PDA

View Full Version : Latest White House 'fire'. anyone else suspicious?

B9vot3r
12-20-2007, 04:26 AM
a link to the AP article:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_on_go_pr_wh/white_house_fire_12 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071219/ap_on_go_pr_wh/white_house_fire_12)

paraphrasing, "Thick smoke billowed from a fire Wednesday in Vice President Dick Cheney's suite of offices in the Eisenhower Executive Office Building next to the White House...The adjacent office of the vice president's political director, Amy Whitelaw, was heavily damaged by fire...White House press secretary Dana Perino said the blaze appeared to have started in an electrical closet or a telephone bank." and there are some other good tidbits about it in there as well.

now looking at this event in a vacuum, it seems innocent enough. but given cheney's history of reluctance to comply to any authority, congressional, judiciary or otherwise, and also given recent events of the ruling that presidential visitation logs are public domain (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/12/17/AR2007121701397.html), just 1 day prior to the fire, things become suspicious.

I have no idea where such records would be held or even in what format theyd be stored (documents? electronically?), or if theyd be in Cheney's office or his political directors office, but as this administrations history has taught us, when astronomical coincidences emerge, theres usually a viable argument for suspicion.

found an interesting little article here (http://www.extremeink.com/awtk/2007/12/shouting-fire-in-crowded-file-cabinet.html), though i would warn the reader also to consider the source, but interesting nonetheless.

also for those of you wondering what a 'telephone bank' is,
linkety link link... (http://www.hansabanka.lv/engl/pakalp/pr_5_3.php). (another separate area of interest/concern. do all VP's have telephone bank service in their private offices? Is this normal equipment to have in such a high office?)

im pretty ignorant on this story but i think theres a possibility there is more than meets the eye, so id encourage any and all scrutiny, including 'youre looking too far into it', but id appreciate more if people got interested or could post more information that might help clear up any suspicion.

kushaze
12-20-2007, 04:56 AM
I think Jason Bourne did it.

joelfarm
12-20-2007, 08:46 AM
At this point it is pure speculation, but as I pointed out yesterday on a posting on this subject right here at ronpaulforums, it is mighty coincidental, given the bunker mentality, cover-ups and downright deception that eminates from that sesspool. Of course, right away some neo-con troll accused us all of creating "a government conspiracy" story out of nothing.
It probably is nothing. We were just having fun with it and "speculating". It would be nice to know if it were indeed true, that they destroyed evidence of their evil works, but they just have too much power and the truth will never be known.

apc3161
12-20-2007, 08:49 AM
I don't like to consider myself a "conspiracy" type person, but I have no doubt there will be another scandal that comes out before 2009. And I have no doubt that many essential documents will be claimed to have been lost in the fire.

That was actually the first thing that came to my mind when watching the news on this.

Wendi
12-20-2007, 09:23 AM
I don't ever recall seeing a fire around the Whitehouse before. I always assumed they had great fire protection systems there or something...

1913_to_2008
12-20-2007, 09:26 AM
I'm always suspicious

kimosabi
12-20-2007, 09:30 AM
im pretty ignorant on this story but i think theres a possibility there is more than meets the eye, so id encourage any and all scrutiny, including 'youre looking too far into it', but id appreciate more if people got interested or could post more information that might help clear up any suspicion.

I'm amazed the Building didn't spontaneously collapse in on itself.

apc3161
12-20-2007, 12:35 PM
I don't ever recall seeing a fire around the Whitehouse before. I always assumed they had great fire protection systems there or something...

They do, but according to the official story there something like two rooms that didn't have sprinkler systems and this is where the fire started. How convenient!

erikm
12-20-2007, 12:38 PM
I think a better question would be 'Is anyone not suspicious about this?'

Personally I think a lot of the present and former Bush executive branch should be put on trial for various reasons, but I suspect a blanket pardon will surface in Bush's final hours.:(

Cheers,
ErikM

PatriotG
12-20-2007, 01:55 PM
Yes

piotr1
12-20-2007, 02:18 PM
I'm amazed the Building didn't spontaneously collapse in on itself.

8) i love it!!!

seapilot
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
The paper shredder overheated.

Xanax Nation
12-20-2007, 02:47 PM
Well yeah that was where the rest of the CIA torture tapes were kept that Cheney would jerk off to at night before going to sleep.

Oh, yeah: http://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=1649467

deehrler
12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
On page 26 of your local newspaper, squeezed between the ad for 'Chuck's Used Hubcaps' and 'Angelina's Massage Parlor', expect to read.....

White House Fire had little effect on the War on Terror
All of the White House tapes and records for 3 trillion worth of expenditures lost. Mostly unimportant things and has no effect on the White House's ability to protect Americans from people who want to kill them.

Thomas Paine
12-20-2007, 03:36 PM
Why would I not be surprised if in a future congressional hearing regarding the CIA's destruction of torture videos that it was disclosed that any documentation referring to such destruction was coincidentally consumed by this particular fire!?!?!

evadmurd
12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I think his shredder caught on fire.

Zydeco
12-20-2007, 04:00 PM
I trust the leaders of this government implicity, and believe they're always looking out for the best interest of the people they were elected to represent.

Our leaders would never engage in nefarious behavior to increase their own power, and anyone who questions them might as well be on the terrorists' side.