PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul should have $500 ready for Tim Russert

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 04:07 AM
When Russert asks Ron Paul to why he has not returned the Ron Blacks White supremecist money,
Ron Paul should hand him the $500, (preferrably in 10 dollar bills, so it looks like more)

When Russert refuses, ron Paul should say, "who do you want me to give this $500 to?"

needs some work, but this could be an awesome "I payed for this microphone" moment.

Castrensis
12-20-2007, 04:09 AM
I have to admit I'm a bit confused - do candidates have to pay be featured on Meet The Press?

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 04:09 AM
I have to admit I'm a bit confused - do candidates have to pay be featured on Meet The Press?

I'll clarify.....

(I payed for this microphone moment was a famous reagan debate line)

smartguy911
12-20-2007, 04:10 AM
same here confused too

kushaze
12-20-2007, 04:12 AM
I am sure Ron Paul will be prepared for this topic.

chinaCat
12-20-2007, 04:13 AM
I'll clarify.....

(I payed for this microphone moment was a famous reagan debate line)

oh, okay the clarification was much needed.

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 04:14 AM
I totally understand

but I think the concept is flawed

When Russert Asks about the Funds,,
Ron Paul says He'd rather Russert Have the money instead of the White Supremicist and he doesn't want to give the money back to that man who would do harm with it,, so he's going to say Do you want it so much here take it,, if it will stop the bad press.

or something to that effect if I'm correct.

Castrensis
12-20-2007, 04:16 AM
"With the other candidates in single digits, the Nashua Telegraph offered to host a debate between Reagan and Bush. Worried that a newspaper-sponsored debate might violate electoral regulations, Reagan subsequently arranged to fund the event with his own campaign money, inviting the other candidates to participate at short notice. The Bush camp did not learn of Reagan's decision to include the other candidates until the debate was due to commence. Bush refused to participate, which led to an impasse on the stage. As Reagan attempted to explain his decision, the editor of the Nashua Telegraph ordered the sound man to mute Reagan's microphone. A visibly angry Reagan responded "I am paying for this microphone, Mr. Green!" (the editor's name was in fact Jon Breen).[1][2] Eventually the other candidates agreed to leave, and the debate proceeded between Reagan and Bush. Reagan's quote was often repeated as "I paid for this microphone!" and dominated news coverage of the event; Bush did not make an impact with the voters." Wiki (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._presidential_election,_1980)

*delayed response* LOL!

AlexAmore
12-20-2007, 04:18 AM
Haha yeah give it to Tim Russert and let TIM give it to the White Supremacist if he so desires. It would be interesting if Tim would or not.

Taco John
12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHve9iQymqE&feature=related

kushaze
12-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Haha yeah give it to Tim Russert and let TIM give it to the White Supremacist if he so desires. It would be interesting if Tim would or not.

Yeah I think someone should call up the campaign headquarters and mention this idea. Make sure Ron Paul has got the $500 in hand so he can pose this question.

wildflower
12-20-2007, 04:27 AM
I don't think he should give Tim Russert money. lol

But maybe it would be good for him to donate $500 to something good, to go against the white supremacist bs.

I have an idea -

What about giving $500 to B.O.N.D. (Brotherhood Organization of New Destiny)

It's run by the "other" Jesse (the good one, imo) Jesse Lee Peterson.

Then again, I dunno... they might be considered kinda controversial by some, because Rev. Peterson really tells it like it is and has some strong views, as a conservative, christian Black man.

(just thinking out loud here) :)

Vonhayek7
12-20-2007, 04:30 AM
This tops the jump to conclusions mat as the worst ideas.

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 04:32 AM
The reason why I say give it to Tim, because you know Tim is going to ask it. The press wants to show their dominance over Paul. They cannot ignore him, because he is getting huge, and god forbid he actually wins and they ignored him.

So now they are playing this game of "accept our scandal, and admit we own you"

Paul should not play it. He should give it to Tim, and tell Tim, "*you* give it back to them" They are the ones insisiting this is the right thing to do, why dont *they* give a WN group $500?

Tim can say many things, Tim can say "its not my responsibility" Paul can say "why is it my responsbility to make sure everyone who give me money is not racist?"

It could go bad, but it could go good... I mean, it could leave Tim stunned, and out of control for the rest of the interview... because we all know, he is going to try a hatchet job... he has been

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 04:32 AM

whats "mat"?

tomveil
12-20-2007, 04:34 AM
The reason why I say give it to Tim, because you know Tim is going to ask it. The press wants to show their dominance over Paul. They cannot ignore him, because he is getting huge, and god forbid he actually wins and they ignored him.

So now they are playing this game of "accept our scandal, and admit we own you"

Paul should not play it. He should give it to Tim, and tell Tim, "*you* give it back to them" They are the ones insisiting this is the right thing to do, why dont *they* give a WN group $500?

Tim can say many things, Tim can say "its not my responsibility" Paul can say "why is it my responsbility to make sure everyone who give me money is not racist?"

It could go bad, but it could go good... I mean, it could leave Tim stunned, and out of control for the rest of the interview... because we all know, he is going to try a hatchet job... he has been

I like the idea, but I don't like the idea of actually having the money in the interview. It makes it look like a cheap prop. I'm sure that Dr. Paul will do fine, he totally smashed Cavuto today when he asked.

Paul: "Do YOU want to give them $500?"

Russert: "Of course not"

Paul: "Me neither. I'd rather spend that money on freedom and liberty."

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 04:39 AM
I like the idea, but I don't like the idea of actually having the money in the interview. It makes it look like a cheap prop. I'm sure that Dr. Paul will do fine, he totally smashed Cavuto today when he asked.

Paul: "Do YOU want to give them $500?"

Russert: "Of course not"

Paul: "Me neither. I'd rather spend that money on freedom and liberty."

Yeahm but russert resorted to Flip-Flops last Sunday with Romney. Who knows what he might pull out on Paul.

I think Paul jsut might be wise to have $500 in his pocket. It would make his point, more than just using words like he did with cavuto.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 04:46 AM
Yeahm but russert resorted to Flip-Flops last Sunday with Romney. Who knows what he might pull out on Paul.

I think Paul jsut might be wise to have $500 in his pocket. It would make his point, more than just using words like he did with cavuto.

I just honestly can't see any reason at all that Ron Paul would EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER give that money away. And he's not the sort of man to fake like he would just to score a political point. He can get his point across without it, I think.

Not that it matters what we think, but I'm interested to see what he does with it. I bet they've been planning an answer since it came up (again).

Aus4RP
12-20-2007, 05:10 AM
http://www.dailygotham.com/blog/rock_hackshaw/a_november_boost_for_barack_obama

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 05:21 AM
http://www.dailygotham.com/blog/rock_hackshaw/a_november_boost_for_barack_obama

anyone know that website where you can look up political donors?

I saw it on a leftist blog once.

here:
http://www.opensecrets.org/overview/stats.asp?Cycle=2008

daviddee
12-20-2007, 05:24 AM

Vonhayek7
12-20-2007, 05:33 AM
whats "mat"?

Yikes.

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 05:37 AM
Yikes.

I must be really stupid for not knowing what you meant!
:rolleyes:

Aus4RP
12-20-2007, 05:37 AM
<sarcasm>

He should bring Don Black and a couple of skins into the broadcast and make Russert "lick boot".

They want Dr Paul to say, "Well shit yeah... Don Black and the whole WPWW movement are my 'spammers'"

<sarcasm>

F++k the media... This is the same crap they pulled on Buchanan.

I respect Don Black's freedom of speech and freedom of association but he had to have known it would cause Dr Paul issues. He needs to respect the bigger picture and request a refund.

Yeah it's suspicious to say the least. I mean, sure Don Black can donate to whom ever he likes, but he announced it on his Radio netcast which makes me wonder why he took that extra step to let people know.

He is well aware groups like the ADL, SPLC and many others listen closely to his Radio shows for anything that they can remotely use for criminal prosecution and would have noted the fact he donated to Ron Paul Immediately.

Hmm

NewEnd
12-20-2007, 05:42 AM
He voted for Bush in 2000, I am not sure if he made public who he voted for in 2004... but money is on Bush again.

rfbz
12-20-2007, 05:46 AM
i think RP already has a great response for this. "it's already spent, do you want me to take the $500 you may have just donated and give it to a white supremacist? Now that doesn't make any sense."

pjbassin
12-20-2007, 06:09 AM
I think it would be great if, when asked about it, the good Dr. pulls out 500 of todays dollars and 4 dollars from 1913 and begins schooling everyone on fiat money;)

vegetarianrpfan
12-20-2007, 06:13 AM
My personal opinion is that the guy was doing it for attention for himself (the same way the brothel owner was). He got tons of news stories out of it, promoting himself and his website. He doesn't really care about Ron Paul or he wouldn't have put the banner on his site or talked about him on his radio show.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 06:17 AM
I think it would be great if, when asked about it, the good Dr. pulls out 500 of todays dollars and 4 dollars from 1913 and begins schooling everyone on fiat money;)

FOR

THE

WIN

daviddee
12-20-2007, 06:21 AM

Thurston Howell III
12-20-2007, 06:42 AM
I'd ask russert why he wants me to give money to a racist? Also, when is the media gonna quit puttin this racist on the news every day, they're giving this guy more publicity then his donation is worth. I'd tell russert the old media should stop promoting this guy like they are.

Charlie_P
12-20-2007, 07:10 AM
I think that Dr. Paul should tell Tim that he wouldn't be surprised if a lot of White Supremacist are tuned in right now watching his show and that Tim is making money off these guys too. He should then ask if Tim if he supports them and is he going to send part of his paycheck back to them. Then he should explain how ridiculous it is to do FBI background checks on all 120000+ people who donated to his campaign to see if they might have once done something he doesn't approve of. Dr. Paul needs to get fired up and call these people out on how stupid they are being.

Paulite
12-20-2007, 07:19 AM
you guys talk like ron paul has prepared answers for questions the press lynch him with. ron is going to answer with the truth and with logic. truth and logic. ron doesnt need to study no questions that may come his way.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 07:24 AM
you guys talk like ron paul has prepared answers for questions the press lynch him with. ron is going to answer with the truth and with logic. truth and logic. ron doesnt need to study no questions that may come his way.

You know he practices. He's too cool under pressure not to. The only times I've really seen him lose it were "Marching Orders from Al-Queida?" and the "Hitler" comments by McCain.

RPatTheBeach
12-20-2007, 07:34 AM
I am quite surprised how many of you think we actually need to address this issue?! There are far more important things at hand. The supremacist is still an American citizen, just as the brothel owners, business owners, and traders on the floor of the exchange are.

Issue over. Let's move on.

pikerz
12-20-2007, 07:40 AM
racists, murderers, childmolestors, drug dealers, rapists, wife beaters have watched MTP in the past, maybe Russert should refund all advertising revenues these people generated.

and why stop there? wal-mart should refund all monies recieved from terrible people, too.

Highstreet
12-20-2007, 07:43 AM
I totally understand

but I think the concept is flawed

When Russert Asks about the Funds,,
Ron Paul says He'd rather Russert Have the money instead of the White Supremicist and he doesn't want to give the money back to that man who would do harm with it,, so he's going to say Do you want it so much here take it,, if it will stop the bad press.

or something to that effect if I'm correct.

Now, that would be funny.:D

Highstreet
12-20-2007, 07:44 AM
I am quite surprised how many of you think we actually need to address this issue?! There are far more important things at hand. The supremacist is still an American citizen, just as the brothel owners, business owners, and traders on the floor of the exchange are.

Issue over. Let's move on.

Issue should be over, but you can bet the mortgage that Russert will confront him about it.

It was too well played to have the info hit the "MSM" this week and have Fox mention it.

Highstreet
12-20-2007, 07:45 AM
I'd ask russert why he wants me to give money to a racist? Also, when is the media gonna quit puttin this racist on the news every day, they're giving this guy more publicity then his donation is worth. I'd tell russert the old media should stop promoting this guy like they are.

Bump for another good idea.

Conza88
12-20-2007, 07:47 AM

+1