PDA

View Full Version : SC Straw Poll

RPatTheBeach
07-08-2007, 08:32 AM
I was just on my local ABC website, and noticed in a town a few over from me, there is a straw poll on the 28th of this month. I was wondering if there was any RP promoting/appearances going on prior to this event? The site reports Ghouliani making a local appearance just a couple days prior (21st).

July 28, 2007: Georgetown County Republican Party Straw Poll/Barbecue, 11 am

Swmorgan77
07-08-2007, 09:59 AM
Is there a meetup group in the area?

www.meetup.com

RPatTheBeach
07-08-2007, 11:05 AM
Is there a meetup group in the area?

www.meetup.com

Not in the county of the Straw Poll. The neighboring county (which my residence is in) has one.

RPatTheBeach
07-14-2007, 07:02 AM
Bump...

Still haven't heard any mention of this anywhere. Time is closing in. If RP can't win SC, he can't win the entire southeast.

Slugg
07-14-2007, 07:16 AM
I was just on my local ABC website, and noticed in a town a few over from me, there is a straw poll on the 28th of this month. I was wondering if there was any RP promoting/appearances going on prior to this event? The site reports Ghouliani making a local appearance just a couple days prior (21st).

July 28, 2007: Georgetown County Republican Party Straw Poll/Barbecue, 11 am
On the 21st he has the SC Republican Party thing, and a rally nearby. I've seen a thread talking about a postcard mail advertisement for the area. So, in a word, yes. There is some appearances scheduled close to the event. Hopefully the SouthEast Meetup Groups will work this out for us....

I know he has a fundraiser in San Antonio on the 28th so I doubt he'll be there for the actual straw poll.

We should contact all the closest meetup groups to work the straw poll.

Can you post a list of the talk radio shows in your area? Perhaps we can work to get a one of them to interview Dr. Paul before the Straw Poll.

And perhaps one more 'overnight' may be in order....any thoughts?

DjLoTi
07-14-2007, 07:17 AM
Check out the homepage. Ron's going to be in both Spartansburg and Greensville on the 21st.

RPatTheBeach
07-14-2007, 07:21 AM
Thanks for the responses. Spartanburg is on the entire opposite side of the state. A solid 5 hour drive. I don't think that event will be much support for this poll.

I don't listen to much talk radio, but I will see what I can find.

RPatTheBeach
07-14-2007, 07:53 AM
This appears to be the only worthwhile Talk-Radio program in the area: http://www.wrnn.net/
Not sure who to contact, as I see they air Hannity. I don't recognize the other names on their programming list, so I am unsure if this is strictly local programming with a few fillers (Hannity, etc) on weekends.

MozoVote
07-14-2007, 07:58 AM
If the straw poll is sparsley attended, then just a few dozen Paul supporters could throw it. ;)