PDA

View Full Version : Get Well card for Rudy Giuliani

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:17 AM
Over in the general politics forum we were talking about sending Rudy a get well card. Looks like some of you had the same idea! Please ONLY sign this if you want to! We've got a whole diverse group of people here, and not everybody's going to think that they should sign. That's fine!

If we can get somebody in the area to print this "card" out and deliver this to the hospital (all on tape), imagine the awesome press that we could generate! They always call us crazies and freaks, what's nicer than a Get Well card? Especially one bearing hundreds and hundreds of signatures from supporters of your opponent?

Again, if you think it's an awful idea, that's cool. But please don't bag on those of us who like the idea.

Here's the text of the card:

Dear Mr. Giuliani,

We're very sorry to hear that you have fallen ill. We wish you a speedy recovery and a healthy holiday season for you and your loved ones and campaign staff.

Get Well Soon!

The Ron Paul rEVOLution

(Hundreds of signatures here)

If you'd like to sign the card for Rudy, please go to:

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/drpaulwillmakeitbetter/

Dequeant
12-20-2007, 03:20 AM
"Get well soon Rudy, sincerely"

"P.S. You would honestly suck as a president. (just as sincerely)"

ctb619
12-20-2007, 03:21 AM
what is this supposed to accomplish?

devil21
12-20-2007, 03:22 AM
I wish there was a :barf: emoticon on ronpaulforums.com

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:22 AM

Well, first, it's a get well card. Nobody should be sick!

Secondly, whenever Dr. Paul gets asked about the crazy supporters, he can say "Well, we collected a thousand signatures on a get well card to Rudy when he was ill, there was no report on that though."

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 03:23 AM

NOTHING. It's about being NICE!

idiotwind
12-20-2007, 03:24 AM
awful idea

JoeySweets
https://www.barnesjewish.org/groups/card.asp

This is even Better,, They will actually Deliever this to Rudy assuming he is still in the Hospital,,

or you can send him some flowers

Give me liberty

Nothing i guess, i wonder if some of the members here are really just for ron paul or orther.

btw did you guys know that even most of the people in new york city hate rudy?
so why are you wasteing your time on writing letters or get well cards to rudy?

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 03:25 AM
Nothing i guess, i wonder if some of the members here are really just for ron paul or orther.

btw did you guys know that even most of the people in new york city hate rudy?
so why are you wasteing your time on writing letters or get well cards to rudy?

because just maybe the media might pick up on this,,

you never Know.

pickfair
12-20-2007, 03:25 AM
Whether this gets picked up by the media doesn't really matter. Being "nice" just to get noticed really defeats the purpose. But I do think this is a nice idea if you really mean it. I'd like to see how Rudy will react when he receives a bunch of well-wishing messages signed by RP supporters. It's all in good, friendly spirit with an added sense of humor. We need our opponents fit and ready to go. Fair play's what we want.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:26 AM
*sigh*

Have you been paying attention?

The only way that Ron Paul gets hurt is because of actions of his supporters. WE could use some good press too, don't you think?

JoeySweets
Whether this gets picked up by the media doesn't really matter. Being "nice" just to get noticed really defeats the purpose. But I do think this is a nice idea if you really mean it. I'd like to see how Rudy will react when he receives a bunch of well-wishing messages signed by RP supporters. It's all in good, friendly spirit with an added sense of humor. We need our opponents fit and ready to go. Fair play's what we want.

ditto,,

Here's the link by the way

tomveil

Exactly. Who wouldn't love to watch a get well card with 10 pages of signatures being delivered to the hospital? That's classic You Tube material right there :)

eric_cartman
12-20-2007, 03:27 AM
Giuliani was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks. i hope he burns in hell.

he covered up the 9/11 crime scene so that the steal could not be examined. he was told in advance that the south tower was going to collapse. he let all the first responders get sick, and he didn't help them with medical treatment after they were known to be sick. he knew about 9/11... he had a hand in 9/11... i would never wish him well.

devil21
12-20-2007, 03:29 AM
*sigh*

Have you been paying attention?

The only way that Ron Paul gets hurt is because of actions of his supporters. WE could use some good press too, don't you think?

You must be new to this campaign. I don't fault you for your optimism but many of us have seen how far "being nice" gets us. Not far at all...and then it's usually twisted somehow. The way the MSM would handle this is to air a story that RP supporters wish to torment Rudy while he is sick in the hospital. You can take that to the bank. I do wish that supporters would understand that for every action, there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction. Stop giving them ammo. We are not dealing with a fair, balanced and honest media!

idiotwind
12-20-2007, 03:29 AM

he covered up the 9/11 crime scene so that the steal could not be examined. he was told in advance that the south tower was going to collapse. he let all the first responders get sick, and he didn't help them with medical treatment after they were known to be sick. he knew about 9/11... he had a hand in 9/11... i would never wish him well.

Let me guess, freshman in college?

SpicyItalian739
12-20-2007, 03:30 AM

Shut up Cartman, you fata$$... your mom was on the cover of crackwhore magazine! /end South Park joke

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:31 AM
You must be new to this campaign. I don't fault you for your optimism but many of us have seen how far "being nice" gets us. Not far at all...and then it's usually twisted somehow. The way the MSM would handle this is to air a story that RP supporters wish to torment Rudy while he is sick in the hospital. You can take that to the bank. I do wish that supporters would understand that for every action, there is an equal and OPPOSITE reaction. Stop giving them ammo.

By delivering one card? I agree with you that we shouldn't "flower-bomb" him or anything, but one card bearing the signatures of RP supporters can't possibly be spun badly :-P

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 03:32 AM
That link again...

This will be printed out and hand delivered to him...

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 03:34 AM
Man, can't we just be NICE when someone gets ill?

The guy has had cancer. Stress can bring a relapse. You just don't know. It could be a flu, it could something much worse. We have a golden opportunity to just be nice. If you don't want to be nice, fine, don't, but don't make us feel guilty for doing the right thing please.

That link again...

devil21
That link again...

By who? Rudy has tons of security around him. If you guys even think that card would get within 20 meters of Rudy you are delusional.

AlexAmore
By delivering one card? I agree with you that we shouldn't "flower-bomb" him or anything, but one card bearing the signatures of RP supporters can't possibly be spun badly :-P

Until Rudy's henchmen plant some anthrax in the card then call the police and everything is blamed on us... j/k

**CNN BREAKING NEWS**
Ron Paul ordered an attack on Rudy Giuliani while he was sick in the hospital...more at 11.

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 03:36 AM
By who? Rudy has tons of security around him. If you guys even think that card would get within 20 meters of Rudy you are delusional.

But the Hospital people at the Desk might Notice how all the positive message from Ron Paul supporters are getting to Rudy and we could see some Conversion from that Hospital,, and In turn get some more Ron Paul supporters who can only Further the Movement.

Doing stuff like this Helps the Campaign.

Tedhunter
12-20-2007, 03:36 AM
I just can't do it. I care about people's health and well-being, but I don't particularly care for Rudy. Why would I send him a message like this and not to the thousands of other people who are suffering in the world? What makes Rudy so special? I would have an ulterior motive for sending well-wishes, and it would be disingenuous of me. Maybe if we knew each other - although I certainly wouldn't mind if Ron Paul sent him some good cheer. Being courteous to the enemy away from the battlefield speaks very highly of one's character.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:37 AM

That one is done by the hospital staff, I'm sure they can get to him.

As for the "card", we don't need to hand it directly to him. We can leave it wherever they are taking those things. It's the gesture that counts. That and the fact that it will be up on You Tube ;)

LibertyForAll
12-20-2007, 03:37 AM
Kindness is always good, no matter how it is perceived or how much attention, or how much or how little it is deserved. Kindness is part of the Ron Paul Revolution, just as much as anything else.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:39 AM
I just can't do it. I care about people's health and well-being, but I don't particularly care for Rudy. Why would I send him a message like this and not to the thousands of other people who are suffering in the world? What makes Rudy so special? I would have an ulterior motive for sending well-wishes, and it would be disingenuous of me. Maybe if we knew each other - although I certainly wouldn't mind if Ron Paul sent him some good cheer. Being courteous to the enemy away from the battlefield speaks very highly of one's character.

That's very honest of you, and I applaud it. Myself, I don't have any feeling tword him either way, it just sucks to be sick. I guess I just see it as being courteous to the enemy, even if I'm not on the front lines :)

Castrensis
12-20-2007, 03:39 AM
But the Hospital people at the Desk might Notice how all the positive message from Ron Paul supporters are getting to Rudy and we could see some Conversion from that Hospital,, and In turn get some more Ron Paul supporters who can only Further the Movement.

Doing stuff like this Helps the Campaign.

I didn't even think of the possibility of word getting around the hospital. A great deal of employees talking amongst an even larger number of patients. That may be some excellent PR for RP.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:41 AM
I didn't even think of the possibility of word getting around the hospital. A great deal of employees talking amongst an even larger number of patients. That may be some excellent PR for RP.

I'll admit, I didn't think of that either! Great points!

devil21
12-20-2007, 03:41 AM
Do a search on the Laura Ingraham flower bomb then think about this again.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 03:47 AM
Wow...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24412

synthetic
12-20-2007, 03:49 AM
If you're giving Rudy a get well card make sure you include a Ron Paul slimjim.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 03:50 AM
Wow...

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=24412

Very cool.

Castrensis
12-20-2007, 03:52 AM
Do a search on the Laura Ingraham flower bomb then think about this again.

So...I scanned through the posts. You're saying that we should consider that the gifts will never make it to him since he may not be where we think he is?

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 03:55 AM
So...I scanned through the posts. You're saying that we should consider that the gifts will never make it to him since he may not be where we think he is?

it clearly says

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_po/giuliani_missouri
"To be on the safe side, the mayor consulted with his personal physician in New York and made the decision to go to the Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis for routine tests."

from the Yahoo article

devil21
12-20-2007, 03:57 AM

Among other things. I haven't seen Laura speaking much on the goodness and necessity of Ron Paul much lately...have you? She's a typical political pundit and just does what her masters tell her to do, day to day. Read up on the Jay Leno flower bomb and how well that worked out. Anyway, all these gestures are nice and all and make people feel fuzzy but in the end they dont mean squat and dont accomplish much of anything. Your $15 is better spent on a NH chip-in or another donation to the campaign instead of sending a card to Rudy or some flowers to a pundit. In a way, Im hoping this campaign has gotten PAST the stage of gimmicks.

SpicyItalian739
I actually feel like a better person for having sent Rudy a very sincere and heartfelt message/wishing of wellness. I also sincerely meant it when I told him that I wished him and his family a very Merry Christmas.

The positivity of our grassroots is astounding and uplifting! To all of the doubters, you won't understand until you personally send him a message wishing for his wellness. It makes you the bigger person. It will reinforce your own moral clarity. He may be the 'enemy,' but he is a human being and we must ALWAYS take the high ground.

This *IS* a Revolution of [LOVE] after all, isn't it? :)

P.S. Even Rudy has a place in this Revolution, because he provoked Dr. Paul and allowed him one of his finest moments at the Reagan Library debate.

Gimme Some Truth
Its a good idea if you stick in a bunch of Ron Paul leaflets and/or a constitution (if you do I will sign it, if not I wont. ). If not , then whats the point? Im sure there are better people out there to give a real heartfelt message/gift to.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 03:58 AM
it clearly says

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071220/ap_po/giuliani_missouri
"To be on the safe side, the mayor consulted with his personal physician in New York and made the decision to go to the Barnes Jewish Hospital in St. Louis for routine tests."

from the Yahoo article

Good investigative work there!! I am buying some carnations then. Even if he has left in the morning, it will still get talked about throughout the Hospital. And they will already all be talking about him merely being there. So this can only be all good.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 04:00 AM
Among other things. I haven't seen Laura speaking much on the goodness and necessity of Ron Paul much lately...have you? She's a typical political pundit and just does what her masters tell her to do, day to day. Read up on the Jay Leno flower bomb and how well that worked out. Anyway, all these gestures are nice and all and make people feel fuzzy but in the end they dont mean squat and dont accomplish much of anything. Your $15 is better spent on a NH chip-in or another donation to the campaign instead of sending a card to Rudy or some flowers to a pundit. In a way, Im hoping this campaign has gotten PAST the stage of gimmicks.

To YOU it's a gimmick, to many of us, it's a genuine display of compassion, and I for one couldn't give a flying shit if nothing comes back to me/us, the fact that my heart tells me it is the right thing to do is more than enough for me...

Castrensis
12-20-2007, 04:03 AM

Conceded to chip-in criticism. Cost of carnations donated to Fiveforfreedom.com. ;)

devil21
12-20-2007, 04:04 AM
To YOU it's a gimmick, to many of us, it's a genuine display of compassion, and I for one couldn't give a flying shit if nothing comes back to me/us, the fact that my heart tells me it is the right thing to do is more than enough for me...

Eh, it's cool. Im sure the people that moved to NH and are living on junk food in a group house don't mind your $15 going to a get well card for Rudy instead of food for them.

Gimme Some Truth
12-20-2007, 04:08 AM
Eh, it's cool. Im sure the people that moved to NH and are living on junk food in a group house don't mind your $15 going to a get well card for Rudy instead of food for them.

Yea , or the firemen's wives(widows) who lost their husbands because of Rudy's ineptness.

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 04:09 AM

wow make us feel guilty,

and the Money can also be spent giving to Starving Children in Africa as well

you could say that about the donations we made to the Ron Paul campaigne too.

Like what if we all just wanted to donate to Aid research,, we could have had 18 million just for the starving in Nambia.

I think this is a good idea AND BY THE WAY,, don't you think the Money will go to a Hospital!!!!! which cares for people,, so I guess my starving children thing doesn't even work.
I think this is good

1 Because It's a token of Good Will that the People at the Hospital will recognize

2. It shows we're all not death treat touting supporters

3 we actually think it would be terriable and a blow to democracy if Rudy was taken out of the race due to medical reasons reguardless of how much harm he might do to America,, we still want to beat him the right Way

4. This could get some media attention if we are Lucky.

devil21
12-20-2007, 04:17 AM
wow make us feel guilty,
3 we actually think it would be terriable and a blow to democracy if Rudy was taken out of the race due to medical reasons reguardless of how much harm he might do to America,, we still want to beat him the right Way

I agree that we need Rudy in the race to split the neocon pro-war vote. He has the flu, not the ebola virus. Winning the "right Way" (honor?) sounds a little too Huckish for my liking though. But like I said, go ahead and send your money for a card that Rudy will never see and/or will get promptly thrown in the trash, if you wish. I just think your money could be better spent getting Dr. Paul elected. But it's your money so do as you please with it.

(Im done with these absurd "Love for Rudy" threads. New RP supporters gravitate towards these grand gestures early on and that's fine. But the past flower bombs and similar are evidence that it doesnt mean much. Those of us that have been active in this campaign for awhile know that they are mostly a waste of time and money that could be better spent elsewhere.)

tomveil
12-20-2007, 04:19 AM

Who's spending any money? I'm certainly not. Clearly money should go to our boy.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 04:21 AM
I agree that we need Rudy in the race to split the neocon pro-war vote. He has the flu, not the ebola virus. Winning the "right Way" (honor?) sounds a little too Huckish for my liking though. But like I said, go ahead and send your money for a card that Rudy will never see or will get promptly thrown in the trash if you wish. I just think your money could be better spent getting Dr. Paul elected. But it's your money so do as you please with it.

(Im done with these absurd "Love for Rudy" threads. New RP supporters gravitate towards these grand gestures early on and that's fine. But the past flower bombs and similar are evidence that it doesnt mean much. Those of us that have been active in this campaign for awhile know that they are mostly a waste of time and money that could be better spent elsewhere.)

I don't do it for the campaign. I do it because I believe in doing unto others as I would have them do unto me. The fact that they can do nothing to return the favor, just makes it even more worthwhile in my opinion. And no one will dare be throwing any of these in the trash.

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 04:22 AM
Who's spending any money? I'm certainly not. Clearly money should go to our boy.

sending him a card is Free

or you can send flowers for 9 Bucks,,

if we got a whole bunch of people to send stuff, it would be pretty neat and increase our standing, in the Hospital at least wich Thousands of workers.

I mean if we really overload their system with get well wishes, it would be cool and spread Dr. Pauls message of love

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 04:24 AM
I sent a "Get Well Soon" balloon and some pecan candy. Cost me only $5.45 i think.

tomveil
12-20-2007, 04:25 AM
sending him a card is Free

or you can send flowers for 9 Bucks,,

if we got a whole bunch of people to send stuff, it would be pretty neat and increase our standing, in the Hospital at least wich Thousands of workers.

I mean if we really overload their system with get well wishes, it would be cool and spread Dr. Pauls message of love

I'm down with the cards :) I'd rather the $9 went to our campaign (or as somebody mentioned, the supporters up in NH), but it's your money :) I agree that the cards will mean a lot, especially if they are heart felt and sincere. The hospital staff will for sure read them at least!

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 04:35 AM
OK, I need to crash, need to be up in 4 hours. I hope someone with a heart will keep bumping this thread so the people that arrive in the AM will see it.

And repaste these links...

To send a message that will be printed and handed to him... https://www.barnesjewish.org/groups/card.asp

To send him flowers or something else... https://www.barnesjewish.org/plazashop/default.asp

tomveil
12-20-2007, 04:38 AM
OK, I need to crash, need to be up in 4 hours. I hope someone with a heart will keep bumping this thread so the people that arrive in the AM will see it.

And repaste these links...

To send a message that will be printed and handed to him... https://www.barnesjewish.org/groups/card.asp

To send him flowers or something else... https://www.barnesjewish.org/plazashop/default.asp

Good night :)

noztnac
12-20-2007, 04:40 AM
Get well. We all want to see the look on your face at Ron Paul's inauguration.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 04:43 AM
Get well. We all want to see the look on your face at Ron Paul's inauguration.

Maybe he'll wear a beautiful evening gown.... :)

Night...

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 04:49 AM
This is completely pointless.. If you paid attention all he has is the Flu. He probably went to the hospital for a few hours and left. Before any of your cards get their he will be out... lol.. The media will have a real laugh at this.. he is not seriously injured.. That's the only time it makes sense to send "Get well soon" cards. All doing this will prove is that Ron Paul supporters will band behind any idea some misleaded person comes up with. Rudy will be laughing at this when in a week he receives tons of get well soon cards and he's not even sick. He's a politician, and our opponent at that, you can be assured he will turn this around and use it as ammunition. He wont attack us on being cruel or terrorists, but instead on being sheep that flock behind any terrible idea. He will certainly laugh about this in front of as many media cameras as he possibly can and make us look very silly. "I only had a cold... you would think I was on my deathbed.. with the way these guys flooded me". You should never arm your opponents, and trust me.. this IS ammunition to make us look like we at the very least overreact to trivial things... and then waste our precious time were suppose to be using to win because he caught the flu? Talk about playing into the media's game.

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 05:09 AM
I thought the reports said he would stay overnight.

If so he's probably waking up now to the get well wishes.

rfbz
12-20-2007, 05:22 AM
anyone else think this could be taken the wrong way, like we're mocking him? We already got RP supporters following him around harassing him, then we send a get well card? I think it would come off as insincere.

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 05:27 AM
anyone else think this could be taken the wrong way, like we're mocking him? We already got RP supporters following him around harassing him, then we send a get well card? I think it would come off as insincere.

It doesn't matter really. Either they will laugh at us (Rudy's campaign) or the media will suggest we dared to mock him and that we're sick.. or whatever. Really theres a lot of things that could happen. The problem is none of them are positive for us, this will be a lose/lose situation. He has a flu people, if he was seriously ill.. or anything of that sort I might take this seriously. If this was the early 1900's I suppose people would take this seriously.. but he might as well have scrapped his knee.. with todays medicine. This isn't a big ordeal.. even his own family members wont be silly enough to send him get well cards for this overnight stay.. why are we being so plain goofy? This will only be good for laughs (At us not with us).

shagywashere
12-20-2007, 05:34 AM
We shouldn't really waste time on something like this

Electric Church
12-20-2007, 05:41 AM
Over in the general politics forum we were talking about sending Rudy a get well card. Looks like some of you had the same idea! Please ONLY sign this if you want to! We've got a whole diverse group of people here, and not everybody's going to think that they should sign. That's fine!

If we can get somebody in the area to print this "card" out and deliver this to the hospital (all on tape), imagine the awesome press that we could generate! They always call us crazies and freaks, what's nicer than a Get Well card? Especially one bearing hundreds and hundreds of signatures from supporters of your opponent?

Again, if you think it's an awful idea, that's cool. But please don't bag on those of us who like the idea.

Dear Mr. Giuliani,

We're very sorry to hear that you have fallen ill. We wish you a speedy recovery and a healthy holiday season for you and your loved ones and campaign staff.

Get Well Soon!

The Ron Paul rEVOLution

Don’t forget to include all the heroic first responders who are dying off like flies because of this stinking filthy piece of stench Rudy.

Mattsa
12-20-2007, 06:13 AM

Dear Mr. Giuliani,

Get Well Soon!

The Ron Paul rEVOLution

What are you trying to do?

Kill the poor guy!!? LOL LOL!

Akus
12-20-2007, 06:31 AM

Dear Mr. Giuliani,

Get Well Soon and we'll see you at Ron Paul's inauguration!

The Ron Paul rEVOLution

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/drpaulwillmakeitbetter/corrected

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 06:45 AM

location to send him a card,

Not sure if he's there anymore However

jrich4rpaul
12-20-2007, 06:49 AM
Done. Do unto others...

Mortikhi
12-20-2007, 06:52 AM
Dear Rudy,
....................../´¯/)
....................,/¯../
.................../..../
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(
..............\.............\...
Signed,
An freedom-loving American

CurtisLow
12-20-2007, 07:04 AM
I wish there was a :barf: emoticon on ronpaulforums.com

I did not know what to get you for x-Mas so I got you this..

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/347/puketb4.gif

Kingfisher
12-20-2007, 07:07 AM
Why must we go through all this idiotic attacking and namecalling everytime someone comes up with an idea. I thought we were here to promote Ron Paul. This is so simple: IF YOU DONT LIKE AN IDEA DONT PARTICIPATE!!

Copperhed51
12-20-2007, 07:21 AM
I'll sign it. I'm sick right now too and I know it's no fun at all. I know many think he's evil but wishing bad health on anybody is just wrong. Despite what people think, he is human and does have human emotions.

RPFTW!
12-20-2007, 07:23 AM
I dunno I think Giuliani is a bit too evil for me. I'd rather send Kucinich a "Sorry your brother is dead" card

FreeTraveler
12-20-2007, 07:58 AM
http://inlinethumb19.webshots.com/36882/2287941090100527759S425x425Q85.jpg

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 08:39 AM
bump