PDA

View Full Version : A race for converts.

Ben Elliott
12-20-2007, 03:04 AM
Well maybe not a race, but in the spirit of the primaries why not make it a grassroots wide effort to convert as many people as possible. Of course this isn't a brand new idea but how about people keep a personal tally of how many people they've converted to the Ron Paul side. If this becomes an active adventure in the grassroots community we could easily double our numbers if the average supporter has tallied 5 to 20 converts.

I'm currently at zero personally so I'm probably the last one to begin tallying. But just to see, how many people have you converted lately?

P.S. There should be some special title for people who convert more than say, 10 people. Like Liberty Warrior or something.

Ben Elliott
12-20-2007, 03:24 AM
shameless bump.

rwl4
12-20-2007, 03:44 AM
I've converted 6 close friends and 2 family members so far, for a total of 8. Anybody else?

drexhex
12-20-2007, 03:46 AM
Through proxy, about 5000.

Tedhunter
12-20-2007, 03:46 AM
I converted my ex-girlfriend. Although I think I could've convinced her of just about anything. :rolleyes:

dreamsinc
12-20-2007, 03:58 AM
Let's see. So far I have spread the message of Freedom, Prosperity, and Peace to:

Family: My mom, dad, brother, sister-in-law, grandmother, grandfather, aunt, uncle, two cousins, and a family friend. Let's just say I had a Ron Paul Thanksgiving.

Friends: Eight strong supporters and four or five maybes.

Co-workers: So far I have had a couple express support and a couple so some interest.

Almost all of them are talking to their friends and family too. Of which I am hearing good stories.

All together I would say I'm currently at about 25 or so, and working on more!

rwl4
12-20-2007, 01:48 PM
anyone else?

Artsy74
12-20-2007, 01:56 PM
This is a great idea!

If it catches on I'll supply a prize for the person with the most converts, just for fun.

And on the honor system.

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 02:00 PM
I have converted my GF, My mom(democratic tax collector), a couple coworkers have shown some interest

but where I think I have had a big impact is with Customers that come in to buy cars. They see all the RP crap I have at my desk and can't do anything other than ask about him.

And I think I got his name out to alot of people in Philly the friday night before the rally and the morning of the rally. I handed out over 2,000 slimjims myself in a span of about 6-8 hours

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
We can start a website where you sign up
and when you sign up you get a number or code then everyone you convert you give them that number and they use it on the site like a promo code

The more people that sign up using your code the more points you get and there could be a graph and have different levels of supporter

newmedia4ron
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
Well maybe not a race, but in the spirit of the primaries why not make it a grassroots wide effort to convert as many people as possible. Of course this isn't a brand new idea but how about people keep a personal tally of how many people they've converted to the Ron Paul side. If this becomes an active adventure in the grassroots community we could easily double our numbers if the average supporter has tallied 5 to 20 converts.

I'm currently at zero personally so I'm probably the last one to begin tallying. But just to see, how many people have you converted lately?

P.S. There should be some special title for people who convert more than say, 10 people. Like Liberty Warrior or something.

can we start using the word recruit instead of convert, it sounds really bad.

rwl4
12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Maybe a viral MySpace-friend sort of thing. Where you add people to your RP converted network. ;-)

Ben Elliott
12-21-2007, 12:42 AM
I didn't know people actually responded to this.

I think I got one of my coworkers questioning the other day but other than that I don't have many, "recruits".

I wonder who has the most personal converts. Other than Ron Paul himself.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-21-2007, 12:45 AM

I'm with you, dude. We're getting past the point where we can viably win by picking up disaffected liberals and convincing them to register Republican. Deadlines are zooming by, and the way we're going to win primaries is by converting, with great patience, tact, and politeness, people who are largely already supporting other candidates or claim they don't like any of the candidates. It'll be tough, but we gotta do it. Let's keep score :D

Ben Elliott
12-21-2007, 12:47 AM
Most people don't vote in the primaries. What was the percentage of Republicans who actually voted in the primaries? 5%? We could get random people off the street and get them into a voting booth come primaries. It's all about the converts baby.

Who can brag the most?

jacmicwag
12-21-2007, 12:51 AM
I'd say about 6 or 7 counting co-workers and friends. Some become instant fanatics, others you have to keep working....