PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul the most electable amongst all GOP candidates (chart)

davidhperry
12-20-2007, 02:52 AM
Check out one of Dan's charts using intrade data:

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/intrade_electability_rep.png

When you look at the probabilities for each candidate winning the nomination and the general election, you can get the probability of each of them winning against the democratic contender. Interestingly enough, Ron Paul is the only one above 50% - that is essentially indicating that RP has the best chance to win in November.

We need to keep reminding people that Ron Paul is the best hope the republicans have to win the White House. Use this chart as very good evidence of this fact. For those who don't know, these types of markets have been very, very reliable predictors of election outcomes. The reason is because people have real money on the line. Unlike a poll, they are a lot harder to "game" since you have a financial incentive to be say what you believe rather than want you want to happen. In order words, traders buy who they think will actually win rather than the candidate that they want to win.

Dequeant
12-20-2007, 02:56 AM
The fact of the matter is that.....even if us RP supporters ONLY amount to 15% of voters on election day....

The Republicans don't get that 15% if they put up anyone but Ron Paul. With the size of their base......they wouldn't have a CHANCE. Additionally, Ron Paul is the ONLY republican that can split the democratic vote. I don't think that matters to them....(honestly, i could see them putting up a weak republican candidate just to ensure Ron Paul DOESNT run).

davidhperry
12-20-2007, 03:02 AM
The fact of the matter is that.....even if us RP supporters ONLY amount to 15% of voters on election day....

The Republicans don't get that 15% if they put up anyone but Ron Paul. With the size of their base......they wouldn't have a CHANCE. Additionally, Ron Paul is the ONLY republican that can split the democratic vote. I don't think that matters to them....(honestly, i could see them putting up a weak republican candidate just to ensure Ron Paul DOESNT run).

Very true - Dr. Paul is really pulling people out of the woodwork. I also don't think the GOP appreciates how many democrats support him. If we can get past the GOP nomination process it's going to be the democrats who will make the difference for the WH win.

Coola
12-20-2007, 04:57 AM
My intelligence is too low to comprehend this chart. Thus, I will stare at the pretty colors.

GHoeberX
12-20-2007, 07:36 AM
The thing which strikes me is that Huckabee has the lowest chance of all Republicans against Democrats... Perhaps that's why he suddenly got so popular among Democrat-media? If they push Huckabee to the front, they're certain that Hillary is going to be president..