PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul video link for the ABC 7/08 interview with Stephanopolous

1k9
07-08-2007, 08:17 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAh9sp7ebdY

Swmorgan77
07-08-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow CFR Snufalupagous isn't biased at all....

His disdain for freedom and Dr. Paul is palletable. This is why you are losing viewers ABC. Thanks for the coverage though...

1k9
07-08-2007, 08:34 AM
I'm just glad that he's on a national show. Stephanopolous is catering to his viewers, so if we can get anything out of the interview is that 4 million (if I remember the numbers correctly) people possibly know more about Dr. Paul than they did before the interview.

givemeliberty
07-08-2007, 08:36 AM
The show was preempted in our area by religious programming. There are a number of other people on another forum reporting the same thing. Anyone here seeing this?

Original_Intent
07-08-2007, 08:41 AM
My wife and I call him Snufulupagus too! :D

I thought he asked good questions and gave Ron Paul a good opportunity to express his ideas. I think the fact that he got in that he wasn't taking a Congressional pension, had never accepted Medicare payments as a doctor, and discouraged his kids from taking student loans to go to college is going to make a lot of people take notice.

BTW you read it here first, I think George Boy is going to take a shot at the White House at some point, and win. Print it out, put it in a sealed envelope, and be amazed at my powers of prediction.

nullvalu
07-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Well, I'm greatful to ABC and his show for having Ron Paul on, but I can't believe he said he can't be elected. Just go ahead and squash anyone's hope after seeing Ron for the first time. Screw that, he CAN be elected.

walt
07-08-2007, 08:58 AM
This piece did a good job of taking 6 months of information and putting it into 10 minutes. Remember, this interview was not for this group, it was for people who never had heard of him before. In that aspect it was fair.

Focus on the positive: Share the video link with 10 people who don't know Dr. Paul and show this introduction.

What is Stephanopolous' email address? The campaign (and us) should challenge him to put all of his assets in escrow now so there is no controversy later. :D

Tsoman
07-08-2007, 09:02 AM
what a huge bitch!

sunny
07-08-2007, 09:28 AM
i am going to email the show and - in a very respectful way - let gs know that his statements about dr. paul not winning the election was not good journalism and not his place to make such a comment.

and just to say it again cuz it makes me po'd - gs is a little s***! a little cfr s***!

Swmorgan77
07-08-2007, 09:41 AM

I thought he asked good questions and gave Ron Paul a good opportunity to express his ideas. I think the fact that he got in that he wasn't taking a Congressional pension, had never accepted Medicare payments as a doctor, and discouraged his kids from taking student loans to go to college is going to make a lot of people take notice.

BTW you read it here first, I think George Boy is going to take a shot at the White House at some point, and win. Print it out, put it in a sealed envelope, and be amazed at my powers of prediction.

Hehe, predicting that a CFR member will obtain higher office is like shooting fish in a barrel

Still though, President... that's still a bit of a limb to go out on. We'll see :)

Swmorgan77
07-08-2007, 09:43 AM
This piece did a good job of taking 6 months of information and putting it into 10 minutes. Remember, this interview was not for this group, it was for people who never had heard of him before. In that aspect it was fair.

Focus on the positive: Share the video link with 10 people who don't know Dr. Paul and show this introduction.

What is Stephanopolous' email address? The campaign (and us) should challenge him to put all of his assets in escrow now so there is no controversy later. :D

Well I'd say if you're going to link videos to people who don't know about Dr. Paul, there are much better ones than this.

woowoowoo22
07-08-2007, 09:49 AM
Digg it.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/BREAKING_VIDEO_Ron_Paul_on_This_Week_on_ABC_7_8_07

angelatc
07-08-2007, 09:52 AM
Mike Gravel got the same remark. And during the roundtable segment they ascertained that Rudy was the only Republican candidate that raised more money ins the 2nd quarter than in the first.

billv
07-08-2007, 10:03 AM
"You're not going to win"

That's fair journalism. What an ***hole.

Brian
07-08-2007, 10:18 AM
No one thought we could beat the British during the Revolutionary War. We've done it once, and we'll do it again.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 10:19 AM
Mike Gravel got the same remark. And during the roundtable segment they ascertained that Rudy was the only Republican candidate that raised more money ins the 2nd quarter than in the first.

Yeah, I was about to give that guy a piece of my mind, and then I replayed it in my head and they were specifically talking about the 3 frontrunners, not all Republican candidates, so he was correct.

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 10:27 AM
No one thought we could beat the British during the Revolutionary War. We've done it once, and we'll do it again.

Damn straight! :D

WannaBfree
07-08-2007, 10:30 AM
Wow CFR Snufalupagous isn't biased at all....

The following is an OLD list of CFR/Trilateral Commission members who are in media.
Complete list here: http://www.apfn.org/apfn/cfr-members.htm

Also, have a look at this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

and this 2 min. video of Cheney addressing the CFR:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=412617264635445048

MEDIA:

CBS:
Laurence A. Tisch, CEO -- CFR
Roswell Gilpatric -- CFR
James Houghton -- CFR, TC
Henry Schacht -- CFR, TC
Dan Rather -- CFR
Richard Hottelet -- CFR
Frank Stanton -- CFR

NBC/RCA:
John F. Welch, CEO -- CFR
Jane Pfeiffer -- CFR
Lester Crystal -- CFR, TC
R.W. Sonnenfeidt -- CFR, TC
John Petty -- CFR
Tom Brokaw -- CFR
David Brinkley -- CFR
John Chancellor -- CFR
Marvin Kalb -- CFR
Irving R. Levine -- CFR
Herbert Schlosser -- CFR
Peter G. Peterson -- CFR
John Sawhill -- CFR

ABC:
Thomas S. Murphy, CEO -- CFR
Barbara Walters -- CFR
John Connor -- CFR
Diane Sawyer -- CFR
John Scall -- CFR

Public Broadcast Service:
Robert Mcneil -- CFR
Jim Lehrer -- CFR
C. Hunter-Gault -- CFR
Hodding Carter III -- CFR
Daniel Schorr -- CFR

Associated Press:
Stanley Swinton -- CFR
Harold Anderson -- CFR
Katharine Graham -- CFR, TC

Reuters:
Michael Posner -- CFR

Baltimore Sun:
Henry Trewhitt -- CFR

Washington Times:
Arnaud De Borchgrave -- CFR

Children's TV Workshop (Sesame Street):
Joan Ganz Cooney, Pres. -- CFR

Cable News Network:
W. Thomas Johnson, Pres. -- TC
Daniel Schorr -- CFR

U.S. News & World Report:
David Gergen -- TC

New York Times Co.:
Richard Gelb -- CFR
William Scranton -- CFR, TC
John F. Akers, Dir. -- CFR
Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., Dir. -- CFR
George B. Munroe, Dir. -- CFR
Donald M. Stewart, Dir. -- CFR
Cyrus R. Vance, Dir. -- CFR
A.M. Rosenthal -- CFR
Seymour Topping -- CFR
James Greenfield -- CFR
Max Frankel -- CFR
Jack Rosenthal -- CFR
John Oakes -- CFR
Harrison Salisbury -- CFR
H.L. Smith -- CFR
Steven Rattner -- CFR
Richard Burt -- CFR
Flora Lewis -- CFR

Time, Inc.:
Ralph Davidson -- CFR
Donal M. Wilson -- CFR
Henry Grunwald -- CFR
Alexander Heard -- CFR
Sol Linowitz -- CFR
Thomas Watson, Jr. -- CFR
Strobe Talbott -- CFR

Newsweek/Washington Post:
Katharine Graham -- CFR
N. Deb. Katzenbach -- CFR
Robert Christopher -- CFR
Osborne Elliot -- CFR
Phillip Geyelin -- CFR
Murry Marder -- CFR
Maynard Parker -- CFR
George Will -- CFR, TC
Robert Kaiser -- CFR
Meg Greenfield -- CFR
Walter Pincus -- CFR
Murray Gart -- CFR
Peter Osnos -- CFR
Don Oberdorfer -- CFR

Dow Jones & Co (Wall Street Journal):
Richard Wood -- CFR
Robert Bartley -- CFR, TC
Karen House -- CFR

National Review:
Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. -- CFR

Readers Digest:
George V. Grune, CEO -- CFR
William G. Bowen, Dir. -- CFR

Syndicated Columnists
Geogia Anne Geyer -- CFR
Ben J. Wattenberg -- CFR

Dary
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1407/755397034_4d00c5ba35.jpg

Oddball
07-08-2007, 11:42 AM

Savage calls him "Stepsonallofus" :D

BillyBeer
07-08-2007, 12:07 PM
Savage calls him "Stepsonallofus" :D

Well Savage cant talk. His real last name after all is WEINER. Very fitting for him.

winston84
07-08-2007, 12:40 PM
Yea he is an ass, he seemed so assured of himself that RP would not win. When I first heard George ask what is success, I immediately thought that was a stupid question. As RP or any self-respecting candidate would say, win! Good coverage though, nice introduction to his platform.

xcalybur
07-08-2007, 01:30 PM
Can we find out how much money he had in his pocket so that Ron Paul can collect on the bet when he wins?

1k9
07-08-2007, 01:42 PM
He's a democrat right? Maybe we should know whose pocket he'd take the money out of. :)

Oddball
07-08-2007, 01:51 PM
Well Savage cant talk. His real last name after all is WEINER. Very fitting for him.Yeah, but if you listen to him as though he's speaking through the Jewish guy in the barber shop, played by Eddie Murphy in Coming to America, he's really funny.

empirenine
07-08-2007, 02:26 PM
Maybe it was my mistake in the first place for giving George ANY respect, but I now have NONE.

ABC News just dropped even lower on my list too.

But as others have said, hopefully some of the viewers are smart enough to see through the bias and be interested in Ron Paul's message now.

axiomata
07-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Does anyone know how much we will have to raise to put into a fund to take on Stephanopolous' bet?

10thAmendmentMan
07-08-2007, 05:09 PM
I just popped in to think out loud. What would happen to Georgie if he told McCain that he had absolutely no chance at winning?

kylejack
07-08-2007, 05:11 PM
I just popped in to think out loud. What would happen to Georgie if he told McCain that he had absolutely no chance at winning?

Ed Failor would throw a hissy fit.

Badger Paul
07-08-2007, 05:23 PM
Other than that stupid "You're not going to win" statement, I thought it was a very good interview. And not just in terms of the words spoken but the visuals as well. There was Dr. Paul with Ronald Reagan. There was Dr. Paul holding a new born baby. There was Dr. Paul with his daughter who paid her own way through school (I didn't even know this).

Good weekend all around for the Paul camapign.

One thing to keep in mind, RP has beaten not one, but three incumbents for Congress. He's beaten the odds before.

amonasro
07-08-2007, 05:27 PM
This was a great interview, besides the discouraging final remark. Such a nice interview, probably lots of people liked the message... then "you're not gonna win." Ack. People aren't that stupid. I think it makes Stephan look WORSE in the long run.

kjdaugirdas
07-08-2007, 05:39 PM
THe interview was decent, but the closing deserves outrage. Here's what I wrote to ABC News (their email is thisweek@abcnews.go.com) :

Dear ABC News:

I watched "This Week" today, and have become disillusioned with the program. Is "This Week" suppposed to be an overview of the news hosted by George Stephanopolous, or "George's Take" on the news? If you hope to be regarded as a balanced and unbiased news source, I hope that it's the former.

I could not believe the tone of the interview with Congressman Ron Paul. The fact that Mr. Stephanopolous told Congressman Paul he will not be elected as President is astonishing. Is this an example of a "balanced overview" of the news, ABC style?

If Mr. Stephanopolous believes Ron Paul has no chance, then why interview him?

If Mr. Stephanopolous believes his own predictions about election outcomes are important enough mention on national TV, then he should not pretend to provide balanced coverage of the elections.

I hope that in the future Mr. Stephanopolous will think twice about voicing such opinions on television, especially in such media-sensitive matters as elections. Otherwise, I will have to stop watching your program.

Respectfully,

kylejack
07-08-2007, 07:07 PM
Sunday morning talk shows are OP-ED, not really journalism. As such, sometimes the hosts express opinions. The opinion that GS expressed is likely to be very common right now, and I don't think it was totally wrong of him to say what many must be thinking.

Put another way: Always be thankful when 2.66 million people get to hear a great presentation of the message and the legend of Ron Paul. Else you might kill the golden goose and they'll go back to ignoring us. You wouldn't want that, would you?

fluoridatedbrainsoup
07-08-2007, 09:10 PM
My dad just had a raging drunk and went on about how I always talk about Ron Paul and how Ron Paul doesn't have a mothafuckin chance in hell and that I somehow think he's stupid (I'm pretty sure my dad has an inferiority complex)
Needless to say, my dad hasn't watched any videos on Ron or really looked at any of the issues at all. My dad said Ron Paul did some good for the fishermen in Texas and that's about all he knows because he used to run shrimping business out of Tex.
I do believe that some people are so set in their ignorance that it would be too much an ego shock for them to admit not being fully informed or aware.
The interview was fantastic, but I hate the look on Stephanoalsdfd's face - the whole time he looked like he was gritting his teeth waiting to tear into Ron.
I am quite sure he would not approach Giuliani or Romney like this. The piece kind of seemed like a hit piece and I think would have been FAR WORSE if Ron wasn't so smooth and apparently used to dealing with dips like this.

CurtisLow
07-08-2007, 10:46 PM
Yeah, But Stephanopoulos does not know the outcome of the 2008 election and for him to say someone is not going to win, Well he should not put his own views in a interview. It should be up to the viewers to decide and not Stephanopoulos

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 11:03 PM
My dad just had a raging drunk and went on about how I always talk about Ron Paul and how Ron Paul doesn't have a mothafuckin chance in hell and that I somehow think he's stupid (I'm pretty sure my dad has an inferiority complex)

It sounds like he might be a bit jealous that you admire Dr. Paul so much. If he didn't feel so threatened (ie. felt reassured of his position with you), I'll bet he would be much more willing to listen to what Dr. Paul had to say. Just my thoughts...

joshdvm
07-09-2007, 03:58 PM
Anyone please either confirm this, or correct me if I'm wrong.

When Ron Paul asked “Do you want to bet every cent in your pocket?" I don't believe he was asking about wagering literally what he had "in his pocket" at that moment-- GS could have had $1.12 "in his pocket." What would be the point of risking that? I took it as meaning would GS be willing to wager his entire net worth on his assertion. This is the only way this makes sense, right?

jd603
07-09-2007, 04:44 PM
heh yes, of course thats what he meant. :)

Anyone please either confirm this, or correct me if I'm wrong.

When Ron Paul asked “Do you want to bet every cent in your pocket?" I don't believe he was asking about wagering literally what he had "in his pocket" at that moment-- GS could have had $1.12 "in his pocket." What would be the point of risking that? I took it as meaning would GS be willing to wager his entire net worth on his assertion. This is the only way this makes sense, right?

Giuliani was there on 911
07-09-2007, 04:57 PM
We need to send that piece of shit Stephanopolous some hate mail

joshdvm
07-09-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks, JD. I thought it was pretty obvious myself, but just wanted to check.

ThePieSwindler
07-09-2007, 05:43 PM
We need to send that piece of shit Stephanopolous some hate mail

No, we don't. That will only make us look terrible. Thank him for the interview, and say that Ron Paul's support is strong and he has a chance to really surprise.

cjhowe
07-09-2007, 05:51 PM
That statement was entirely in GS style. Watch the interview again. It was actually a softball statement that GS made originally to draw out more information. It was a softball because it was drawing information that RP has successfully given on several occasions (Bill Maher, Tucker Carlson, etc). RP muffed the snap but recovered nicely. It was a good interview. Instead of sending hate mail, we should be thanking ABC for letting RP have an audience to his message.

paulitics
07-09-2007, 06:02 PM
That statement was entirely in GS style. Watch the interview again. It was actually a softball statement that GS made originally to draw out more information. It was a softball because it was drawing information that RP has successfully given on several occasions (Bill Maher, Tucker Carlson, etc). RP muffed the snap but recovered nicely. It was a good interview. Instead of sending hate mail, we should be thanking ABC for letting RP have an audience to his message.

I agree. This one was overall positive. He got to elaborate blowback, and it portayed Giuliani as uneducated. That alone was worth it.