PDA

View Full Version : URGENT - SIGN BOMB Dec. 27th, 2007

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 02:03 AM
The sign bomb idea is great, I just found out about it...we need to get the word out to everyone, all Ron Paul supporters

http://www.signbombforronpaul.com/

We're trying to cover the entire US with Ron Paul signs

"Please help us cover the neighborhood in a nationwide sign bomb
day on December 27th, 2007. Show your support for Ron Paul and
help us get his name out there by placing yard signs everywhere. If
you don't have any of the official yard signs, make your own!

If we can't get great media attention by raising over $6 million
dollars in one day, we have to go after the local attention
nationwide."

NerveShocker
12-20-2007, 02:26 AM
Good idea.. it's not hard to reach a lot of people. We've reached people online and have enough online to reach more.. we need more off line projects such as this.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 02:28 AM
yeah if this idea works, we'll get the word out a lot faster, it's a shame we only have 7 days to get 10,000 pledges

FreedomPlz
12-20-2007, 02:45 AM
This is an excellent idea, I'm in.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 02:50 AM
We need to get this out to everyone ASAP

libertyfilms
12-20-2007, 03:26 AM
This is a brilliant idea as everyone will be done with their post Christmas shopping on Dec. 26th and will have time again to devote to spreading the message that Dr. Paul brings of prosperity, liberty, and peace.

Please get the word out and support this sign bomb as it requires no money just a few moments of your time.

The time is now for all Ron Paul supporters to put the pedal to the metal and get our boots on the ground as the early Iowa caucus and NH primary approaches.

Away from the keyboard and on to the streets for the Ron Paul rEVOLution!

Let it be heard from wide and far that we did not let tyranny stand, but took our country back!

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 03:53 AM
Yeah we just need this to get a lot more attention than it's getting right now

libertyfilms
12-20-2007, 04:02 AM
Yeah we just need this to get a lot more attention than it's getting right now

Exactly, it is a brand new project, but lets coordinate and reach out to the meet-up leadership across the country and the top videomakers on youtube and we can get this ball rolling...

Stand up and be counted for Dr. Paul and his message come hell or high water on Dec. 27th!

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 04:17 AM
Yeah I have to keep posting links everywhere to get this out...the web site maker said he's going to update the site soon

defcreative
12-20-2007, 04:41 AM
We need to consolidate on one site.

I volunteered to do a professional site using a domain name I registered: TheBannerBomb.com
No one seemed to be interested though.

There is also another site that someone else put up at signbomb08.com.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 04:51 AM
We need to consolidate on one site.

I volunteered to do a professional site using a domain name I registered: TheBannerBomb.com
No one seemed to be interested though.

There is also another site that someone else put up at signbomb08.com.

Yeah, we need to stick to one site otherwise it's pointless....

So I'm just sticking to the same one http://www.signbombforronpaul.com/ since it also lists the areas covered not just the number of signs

defcreative
12-20-2007, 04:53 AM
Yeah, we need to stick to one site otherwise it's pointless....

So I'm just sticking to the same one http://www.signbombforronpaul.com/

Personally I'd go with signbomb08.com because:

1) It has a shorter (and IMO superior) domain name

2) It already has a few thousand pledges

With that said though, we need the date changed to before Feb 4th, because it currently has the date as the 7th, which is silly because it will miss some of the early voting. I think the 2nd would be great.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 04:55 AM
Personally I'd go with signbomb08.com because:

1) It has a shorter (and IMO superior) domain name

2) It already has a few thousand pledges

With that said though, we need the date changed to before Feb 4th, because it currently has the date as the 7th, which is silly because it will miss some of the early voting. I think the 2nd would be great.

Yeah but signbomb08.com is measured by the number of signs not the area...the web site maker of http://www.signbombforronpaul.com/ said he's going to update it with a map

rfbz
12-20-2007, 05:15 AM
might be useful to offer some info to people on that site for those who need signs

thehighwaymanq
12-20-2007, 06:22 AM
I'm in.

Bump!

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
He just updated the site so you can view a map of areas pledged

libertyfilms
12-20-2007, 08:10 PM
Bump!

whutaboutbob
12-20-2007, 08:12 PM
I am in..

hoop2077
12-20-2007, 08:59 PM
This sign bomb is for December 27th. The only one taking place before the Iowa caucuses on January 3rd.

Thanks!
Hoop2077 - http://www.signbombforronpaul.com/

hoop2077
12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
I'm looking for some info now on where to get the signs locally.

Hoop2077

mleclerc
12-20-2007, 09:12 PM
Call the Ron Paul campaign headquarters in your state to see if they have a supply of signs for you to place. In New Hampshire, there are many volunteers delivering yard signs to people who have sent requests in via the post card mailers.

Today, I saw Ron Paul signs placed on EVERY overpass between Manchester and Epping, IN BOTH DIRECTIONS!

Every other campaign's signs have been getting buried in the snow and they don't have the grassroots amry out there to recover like we do... let's bury them!

itsnobody
12-21-2007, 01:25 AM
bump

we need to get this out to ALL a lot of people love the idea

hoop2077
12-21-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm not sure how easy it will be to get locations that have the signs... So please start making your own now!!!

Thanks,
hoop2077

itsnobody
12-22-2007, 12:07 AM
bump...we need to cover the entire US...right now there's a gap in the middle

RONPAULGEORGEANDRINGO
12-22-2007, 10:20 AM
This was posted to my meetup group recently:

"This is a collection of PDFs I made to get the word out about Ron Paul. These are intended to be stuck to stoplight poles at intersections. The best way to attach them is with spray adhesive. Guerrilla advertising - do it at your own risk!"

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/177/

Scroll down the page about halfway. You will see a pdf zip file (named rp_signs.zip) that you can download (or the direct link is http://files.meetup.com/514153/rp_signs.zip).

These are 8.5 x 11-sized mini signs that are intended to be stuck up on traffic light poles around your city. Every municipality is different, so you may want to check with your local zoning authorities. Where I live in Peoria, Illinois, people are allowed to post flyers on light poles all over the city for things like garage sales, concerts, lost pets, fish frys, etc... I don't expect to be harassed by police for posting them, but then again, I might get tazed. You never know these days...

Here's another great 8.5 x 11 mini poster (you will have to enlarge this image on a photo copier to make it big enough to fill the page):

http://420moneybong.com/sitebuilder/images/WARISOVER-400x600.jpg

Feel free to copy and distribute far and wide!!! It may be a lot easier to post these smaller 8.5 x 11 mini posters for the sign bombs. I think each one would still count as a sign, and they look a lot better than some of the DIY painted signs I've seen. The whole point is to get Ron Paul's name out there - because the media is not telling people about our candidate. That's where we come in... I challenge each and every one of you all to make multiple copies of these 8.5 x 11 signs and post them all over your cities, towns, villages, etc... It's easy to do - and cheap! All you need are photo-copies and a tape gun (or spray glue). It's a great way to spread the rEVOLution!

hoop2077
12-22-2007, 10:44 PM
I think that is a good idea except for the fact that people driving by won't be able to read the website at the bottom. I think it is too tiny, and I don't think "War Is Over!" by itself will send a Ron Paul message. I dunno, maybe my telephone poles are farther from the road than yours. Being winter time, I think even less people would be out walking, so not many walkers would see them either.

Thanks,
Hoop2077

RONPAULGEORGEANDRINGO
12-23-2007, 06:56 AM
I think that is a good idea except for the fact that people driving by won't be able to read the website at the bottom. I think it is too tiny, and I don't think "War Is Over!" by itself will send a Ron Paul message. I dunno, maybe my telephone poles are farther from the road than yours. Being winter time, I think even less people would be out walking, so not many walkers would see them either.

Thanks,
Hoop2077

Agreed, the text is small, but it's a take-off on the John & Yoko sign:

http://www.waxingamerica.com/images/johnyokowarisover.jpg

I think if people look and see the "War Is Over" message, they will look that much harder to see the URL at the bottom (just to see what it says). If you're posting another 8.5 x 11 RP sign on the same stoplight pole, this would make a perfect compliment to the first sign. Maybe put the more prominent RP sign at the top, and post the War Is Over sign right below it? By the way, I'm talking about stoplight poles, not telephone poles. There are four of them at all major intersections. When people are stopped, or driving slowly past the pole, they will be able to read the graphics (the "War Is Over" graphic needs to be enlarged on a photo copier). The other pdf files I posted are nice and bold, ready to print (no need to enlarge like the "War Is Over" graphic), and can easily be seen from a distance. If you haven't looked at those yet, I recommend checking them out. They feature nice, short, succinct Ron Paul messages, with bold, easy to read fonts. Those are already up in my town. Imagine hundreds/thousands of these all over your city at every intersection. People will notice. It's an easy project that all Meetup groups could do. If every Meetup member posted just 25 of these small signs, they would be EVERYWHERE. I suggest making your own 8.5 x 11 signs if you want to get a different message out there. Even simple ones would be effective (things like "Who is Ron Paul?" and "GOOGLE RON PAUL"). For those not willing to paint their own DIY signs (which, admit it, sometimes look like 3rd grade art projects), this is an easy way to blast Ron Paul's name out there in your community. I think we're all in agreement that the mainstream media has a bit of a bias against our candidate, and he isn't getting the press he deserves. That's why it's important for us to get Ron Paul's name out there. When people see these signs on stoplight poles (especially if they see hundreds of them everywhere, every day), hopefully they'll be curious enough to google Ron Paul. Then we let Ron Paul sell Ron Paul...

itsnobody
12-24-2007, 02:04 AM
*Bump*

Come on we need more pledges

alienpyro
12-24-2007, 02:20 AM
deliver and post your signs in a wrapped car for maximum Ron Paul Exposure..... All these ideas are great ideas.... keep um going all the way to the white house.....

itsnobody
12-24-2007, 05:55 AM
bump