PDA

View Full Version : Colbert Endorsement?

robskicks
12-20-2007, 01:43 AM
Have we been trying to get his endorsement when they come back from the strike?

xexkxex
12-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Have we been trying to get his endorsement when they come back from the strike?

Nope ...strike is still going on. But the late night talk shows will be back on at the beginning on January. (Jay Leno, Conan, Letterman)

They will not have a writing staff, so the shows will be very different....

We should definitely be trying to get him on those when they start to air.

nist7
12-20-2007, 01:48 AM
A colbert endorsement would really inject a boatload of young people in. His facebook group reached 1 million easy.....

Hope
12-20-2007, 01:48 AM
It's amazing to me that people still don't understand that his conservative persona is an act. He's parodying what he sees as the embodiment of conservatism, e.g. obnoxious pundits like Bill O'Reilly. It's satire. It's not real. He probably likes Ron Paul more than the other Republicans running, but only because he is liberal and like many liberals he likes Ron Paul for two reasons: He's against the Iraq War and the very mention of his name manifests sandcrabs in the crotches of many well known conservaties like Sean Hannity.

brumans
12-20-2007, 01:50 AM
He has a political-based show so I doubt he is going to endorse anybody.

shagywashere
12-20-2007, 01:52 AM
It's amazing to me that people still don't understand that his conservative persona is an act. He's parodying what he sees as the embodiment of conservatism, e.g. obnoxious pundits like Bill O'Reilly. It's satire. It's not real. He probably likes Ron Paul more than the other Republicans running, but only because he is liberal and like many liberals he likes Ron Paul for two reasons: He's against the Iraq War and the very mention of his name manifests sandcrabs in the crotches of many well known conservaties like Sean Hannity.

Calm down buddy. He's actually pretty LIbertarian. More like a left-leaning Libertarian. He has said this on his show, and I'm pretty positive he wasn't joking.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 01:56 AM
yeah we need more major endorsements

Dequeant
12-20-2007, 02:08 AM
I do think it would be pretty sweet for Colbert to challenge chuck norris, lol.

Hope
12-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Colbert has definitively said he's a Democrat. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/10/09/AR2005100901551.html

In reference to Republicans, he said in an interview with the Harvard Institute of Politics, "I have no problems with Republicans, just Republican policies." http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=5550134133036374310

There's no question that we need more endorsements. But let's focus on the people who we know truly identify with RP's platform.