PDA

View Full Version : Welcome Tancredo Supporters!

Matt Collins
12-20-2007, 01:33 AM
If you are coming over from the Tancredo camp, we welcome you here to the family of Ron Paul supporters.

You will find VERY diverse people here. Conservatives, liberals, Democrats, Republicans, independents, libertarians, Constitutionalists, anarchists, but we all have one thing in common: we all love liberty and know that Ron Paul will do his best as President to preserve the liberty guaranteed to us by the United States Constitution.

Since many of you were behind Tancredo because of his stance on illegal immigration and protecting our border, fear not, Ron Paul is equally passionate too. If this is indeed your specific voting issue, you should read Ron's original writings on the subject here: http://ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=5

And even if border security/illegal immigration is not your key issue, then you should consider checking out this site http://ronpaullibrary.org/ to familiarize yourself with Ron Paul and his positions.

In fact, I challenge you to be able to find that amount of original writings by any other candidate in the race; you will not. One thing you will notice while you research Ron and his positions is that he is consistent over the years in his message of freedom, liberty, and limited government.

A few other items about Dr. Paul you will want to see:

http://youtube.com/ronpaul2008dotcom

And if you would like to become active in helping Ron win the GOP nomination so that he can help us to restore the US Constitution, you need to join a local meetup group of fellow Ron Paul supporters: http://ronpaul.meetup.com

Welcome aboard and God Bless America!

Perry
12-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Great idea! We've been waiting for you.:)

Midnight77
12-20-2007, 01:35 AM
Cheers. We have plenty of room for you fine people. Come on in and let's work together to put an end to the corruption in this country.

Grandson of Liberty
12-20-2007, 01:36 AM
excellent post! Welcome indeed!

Hope
12-20-2007, 01:37 AM
Tancredo is an awesome guy, I would have supported him if not for Ron Paul. It's no surprise to me that they are good friends and have stood side by side on so many issues over the years.

xexkxex
12-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Yes...Welcome! Pull up a chair....things are about to get interesting...:D

Patrick_Henry
12-20-2007, 01:38 AM
Whenever Ron Paul was excluded from an internet poll I voted Tancredo!

Antonius Stone
12-20-2007, 01:39 AM
I would like to say this:

I'm not sure what specific policy Dr. Paul is going to pursue, but I feel it is time to bring home the troops we have stationed in South Korea, Japan and Germany. All three of these countries have been our allies for 60+ years and are economically powerful enough to raise their own armies and defend themselves. Bringing these troops home would probably cut the cost of supplying and maintaining them in half.
Furthermore, our troop numbers in these three countries adds up to nearly 200,000+ soldiers! I would station these troops in the American southwest and have them start working on building the Border Fence (wheres the Army Corps of Engineers when you need them?) complete with gates and turnstyles so that we can document people that enter this country.

remember, Immigration is not the problem. Illegal, undocumented immigration is!

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 01:41 AM
Welcome Tancredo Heads! We MUST secure the border! I know we probably have differences on the war, but we must put aside our differences in the name of FREEDOM! Ron Paul, like Tancredo, is serious about stopping the runaway spending in Washington! He condemned both the Democrats and the Republicans today for spending way too much! Paul said, "We're going broke!" Because somebody needs to say it! Ron Paul...Before it's too late! KABOOM!!!!!!!

Think12345
12-20-2007, 01:45 AM
bump

quantized
12-20-2007, 01:45 AM
Whenever Ron Paul was excluded from an internet poll I voted Tancredo!

LOL.

JAALIUS
12-20-2007, 01:47 AM
Ron Paul's endorsement of Tancredo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpUKcBAQ_4Y

forward to 05:05

Time for Pay Back!

RPFTW!
12-20-2007, 01:50 AM
Tancredo is my congressman and I think he is a good guy. Welcome all Tancredo supporters!

Matthew Zak
12-20-2007, 01:54 AM
I'm sorry to hear your man dropped from the race. I would be devastated if that happened to Ron Paul. But at least you guys can come join our pack, which is against special interests, the status quo, and illegal immigration. :)

corsairtro
12-20-2007, 01:56 AM
blimp

V4Vendetta
12-20-2007, 02:10 AM
Blump!

Gtex
12-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Welcome indeed!

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 02:20 AM
With your help, I believe we have more of a chance to take Iowa than ever before.

Welcome

kushaze
12-20-2007, 02:22 AM
Tancredo has a lot of great ideas

drexhex
12-20-2007, 02:40 AM
And please feel free to check out videos of Ron Paul talking on his stances at www.RonPaulStances.com . Once you really listen to him, you'll like him!

Castrensis
12-20-2007, 02:48 AM
Welcome Tancredo Supporters! We'll keep the light on for ya.

ursamajor
12-20-2007, 03:10 AM
here, here! oust the mountebanks! (ron paul said this in an email to us not long ago, in case you hear it around).

EvilEngineer
12-20-2007, 03:51 AM
Has the official word been released? Didn't know if the press conference had already happened or not.

rwl4
12-20-2007, 04:03 AM
Somebody should register a domain and point it at this post, then somebody should create videos just for the Tancredo supporters. :)

free.alive
12-20-2007, 04:37 AM
Welcome!

Coola
12-20-2007, 04:38 AM
Thank you all. :)

TheNewYorker
12-20-2007, 04:39 AM
So has any 1-post people posted here yet? I don't see any.

jjschless
12-20-2007, 04:41 AM
Make yourselves at home, you're among friends. :)

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 04:43 AM
LOLOLOLOL,

Are we just talking to thin air,,

I want to hear and read about a Tancredo supporter post here.

I'm betting 15 pages before we get a legit supporter who has switched..

anyone fathome a guess.

by the way WELCOME AGAIN if you are a Tancrodos and are interested in Ron Paul,, he is the man

mokkan88
12-20-2007, 04:45 AM
Coola is a Tancredo supporter, I believe. :)

literatim
12-20-2007, 04:48 AM
Thank you all. :)

Welcome. :)

JoeySweets
12-20-2007, 04:49 AM
Coola is a Tancredo supporter, I believe. :)

true but he didn't just come here today looking for a new canidate,,,

ronpaulfollower999
12-20-2007, 05:08 AM
Great thread.

Chibioz
12-20-2007, 05:22 AM
Welcome! We are a big happy camp, laying out the welcome mat well in advance haha.

robpriv
12-20-2007, 07:38 AM
Are you guys jumping the gun? I heard Tancredo is going to endorse Thompson.

orion846
12-20-2007, 07:47 AM
yes, i think they are

Falseflagop
12-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Welcome Tancredo supporters!

shadow26
12-20-2007, 07:49 AM
Are you guys jumping the gun? I heard Tancredo is going to endorse Thompson.

That is probably the case; but how many of his supporters will actually support Thompson? I have also seen on other forums that Tancerdo is after a Senate seat. Suits me fine...wouldn't mind seeing him in the Senate...not at all.

RPFTW!
12-20-2007, 07:51 AM
Come out come out wherever you are!

Keith
12-20-2007, 07:53 AM
Welcome!

Stealth4
12-20-2007, 08:10 AM
If we can divide up thse bills and digg into them, find out why paul voted against the first set, which were immigration enforcement bills, and for the second set which did other things, like increase visas we can get more support from anti-immigration folks.

Please dont reply if your going to put the canned "he doesnt vote for bills with pork or unconstitutional legislation" We need to prove in each case that the legislation was unconsitutional and document it or find out why he voted the way he did and document it.

The For Votes (I'll perhaps post the other set later): I cant research these all myself. Show me you guys can do good work.

Quote:
Voted against an amendment to reduce funding for the visa waver program.

Rep. Paul voted against the first Tancredo amendment to HR 2638, which would prohibit funding from HR 2638 from being used to fund the visa waver program. This amendment failed 76-347.

Quote:
Voted on House floor against amendment to increase security with border fence in 2005

Rep. Paul voted against the Hunter Amendment to H.R. 4437, the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005. The Hunter Amendment would shore up security by building fences and other physical infrastructure to keep out illegal aliens. Specifically, it mandates the construction of specific security fencing, including lights and cameras, along the Southwest border for the purposes of gaining operational control of the border. As well, it includes a requirement for the Secretary of Homeland Security to conduct a study on the use of physical barriers along the Northern border. The Hunter Amendment passed by a vote of 260-159.

Quote:
Voted against amendment to fund program to deny driver's licenses to illegal aliens in 2005

Rep. Paul voted against the Obey amendment ( H. Amdt. 144) to H.R. 2360, the Department of Homeland Security Appropriations bill. The Obey amendment provided $100 million to fund grants under the REAL ID Act to assist States in conforming with minimum drivers’ license standards. The Obey amendment passed by a vote of 226-198.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2005

Rep. Paul voted against the H. Amdt. 206 to H.R. 1815. The amendment authorizes the Secretary of Defense to assign members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Bureau of Border Security and U.S. Customs Service of the Department of Homeland Security on preventing the entry of terrorists, drug traffickers, and illegal aliens into the United States The amendment, sponsored by Rep. Goode of Virginia, passed the House by a vote of 245-184.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control functions in 2004

Rep. Paul voted against the Goode Amendment to H.R. 4200, to authorize the Secretary of Defense to assign members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Department of Homeland Security in the performance of border control functions. The Goode Amendment passed the House by a vote of 231-191.

Quote:
Voted against using the military to assist in border control functions in 2003

Rep. Paul voted AGAINST the Goode Amendment to H.R. 1588, to authorize members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Department of Homeland Security in the performance of border control functions. The Goode Amendment passed the House by a vote of 250-179.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of the military to assist in border control efforts in 2002

Rep. Paul voted against H. Amdt. 479 to H.R. 4546, the Department of Defense Authorization bill. The amendment authorized the Secretary of Defense to assign members of the military, under certain circumstances, to assist the Bureau of Border Security and U.S. Customs Service of the Department of Homeland Security on preventing the entry of terrorists, drug traffickers, and illegal aliens into the United States The amendment, sponsored by Rep. Goode of Virginia, passed the House by a vote of 232-183.

Quote:
Voted AGAINST authorizing troops on the border in 2001.

Rep. Paul voted not to enforce the border by voting AGAINST the Traficant amendment to HR 2586. This amendment authorized the Attorney General and the Secretary of the Treasury, to request that members of the Armed Forces assist the INS with border control duties. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 242 to 173, but this measure was never considered by the Senate.

Quote:
Voted in 2000 against authorizing troops on the border.

Rep. Paul voted AGAINST enforcing the border by opposing the Traficant amendment to H.R.4205. This amendment authorizes the Secretary of Defense to assign, under certain circumstances, members of the Armed Forces to assist the INS with border control duties. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 243 to 183, but the Clinton Administration never chose to exercise this power.

Quote:
Voted against authorizing the use of troops on the border in 1999

Rep. Paul voted against the Trafficant Amendment to H.R. 1401. This amendment authorized the Secretary of Defense, under certain circumstances, to assign members of the Armed Forces to assist the Border Patrol and Customs Service only in drug interdiction and counter terrorism activities along our borders. The Traficant amendment passed by a vote of 242 to 181.

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 08:19 AM
Does Tancredo even have a message board? How can we get in touch with these people.

zahirakids
12-20-2007, 08:33 AM
bump

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 08:40 AM
If Paul is friendly with Tancredo, he needs to get in touch with him immediately and ask for his endorsement. Because you know he'll be getting a call from Thompson.

However, I think Tancredo may WANT to endorse Paul, but probably doesn't want to rub the establishment the wrong way so that he is "electable" in the future. So there is a good chance that he will endorse an establishment candidate.

shasshas
12-20-2007, 08:43 AM
go Tancy baby goo !

Todd
12-20-2007, 08:49 AM
This may be his forum...

http://www.topix.com/forum/us-house/thomas-tancredo

Seanmc30
12-20-2007, 09:00 AM
bump.......and welcome!

Seth M.
12-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Anyone know the number to his campaign office... NOT congressional but presidential campaign office?

Ill call.

partypooper
12-20-2007, 09:08 AM
not to be overly negative, but i don't see any tancredo supporters.

Todd
12-20-2007, 09:10 AM
Has the official word been released? Didn't know if the press conference had already happened or not.

I think it's tomorrow.

InfantryNCO
12-20-2007, 10:46 AM
bump

Todd
12-20-2007, 11:11 AM
Hey an Infantry NCO!

K1RBY
12-20-2007, 11:51 AM
*crickets chirping*

davidkachel
12-20-2007, 11:55 AM
Give 'em time guys. If RP dropped out of the race (fat chance!), wouldn't you be depressed for at least a couple of weeks and not want anything to do with politics for a while?

Apparently Tancredo was a good guy; all the more reason for wanting to withdraw for a while.

jason43
12-20-2007, 11:56 AM
I just wrote a letter to all the people who were on Tancredo's Meetup groups (there were only a dozen or so)

If you are concerned about the immigration issue and about the size and scope of the federal government, I encourage you to join a Ron Paul meetup. We are active and support Tancredo's position on this important issue. Since he is dropping out of the race, it is important that you choose a strong voice for change in Washington to support.

You can read Ron Pauls views on immigration and other issues by going to the following site and also by joining the Ron Paul meetup group in your area.

http://ronpaullibrary.org/topic.php?id=5

Thanks for your time.

Jason

~We need to reach out to these people and point out what we have in common with them rather than what we don't agree on.

jason43
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
I was also an infantry guy, although I got out in 2001 before all this madness started...

Why is the sky Blue?

Because God loves the infantry!!!

Bradley in DC
12-20-2007, 11:58 AM
Open arms here. Come on in and make yourselves at home. :)

nathanmn
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Tancredo is an awesome guy, I would have supported him if not for Ron Paul. It's no surprise to me that they are good friends and have stood side by side on so many issues over the years.

He is my second favorite going for the nomination. He cares about America and Americans. He isn't a big politics player. That is why I'm hopeful that he will endorse Ron Paul.

Pauliana
12-20-2007, 12:03 PM
Welcome to the tent! There's room for both of you!

;)

QuesoPantera
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
LOLOLOLOL,

I'm betting 15 pages before we get a legit supporter who has switched..

anyone fathome a guess.

by the way WELCOME AGAIN if you are a Tancrodos and are interested in Ron Paul,, he is the man

Put me down for 17. Loser has to donate! :D

GHoeberX
12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
I don't think we'll see one here to be honest :/

Ridiculous
12-20-2007, 12:46 PM
edit: Sorry wrong thread.

ProBlue33
12-20-2007, 02:21 PM
If you are one of those 1% in America, we welcome you, every primary vote is important. Where will you put your primary vote now?

Kingfisher
12-20-2007, 02:31 PM
Welcome, Tancredo would have been my second choice, If not for his stance on Iraq

Ron Paul Fan
12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Tancredo supporters, your candidate has sold his soul today in exchange for a potential position in Mitt Romney's cabinet. I hope that you will have more integrity than your candidate and instead support the man who truly believes in securing the borders and does NOT change his positions depending on what office he's running for. That man is Ron Paul. Not Mitt Romney. It's up to you to make sure that Romney doesn't get into the White House. Please join the Ron Paul Revolution and let's secure our borders, stop illegal immigration, and defend this country.

videogeek
12-20-2007, 03:04 PM

Fine with me, Tancredo has a draconian stance on immigration, and frankly - it's not RP's strong suit either. Better to pull in the Giuliani supporters when his campaign implodes.

Kingfisher
12-20-2007, 03:07 PM
Blip

dsentell
12-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Welcome, Tancredo Supporters!

You and I have a lot in common because I, too, love Tom and was an Tancredo supporter! It's just that when I heard the message of Dr. Paul, I felt excitement and hope that I had never experienced before!

Get to know us -- Get to know Dr. Paul. I think you'll feel it too!

ThePieSwindler
12-20-2007, 03:22 PM

Fine with me, Tancredo has a draconian stance on immigration, and frankly - it's not RP's strong suit either. Better to pull in the Giuliani supporters when his campaign implodes.

You mean, the stance that thinks we should enforce the law, but otherwise get rid of the incentives - ones that suck whether they attract illegals or not? You mean his stance that admits illegal immigrants are mostly scapegoats, and though he does want to secure the borders, he doesnt want a border fence and doesnt want to round illegals up? I tihnk his position is very moderate libertarian - get rid of the source - the welfare state, and then illegal immigration wont really matter that much. Sure, we will want to secure our borders, but it doesnt mean we want to militarize or wall it up.

Wide open borders are a libertarian wet dream that doesnt really work in the real world until things like the welfare state are dealt with, so that we are not stuck with the burden of supporting the increasing millions who enter. But thats such a huge monstrosity, that at the very leasst we need to secure the borders. Not a border fence, just enforce the law like we always have.

As far as Tancredo supporters go, i dont think we'll pull very many in on here...

videogeek
12-20-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree with getting rid of the incentives like welfare, but not ending birthright citizenship. I also disagree that there is a point where there are too many immigrants. I think if you are willing to come to the U.S. and work and contribute, you should be welcomed. That's how our country was built. Obviously we should show no group favoritism in this respect. People from China should be as welcome as those from Mexico. We should be striving to allow as much legal immigration as possible.

Beyond all of that however, the REAL solution lies in putting pressure on the corrupt Mexican and Latin American regimes to institute real market reforms, so that the Latin underclass has more incentive to stay at home in the first place.

It's just one of a couple areas where I lean more libertarian, and Ron Paul leans more conservative, that's all.

phree
12-20-2007, 03:58 PM
Tancredo supporters, your candidate has sold his soul today in exchange for a potential position in Mitt Romney's cabinet. I hope that you will have more integrity than your candidate and instead support the man who truly believes in securing the borders and does NOT change his positions depending on what office he's running for. That man is Ron Paul. Not Mitt Romney. It's up to you to make sure that Romney doesn't get into the White House. Please join the Ron Paul Revolution and let's secure our borders, stop illegal immigration, and defend this country.

Wow, that should win 'em over.

Brian4Liberty
12-20-2007, 04:06 PM
I also disagree that there is a point where there are too many immigrants.
We should be striving to allow as much legal immigration as possible.

Ah yes, the Human Pyramid scheme...more taxpayers to pay for entitlements...

No point where there are too many immigrants? One million per year? 10 million?

When do you want to stop? When the population of the US hits 1 billion? 10 Billion? How far do you want to go?

No worries, Mother Nature will eventually step in, as we humans seem to have the same amount of common sense as yeast in a sealed bottle of grape juice.

IowaSupport
12-20-2007, 04:23 PM
It would seem that an economic approach to this question would be the best answer, judging by the forums that we're on.

I'd say that too much would be anything above where the supply of good jobs and places to live etc. and the demand for these things meet.

Gimpster
12-20-2007, 04:27 PM
I took a peek over at ALIPAC, and it looks like a good portion of Tancredo supporters will be supporting Romney.

wstrucke
12-20-2007, 05:05 PM
I took a peek over at ALIPAC, and it looks like a good portion of Tancredo supporters will be supporting Romney.

what is ALIPAC?

justatrey
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
Did you guys just catch Tancredo's interview on TUCKER?

Tucker said Ron Paul is the candidate most similar to Tancredo. Tancredo also said he likes Ron Paul very much, and meets with him regularly (every week? someone help me here don't remember exact words...). He said the one thing they don't agree on is fighting extreme Islamists. Tucker agreed that this was one of Paul's only weaknesses.

JustAnotherV
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
I don't know how many Tancredo supporters are either looking or joining, but if you are, hello to you. I noticed in some debates that Tancredo made a point about talking about the role of fereral government and sounded similar to Paul. We are al for limited government here, and Ron also has a strong yet rational and humane stance of immigration, probably better than Romney, anyway.

libertygrl
12-20-2007, 05:35 PM
what is ALIPAC?

Americans For Legal Immigration - http://www.alipac.us

I've been active on their forums for about 2 years now. I enjoy it because overall, the people there are pretty informed about issues and even if you don't always agree with one another, things don't get quite as out of hand as they do in some other forums.

They have grown to be quite a force, especially in defeating those Amnesty bills. I believe the majority are conservative but there are also some independents. There are some Paul supporters there, Hunter and Tancredo fans as well. There are a few who are open minded but there are others who are still brainwashed about our war in Iraq.

Gimpster is right. It's crazy but those who were supporting Tancredo, are now jumping over to Romney. They respect Tancredo so much, that they are willing to follow along with his endorsment. I'm very disappointed in Tancredo. Romney is a fraud and another rich laywer globalist. I'm trying to point out the overall picture to them. But I'm afraid they still don't believe Ron Paul is tough enough on illegal immigration.

rasheedwallace
12-20-2007, 05:44 PM
Wow, that should win 'em over.

lol, his responses are usually entertaining.

nc4rp
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
Tancredo endorsed Romney?? as someone mentioned, Mitt must have promised him a position in his cabinet. Tancredo must beleive the "censored media".

You gotta admit having control of the media outlets puts the Fed interests in a strong position.

Unfortunately for the Fed and Mitt, the RP Revolution got this far WITHOUT the media attention, and we are still going stronger and stronger which creates even more bewildered interest in the grassroots effort.

videogeek
12-20-2007, 06:38 PM
No point where there are too many immigrants?

Unless you can show me an American who isn't the descendant of immigrants, that's correct. I realize that I'm leaning pretty far to the libertarian/anarcho-capitalist perspective here, and I'm willing to take my licks - I'm just not buying the whole brown peril angle, which Tancredo disgustingly played into, IMO. Talk of fences and walls and kicking people out is pandering... more concrete solutions lie in addressing the corruption and market problems south of our borders. Cut the artificial incentives, cut the favored status immigrants from our closest neighbors get by default, thoroughly check people out when they enter - all of these things I can get behind 100%. But if the government exists as a result of individuals and not the other way around, then eventually you have to say the same thing about the relationship between individuals and the borders they construct. Not everyone will agree, and that's fine... we have bigger issues on the table that need attention AND that (true/paleo) conservatives and libertarians can agree on: putting an end to Bush's disastrous pre-emptive doctrine, ending the redistribution of wealth, stopping the government's endless experiments in social engineering, ensuring true freedom of speech, association, and commerce, and restoring a commodity based currency.

Cheers...

Thom1776
12-20-2007, 07:13 PM
Uh, guys? It doesn't look like any Tancredo supporters are coming. I think they all went to Romney's place.

All -% of them.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Greetings and Salutations!

parke
12-20-2007, 08:20 PM
Nice to meet cha'. Alot of smart, nice and awesome people over here too.

Virginia Libertarian
12-21-2007, 12:14 AM
Uh, guys? It doesn't look like any Tancredo supporters are coming. I think they all went to Romney's place.

All -% of them.

Yea I was about to say the same...

How active was Tancredo's forum?

nbhadja
12-21-2007, 02:53 AM
Yea I was about to say the same...

How active was Tancredo's forum?

It was basically dead. Any votes gained from Tancredo supporters won't be seen until voting day.

rezster
12-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Tancredo is a tool, at one time I had respect for the man.

His support went to Romney...never forget this.

Pharoah
12-21-2007, 08:17 AM
I wonder if we're seeing through the Matrix here - maybe the other candidates don't have any unpaid supporters...

purplechoe
12-21-2007, 09:11 AM
I wonder if we're seeing through the Matrix here - maybe the other candidates don't have any unpaid supporters...

There is no spoon.

Rob
12-21-2007, 09:14 AM
*crickets still chirping*

Hint, hint, I don't think they're here.

fcnz
12-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Wow.... Tancredo endorsed Romney... With that kind of judgement it's a good thing he won't be elected.

maeqFREEDOMfree
12-21-2007, 10:17 AM
tancredo backs romney...? article (http://www.usnews.com/usnews/politics/bulletin/bulletin_071221.htm)

how disappointing

Brian4Liberty
12-21-2007, 01:21 PM
No point where there are too many immigrants?

Unless you can show me an American who isn't the descendant of immigrants, that's correct. ...
- I'm just not buying the whole brown peril angle, which Tancredo disgustingly played into, IMO....
Cut the artificial incentives, cut the favored status immigrants from our closest neighbors get by default, thoroughly check people out when they enter - all of these things I can get behind 100%. But if the government exists as a result of individuals and not the other way around, then eventually you have to say the same thing about the relationship between individuals and the borders they construct. Not everyone will agree, and that's fine... we have bigger issues on the table that need attention AND that (true/paleo) conservatives and libertarians can agree on: putting an end to Bush's disastrous pre-emptive doctrine, ending the redistribution of wealth, stopping the government's endless experiments in social engineering, ensuring true freedom of speech, association, and commerce, and restoring a commodity based currency.

Cheers...

Show me a human on this planet that did not descend from an "immigrant". We're all humans, and we have been moving back and forth across this planet for thousands of years...

I hope we all agree that we support our current country and it's Constitutional values of rights, freedom, liberty, justice and rule of law. Massive immigration does create the risk of losing those values. We may all be human, but we don't have the exact same cultural background. Balkanization of the US is a possibility without proper integration. France is on the verge of very real problems due to a flawed immigration scheme.

I am disturbed by any racism that enters into the debate. That's not an issue to me. A human is a human. I am also disturbed when the race card is played. I don't care where the population increase comes from, but it is not sustainable in the long run. Due to the race card and its perceived role in immigration, environmental organizations such as the Sierra Club refuse to look at the real issue: population. The perception has been created that anyone that is against immigration is a racist. It's propaganda from the globalists. It's brainwashing. It's nonsense. And for environmental conservatives, you can't plant a few trees to make up for huge population increases and the paving over of all the land. You can't ignore the root cause.

Here's an interesting group that tries to go beyond all of the nonsense and propaganda:

http://www.cap-s.org/facts/population.html

As for your other Ron Paul points, we're all on board there!

mrchubbs
12-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Tancredo endorsed Romney?? as someone mentioned, Mitt must have promised him a position in his cabinet.

Ambassador to Mexico????

:D

Brian4Liberty
12-22-2007, 12:43 AM
Ambassador to Mexico????

:D

Head of the INS... :D

Ron Paul Fan
12-22-2007, 12:50 AM
Tancredo supporters have been neo-CONNED by their candidate. You're welcome here guys! Especially in Iowa where stopping illegal immigration is a big deal. If you're really serious about stopping it, don't vote for flip flopping Mitt Romney. Vote for someone who has been consistent on the issue and all issues for 20 years in the Congress. Vote for Ron Paul. We need you in Iowa to take down Romney and Huckabee! NOTHING will get done about securing the borders if one of these two gets the nomination!

literatim
12-22-2007, 11:30 AM
From what I have read around the net, Tancredo supporters aren't too happy with the endorsement.

Kludge
12-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Tancredo wanted to fight the "terrorists" by threatening the bombing of their holy cities... but w.e....

We can always agree on economics, health care and border control ;). Hope y'all enjoy it here as much as I have.

Steve4RP
12-22-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm a bit disappointed in his support for Romney. I listened to a radio interview with him on the John and Ken show and he did not really seem to have a solid 'agreement' from Romney supporting his views...which was the base of the reason for his Presidential bid, to bring the immigration issues to focus.

Tancredo basically stated that at the end of the day you just have to take a persons word for what he will or will not do as that is all you really have and that he believes Romney. I thought out loud, well you could also base the decision on the political history of the candidate and steadfastness to their ideals and views. Given the choices available RP would have seemed like the obvious choice for Tancredo.

z7trance
12-22-2007, 06:44 PM
Yes! Welcome all 16 of you!

j/k, nice to meet ya :-]

Leroy_Jenkems
12-22-2007, 09:17 PM

+1. I was just about to break out the credit card to send Tancredo my first donation several months ago, until I studied up on Paul. Tancredo's got American security and conservative values in mind, no doubt. Best wishes to Tom and family.

Leroy_Jenkems
12-22-2007, 09:18 PM
Ahemm.... scrap that last post, I just now saw that he's endorsing Romney.

Ball
12-24-2007, 02:06 AM
here, here!

Where where?

I think you mean hear (ye) hear (ye).

alienpyro
12-24-2007, 09:29 AM
rfkgtkgtfkg

LibertyEagle
12-24-2007, 09:40 AM
Tancredo is a tool, at one time I had respect for the man.

His support went to Romney...never forget this.

Welcome troll.

ThePieSwindler
12-24-2007, 05:02 PM
Welcome troll.

??

I'm actually in agreement with this fellow's statement. Am I a troll?

Flash
12-24-2007, 07:33 PM
It was really low for him to endorse Romney. Why endorse someone just because he has the best chance? And I do like Tancredo and even wanted him to be RP's running mate at a time.

pacelli
12-24-2007, 08:35 PM
rfkgtkgtfkg

Yes, couldn't agree more. :confused:

dawnbt
12-26-2007, 10:23 AM
Tancredo said that he didn't endorse Ron Paul because he doesn't agree with him about the War. Apparently, he is a fan of water boarding and Guantanamo! Here is his explanation on Tucker

h ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0nH4Av4Wdgs

Question_Authority
12-26-2007, 10:26 AM