PDA

View Full Version : Take the $20 Million Federal Matching Funds?

quantized
12-20-2007, 01:13 AM
A poll in response to the thread with same title. Vote what you think!

TheNewYorker
12-20-2007, 01:14 AM
poll where?

xexkxex
12-20-2007, 01:18 AM
No...becasue it is against everything he has been saying for 30 years.

michaelwise
12-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Does anyone know if other dem or rep candidates took matching funds?

Birdlady
12-20-2007, 01:23 AM
Does anyone know if other dem or rep candidates took matching funds?

This is from wiki, so who knows if it's true. haha

In 2008, most of the leading candidates in both parties, including Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama among Democrats, and Rudy Giuliani, Mitt Romney and Ron Paul among Republicans, have decided not to take matching funds.

So far, John McCain[4], Tom Tancredo[5], John Edwards[6], Chris Dodd[7], and Joe Biden[8] have qualified for and elected to take public funds in the primary.

zeegrim
12-20-2007, 01:24 AM
no...becasue it is against everything he has been saying for 30 years.

QFT

Patrick_Henry
12-20-2007, 01:24 AM
I probably wouldn't donate anymore if he took matching funds.

...well seeing how I'm poor that might be a good thing :)

But no, that goes against everything that he stands for. Not to forget that it adds a ton of regulations that would just slow us down.

Isupportliberty
12-20-2007, 01:28 AM
No, because it's immoral... think about how it would make you feel if another candidate took your money to further spread their message about the things you disagree with (pre-emptive war, bigger government, etc.)

TheNewYorker
12-20-2007, 01:29 AM
No, because it's immoral... think about how it would make you feel if another candidate took your money to further spread their message about the things you disagree with (pre-emptive war, bigger government, etc.)

Yeah, but in Ron Paul's case he's taking the money to spread the message of freedom and prosperity.

Castrensis
12-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Nope. The legalized theft of Citizen's money by the government to the tune of million$ for political posturing....

Do I really need to go on?

RP's campaign is proof positive that if the people support someone for President they're quite capable of financing the campaign themselves despite overtaxation, thank you very much.

devil21
12-20-2007, 01:35 AM
No. No reason for that at all.
Plus I dont think its 100% matching funds. It's something like "up to the first $250 of a donation" or something like that. The gov't doesnt just give them a check for whatever they have already raised. That would be counterproductive to the campaign. And they know that we will give them whatever they want, when they want it lol.