PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on ABC

scbissler
07-08-2007, 07:34 AM
Good interview until that last bit where Stephanopolous said he would bet everything he has that RP won't get the nomination. Walked right into that one.

MozoVote
07-08-2007, 07:37 AM
The whole point of a r3V0Lution is to break othodoxy. It will take some time to get people to stop making that "obvious" assumption.

DavyDuke17
07-08-2007, 07:39 AM
Yeah, why would a journalist do that? An interviewer shouldn't be trying to handicap the race, by basically telling his viewers not to bother with this guy because he has zero chance of winning, how about just going over his platform and have people decide if thats something they want to vote for?

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 07:40 AM
Well, for one Stephanopoulis is a member of the CFR.

RPatTheBeach
07-08-2007, 07:42 AM
This has aired already for you? It's 9:40AM where I am and all reports have said this isn't due to air until 10:00. Checking my local listings show it, in fact, is not being aired until 10:30AM.

lynnf
07-08-2007, 07:49 AM
This has aired already for you? It's 9:40AM where I am and all reports have said this isn't due to air until 10:00. Checking my local listings show it, in fact, is not being aired until 10:30AM.

It appears to show at different times in different areas of the country due
to local programming priorities.

lynn

shrugged0106
07-08-2007, 07:49 AM

I just watched it in Louisville too. I also was miffed at loneso me Geaorge's assumption of loss. What an a-hole in that regard.

DavyDuke17
07-08-2007, 07:50 AM

Thats ridiculous. He isn't even a political adviser anymore and shouldn't have any influence over policy. Why should he even be a member of the CFR unless its to influence the American public into going along with their globalist agenda.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-08-2007, 07:53 AM
Someone YouTube it. My reception isn't so great, but even if it were, I'm going to want to watch it again.

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Thats ridiculous. He isn't even a political adviser anymore and shouldn't have any influence over policy. Why should he even be a member of the CFR unless its to influence the American public into going along with their globalist agenda.

You would be surprised how very many of the mass media are members.

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 08:09 AM
It hasn't shown for me yet, but as an introduction to the show, Stephanopoulis asked Dr. Paul why he was in the race. Dr. Paul said... TO WIN. Stephy said you don't stand a chance of doing that. Dr. Paul asked him if he wanted to bet everything in his pocket. Stephy said YES.

It was disgusting. The little creep.

I hate how they're pairing Dr. Paul and Gravel together, like they're somehow the same in popularity. Yup... Stephy just called them the "longshot candidates".

1k9
07-08-2007, 08:11 AM
Someone YouTube it.

I've youtubed it. I'm waiting for the final process to complete. http://www.youtube.com/v/yAh9sp7ebdY This step usually takes about 30 to 40 minutes and it's been going now for about 15. I'll post a new thread when I see that it's complete.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 08:15 AM
Done.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-08-2007, 08:21 AM
At least they seguayed with "If the odds are stacked against Ron Paul, they're out of this world for Mike Gravel." Not bad.

RP did a good job with his message. I thought it went well.

liberatenyc
07-08-2007, 08:22 AM
Why didn't they air the mccain clip?

Bossobass
07-08-2007, 08:25 AM
I hate being referred to as a 'follower' of a 'long shot'. I'm a supporter of a candidate for President.

I hate ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and all of their owned and compromised entainment companies that masquerade as news outlets.

I gave the Clinton boy, GS, the benefit of the doubt, as I do all people, but it was wasted on him, another wank who gets paid and gets his kicks by BSing Americans, reading right off of the page that's handed to him, no matter how ridiculous it really is to a sane American.

I grew up being taught that nothing is impossible in America, and I was shown many, many examples of this idea personified.

Today, it's no longer America, so the American ideal is dead. It's now, 'No way you can win, so why don't you go home now and save the bus fares?'

WOW. What sort of world are they ushering in? This sort of shit makes me scratch out my calendar and redouble my efforts. I'll be in Des Moines for the debate, Greenville/Spartanburg for the Beltram is a moron event, a trip to Columbia, SC and all points in between (I'm very familiar with the small towns in western SC) and 2 more experimental projects I'll report on if they pan out.

I mean, here's GS talking about the failed Iraq war with the only R candidate who opposed it from day 1 and still opposes it, asking RP what he hopes to accomplish by his candidacy???!!! Those are the times I wish RP would be a little more indignant with his replies.

Having him in a dual segment with Gravel was salt in the wounds.

ABC+GS=Wank City, IMO. I'm sorry I recommended anyone tune in to that show.

Bosso

LastoftheMohicans
07-08-2007, 08:26 AM
Someone YouTube it. My reception isn't so great, but even if it were, I'm going to want to watch it again.

Are you using rabbit ears?

disciple
07-08-2007, 08:29 AM
Well, we need to make sure that this idiot masquerading as a journalist loses the bet.
Double, triple, and quadruple the efforts.

Shmuel Spade
07-08-2007, 08:29 AM
It was okay, Stephie is a krej though. A journalist shouldn't come out and be so familiar and demeaning with a candidate like that.

ChristopherJ
07-08-2007, 08:30 AM
It airs at 9:30am here, but the local anchor on the morning news just interviewed GS and asked him straight up if RP had a chance. GS said "no, but he is in it for the long haul and has a chance to influence the race". He also said he could do well in NH do to their large liberatarian base.

Bossobass
07-08-2007, 08:31 AM
Well, we need to make sure that this idiot masquerading as a journalist loses the bet.

AMEN! And I WILL. ;) :cool:

Bosso

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 08:35 AM

Yeah, I noticed that too. :(

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 08:36 AM
The YouTube is up.

Dave
07-08-2007, 08:39 AM
GS' demeanor suggested to me that he didn't want RP on his show. It's like it was forced on him by someone else. His smug puss showed disrespect for the good Dr. so I wonder why he was on his show.

I'm glad the moderator of the next GOP debate has decided that Ron Paul can't win. People have an inherent need to be 'right'. Now that GS has flesh in the fight against RP, he will consciously and/or subconsciously do things to see to it that he is proven right about RP.

Barf.

Highmesa
07-08-2007, 08:41 AM
Going in to these things, you have to realize that Step-on-top-of-us is part of the DNC party machine posing as an unbiased journalist. Dems as well as the GOP have to discredit Paul as much as possible as he is a huge threat to the status quo.

Sunday morning talking head TV is good exposure though.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-08-2007, 08:45 AM
Are you using rabbit ears?

Yeah, even amplified ones. But my 2.5-year-old keeps destroying them. Need to buy a new set. I almost *never* watch tv, so I usually don't worry about it.

Original_Intent
07-08-2007, 08:46 AM

Yep pretty sure Barbara Walters, Walter Cronkite, Rush Limbaugh, and MANY others in the media are CFR.

emilysdad
07-08-2007, 08:48 AM
I hate being referred to as a 'follower' of a 'long shot'. I'm a supporter of a candidate for President.

I hate ABC, CBS, NBC, Fox and all of their owned and compromised entainment companies that masquerade as news outlets.

I gave the Clinton boy, GS, the benefit of the doubt, as I do all people, but it was wasted on him, another wank who gets paid and gets his kicks by BSing Americans, reading right off of the page that's handed to him, no matter how ridiculous it really is to a sane American.

I grew up being taught that nothing is impossible in America, and I was shown many, many examples of this idea personified.

Today, it's no longer America, so the American ideal is dead. It's now, 'No way you can win, so why don't you go home now and save the bus fares?'

WOW. What sort of world are they ushering in? This sort of shit makes me scratch out my calendar and redouble my efforts. I'll be in Des Moines for the debate, Greenville/Spartanburg for the Beltram is a moron event, a trip to Columbia, SC and all points in between (I'm very familiar with the small towns in western SC) and 2 more experimental projects I'll report on if they pan out.

I mean, here's GS talking about the failed Iraq war with the only R candidate who opposed it from day 1 and still opposes it, asking RP what he hopes to accomplish by his candidacy???!!! Those are the times I wish RP would be a little more indignant with his replies.

Having him in a dual segment with Gravel was salt in the wounds.

ABC+GS=Wank City, IMO. I'm sorry I recommended anyone tune in to that show.

Bosso

I agree with you Bosso. It was a somewhat disquised hatchet job if you ask me. GS focused on Iraq and of course the JulieAnnie exchange to include the applause. GS made sure to inform any viewers of RP's libertarian roots on a few occassions and of course the "you won't win" comment. It amazes me how many people in this country won't vote for a candidate they truly like because "they won't win" and GS made sure to plant that seed. It seems the CFR lead coalition against RP has changed direction and instead of outright negativity to discredit the good doctor they are going to the "kill him with kindness" approach.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 08:52 AM
Also, note that they said Ron Paul didn't accept Medicare without mentioning the free care he gave out.

Still, 2.66 million viewers is good for us.

Shmuel Spade
07-08-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah, even amplified ones. But my 2.5-year-old keeps destroying them. Need to buy a new set. I almost *never* watch tv, so I usually don't worry about it.

If you get a nice HDTV you can get some really clean OTA signals.

Wyurm
07-08-2007, 08:54 AM
Aside from the bet part, that was an awsome interview. Keep in mind, we do better with interviewers that don't side with RP. However I did think GS (I'm not even going to try spelling his last name) was out of line to tell Ron that he won't win.

woowoowoo22
07-08-2007, 09:00 AM
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/BREAKING_VIDEO_Ron_Paul_on_This_Week_on_ABC_7_8_07

MsDoodahs
07-08-2007, 09:00 AM
I'm afraid to watch it now.

I get so dang nervous anytime Dr. Paul is on the television. After reading this stuff here, I'm feeling nauseated already.

Ugh.

ChristopherJ
07-08-2007, 09:01 AM
To me it appeared Gravel got more speaking time than RP. It looked like RP's responses were edited and his full points were not made. I know they have to edit for time, but to me it seemed like his sentences were cut in half.

RPatTheBeach
07-08-2007, 09:05 AM
Ok, I just finished watching this broadcast.

All I can say is you people are completely throwing this off. There is nothing GS did to RP that he did not do to Mike Gravel. The same comment was posed to MG. What you are all failing to notice is the massive smile on GS's face when presenting this question. This was merely a loaded question looking for someone to say something stupid. If anything, this interview favored RP over MG.

GS fairly reported all of RP's views, and had no contest when RP presented his opinion on his Iraq comments. The transition to MG interview was favorable (for us), and they did not need to mention the RP supporters gathered prior to the interview.

Overall good interview. We should focus on the positivity MSM airtime RP received from this. Any publicity is good publicity.

Dave
07-08-2007, 09:05 AM
To me it appeared Gravel got more speaking time than RP. It looked like RP's responses were edited and his full points were not made. I know they have to edit for time, but to me it seemed like his sentences were cut in half.

Agreed. What happened to the 15 minutes we were supposed to have.

MsDoodahs
07-08-2007, 09:07 AM
So it isn't 15 minutes?

Crap.

When during the show is the RP interview? He's interviewing Conyers now...

sunny
07-08-2007, 09:10 AM
Agreed. What happened to the 15 minutes we were supposed to have.

gs is a little s***! - a disgrace to journalism....what else to expect from a cfr rep?
and dr. paul came off like a shining star, per usual!
gotta love him!
i know i do!

B964
07-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I just watched it. I think it went great.
I only wish after GS said he won't win he had said, don't bet on it, or just watch me, or my first phone call from the oval office will be to you.

MrOrange
07-08-2007, 09:13 AM
I'm not that mad at Mr. Stephanopalus (spelling?) for saying Ron Paul can't win. It was part of a conversation in which he gave RP every opportunity to knock him around for it. Maybe Stephy wanted to be knocked around a little bit. He set him up to do it, especially after the intro about Paul surpassing McCain in COH.

It wasn't like those pundits arguing amongst themselves and one of them dismissing RP or worse part of a radio show monologue. Stephy said what he said in a dialogue and was the perfect opportunity for RP to respond, "Of course I can win. Would you say that sort of thing to John McCain, now that I'm leading him in cash reserves?" At worst Stephy might have come up with a floundering "No, but..." as he tried to search for reasons McCain is still more relevant that RP. At best Stephy might have said, "Yes, McCain can't win either." An admission that no one in the MSM has any business calling the presidential race this early as McCain was a supposed front runner, even THE front runner for the Republican nomination.

I think that was the weakest part of the interview for RP. The rest of the interview was outstanding, but RP missed an opportunity to say emphatically, "I'm relevant. I can win. And here's why." After all, if he doesn't truly believe he can really win, how is he ever going to shake the long-shot tag. RP is humble. And that's good, but he needs to toot his own horn every once in a while.

Highmesa
07-08-2007, 09:14 AM
Just watched the Youtube version - it's not on until 3:30 here.

I thought it was a solid interview. The only time GS looked like the arrogant little prick that he is was with the bet everything in your pocket question.

Everything else was fairly positive stuff for a large national audience.

Rocky Mtn Liberty Lover
07-08-2007, 09:18 AM
Given that GS is the moderator of the upcoming Iowa debate, I think it is favorable that RP got a little face time with him beforehand. It may help GS to be slightly less-biased when directing questions and spreading discussion time (we can only hope).

walt
07-08-2007, 09:20 AM
This piece did a good job of taking 6 months of information and putting it into 10 minutes. Remember, this interview was not for this group, it was for people who never had heard of him before. In that aspect it was fair.

Focus on the positive: Share the video link with 10 people who don't know Dr. Paul and show this introduction.

What is Stephanopolous' email address? The campaign (and us) should challenge him to put all of his assets in escrow now so there is no controversy later. :D

Nathan Hale
07-08-2007, 09:20 AM
Just watched the Youtube version - it's not on until 3:30 here.

I thought it was a solid interview. The only time GS looked like the arrogant little prick that he is was with the bet everything in your pocket question.

Everything else was fairly positive stuff for a large national audience.

I'm not seeing it on Youtube.

As an aside, when I watch Ron Paul videos on YouTube, I find them by doing a search for "Ron Paul". Is that how everybody else does it? Am I missing any videos because of this?

1k9
07-08-2007, 09:23 AM
I'm not seeing it on Youtube.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAh9sp7ebdY I posted it earlier in the comments of this thread and one all by itself.

Ava
07-08-2007, 09:25 AM
I loved it. Ron Paul presents a coherent and principled message for freedom and liberty. Words spoken right from the heart of the American spirit. People don't need to be convinced about it. It is such a powerful message. Ron Paul is a humble man, and I really liked the way he responded to the attack at the end. It was a straight and humble answer.

MsDoodahs
07-08-2007, 09:36 AM
This is a GREAT INTERVIEW, y'all!

I'm EXTREMEMLY EXTREMELY pleased!

Step back and see it as though you have not seen RP before.

We know all the stuff GS went into - but most viewers of This Week DID NOT.

Now, they know at least SOME of these things. I mean, how many times do we get upset because some moron broadcaster says ALL the GOP candidates favor continued war?

GS HIGHLIGHTED IN A STRONG WAY THAT RON PAUL IS ANTI WAR.

70% of AMERICANS are anti war.

This alone was FANTASTIC (IMO)!

GS did a fine job (again IMO) of highlighting a LOT of wonderful aspects of Dr. Paul as a person and the wonderful message of less government that he is bringing to the GOP table.

In the version I saw, the lead in INCLUDED shots of supporters outside on the sidewalk with signs, and Ron interacting with those supporters. Also in the lead in was the still shot of RP with RR, both all smiles. That's good PR for us with RR fans (and there are lots of those).

I am absolutely THRILLED with this interview and I am SOOOO glad I encouraged others to watch it, too!

:)

richard1984
07-08-2007, 09:45 AM
It was a good interview up until the end. I hate when people (like GS) insist that he has no chance of winning. It's just not true!!! But it's bad press (because I think that many people only pay attention to candidates who "have a chance to win"). Regardless, most of the interview (everything except for the last part) was excellent, and I'm sure many more people are interested in Dr. Paul now.

(note: I don't want to take away from the positive aspects of the interview. I just wanted to point out the one bad part. I'm not trying to be pessimistic.)

woowoowoo22
07-08-2007, 09:48 AM
The editing was OK.

They eliminating some of the stumbling over words that Ron Paul does sometimes :)

beermotor
07-08-2007, 09:48 AM

I was wondering that myself - it was sort of at the beginning, but he never said $2.4M ... he just said the upslope/downslope bit.

But it's OK, the figures are all over the internet.

I thought he did a good job. He is speaking much better these days - he really rocks in hostile interviews. You can tell when he knows he's pressing his advantage.

HOWEVER - RON, YA GOTTA SAY "IF THE REPUBLICANS DO NOT NOMINATE ME, THEY WILL LOSE IN THE GENERAL ELECTION, IT'S THAT SIMPLE."

theblatanttruth
07-08-2007, 09:49 AM
This is a GREAT INTERVIEW, y'all!

I'm EXTREMEMLY EXTREMELY pleased!

Step back and see it as though you have not seen RP before.

We know all the stuff GS went into - but most viewers of This Week DID NOT.

Now, they know at least SOME of these things. I mean, how many times do we get upset because some moron broadcaster says ALL the GOP candidates favor continued war?

GS HIGHLIGHTED IN A STRONG WAY THAT RON PAUL IS ANTI WAR.

70% of AMERICANS are anti war.

This alone was FANTASTIC (IMO)!

GS did a fine job (again IMO) of highlighting a LOT of wonderful aspects of Dr. Paul as a person and the wonderful message of less government that he is bringing to the GOP table.

In the version I saw, the lead in INCLUDED shots of supporters outside on the sidewalk with signs, and Ron interacting with those supporters. Also in the lead in was the still shot of RP with RR, both all smiles. That's good PR for us with RR fans (and there are lots of those).

I am absolutely THRILLED with this interview and I am SOOOO glad I encouraged others to watch it, too!

Agree'd... at this point I'm not totally convinced that the general American public is all that ignorant - I believe the process of a common person watching that interview will be agreeance to the message and disgust at the rude comment at the end. I think the rude ass comment did nothing but help, IMO.

Suzu
07-08-2007, 09:50 AM
I hate when people (like GS) insist that he has no chance of winning. It's just not true!!!

Maybe GS has some privileged information. You know, the kind of information that Bush alluded to when he said "We're not going to lose in Ohio. You can put it in the bank."

Let's not forget that despite all our efforts, unless we ensure that the election are not rigged, RP won't be able to win.

Who here is working on the black-box voting problem?

kylejack
07-08-2007, 09:51 AM
I agree that this was a fantastic interview. With the exception of the bet thing, there's not a thing I would change about the entire interview. They even included the picture of Ron Paul hanging out with Reagan! It was awesome, and he gave Ron Paul an opportunity to answer on numerous issues. He was a challenging interviewer and Ron Paul rose to the challenge. The entire time he seemed credible and on-point.

Now: brace for impact. 2.66 million people are potentially inbound to THIS FORUM. :)

Edit: "What's Going On? Currently Active Users: 144 (63 members and 81 guests)"

kylejack
07-08-2007, 09:52 AM
I was wondering that myself - it was sort of at the beginning, but he never said $2.4M ... he just said the upslope/downslope bit.

But it's OK, the figures are all over the internet.
Just prior to the interview starting, George's voice-over said that he has 2.4 million, more than McCain.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 09:53 AM
Ugh, third consecutive post.

I'd also like to say that it was a great interview for Gravel, and I'm glad it followed Ron Paul, because it reinforced a lot of Ron's points.

Suzu
07-08-2007, 09:59 AM
I'd also like to say that it was a great interview for Gravel, and I'm glad it followed Ron Paul, because it reinforced a lot of Ron's points.

I wish I had seen that. Has it been youtubed?

carla8478
07-08-2007, 10:00 AM
I agree about that comment at the end. I think it was a good thing. It got our blood boiling and got us even that much more motivated to get out there and spread the word and dig deep in our pockets to keep donating to the campaign.

I thought the interview went great. He was so calm, collected, and most importantly confident.

One encouragement to all those in meetup groups. Don't wait on your group. Group events are great, but everyday you can do something to spread the message. Pick up some foam board. Make a sign with markers if you have to and go stand on a busy street corner near your home. You only have to do it for 1 hour, 30min, 20min. Even in 15 min lots and lots of cars can pass you at a busy intersection. GET HIS NAME OUT THERE! Also having color brochures, flyers, etc is nice, but expensive. You can save those for your group events. However I finally made a flyer that is divided into quarters and designed it to be printed in black & white. It has Ron Paul's picture and with just 10 sheets of paper I have 40 hand outs. I keep a stack of them & a roll of scotch tape in my car at all times. I tape them up everywhere as I go about my daily tasks. The other day I stuck a few up in Wal-Mart, I stuck a few on the ice case at the gas station, I stuck some on the gas pumps. I hand them to people that pass by.

Make a difference each and every day in some small way.

Everyone needs to know the name Ron Paul!

Man from La Mancha
07-08-2007, 10:00 AM
Unless Snufalupagous as a CFR member is privy to some secret vote fraud or violent action against Paul he will lose his shirt.

Swmorgan77
07-08-2007, 10:04 AM

Remember, there are many journalists/anchors and other members of the media that are CFR as well.

His position in the news media makes him a prime CFR operative. He just transferred from one area of CFR control to another :)

kylejack
07-08-2007, 10:05 AM
I wish I had seen that. Has it been youtubed?

Not to my knowledge yet, but hopefully it will show up. It talked about how he was a lone voice against Vietnam back then, reading the Pentagon Papers into the Congressional Record, and opposing the occupation, and later he was called a courageous hero, and now its the same thing all over with Iraq and they're calling him a crazy person again. It talked about the rock video, and how its a metaphor for the impact (ripples) one person can make with one grand gesture (throwing the rock). He talked about how all the Dem front-runners are not credible as anti-war candidates because they're not voting to cut off the funding.

Great interview, and really brought home a lot of what Ron Paul was saying.

Erazmus
07-08-2007, 10:12 AM
Maybe GS has some privileged information. You know, the kind of information that Bush alluded to when he said "We're not going to lose in Ohio. You can put it in the bank."

Let's not forget that despite all our efforts, unless we ensure that the election are not rigged, RP won't be able to win.

You make a strong point. Whoever hasn't seen this HBO documentary, should

Hacking Democracy on Video Google. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-365586126885215066&q=hacking+democracy&total=63&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1)

jd603
07-08-2007, 10:14 AM
George Stephanopoulos, Director, Communications -- CFR

If Ron was a CFR member he'd be all "GO RON PAUL" , we need to destroy the CFR, they are a group of anti-american sell-out scumbags.

The other media trick right now that I see is CNN and others running Gravel along side Ron Paul on purpose to detract from Ron, I like gravels stances but he's not in the same league as Paul and doesn't have as much of a shot of being nominated.

Good interview until that last bit where Stephanopolous said he would bet everything he has that RP won't get the nomination. Walked right into that one.

AZ Libertarian
07-08-2007, 10:28 AM
Make a sign with markers if you have to and go stand on a busy street corner near your home. You only have to do it for 1 hour, 30min, 20min. Even in 15 min lots and lots of cars can pass you at a busy intersection. GET HIS NAME OUT THERE!

I stand on the busy intersection by my house from 4:30 to 6:30 pm for the afternoon drive home, and get about 20 positive responses (about one every six minutes) of honking and waving and thumbs up. I also hand out 30 to 50 pushcards to those who ask for more info. It may get up to 112-115 degrees out there, but growing up here in Phoenix, I am used to it. I get a big kick out of the 'gaping-mouth blank stares' I get from those being 'Paulinated'! It's loads of fun and the police don't bother me one bit.

Just one busy RPBee - Paulinating the world! :cool:

Swmorgan77
07-08-2007, 10:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAh9sp7ebdY

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 10:31 AM
You make a strong point. Whoever hasn't seen this HBO documentary, should

Hacking Democracy on Video Google. (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-365586126885215066&q=hacking+democracy&total=63&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=1)

Absolutely. I'm glad that's back up on Google video.

EvoPro
07-08-2007, 10:32 AM

More "blowback." Coming your way now george s.!

Swmorgan77
07-08-2007, 10:34 AM
It was okay, Stephie is a krej though. A journalist shouldn't come out and be so familiar and demeaning with a candidate like that.

Yeah you could really see George's CFR/interventionist disdain seething through his demeanor for a minute there when RP was talking about humble foreign policy and referring to the founders.

WannaBfree
07-08-2007, 10:43 AM

The following is an OLD list of CFR/Trilateral Commison members who are in media.
Complete list here: http://www.apfn.org/apfn/cfr-members.htm

Also, have a look at this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Mockingbird

and this 2 min. video of Cheney addressing the CFR:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...17264635445048

MEDIA:

CBS:
Laurence A. Tisch, CEO -- CFR
Roswell Gilpatric -- CFR
James Houghton -- CFR, TC
Henry Schacht -- CFR, TC
Dan Rather -- CFR
Richard Hottelet -- CFR
Frank Stanton -- CFR

NBC/RCA:
John F. Welch, CEO -- CFR
Jane Pfeiffer -- CFR
Lester Crystal -- CFR, TC
R.W. Sonnenfeidt -- CFR, TC
John Petty -- CFR
Tom Brokaw -- CFR
David Brinkley -- CFR
John Chancellor -- CFR
Marvin Kalb -- CFR
Irving R. Levine -- CFR
Herbert Schlosser -- CFR
Peter G. Peterson -- CFR
John Sawhill -- CFR

ABC:
Thomas S. Murphy, CEO -- CFR
Barbara Walters -- CFR
John Connor -- CFR
Diane Sawyer -- CFR
John Scall -- CFR

Public Broadcast Service:
Robert Mcneil -- CFR
Jim Lehrer -- CFR
C. Hunter-Gault -- CFR
Hodding Carter III -- CFR
Daniel Schorr -- CFR

Associated Press:
Stanley Swinton -- CFR
Harold Anderson -- CFR
Katharine Graham -- CFR, TC

Reuters:
Michael Posner -- CFR

Baltimore Sun:
Henry Trewhitt -- CFR

Washington Times:
Arnaud De Borchgrave -- CFR

Children's TV Workshop (Sesame Street):
Joan Ganz Cooney, Pres. -- CFR

Cable News Network:
W. Thomas Johnson, Pres. -- TC
Daniel Schorr -- CFR

U.S. News & World Report:
David Gergen -- TC

New York Times Co.:
Richard Gelb -- CFR
William Scranton -- CFR, TC
John F. Akers, Dir. -- CFR
Louis V. Gerstner, Jr., Dir. -- CFR
George B. Munroe, Dir. -- CFR
Donald M. Stewart, Dir. -- CFR
Cyrus R. Vance, Dir. -- CFR
A.M. Rosenthal -- CFR
Seymour Topping -- CFR
James Greenfield -- CFR
Max Frankel -- CFR
Jack Rosenthal -- CFR
John Oakes -- CFR
Harrison Salisbury -- CFR
H.L. Smith -- CFR
Steven Rattner -- CFR
Richard Burt -- CFR
Flora Lewis -- CFR

Time, Inc.:
Ralph Davidson -- CFR
Donal M. Wilson -- CFR
Henry Grunwald -- CFR
Alexander Heard -- CFR
Sol Linowitz -- CFR
Thomas Watson, Jr. -- CFR
Strobe Talbott -- CFR

Newsweek/Washington Post:
Katharine Graham -- CFR
N. Deb. Katzenbach -- CFR
Robert Christopher -- CFR
Osborne Elliot -- CFR
Phillip Geyelin -- CFR
Murry Marder -- CFR
Maynard Parker -- CFR
George Will -- CFR, TC
Robert Kaiser -- CFR
Meg Greenfield -- CFR
Walter Pincus -- CFR
Murray Gart -- CFR
Peter Osnos -- CFR
Don Oberdorfer -- CFR

Dow Jones & Co (Wall Street Journal):
Richard Wood -- CFR
Robert Bartley -- CFR, TC
Karen House -- CFR

National Review:
Wm. F. Buckley, Jr. -- CFR

Readers Digest:
George V. Grune, CEO -- CFR
William G. Bowen, Dir. -- CFR

Syndicated Columnists
Geogia Anne Geyer -- CFR
Ben J. Wattenberg -- CFR

sheepledog
07-08-2007, 11:07 AM
Well, I think George Snuffalufagus failed in his attempted hit job, and while Ron Paul was taken by surprise by the 'you can't win' comment, he countered beautifully.

angrydragon
07-08-2007, 11:11 AM
This one is a few seconds longer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yay4H-yUze0

I agree that everything was good until the end with George saying he couldn't win.

purepaloma
07-08-2007, 11:18 AM
This was great OLD MEDIA coverage.

More exposure for Ron !

kalami
07-08-2007, 11:27 AM
stephephopolis lis only helped Paul with that blithe statement at the end about his chances

MozoVote
07-08-2007, 11:33 AM
Yeah, just let it be another Failor/Beltram moment. Grit your teeth and become more determined to prove them wrong. When Ron puts his hand on a bible and swears to uphold the Constitution, that will be our vindication. :)

csen
07-08-2007, 12:02 PM
Just watched it. There was some pretty heavy editing at the end during that "bet every penny" segment. All they actually showed was GS saying "yes" but it looked like he might've said something else. Still fishy, but I wonder how much of our wrath should be directed at the editors, not just GS.

jj111
07-08-2007, 12:03 PM
Contact email for the show:

thisweek@abcnews.go.com

LibertyEagle
07-08-2007, 12:07 PM
No "wrath" please, in emails sent to ABC.

jewels2u
07-08-2007, 12:20 PM
Yeah, be really nice if you write. We want RP back on the show.

At first, I was really upset about the last comments but RP came back great. It's fine. My mom watched RP for the very first time and she said she really liked him and thought he came across great.

Wyurm
07-08-2007, 12:29 PM
I won't know what the site traffic results are for the campaign site till tomorrow, but this forum alone just got a rather large increase in new members, so it looks like the interview might have had the effect we wanted no matter the statement at the end. Just because we want them to be nice to Dr. Paul doesnt mean that's what works best for attracting people.

rg123
07-08-2007, 12:33 PM

very true all electronic voting must be stopped There is no reason at all to have electronic voting not to mention the 30 million illegals that vote

SeanEdwards
07-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Loved seeing the clips of a younger Ron Paul arguing the same exact message next to Ron Paul the elder statesman. Ron Paul is a true American hero and that is self-evident to anyone who examines the man.

Also, Ron Paul hit the isolationist tag right out of the park. It's Hillary McRomneyson that is the isolationist. America is more isolated than ever under that multi-headed beasts leadership.

thompsonisland
07-08-2007, 01:40 PM
I remember seeing the first Bill Maher interview and being so irritated, and then Maher recanted and had him back on as his "hero". I think people love an underdog, too, at least at this point in the race. I feel like no publicity is bad publicity for Ron Paul right now, and since he's genuine he can't really be tripped up.

jd603
07-08-2007, 02:12 PM
Yeah, Maher loves Ron Paul now, hehe, I think he just cringed at him for being a Republican from Texas and had it out for him in that first interview. After the debates however, Maher realized how right Ron was and had him back to basically praise him. Maher is no dummy either, he realized he made a mistake and made up for it. Expect to see Ron back on Maher as soon as Maher's new season starts too.

George S. is a different story, he belongs to a group of people who want one world government and I don't think he's going back. I think ratings were the only reason for having Ron on, that and to A.) to take a shot at him and B.) to link him next to Gravel , which, thanks to his rock in pond videos and yelling in the debates has gotten him the crazy label. CNN used this same tactic lately, by having Ron and Gravel on simultaneously. This is not an accident, it's well thought out, I'm positive of that.

I remember seeing the first Bill Maher interview and being so irritated, and then Maher recanted and had him back on as his "hero". I think people love an underdog, too, at least at this point in the race. I feel like no publicity is bad publicity for Ron Paul right now, and since he's genuine he can't really be tripped up.

tron paul
07-08-2007, 02:21 PM
So that we cannon be dismissed as :mad: cranky cranks:mad: , We must stay positive.

That means phrasing things in a "Happy Talk" way. ;) Reagan was the master of this.

Pissed at Steffy?
Don't let your blood boil, that's bad for your metabolism.

Just run outside and tell somebody about Ron Paul instead, you'll feel so much better.:p

Don't let Them paint the Ron Paul Army as grumpy, axe grinding malcontents!

When They attack, come back at hem will all the positive energy you can summon.

Banish the Hate and Darkness with Ron Paul Love and Light! :D

kylejack
07-08-2007, 02:23 PM
Fantastic advice, tron paul.

Lois
07-08-2007, 02:38 PM
I stand on the busy intersection by my house from 4:30 to 6:30 pm for the afternoon drive home, and get about 20 positive responses (about one every six minutes) of honking and waving and thumbs up. I also hand out 30 to 50 pushcards to those who ask for more info. It may get up to 112-115 degrees out there, but growing up here in Phoenix, I am used to it. I get a big kick out of the 'gaping-mouth blank stares' I get from those being 'Paulinated'! It's loads of fun and the police don't bother me one bit.

AZ - that is just fantastic. You should be proud of yourself. It's personal stories like this that make me excited and give me more resolve. I was in two parades and go to the downtown mall in my town every Friday to hand out information, but I want to do more. I couldn't do what you do because of the car fumes making me feel sick. You should take that into consideration - your health is important.

Lois

jorlowitz
07-08-2007, 03:50 PM
I'd say, considering most people really don't know who Ron Paul is, what he stands for, or how much support he has, GS' attitude is not a sign of some vast conspiracy to derail Paul. GS gave Ron great, important, open-ended questions and RP answered them with sincerity, conviction and that touch of grace I'm getting accustomed to watching. What happened at the end was unfortunate in a sense, because it shows GS is not sold, but I think it just means there's more to do until he sees that he's mistaken.

Overall, think it went great. It's going to be like this for a while, crossing through one land of disbelief after another. If it works like that, it's ok. If you're waiting for people to join the chorus of praise, you know where to look (myspace, youtube, any digg, any blog's comments). The mainstream is the next big area that can be informed, persuaded, and in a sense converted. It's probably going to happen one person at a time before it changes the minds of newscasters and pundits. I don't think that news should be too disappointing considering how far the campaign has come.

Jake

jd603
07-08-2007, 04:10 PM
Sorry that attitude towards the end was transparent, he set him up for that question. It was pre-planned and done on purpose to take a shot at him. There's no arguing that... he "conspired" to attack him in the end of that interview.

The CFR is for one-world government , George S. is a member, those are facts. Thus George S. is against Paul's message.

Saying that running him with Gravel was done on purpose is reaching but not too far fetched. I seem to remember them announcing 15 minutes of Ron Paul and NOT even mentioning Gravel would be on, then, out of nowhere, 7 minutes RP, 7minutes Gravel. Good ol' bait and switch.

It also may have been done to tempt people over to gravel/democrats and divide Ron Paul's supporters more. I think that would be a total failure but it's a common tactic with the CFR / Media.

I guarantee you that people in the media and at CFR think-tanks sit down and speak just the way I am in this message though, that's a fact, ex-FoxNews managers attest to this and it's not exclusive to FN.

I'd say, considering most people really don't know who Ron Paul is, what he stands for, or how much support he has, GS' attitude is not a sign of some vast conspiracy to derail Paul. GS gave Ron great, important, open-ended questions and RP answered them with sincerity, conviction and that touch of grace I'm getting accustomed to watching. What happened at the end was unfortunate in a sense, because it shows GS is not sold, but I think it just means there's more to do until he sees that he's mistaken.

Overall, think it went great. It's going to be like this for a while, crossing through one land of disbelief after another. If it works like that, it's ok. If you're waiting for people to join the chorus of praise, you know where to look (myspace, youtube, any digg, any blog's comments). The mainstream is the next big area that can be informed, persuaded, and in a sense converted. It's probably going to happen one person at a time before it changes the minds of newscasters and pundits. I don't think that news should be too disappointing considering how far the campaign has come.

Jake

Quantumystic
07-08-2007, 04:54 PM
I have to say I think The Doctor was awesome.

As others pointed out, they did show the supporters out front (w/ signage!), which they certainly didn't have to.

And as for the GS "no way" bit at the end...
http://www.geocities.com/quantumystic/RPweek.JPG

Just look at Paul's face in that moment instantly after GS said he'd bet "every cent"...

THAT is real Confidence. No "bluster", or any other BS. Just "that look".

Btw... you do NOT want to see "that look" from across a poker table. :eek:

Mesogen
07-08-2007, 04:56 PM
Ok, I just finished watching this broadcast.

All I can say is you people are completely throwing this off. There is nothing GS did to RP that he did not do to Mike Gravel. The same comment was posed to MG. What you are all failing to notice is the massive smile on GS's face when presenting this question. This was merely a loaded question looking for someone to say something stupid. If anything, this interview favored RP over MG.

GS fairly reported all of RP's views, and had no contest when RP presented his opinion on his Iraq comments. The transition to MG interview was favorable (for us), and they did not need to mention the RP supporters gathered prior to the interview.

Overall good interview. We should focus on the positivity MSM airtime RP received from this. Any publicity is good publicity.

The whole point of this interview was to paint Ron Paul as having NO CHANCE at all. That's why they grouped him with Mike Gravel who really doesn't have a chance in hell. The viewer is left with the impression "well, he seems nice, but I can't waste my vote on him." Very subtle. Very slick.

literatim
07-08-2007, 05:43 PM
Given that GS is the moderator of the upcoming Iowa debate, I think it is favorable that RP got a little face time with him beforehand. It may help GS to be slightly less-biased when directing questions and spreading discussion time (we can only hope).

This was GS chance to get a feel for Ron Paul's positions so he can make the debate as biased as possible. A similar thing happened with Wolf Blitzer.