PDA

View Full Version : Take Back The Media!!!

therealjjj77
12-20-2007, 12:38 AM
First, let's get something straight:

THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU MARCH OUTSIDE THEIR HEADQUARTERS!

THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU CANCEL YOUR CABLE!

THEY DON'T CARE IF YOU SEND THEM A THOUSAND MEAN E-MAILS!

So now that we understand what DOESN'T work, let's talk about what DOES:

$$MONEY$$

And where do they get this money?

FROM THEIR ADVERTISERS!!!

So how can we undercut their funding from advertisers?

This is where we can deal the crippling blow. This is where we can take back control of our media.

Here is the idea laid out plain and simple:

We make a website and gather a list of names of millions of the Ron Paul supporters around the U.S.A. We then list on that website what products to boycott.

WE BOYCOTT ANY COMPANIES THAT ADVERTISE WITH A STATION THAT WE FEEL IS GIVING RON PAUL LITTLE COVERAGE OR ONLY SMEAR COVERAGE.

We write one letter to each of these companies that advertise with that station telling them that we are peacefully boycotting their products and that "we" is composed of (5 million+) people. We also let them know where the website is to verify this letter and also how they can be removed from this boycott. Those who comply we tell who they can advertise with.

Is this illegal?

No. It's called free market unionization. It's something Ron Paul is in favor of in fact.

Is this going to cost anything?

No. It doesn't cost a penny. It only requires keeping somewhat informed on what brand names not to buy.

Is my information going to be given out?

No. The only information you give is the first letter of your first name and your last name and the city and state you live in. This is all that is used to compile this list.

How would this be paid for?

Just like any other free website: Advertising!(of course only with those companies that are compliant).

Now you can spend the next year complaining about their awful coverage jobs and skewing information and special interest propaganda, or you can help change this monster.

Who's with me?!

ecliptic
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM
WE BOYCOTT ANY PRODUCTS THAT ADVERTISE WITH A STATION THAT WE FEEL IS GIVING RON PAUL LITTLE COVERAGE OR ONLY SMEAR COVERAGE.

Let's just get the advertisers products and list them right here, then BOYCOTT THEM!!!

I'm in.

Of course with today's vast inter-locking network of corporations holding other corporations for other unknown owners and cross-ownership ....

It's actually quite difficult to gather this information. I suggest

Oligopoly Watch (http://www.oligopolywatch.com/)

therealjjj77
12-20-2007, 12:48 AM
The point isn't the boycotting. The point is that if we send a letter to each of the advertisers with a particular station, a certain percentage will stop advertising with that station or approach that station about this issue. For instance, Toyota, say, has a 3 billion dollar contract coming up for renewal and they see a large number of people boycotting the products advertised on that station and see that there is another station they could advertise on instead that isn't having it's advertisers boycotted, they will make the move since it is more profitable for them. I have a bit of experience with dealing with corporations as I own an L.L.C. myself. This is how we can leverage the media. It's the only way they will change(or go out of business).

kutibah
12-20-2007, 12:59 AM
Let's just get the advertisers products and list them right here, then BOYCOTT THEM!!!

I'm in.

+1

therealjjj77
12-20-2007, 08:09 AM
If you like this idea please keep this bumped and let's get a website set up.

jm1776
12-20-2007, 08:42 AM
This is absolutely the free market approach to holding companies accountable. Voting with our wallets!

I think for this to work we need to concentrate on one company/product at a time. Maybe we start with one for a couple of weeks, then add in the next on the list. It will be easier to remember each new product/company as their time comes.

I'm in for helping with this.

therealjjj77
12-20-2007, 01:37 PM
This is absolutely the free market approach to holding companies accountable. Voting with our wallets!

I think for this to work we need to concentrate on one company/product at a time. Maybe we start with one for a couple of weeks, then add in the next on the list. It will be easier to remember each new product/company as their time comes.

I'm in for helping with this.

Sounds great! Let's mobilize this effort.

Someone has told me they are starting on the website so we will have this under way fairly quickly. We'll keep you posted!