PDA

View Full Version : We should practice what we preach...

JiMMy_247
12-20-2007, 12:34 AM
In my opinion I think we need to completely disregard the National Campaign and the Media. We need to operate entirely as if they don’t exist-mainly because that’s how they operate.

The Media

I think it’s time we reevaluate our efforts to seek media attention-especially in regards to money bombs. I was in Boston with a few hundred die-hards, marching in blizzard conditions that brought the city to a standstill. That alone was something to behold. However simultaneously there were other dedicated Ron Paul supporters engaging in Tea Party Rallies and demonstrations not only in other states, but in other countries. Throughout that day we collectively broke the all time record for single day fundraising, something attempted by Obama, Huckabee and Romney in the past month-all of which failed... miserably. All of this took place while a blimp bearing our candidates name flew over the southeast of America. What did the media do? Honestly were the reports even close to proportional to what took place that day? Had even one of these things been achieved by any other candidate, you can rest assured you would have heard as much about that as you did about Paris Hilton going to jail. Believe me I am aware of media bias and manipulation. What’s odd is that we all know about it. So why do we continue to write emails, make phone calls and engage in these outlandish activities to get their attention-hoping they will change their ways, when we know the media already knows about us and has chosen not to report on it? We have seen great successes in the past and all of your efforts have paid off. But this last moneybomb really seemed to land on deaf ears. Don’t get me wrong it was a great thing I’ll be talking about it for years, but the media gave us even less exposure this time than they did in the last moneybombing. I was talking to a friend tonight and he said it quite well, “It’s like asking your enemy to load your gun for you.” How about instead wasting so much of our energy on asking the media to tell people about Ron Paul and just use that energy to add to our efforts of telling the people ourselves.

The Official Campaign

I’m sure all of us have at some time been shaking our heads in disbelief of the moves undertaken by the official campaign staff. The choices they make have consistently been mind boggling. I’m not going to rant on about all the nonsense-believe me there’s plenty. I, like many others, have held out hope they would finally do something that would be impressive. After those first two commercials came out I was in complete shock. Now the infomercial is out. The concept is perfect. The topical nature is definitely the way to go. So why… WHY does it look homemade? It’s not like it’s awful, I just had really high hopes for this thing. They have millions of dollars and had many months to get this one thing perfect-at least close to it. This is a minor example really; time and time again though, Kent Snyder’s campaign operation is a bit of a letdown. I still think we need to continue donating of course, but the monstrous money bombs can take a backseat at least until they prove they will put that money to good use.

The Revolution

We should instead send the bulk of our donations to brilliant campaign efforts that already exist. This is a free market campaign and so we should act like it. Ron Paul’s message is clear on this topic. The market knows better than centralized bureaucracy. So let’s let the market decide what is worth supporting, and then maybe the Campaign will work to catch up in order to increase their revenue. Had we focused, we could have professionally made commercials running in every state, millions would have received letters and DVD’s. We should support the Revolution. There are a LOT of wonderful efforts underway but are grossly underfunded. That is where we should focus. We need to act like there is no media and there is nobody else campaigning for Ron Paul, because effectively this is already the case.

idiom
12-20-2007, 12:38 AM
We need to be thinking about California and other monster states. The offical campaign will have real issues tackling them effectively where we are already there and spread out.

JiMMy_247
12-20-2007, 12:45 AM
You're right. We need to pick up efforts where the campaign almost certainly wont work. I'm actually from SC, our primaries are only a week after NH and we haven't gotten ANY tv ads here yet. They are right to focus on the first two states and we should too, since they set the tone for the rest as well as showing his electability to the timid voters in other states.. but leaving out the others wont help anything.

Antonius Stone
12-20-2007, 12:49 AM
We need to be thinking about California and other monster states. The offical campaign will have real issues tackling them effectively where we are already there and spread out.

we've got a lot of Ron Paul sleeper voters out here. trust.

the only person San Fransisco loves more than Ron Paul is Dennis Kucinich- and they're not competing against each other in the primaries

Luft97
12-20-2007, 12:57 AM
The Official Campaign

I’m sure all of us have at some time been shaking our heads in disbelief of the moves undertaken by the official campaign staff. The choices they make have consistently been mind boggling. I’m not going to rant on about all the nonsense-believe me there’s plenty. I, like many others, have held out hope they would finally do something that would be impressive. After those first two commercials came out I was in complete shock. Now the infomercial is out. The concept is perfect. The topical nature is definitely the way to go. So why… WHY does it look homemade? It’s not like it’s awful, I just had really high hopes for this thing. They have millions of dollars and had many months to get this one thing perfect-at least close to it. This is a minor example really; time and time again though, Kent Snyder’s campaign operation is a bit of a letdown. I still think we need to continue donating of course, but the monstrous money bombs can take a backseat at least until they prove they will put that money to good use.

I agree 100%, It would be nice if they could (would) pick up someone that will add a real pulse to the official campaign.

Liberty Star
12-20-2007, 12:57 AM
We need to use our time effectively without investing too much time on low rated RP bashers but perhaps should go on the offensive once in while when some key figure in MSM tries to distort things to smear Ron Paul, ignore the rest. They are in attack mode and more attacks will be coming RP's way as his grass roots campaign success continues to gain momentum across America. But we need to be judicious in time expenditure in critical weeks ahead and weigh benefit of every action we take.

I can be for carrying on campaign at grass roots level as if media doesn't exist, especially the old media is not worth much of our time. For maximum effect, perhaps we should make use of sympthetic segments of media without giving too much time and attention to rest of talking heads who are usually Monday morning QBs anyways.

But I don't think we need to see this campaign as groups, it is our revolution and we are all one team, official campaign has done a good job. We need to figure out ways to find more synergy among various parallel efforts, everyone is trying to do their best on various parallel tracks. Kudos to all who are making things happen in any capacity.