PDA

View Full Version : March to get the vote out

Ball
12-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Here at OLFD, we've been brainstorming on how to get out the vote. I've made tghe suggestion that all MeetUp groups ought to march a day or two before the primary (before they monitor the polls). I was thinking each group could plot their own march winding through their own little nook of NH and chant general slogans like "Take our country back!" or "Bring our troops home!".

I'd like input on this idea.

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 12:27 AM
Might not be a bad idea as long as we maintain the messege of Dr Paul and not even if you believe in 9/11 truth bring it up under the banner of Ron Paul

european
12-20-2007, 12:30 AM
i think every meetup group should go door to door on a daily base, handing out slim jims and just try to get new people in. if every meet up group can convert 1 person a day, you do the math about the amount of new supporters we will get before the elections :D

Ball
12-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Might not be a bad idea as long as we maintain the messege of Dr Paul and not even if you believe in 9/11 truth bring it up under the banner of Ron Paul

Well, I was leaning towards more general chanting which doesn't even mention Ron directly, but is nonetheless highly suggestive. We would all have our huge Ron Paul signs though :D

Things like:

"Save the dollar!"

"Bring our troops home!"

"The buck stops here!"

etc. (feel free to add to the list!)

Ball
12-20-2007, 12:40 AM
i think every meetup group should go door to door on a daily base, handing out slim jims and just try to get new people in. if every meet up group can convert 1 person a day, you do the math about the amount of new supporters we will get before the elections :D

Uuuh, yea, they had better be doing that. My tired-ass has been going door-to-door ever since it got here.

The proposition is to have a march a day or two before the primary to get people off their ass and vote!

Antonius Stone
12-20-2007, 12:44 AM
well, my idea for the moment is having a Peace March in remembrance of Gandhi on JAN30th. No signs, no banners, nothing intense or crazy, just everyone wear a white R[ƎVO˩]UTION shirt and carry a candle for peace.

Ball
12-20-2007, 01:06 AM
well, my idea for the moment is having a Peace March in remembrance of Gandhi on JAN30th. No signs, no banners, nothing intense or crazy, just everyone wear a white R[ƎVO˩]UTION shirt and carry a candle for peace.

Well, this is about getting people to think about voting just before the primary.

That might be a good fund raising idea for the $20m goal, but I'd like to keep on topic.