PDA

View Full Version : Hateful Youtube Commenters

oreosx11
12-20-2007, 12:06 AM
Hey, i was just wondering if anyone else looked at the profiles of some of these people posting hateful messages to people questioning or even bashing ron paul... this was the profile that first tipped me off: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=benedictive

from a comment on this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ln5zGFkZ4M

the website this guy's profile links to is just an advertisement... this stuff is terrible, im really not one for speculation or conspiracies, but other campaigns paying to make paul's supporters really seem like bad people?

V-rod
12-20-2007, 12:10 AM
Back in July when Ron Paul only had raised 2.4 million and was still way below the radar, there were many trolls around then. It's just ignorance, and we have to do our best to combat it.

oreosx11
12-20-2007, 12:15 AM
well thats what im trying to show, i know there are trolls out there, of course... but the profile of this one guy (i havent been looking into the long enough to find other similar profiles) suggests that there's something else going on with these disrespectful commenters

tomveil
12-20-2007, 01:16 AM
Probably just trying to get hits onto his site. The easiest way to do that is to troll around Ron Paul videos and stirring it up.

Although I wouldn't doubt if this is the Old Media's next big RP piece.

all J's in IL for RP
12-20-2007, 03:27 AM
The practice of pretending to be supporters of one candidate while working for another is common enough. It was exposed to the public at large during Nixon's Watergate scandal. They're called ratfuckers or mindfuckers (a conveniently fowl enough word to be kept out of most family publications). Agent provocateurs are those who will physically attend events, blend in with the otherwise well meaning supporters of a candidate, and use subtle crowd psychology to misdirect the group into doing something stupid, embarrassing or illegal to reflect badly on the candidate. The internet has made it infinitely easier to infiltrate a campaign.

This is a real election, people, let's not just pass it off as crazy internet folk.

kushaze
12-20-2007, 03:46 AM
I have had the most trouble with the hardcore Gravel supporters. The flat out call you an idiot for supporting Ron Paul. I try to be overly nice to make them look like the bad guy.