PDA

View Full Version : "Common Sense" Money Bomb - Jan 10.

hueylong
12-20-2007, 12:00 AM
January 10th is the Anniversary of the printing of "Common Sense", Thomas Paine's seminal leaflet that galvanized opinion in the Colonies and helped stiffen the resolve that led to the revolution.

Of course we're going to raise as much as we can on 12/31 to close out the 4th Quarter, hopefully with more than 20 million....

But how about a moneybomb on January 10th? The Ron Paul "Common Sense" Moneybomb.

The 10th is a Thursday, two days after the New Hampshire primary.

What do ya'll think?

Huey

Omnis
12-20-2007, 12:30 AM
It's pretty soon, but that would be AWESOME. Common Sense > MLK.

Zero Ice
12-20-2007, 01:01 AM
I think this is the best money bomb idea I have heard since the tea party! It runs perfectly with the theme of the founding fathers and the Constitution.

"He that would make his own liberty secure must guard even his enemy from oppression; for if he violates this duty he establishes a precedent that will reach to himself."

- Thomas Paine

Isn't that quote awesome compared to what America is doing today?

"That government is best which governs least."

- Thomas Paine

jenius
12-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Bad idea. I love Tom Paine but obscure holidays = ZERO recognition.

Bilgefisher
12-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Bad idea. I love Tom Paine but obscure holidays = ZERO recognition.

This is true, but 99% of the media will be reporting MLK parades, not money bombs. Better to pick a day that isn't fighting for air time.

Australia_for_RonPaul2008
12-20-2007, 03:59 AM
Dec 31st is too soon and people need to actually work to donate the money.

Jan 17th Ben Franklins B'day is the day I believe.

They need to spend the money before Dec 31st and having a bomb on that day isn't practical.

It is practical however to keep donating to go over $20M before Dec 31st and then let people focus on Jan 17 to have 1 month to get the word out and build up new donors and have those first donors from Dec 16th come back, tell other people etc.

Dec 31st is less than 2 weeks away... it's a nice idea but it's too harsh hitting people up twice in a month. 1 x moneybomb per month and continual normal donations is the key.

francioshouse
12-21-2007, 06:19 PM
Visit Regional Money Bomb (http://www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html) for a list of already established money bombs.