PDA

View Full Version : Some of Tancredo camp heading our way....

JAHOGS
12-19-2007, 11:55 PM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/denver/sprengelmeyer/archives/2007/12/slim_chance_tancredo_remains_i.html

Bout mid way down it talks about him dropping out and some of his people supporting other candidates.

itsnobody
12-19-2007, 11:55 PM
We need to get them to support Ron Paul

PimpBlimp
12-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Be nice to them

justinc.1089
12-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Try to encourage them to support Paul. McCain, Huckabee, Romney, and Giuliani are all bad on border issues. Paul is not.

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-19-2007, 11:59 PM
Tank was my 2nd choice. He is solid as hell. I still hope for him as Ron's VP. RP should offer him the position if he endorses him.

Needless to say, I will welcome his supporters with open arms here on the forums and into my bosom.

RP is the only contender even remotely close to Tank on immigration

colecrowe
12-20-2007, 12:00 AM
Duncan said he also got a call from former Mass. Gov. Mitt Romney's campaign asking him to help put rumors to rest about Tancredo's pending withdrawal from the contest. Rep. Ron Paul's campaign called another longtime Tancredo supporter, Craig Halverson, director of the Minuteman Civil Defense Corps and the group Citizens for Tom Tancredo, to recruit him into their campaign.

"I'm shocked," Halverson said. "All the work and all the time we put in. We're shocked. We thought he was going to go all the way."

Halverson said he would wait for the official word, "then I'm going to jump on the bandwagon of Ron Paul."

This would be amazing. We could get half his supporters.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 12:02 AM

WOW!! Great...but what's the source?

dsentell
12-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Any idea how to get in touch with these folks? I wanted to tell them that I love Tom and was originally a supporter. (The only reason I defected was because I heard the Ron Paul message!).

That is the truth . . .

DealzOnWheelz
12-20-2007, 12:03 AM
Sounds like Tancredo may end up over here on the forums

justinc.1089
12-20-2007, 12:04 AM

5 more people? lol :p

Sorry Tancredo people out there I had to do it. :(:)

I hope they will support Paul now. I think they should since Paul is just as sincere about securing borders as Tancredo, and that was Tancredo's big issue.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-20-2007, 12:09 AM
There had to be a reason he officially asked for a clarification from Ron Paul on the immigration issue to disavow the Lew Rockwell letter stating minutemen as racists...etc.

He is preparing....I'm starting to believe he will give RP his endorsement and is trying to debunk an issue for his supporters.

I dunno, it just seems like where that road is going.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 12:11 AM
There had to be a reason he officially asked for a clarification from Ron Paul on the immigration issue to disavow the Lew Rockwell letter stating minutemen as racists...etc.

He is preparing....I'm starting to believe he will give RP his endorsement and is trying to debunk an issue for his supporters.

I dunno, it just seems like where that road is going.

Well I think Ron Paul makes it clear that he does support assimilation, but not policies to force it onto to people

Dequeant
12-20-2007, 12:11 AM
Tancredo is a good man, of which there are few left in washington. I even called his campaign after the florida debate to compliment him, and express my sincere wishes that they'd given him more airtime to explain his views. He and Paul both got shafted that night, but they're the only 2 that actually answered what few questions the had honestly.

I normally take offense when someone takes a jab at Ron Paul, but he looked so sincere and honest in his conviction of an opposing view, i wasn't offended in the least.

daikonv
12-20-2007, 12:12 AM
Well it would be huge news. Not only would it give the spotlight to Dr. Paul, but it would give a doorway for other big name figures to come out and publically endorse Ron Paul. Something like an endorsement bomb if you want to put it in RPF-speak. We would not only get Rep. Tancredo's supporters, but also other people who still don't know much of Ron Paul. Right now I think we just need the snowball at the top off the hill to start tumbling down.

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
The one downside to this would be the whole Tancredo racist stuff, and the boycott of the Univision debate. This added on to the white supremacist stuff might not look great. But then again, the media will paint it however they want.

itsnobody
12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Well it would be huge news. Not only would it give the spotlight to Dr. Paul, but it would give a doorway for other big name figures to come out and publically endorse Ron Paul. Something like an endorsement bomb if you want to put it in RPF-speak. We would not only get Rep. Tancredo's supporters, but also other people who still don't know much of Ron Paul. Right now I think we just need the snowball at the top off the hill to start tumbling down.

Yeah it should propel him to win the nomination and the presidency

Mark Rushmore
12-20-2007, 12:15 AM
The one downside to this would be the whole Tancredo racist stuff, and the boycott of the Univision debate. This added on to the white supremacist stuff might not look great. But then again, the media will paint it however they want.

Ha, you sure you shouldn't be worried about Tancredo fearing to endorse Ron Paul cause he doesn't wanna endorse a "Stormfront Supported Nazi who dines in Arlington with his fellow racist buddies"? ;) Like you said, media is media and we'll get no favors either way.

Lord Xar
12-20-2007, 12:18 AM
Tancredo was second on my list.

He is a cool cat and spoke truth.

AND, HE IS NOT CFR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Why do you think he is ignored too!

RPsupporterAtHeart
12-20-2007, 12:19 AM
Ha, you sure you shouldn't be worried about Tancredo fearing to endorse Ron Paul cause he doesn't wanna endorse a "Stormfront Supported Nazi who dines in Arlington with his fellow racist buddies"? ;) Like you said, media is media and we'll get no favors either way.

Exactly, I don't believe any crap about RP being racist, and I don't know enough about Tancredo to say for or against his view. I want him to endorse RP. Perhaps more would follow,... Governor Sanford, Pat Buchanan, Mitt Romney ;)

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-20-2007, 12:29 AM
Tancredo's pro-war, Paul's not getting the endorsement. My money's on Fred.

davidhperry
12-20-2007, 12:32 AM
We need to get Chris Simcox on board as well. Does anyone know where we are with that?

ksuguy
12-20-2007, 12:34 AM
He was probably my second choice in the republican field. I didn't really agree with him on all the foreign policy stuff, but he was pretty good on the issues I cared most about.

Delaware
12-20-2007, 12:35 AM
Tancredo and Paul are real friends, besides the war, how can Tancredo not endorse Paul

JustAnotherV
12-20-2007, 01:14 AM
We get a chunk of his supporters defecting to us because of Ron's solid secure borders and no amnesty stances, but NOT the official endorsement. Tancredo has engaged in too much fear-mongering to mesh well. It would not be the end of the world but I don;t think an endorsement would help much (nor do I think he would give it, since he's too far the other direction on the war).
I'd be much happier with +2% in Iowa that a lot of pissed off members of the Hispanic community who might otherwise support us if they are legal and want others to follow a legal path. Ron's message has been about the rule of law and ending incentives but NOT about blaming or scapegoating, which is more friendly than Tancredo's. I hope it stays that way.

Benaiah
12-20-2007, 01:22 AM
We need to get Chris Simcox on board as well. Does anyone know where we are with that?

I thought he endorsed Huckabee already.

cien750hp
12-20-2007, 01:29 AM
Tancredo's pro-war, Paul's not getting the endorsement. My money's on Fred.

immigration is his main issue though. and it also he'll most likely take into account whether the guy is a good guy and honest to his word, doing what he thinks is right for the american people. they are both two of the few good politicians and both strong on immigration, i think he'll endorse paul.