PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Campaign Hires California State Coordinator

stephens
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Just got this in my inbox:

December 19, 2007

Reflecting Ron Paul's status as a rising contender for the Republican presidential nomination, his campaign is hiring new staff around the country. In California, Holly Clearman has been hired as the Ron Paul campaign's California State Coordinator.

"I am honored to be a part of this campaign," said Holly Clearman, a third generation Californian and former schoolteacher. "I'm thrilled to do whatever I can." Clearman explained that she has been a fan of Dr. Paul's since 2002, when she heard him speak on C-SPAN. She has been the Southern California State Coordinator since October, and is now ready for the challenge of delivering the entire Golden State for the Texas congressman in the February 5th primary. "I believe the campaign is going well here in California," Clearman stated. "We have a lot of visible, boisterous supporters, but there is still a lot of work to do."

Ron Paul's campaign has significant, growing support in the state of California. In addition to over six hundred registered volunteers in San Diego County, the Texas Congressman has several thousand registered volunteers in California, including over six hundred in Los Angeles County, and six hundred in the Bay Area. He finished second in the Southern California Republican Straw Poll on December 6th, following his first place finish in the Fresno County Republican Straw Poll on November 15th.

Holly Clearman may be reached at holly@ronpaul2008.com.

daikonv
12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
thanks! I sent Holly and email to get more information on becoming a delegate.

austin4paul
01-06-2008, 10:28 PM
To help improve communication in California (or elsewhere), please join the campaign's precinct leader's program, aka grassroots central. You can find others in your precinct and county and help the campaign get the vote out by reporting back supporters you've identified in your precinct.

Click here to sign up for Precinct Leader's program (http://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassrootscentral.test/signup.php?r=tishjo1234@yahoo.com)

Bradley in DC
01-06-2008, 10:30 PM
thanks! I sent Holly and email to get more information on becoming a delegate.

California is a primary state. I'm pretty sure Dr. Paul filed his slate of delegate candidates to get on the ballot a long while ago.

Promontorium
06-12-2010, 03:52 AM
Why is this still stickied? It was irrelevant weeks after it became news. If this is the singular event in all of California since 2008, then this sub forum should just be deleted.

pacelli
06-12-2010, 06:39 AM
Just got this in my inbox:

She has been the Southern California State Coordinator since October, and is now ready for the challenge of delivering the entire Golden State for the Texas congressman in the February 5th primary. "I believe the campaign is going well here in California," Clearman stated.

<>

He finished second in the Southern California Republican Straw Poll on December 6th, following his first place finish in the Fresno County Republican Straw Poll on November 15th.

Why is this still stickied? It was irrelevant weeks after it became news. If this is the singular event in all of California since 2008, then this sub forum should just be deleted.

I have no idea, but there is a message here when we look at the actual results of the California primary.

Ron Paul took 4% of California. Even though he finished first in the Frenso Co Straw Poll, he still finished 4th place in that county during the actual primary.

The message I'm getting from this is that straw polls mean absolutely nothing, at least for RP.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/county/#CAREPMAPprimary

sailingaway
06-12-2010, 11:35 AM
I have no idea, but there is a message here when we look at the actual results of the California primary.

Ron Paul took 4% of California. Even though he finished first in the Frenso Co Straw Poll, he still finished 4th place in that county during the actual primary.

The message I'm getting from this is that straw polls mean absolutely nothing, at least for RP.

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/primaries/results/county/#CAREPMAPprimary

I wonder what the new election rules in Ca for primaries would mean. Do they apply to presidential elections? I know those are somewhat different.

libertybrewcity
06-12-2010, 05:16 PM

im sure it was important in 2007...

libertybrewcity
06-12-2010, 05:18 PM
I wonder what the new election rules in Ca for primaries would mean. Do they apply to presidential elections? I know those are somewhat different.

I know in some places like SF non-Republicans are able to vote for republicans and vice versa with the other parties and independents. This could help ron paul win the primary, especially because many people in california are registered dems but like ron paul.

anaconda
06-13-2010, 03:21 AM
huh?

sailingaway
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
huh?

In California now (until court challenge) you can vote for any candidate in any party then only the top two (which might both be from the same party) will be on the ballot. Goodbye to third parties (I think the Libertarian party is suing in fact) but IF it works for presidential elections it might actually benefit Ron Paul were it in other states (Ca is too liberal he'd just win regions.)

But the Constitution has some requirements for the Presidential race so I don't know if it will apply.

Also, the GOP was making noises about going to caucuses if the law passed so that may happen as well.

I don't mind open primaries but I think too few get on the ballot already. Why only two?