PDA

View Full Version : Militia Duty: Defend. Co-operate. Prepare.

LinuxUser269
07-08-2007, 03:07 AM
Just wanted a thread on what to do if things go wrong. So post your thoughts.

The militia, when properly formed, are in fact the people themselves!

"Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
— Tench Coxe, 1788.

The meaning of "militia"

The word "militia" is a Latin abstract noun, meaning "military service", not an "armed group" (with the connotation of plurality), and that is the way the Latin-literate Founders used it. The collective term, meaning "army" or "soldiery" was "volgus militum". Since for the Romans "military service" included law enforcement and disaster response, it might be more meaningfully translated today as "defense service", associated with a "defense duty", which attaches to individuals as much as to groups of them, organized or otherwise.

When we are alone, we are all militias of one. When together with others in a situation requiring a defensive response, we have the duty to act together in concert to meet the challenge. Those two component duties, of individuals to defend the community, and to act together in concert with others present, when combined with a third component duty to prepare to do one's duty and not just wait until the danger is clear and present, comprises the militia duty.

Real courage is found, not in the willingness to risk death, but in the willingness to stand, alone if necessary, against the ignorant and disapproving herd. — Jon Roland, 1976

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 03:13 AM
I think we have a better chance of electing Ron Paul.

DXDoug
07-08-2007, 03:23 AM
Start a America's Militia Forums maybe for a start.
get a website.

Either of those and il enlist :)

If we stand for Freedom we cant lose with that message

LinuxUser269
07-08-2007, 03:27 AM
I think we have a better chance of electing Ron Paul.
Guess i needed to emphasize::rolleyes:

third component duty to prepare to do one's duty and not just wait until the danger is clear and present, comprises the militia duty.;)

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 03:28 AM
I think everybody's afraid of an extreme civil rights movement. We'd have to gain momentum to succeed, and at that point, there's likely to be more support to elect Ron Paul then to start a militiaristic civil rights movement.

DXDoug
07-08-2007, 03:30 AM
I think everybody's afraid of an extreme civil rights movement. We'll have to gain momentum to succeed, and at that point, there's likely to be more support to elect Ron Paul then to start a militiaristic civil rights movement.

True True. We Need to continue with that support though to the next canidate some how.. This would be the best way to continue our amount of votes in Elections and to win more elections. Id say thats probably what we need to do before a militia.

dseisner
07-08-2007, 03:35 AM
...we need to learn from Ghandi. We don't have the expertise or organization to ban together against the military in a violent fashion. But what we do have is the ability to perform civil disobedience. If millions of us banned together and marched to the White House and didn't move until they gave us back our country, we would have a much better chance I think. Nevertheless, I'm saving up for an M-16 just in case I need to protect my own home.

LinuxUser269
07-08-2007, 03:48 AM
We have the duty to act together in concert to meet the challenge.

May our signs be our swords our mouths our artillery and our voices ammunition.

I just made that up.:) ..I think .:confused: ....got to look to see if its been said nope nothing on google:D

DjLoTi
07-08-2007, 03:54 AM
got to look to see if its been said...

I've been told I sound like Patrick Henry. ;) :)