PDA

View Full Version : ***** Important Forum Announcement *****

Bryan
12-19-2007, 10:01 PM
Please read and follow the forum guidelines. Any threats (even jokes) of violence will get you banned here- already two down tonight.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=22

Some recent violations are highlighted:

+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

+ No promotion of illegal activities.

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to relational which often result in disruption, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ Topics posted in the wrong sub-forum are subject to being moved or deleted. Please understand the sub-forum division before starting a new topic. Suggestions for new sub-forums are always welcome. Reason: Leads to most effective use of users resources.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

+ No posting of graphically offensive material. If there is a valid reason that relates to the campaign as to why something graphic is of value then post a link to the content and provide a clear warning adjacent to the link explaining the issue.

+ Floods of low-value material may be subject to being moved into an alternate sub-forum or deleted. More tolerance will be allowed for established members. Reason: Excessive low value posts dilute users time spent on the forum just reading topic threads.

+ No posting of others personal contact information.

+ No posting of any proclaimed campaign announcement that is not supported with a link to the campaigns homepage or other directly verifiable source.

+ Promoting agendas alternate to the platform of Dr. Paul will have allowances for established members. Controversial topics should focus on facts whenever possible.

+ Use relevant and descriptive topic titles. Poorly titled messages may be renamed. Reason: Respect time of other users.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

+ Ad hominem attacks on other candidates and their support groups are discouraged. This is not a moderatable offense for established users but will have low tolerances for non-established users. All are encouraged to address other candidates with their proper name. Reason: This activity is discouraged as it can be used to generate a negative image for our support community.

+ Care should be used when soliciting money for some effort to support the campaign as it is totally possible that a scam artist will be looking to take advantage of the good nature of Ron Paul supporters. If you're going to do anything that will solicit taking money you'd be wise to make sure you have some established credibility within the community that matches what you expect. If you don't have that, try to set up some arrangements with a third party that does that so people send money to the trusted third party who make sure it goes where intended.

Use this icon to report issues: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif

Thanks!

Cheers! :)

Mandrik
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
Amen

ctb619
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
bump

fortilite
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I got my warning earlier today. :o

Ron Paul Fan
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Great idea. Let's take our marching orders from the Forum Constitution.

webber53
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Please read and follow the forum guidelines. Any threats (even jokes) of violence will get you banned here- already two down tonight.

+ Posting of direct or inferred threats of violence against other people or property that is not your own is completely unacceptable by any user and subject to immediate banning.

+ Insulting or personally attacking other users is not allowed by any member. There is very little tolerance for violations, particular for new members. Reason: Insults lead to relational which often result in disruption, which dilute the resources of members and the intent of the forum.

+ Off-topic posts - Posts that do not relate to the threads intent are subject to being deleted.

+ Topics posted in the wrong sub-forum are subject to being moved or deleted. Please understand the sub-forum division before starting a new topic. Suggestions for new sub-forums are always welcome. Reason: Leads to most effective use of users resources.

+ Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

+ If you are to be critical of another users ideas or message please do so in a respectful manner. It is possible to discuss your points as to why you feel the way you do, ideally you should include alternate suggestions or acknowledge you have none.

+ No posting of graphically offensive material. If there is a valid reason that relates to the campaign as to why something graphic is of value then post a link to the content and provide a clear warning adjacent to the link explaining the issue.

+ Floods of low-value material may be subject to being moved into an alternate sub-forum or deleted. More tolerance will be allowed for established members. Reason: Excessive low value posts dilute users time spent on the forum just reading topic threads.

+ No posting of any proclaimed campaign announcement that is not supported with a link to the campaigns homepage or other directly verifiable source.

+ Promoting agendas alternate to the platform of Dr. Paul will have allowances for established members. Controversial topics should focus on facts whenever possible.

+ Use relevant and descriptive topic titles. Poorly titled messages may be renamed. Reason: Respect time of other users.

+ No promoting of campaign tactics or other activity that grossly counter the morals or ethics of Dr. Paul.

+ No excessive / pointless negativity on the campaign, its future or elements of it. All messages with a negative tone about the campaign from new users must provide supportive facts as to why there is a perceived negative and provide some suggested solutions to the issue.

+ Ad hominem attacks on other candidates and their support groups are discouraged. This is not a moderatable offense for established users but will have low tolerances for non-established users. All are encouraged to address other candidates with their proper name. Reason: This activity is discouraged as it can be used to generate a negative image for our support community.

+ Care should be used when soliciting money for some effort to support the campaign as it is totally possible that a scam artist will be looking to take advantage of the good nature of Ron Paul supporters. If you're going to do anything that will solicit taking money you'd be wise to make sure you have some established credibility within the community that matches what you expect. If you don't have that, try to set up some arrangements with a third party that does that so people send money to the trusted third party who make sure it goes where intended.

Use this icon to report issues: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/gfx_RedWhiteBlue/buttons/report.gif

Thanks!

And Amen!

Vendico
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
lol I knew this was coming. I figured they'd just ask us all to move to the Hot Topics forum or something.

Oliver
Amen

+1

But I hope tweaking noses in terms of sarcasm will still be allowed, isn't it?

- Oliver "The Rascal"

Vendico
oh, and sticky this!

Shink
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Looks like a mixed bag, but whatever. I know it's no cakewalk doing what you mods do.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-19-2007, 10:06 PM
nt

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 10:08 PM
Thank you

Give me liberty
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
amen and also we cant use such these words can we?

F**?
Or s** :p

literatim
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Thank you!

PimpBlimp
12-19-2007, 10:10 PM
This forum is no longer the wild west

hillertexas
12-19-2007, 10:11 PM
nice :)

subdefective
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Thank you for this..

thechitowncubs
12-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Hear ye, hear ye fellow Paulians!

hawkeyenick
12-19-2007, 10:15 PM
Like the USAPATRIOT act, this is vague and easily abused by those in charge.

1913_to_2008
12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
ok

HazardPerry
12-19-2007, 10:17 PM
:( This means I will have to shelve one of my favourite activities...I was really attached to my mittens...they were so warm and fuzzy (and intended for cold little children who feel articulation is not a priority); those mittens reminded me (often) of childhood...like a dog-eared copy of ol' Huckleberry Finn I once owned. I feel like I owned that thing a hundred times over... Now the moderation ghouls will be after my sarcasm. But it is for the best. Turn the other cheek, golden rule, all that. And I suppose, when it comes down to it, Representative Dr. Ronald E. Paul, M.D. has more frills than the other guys anyway ;)

Bravo, Mods.

jmunjr
12-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Bryan, you are a Fascist Neo-Con! :)

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Very positive move that will help us all focus on getting Dr. Paul elected.

Bravo!

Thanks, Mod!

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-19-2007, 10:20 PM
Ahoy!!!

Vendico
12-19-2007, 10:21 PM

lol

Oliver
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM

:D It's true! :D :p

Shink
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
If sarcasm leaves this board, so do I.

InRonWeTrust
12-19-2007, 10:25 PM
"No promotion of illegal activities."

Like refusal to pay income taxes?

I will also point out that Ron has many pro-marijuana supporters, so I hope this rule will not be applied to things such as drugs or prostitution, since Dr Paul favors legalizing those activities.

Oliver
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM

That would be very sad, indeed. Any official comment
about tweaking noses via sarcasm? :confused: (Would sarcasm
be seen as a personal attack?)

Chester Copperpot
12-19-2007, 10:26 PM
I take it that talk of tarring and feathering people is now out of the question? heh

PatriotOne
12-19-2007, 10:27 PM
Hey Bryan. Does this include all the troll attacks on the so-called truthers? I ocassionally report them but never see anything done about it. Or are we open season for the trolls and non-believers?

Ron Paul Fan
12-19-2007, 10:29 PM
If sarcasm is banned then I cease to exist. I have never received an infraction so I think sarcasm is ok.

quickmike
12-19-2007, 10:30 PM

Can we still carry guns in town?

PatriotOne
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
btw Bryan....who were the two who bit the dust out of curiosity?

LibertyForAll
12-19-2007, 10:31 PM
bump

slantedview
12-19-2007, 10:34 PM
wow, lot of rules but very nice. tnx.

Bradley in DC
12-19-2007, 10:37 PM
Let's take our marching orders from the Forum Constitution.

That was pretty funny. :)

Josh and Bryan rule!

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
12-19-2007, 10:38 PM
Can we have a "logic" rule?:D

Bradley in DC
12-19-2007, 10:40 PM

Unlike the USA PATRIOT Act, you come here by choice. :p

Bryan
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
No sticky?
No one reads the stickies. :p

That depends upon your definition.

True, but just about the same for everything else-- even the Bill of Rights. Still, these guidelines have carried us here since May under the same administration. Further, changes to the guidelines are largely under the command of the forum community- you can work to have them changed.

:p Blowback for everything, huh? Yeah, sorry I didn't call you about the game.

Sarcasm will no longer be allowed on February 30th.

Who said the income tax was legal? :)

Hey Bryan. Does this include all the troll attacks on the so-called truthers? I ocassionally report them but never see anything done about it. Or are we open season for the trolls and non-believers?
Not open season. I haven't seen them so keep flagging. Sorry, the mod team isn't always perfect.

Can we still carry guns in town?
That's why we have a "Bearing Arms" section. :)

btw Bryan....who were the two who bit the dust out of curiosity?
Not important. :)

Bryan
12-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Can we have a "logic" rule?:D

Explain? But you'll have to convince the forum members here...:)

Bradley in DC
12-19-2007, 10:46 PM
Explain? But you'll have to convince the forum members here...:)

Just make sure you base all of your appeals on thoughtless emotion. :D

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 10:54 PM
oh, and sticky this!

Just keep blimping it. It will not get read in the stickies.. It won't seem controversial enough:D

Best Regards
Randy

PatriotOne
12-19-2007, 10:55 PM
Not open season. I haven't seen them so keep flagging. Sorry, the mod team isn't always perfect.

I hope your mods know that. If not, perhaps you can send them a note? The trolls come out from their low-post count rocks every chance they get to stir the pot. Not to mention a few of the established ones that should of been banned a long time ago..

Bradley in DC
12-19-2007, 10:56 PM
Just keep blimping it. It will not get read in the stickies.. It won't seem controversial enough:D

Best Regards
Randy

RANDY!

When they said they banned two people already, I was afraid I wouldn't see you anymore. ;)

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 11:01 PM
RANDY!

When they said they banned two people already, I was afraid I wouldn't see you anymore. ;)

After sledgehammering my way through a bunch of disinfo clowns, insults for dummies readers, assorted trolls from others campaigns or just the ole internet itself and the various MSM pandering, pimping and primping threads I have pissed on in attempting to stop the pyromaniacal tendencies.. I trooly am surprised too!:D

Best Regards
Randy

me3
12-19-2007, 11:03 PM
After sledgehammering my way through a bunch of disinfo clowns, insults for dummies readers, assorted trolls from others campaigns or just the ole internet itself and the various MSM pandering, pimping and primping threads I have pissed on in attempting to stop the pyromaniacal tendencies.. I trooly am surprised too!:D

Best Regards
Randy
Thanks for the laugh. Good one.

nathanmn
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Lay down the law! Do what you need to to keep this place positive and productive!

free.alive
12-19-2007, 11:08 PM
Never enthused about a bunch of rules. I'd suggest you whittle this down to 10 - 10 Bill of Rights, 10 Commandments, 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto (?). Seriously, though, there are some good and necessary things in here, but I'm ADHD and don't even have the patience to read a list of don'ts and thou-shalt-nots so long.

And define what it means to be an "established" member.

Think less is more. Great job on the moderating, by the way.

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the laugh. Good one.

I like it better when Reagan looks at me like Joe Friday after a beer than that cartoon doll thing you had before. You carry more "weight" when I read you..heh.. I always read Inbo's posts with a W C Fields accent. "Ah yes..my little chickadee. RP was a resounding smash yesterday in Concord. I think I will have a little drink to that.."<downs half a quart>

Best Regards
Randy

jmunjr
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Are we still allowed to RickRoll ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Lay down the law! Do what you need to to keep this place positive and productive!

And arm them cruise missiles for point targetted strike. Round up them hustlers and off to the hoosegaw with them..or is that Gitmo now.. Anyways..Batten down the hatches and make that scurvy dawg walk the plank. Tie the bosun to the yardarm.. Smack that kid like a red headed step child if he don't shut up and eat his ritalin. Hold that line. Block that kick.

How far down do you want the law to lay?

HTH
Randy

PatriotOne
12-19-2007, 11:20 PM

Best Regards
Randy

LMFAO!

I too was worried about you Randy. And then your green light was out when I panickingly went to go check to see if you were online. I was VERY relieved when I went to go find an email for you that you were greenlighted again :D.

I truly was prepared to go next because shit was going to hit the fan if the best troll patroller was booted ;).

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 11:21 PM
Are we still allowed to Rickroll ?

Personally. That is the one offense I would find bannable. It is not amusing AT ALL. The world would be better off if less and less people heard of him. Seriously.. This is bacterial and gross in nature and has no culturally redeeming qualities at all. Since I can't ban anybody I can take that position..the board owners would be unwise to. However..whomever does it should get flamed severely by the entire thread base. If it is not subsidized by amused drooldonkeying giggles it will disappear from the forum.

Best
Randy

Bryan
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Just make sure you base all of your appeals on thoughtless emotion. :D
Got it. :)

I hope your mods know that. If not, perhaps you can send them a note? The trolls come out from their low-post count rocks every chance they get to stir the pot. Not to mention a few of the established ones that should of been banned a long time ago..
Noted.

RANDY!

Rev9 has been 1/2 a syllable away from being banned... ;)

Never enthused about a bunch of rules. I'd suggest you whittle this down to 10 - 10 Bill of Rights, 10 Commandments, 10 planks of the Communist Manifesto (?). Seriously, though, there are some good and necessary things in here, but I'm ADHD and don't even have the patience to read a list of don'ts and thou-shalt-nots so long.
The trade-off here is being verbose vs. being specific. It the guidelines were any less specific we'd tread more into the issue that Hawkeyenick brings up in that they'd be vague and easily abused. For examle, the rules could just be summed up as "Don't be disruptive" - but that's pretty vague, so the elements are enumerated.

That's a good question- basically it's someone who has proven to contribute positively to the campaign or this forum. It doesn't have to do with post counts or date joined.

Oliver
12-19-2007, 11:25 PM
Personally. That is the one offense I would find bannable. It is not amusing AT ALL. The world would be better off if less and less people heard of him. Seriously.. This is bacterial and gross in nature and has no culturally redeeming qualities at all. Since I can't ban anybody I can take that position..the board owners would be unwise to. However..whomever does it should get flamed severely by the entire thread base. If it is not subsidized by amused drooldonkeying giggles it will disappear from the forum.

Best
Randy

Ditto here - RickRoll is battery and should be banned
immediately for even mentioning him. It's like the
"leave Britney alone"-guy starting to sing! :D

Ron Paul Fan
12-19-2007, 11:26 PM

YES! More regulation! More moderation! FREEDOM IS ABOUT AUTHORITY! Freedom is the willingness of every forum member to cede to the moderators a great deal of discretion about what they do!

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 11:28 PM

Think less is more. Great job on the moderating, by the way.

Don't worry. If yer ADHD you won't be able to do any rule infraction in such a sustained capacity as to get banned. Kinda like Alzheimers patients can hide their own easter eggs..

HTH
Randy

Bryan
12-19-2007, 11:31 PM
Are we still allowed to RickRoll ?

They can be flagged as off-topic. Largely, it will depend upon what sub-forum is RickRolled, post it in Official Campaign News and it'll be gone with a dozen flags. Post it in your local area sub-forum where it's a standard practice and you'll be fine.

:)

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 11:36 PM
Rev9 has been 1/2 a syllable away from being banned... ;)

)

Good thing I know lots of multisyllabics..Does that pass the logic rule?

When yer designated unoffical sargeant at arms the duties at heated intervals require outside the box postings..Now things are calmed down I will go enjoy a phatty at the unoffical sargeants mess..which seems to be my room currently..

Luv Ya Pal!*
randy
*(But not in that wet octopodicus way that beck wanted to drool on RP)

Paul.Bearer.of.Injustice
12-19-2007, 11:42 PM
I'm assuming Glenn Beck related topics are exempt from the charter under matters of national security.

AlexAmore
12-19-2007, 11:50 PM
Whatever happened to letting the market decide? What happend to checks and balances? Why are you the decider?

May the civil disobedience commence!

lol j/k

I got my warning earlier today.

Join the club :p

ctb619
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM
bump

cujothekitten
12-20-2007, 12:56 AM
bump

ctb619
12-20-2007, 12:58 AM
sticky this

StateofTrance
12-20-2007, 01:02 AM
Excellent. A ban list would be great!

mkrfctr
12-20-2007, 01:08 AM
I'm still waiting on some cookies, or cake, or pie or something similar.

And those plus signs sure look like math. I was promised there would be no math.

ctb619
12-20-2007, 01:26 AM
bump

derdy
12-20-2007, 01:30 AM
Thank you Bryan! This is a common tactic of COINTELPRO which is used to undermine a movement by advocating violence.

I'm working on an article ATM that I hope you admins will sticky so we can learn and understand the past of goverment infiltration and takeover of movements and how we can protect ourselves and learn from these events.

Thanks again for this thread!

BLIMP!

Thanks!

MsDoodahs
12-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Bump.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 09:57 AM

This forum is private property. If we don't like the rules, we are free to start our own forum.

That said, the rules seem completely fair to me.

cero
12-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I'm tired of all the trolling

Jobarra
12-20-2007, 10:00 AM
Thank you Bryan. Please sticky this thread.

speciallyblend
12-20-2007, 10:04 AM
blimpin,but im curious ,if the gop ignores ron paul and doesnt nominate him,will it be against forum rules to vote for hillary:) teasin but omg just the thought makes me want to ban myself hehe

MsDoodahs
12-20-2007, 10:16 AM
bump

jarofclay
12-20-2007, 10:20 AM
blimped and wtb a sticky

Anti Federalist
12-20-2007, 10:31 AM
From the Moses list:

Glenn Beck can say on national television he wants to kill Michael Moore.

Pat Robertson can call for, on national television again, the open assassination of another nation's president.

But we proles better straighten up and play by the rules.

sparebulb
12-20-2007, 10:36 AM
I've been warned twice after some back and forth blatantly not started by me. This feel-good policy will further shield the worst offenders and shackle truthful rebuttal by the rest of us.

If the mods don't watch out, this place will turn out to be as gay as John Edwards's hair salon. But as previously mentioned, it's your toy and you can take it away. We can always find somewhere else.

yongrel
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I've been warned twice after some back and forth blatantly not started by me. This feel-good policy will further shield the worst offenders and shackle truthful rebuttal by the rest of us.

If the mods don't watch out, this place will turn out to be as gay as John Edwards's hair salon.

I object to this post on so many levels.

Cardinal Red
12-20-2007, 10:44 AM
I would love to see these rules be strongly enforced so that all of us wishing to have positive conversations about Dr. Paul's strategy and message can do so without pointless interruption!

IRO-bot
12-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Considering I leave the Troll thrashing to experts such as Randy, stay out of the 9/11 stuff (aside from my sig). These rules seem pretty common sense to me. Be nice and have fun. That's what Ron Paul says.

constituent
12-20-2007, 11:05 AM

I will also point out that Ron has many pro-marijuana supporters, so I hope this rule will not be applied to things such as drugs or prostitution, since Dr Paul favors legalizing those activities.

those activities aren't illegal, the "laws" that claim to prohibit them are....

good to hear from you again Bryan, been a little while, excellent EXCELLENT Houston Video!!!!!

I added it to ronpaulnation.com, not sure if it's been updated to freeme.tv yet or not...

i'll see you on the 23rd!

Bryan
12-20-2007, 11:05 AM
Luv Ya Pal!*
randy
*(But not in that wet octopodicus way that beck wanted to drool on RP)
Back at ya. :)

I'm assuming Glenn Beck related topics are exempt from the charter under matters of national security.
Explain?

Excellent. A ban list would be great!
Why? Can you explain the value, please?

IAnd those plus signs sure look like math. I was promised there would be no math.
We'll try to do better next time. :)

Thank you Bryan! This is a common tactic of COINTELPRO which is used to undermine a movement by advocating violence.

I'm working on an article ATM that I hope you admins will sticky so we can learn and understand the past of goverment infiltration and takeover of movements and how we can protect ourselves and learn from these events.
Thanks, looking forward to seeing it.

blimpin,but im curious ,if the gop ignores ron paul and doesnt nominate him,will it be against forum rules to vote for hillary:) teasin but omg just the thought makes me want to ban myself hehe
I'm not sure what you're saying, "doesn't nominate"? That makes no sense... :p:)

From the Moses list:

Glenn Beck can say on national television he wants to kill Michael Moore.

Pat Robertson can call for, on national television again, the open assassination of another nation's president.

But we proles better straighten up and play by the rules.
National television is outside my jurisdiction. But they are guidelines, not rules.

The guidelines apply for all so I'm not following how this will happen- please explain.

If the mods don't watch out, this place will turn out to be as gay as John Edwards's hair salon. But as previously mentioned, it's your toy and you can take it away. We can always find somewhere else.
These guidelines have served us for over 600,000 posts- they have been the same, nothing is new, nothing is being taken away, this is just a reminder of those guidelines.

I would love to see these rules be strongly enforced so that all of us wishing to have positive conversations about Dr. Paul's strategy and message can do so without pointless interruption!
Please flag posts that you see not as being enforced. Keep in mind the follow info to keep your topics more constructive:

How to promote your project here without feeling beat up
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=29365

There is a lot of useful information at the top section "Start Here" (incuding the guidelines, the only stickied thread).
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104

Anti Federalist
12-20-2007, 11:13 AM
Bryan wrote:

These guidelines have served us for over 600,000 posts- they have been the same, nothing is new, nothing is being taken away, this is just a reminder of those guidelines.

My mistake.

I'll admit to skimming over the forum rules when signing up back whenever, I had assumed that these were a new plethora of rules to comply with.

Carry on...

Revolution9
12-21-2007, 10:11 AM

No it won't. I am living, posting proof of that. I am gonna get the worst offenders. I have already toasted dozens and have their heads on my trophy mantle. Truth is allowed to be used a blunt cudgel. Anything else is suspect.

Best Regards
Randy

parke
12-21-2007, 10:40 AM
bump

JoshLowry
12-21-2007, 11:34 AM
bump

Bryan
01-05-2008, 12:30 AM
Bump

Benaiah
01-05-2008, 12:30 AM
tag

Benaiah
01-20-2008, 09:38 PM
bump

pinkmandy
01-20-2008, 09:41 PM
Love it! I'd send it to all new members, too upon joining as well as making it a stickie on every forum.

trey4sports
01-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Bryan The mod,

i must tell you, im a regular on several forums, stretching from Car audio to Cannabis and you are my fave mod by far!
you keep this forum up pretty well, especially with the influx of traffic we have been getting and all the billionare hype. keep up the killer work! :)

UtahApocalypse
01-20-2008, 09:49 PM
bump.... everyone needs to read this

Kregener
01-20-2008, 09:52 PM
Any form of antagonizing other members is not allowed by non-established members.

Two questions:

1. So, antagonizing other members is allowed by established members?

2. Define "established" member.

;)

freelance
01-20-2008, 09:54 PM
YES! More regulation! More moderation! FREEDOM IS ABOUT AUTHORITY! Freedom is the willingness of every forum member to cede to the moderators a great deal of discretion about what they do!

This is certainly preferable to the original quote.

phree
01-20-2008, 09:58 PM
It's nice to see the emphasis on running this board like a business and not like a pseudo nation.

ecliptic
01-20-2008, 10:03 PM
They can be flagged as off-topic. Largely, it will depend upon what sub-forum is RickRolled, post it in Official Campaign News and it'll be gone with a dozen flags. Post it in your local area sub-forum where it's a standard practice and you'll be fine.

That is the most awesome rickroll policy I have ever seen! Humor LIVES!

Seriously, the moderation isn't half bad around here. And as always the best way to think of a forum is this: act as if you are sitting in the Paul living room discussing things over a nice cup of cocoa, and maybe having a few delicious home-baked cookies. And yes there are "old people" in the room and you better show some respect!

{ muttering: "young whippersnappers!" }

Mark
01-20-2008, 10:57 PM
Guidelines? Lines that guide.. as in... lines of text?

There are lines of text that guide.. ?

oh...

krott5333
01-20-2008, 11:00 PM

this is a biggie for me. I'm tired of misleading thread titles.

Think of yourself like a newspaper writer.. summarize your post in your title.

expatriot
01-20-2008, 11:22 PM

OMG!!!!! THIS IS SO COOL WE JUST GOTTA HAVE IT! :D:):D:)

A Seriously Good Idea those of us out on the end of flaky and feeble connections
will appreciate.

Not too keen on additional forum code, but it works:cool:

Bryan
01-20-2008, 11:31 PM
Bryan The mod,

i must tell you, im a regular on several forums, stretching from Car audio to Cannabis and you are my fave mod by far!
you keep this forum up pretty well, especially with the influx of traffic we have been getting and all the billionare hype. keep up the killer work! :)
Thanks- it's much appreciated- I'm just trying to do my part for the r3VOLution. :)

Two questions:

1. So, antagonizing other members is allowed by established members?

2. Define "established" member.

;)

I'd offer this writing by constituent as an excellent overall description- let me know I'd you'd like more info:

when folks are familiar w/ a poster, they can sometimes understand (even play off of) antagonism... sometimes it's fun, sometimes not so fun, but often (when used properly) adds to the thread and overall experience...

however, when a newbie shows up, no one knows if the antagonism is meant to be friendly jibes or if someone is being a jerk... if you're in unfamiliar territory, it's best to play it safe...

pure and simple.

That is the most awesome rickroll policy I have ever seen! Humor LIVES!

Seriously, the moderation isn't half bad around here. And as always the best way to think of a forum is this: act as if you are sitting in the Paul living room discussing things over a nice cup of cocoa, and maybe having a few delicious home-baked cookies. And yes there are "old people" in the room and you better show some respect!

{ muttering: "young whippersnappers!" }
:) Thanks- good advice.

Guidelines? Lines that guide.. as in... lines of text?

There are lines of text that guide.. ?
It is true! Amazing, amazing-- isn't it? :)

Exactly- please flag them. We fix all we can.

phree
01-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Did this thread get moved to Hot Topics yet?

hueylong
01-21-2008, 03:32 PM
Thank you.

tamor
01-21-2008, 03:34 PM
Thanks for detailed reminder

Mark
01-21-2008, 04:08 PM

That is SUCH a QFT! It's so frustrating that some people seem to put the least amount of information in the title as possible.

Think of yourself like a newspaper writer.. summarize your post in the title

Ricochet
01-21-2008, 04:38 PM
I won't miss misleading thread titles.

Fields
01-21-2008, 04:53 PM
I got my warning earlier today. :o

I got one last night too. :rolleyes:

phree
01-22-2008, 09:30 AM

I would like to believe this...