PDA

View Full Version : The problem is US !!!

MadViking10
12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Not us as in every Ron Paul supporter. Not us as in the campaign. The problem is us as a group of people in support of a man and his message.

The message is popular. It will never get any better than a message that takes us back to the roots of the most powerful and free nation ever.

The problem however is that with this message we draw from across the political, religious, educational and monetary classes. We have people supporting Ron Paul from the FAR LEFT to the FAR RIGHT. Some are quiet and some are way too loud. This problem makes it extremely difficult to connect with the center. I believe, based on my meetup group and people Ive met, MOST of us are a members of this CENTER. The LOUD supporters make it easy for us ALL to be dismissed easily. They are cannon fodder for anyone that wants us to be defeated. The only way we will win is to drown out these FEW LOUD people and get the CENTER to support the good Dr.

Almost every day I go from proud to embarrased to be part of all this. I know in my heart that the VAST MAJORITY of Ron Pauls supporters are good and decent people. I'm absolutely sure that I am not alone.

PLEASE, let's drown out these few loud people that can be the DECIDING FACTOR in VICTORY or DEFEAT for Ron Paul and the future of the United States of America.

adwads
12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
troll

haha, j/k :)

Psyclone
12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
What is it that the loud people are saying to which you object? What sort of message would help us with people in the middle?

hueylong
12-19-2007, 09:38 PM
A valid concern. Every single RP supporter needs to be sincere, humble and polite.

Way too much arrogance, rudeness and strident posturing.

Huey

N13
12-19-2007, 09:39 PM
Freedom is a bitch, let's get some FEMA police on this problem pronto.

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 09:39 PM
PLEASE, let's drown out these few loud people that can be the DECIDING FACTOR in VICTORY or DEFEAT for Ron Paul and the future of the United States of America.
Isn't that Oxymoronic to our message.

"The will of the majority cannot protect the individual. "

Let them speak. As long as they get the word from Dr. Paul, we are fine.

JPFromTally
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I've done a lot of thinking about this and Dr. Paul is teaching us a lesson about freedom, true freedom...

That it can be beautiful but not perfect.. and that lack of perfection is what will lead some to accept tyranny.

American
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I'm done doing "my part" I will vote for RP when time comes but until I see some of that money being spent I am not going to work my ass off, donate then to see these third rate ads being produced.

His message is golden but I need to see something coming out of the official campaign.

nevildev
12-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Let everyone speak. A powerful part of Ron Paul's message is that every American is free. Free to live, speak, and do whatever they choose. That message resonates and can resonate to the "center" of America.

Anti Federalist
12-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Fuck the "center": they are the reason we are in this mess in the first place.

The "center" likes Mitt and Hill or whomever the the self anointed flavor of the moment is.

The "center" says we should calm down, shut up and "negotiate".

No mover or shaker in history was ever part of the "center".

richk
12-19-2007, 09:52 PM
A valid concern. Every single RP supporter needs to be sincere, humble and polite.

Huey

QFT

Ron Paul Fan
If Barry Goldwater were here he would remind us that extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! And he'd also like to remind us that moderation in the pursuit of justice is no virtue!

MadViking10
What is it that the loud people are saying to which you object? What sort of message would help us with people in the middle?

I'd start with people that promote violence against people that dont agree with us. That would eliminate a large number.

I'd then go on to the ones that are racists and driven by hate. This group cannot and will not ever be on a winning team.

Then I would drown out the foul mouthed people that spend half their day on this and other forms spewing their petty agendas.

Ron Pauls opponents and the media absolutely love these people. They make for an awesome attack point and sell commercials.

If we could just make these fringe elements disappear, Ron Pauls message would be and easy sell.

What I do not know is how exactly we can do this. :(

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 09:53 PM
In a democracy, 51% can do whatever they want to the 49%. The 49% have no rights. We don't live a democracy. Not once did the Founding Fathers mention democracy. We live in a Constitutional Republic. In a Constitutional Republic, 99% of the people cannot take away the rights of 1% of the people. We cannot silence anyone because that would be abusing their first amendment rights. Every Ron Paul supporter is a good and decent person. Just because you don't agree with them doesn't mean they're scumbags.

ChristopherBearkat
12-19-2007, 09:55 PM

Huey

+1

Myerz
12-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Not us as in every Ron Paul supporter. Not us as in the campaign. The problem is us as a group of people in support of a man and his message.

The message is popular. It will never get any better than a message that takes us back to the roots of the most powerful and free nation ever.

The problem however is that with this message we draw from across the political, religious, educational and monetary classes. We have people supporting Ron Paul from the FAR LEFT to the FAR RIGHT. Some are quiet and some are way too loud. This problem makes it extremely difficult to connect with the center. I believe, based on my meetup group and people Ive met, MOST of us are a members of this CENTER. The LOUD supporters make it easy for us ALL to be dismissed easily. They are cannon fodder for anyone that wants us to be defeated. The only way we will win is to drown out these FEW LOUD people and get the CENTER to support the good Dr.

Almost every day I go from proud to embarrased to be part of all this. I know in my heart that the VAST MAJORITY of Ron Pauls supporters are good and decent people. I'm absolutely sure that I am not alone.

It's ok to recognize a problem......it does no good if you don't bring a solution to go along with it. Should the TOO loud people be censored, maybe we could put dog collars on them and when they get TOO loud....ZAPP them! Sounds free to me.

I hear you...I think if we are nice, polite, courteous, and respectful when can be as load as we want.

Dave Pedersen
12-19-2007, 10:00 PM
This is the same old crap about catering to the spineless promoted by those who can only understand the spineless from their own spineless perspective.

If anyone thinks Ron Paul is just the best choice among many they also will remain spineless and have no real conviction about anything other than "don't rock the boat" and "we need the msm on our side".

I'm really sick of people who claim to be for freedom doing everything they can to dilute and diminish the principle of freedom right here among us. If I offended anyone then apparently the shoe is fitting.

Get some pride and backbone and determine to stand tall or step aside. We the people are not a social club. We the people are the greatest nation on the face of the Earth and never EVER forget it.

Truther and proud of it..

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
This is the same old crap about catering to the spineless promoted by those who can only understand the spineless from their own spineless perspective.

If anyone thinks Ron Paul is just the best choice among many they also will remain spineless and have no real conviction about anything other than "don't rock the boat" and "we need the msm on our side".

I'm really sick of people who claim to be for freedom doing everything they can to dilute and diminish the principle of freedom right here among us. If I offended anyone then apparently the shoe is fitting.

Get some pride and backbone and determine to stand tall or step aside. We the people are not a social club. We the people are the greatest nation on the face of the Earth and never EVER forget it.

+1

Whatever happened to "I may detest what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"?

MadViking10
12-19-2007, 10:07 PM

And If I offend you then apperently the shoe is fitting as well. I believe that winning this election is more important than me or any agenda. AMERICAN CITIZEN and proud of it.

subdefective
12-19-2007, 10:08 PM
QFT

Alright, I give. What does this mean?

fedup100
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Isn't that Oxymoronic to our message.

"The will of the majority cannot protect the individual. "

Let them speak. As long as they get the word from Dr. Paul, we are fine.

Thank you and so non loud spoken yet so eloquent.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Don't forget. It was because of people like Alex Jones that Ron Paul decided to run in the first place. Ron Paul's original supporters were the Alex Jones people. They took the campaign off the ground. There would be no Ron Paul rEVOLution without the Alex Jones people. Trevor Lyman is an Alex Jones guy. There would be no money bombs without the Alex Jones people. Truthers are a fundamental part of the Ron Paul movement. Even if every supporter was an angel, the mainstream media would still find something to make Ron Paul look like a kook. They're grasping at straws and scraping at the bottom of the barrel because there is no dirt on Ron Paul.

Cleaner44
12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
All voters should chose their candidate not by carefully researching him or her, but instead examining the candidates supporters. Then if they agree with each and every supporter they should consider voting for the candidate. At that point they should make sure that the candidate looks presidential and tells them what they want to hear, regardless of wether it makes sense or not.

This is why I live by the mantra "Give me a candidate with supporters exactly like me!"

Vendico
12-19-2007, 10:19 PM
Alright, I give. What does this mean?

Quoted For Truth :p

subdefective
12-19-2007, 10:21 PM
Quoted For Truth :p

Ahhh! Thank you! :D

MadViking10
12-19-2007, 10:23 PM
All voters should chose their candidate not by carefully researching him or her, but instead examining the candidates supporters. Then if they agree with each and every supporter they should consider voting for the candidate. At that point they should make sure that the candidate looks presidential and tells them what they want to hear, regardless of wether it makes sense or not.

This is why I live by the mantra "Give me a candidate with supporters exactly like me!"

I'm pretty sure "each and every" would eliminate voting for anyone.

Cleaner44
12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm pretty sure "each and every" would eliminate voting for anyone.

This is true. I was hoping that would demonstrate the absurdity of my statement.

RP=RonPaul=RedPill
12-19-2007, 11:04 PM
Nobody is perfect. No campaign will ever be full of angels. We're just being targeted. Huckabee's supporters can be seen as bigots, and naiive. Guiliani's supporters can be seen as uninformed and shallow. Romney's supporters can be seen as cheaters.

It is of no use to silence anyone. Self-censorship helps pave to road to fascism. We will be targeted no matter what. Wouldn't it be creepy if every Ron Paul supporter was an absolute angel?

westmich4paul
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM

Truther and proud of it.. Same point could be made for restraint. I as an American have the freedom of speech but I do not walk into a house of worship and yell #$%^ &**. I restrain myself or police myself as you might call it out of respect for myself. I try to act like a mature adult so my kids will see a good role model and know also how to conduct themselves. Just become I claim to be for freedom doesn't mean I have to act like a raving lunatic. Nor does it give you the right to tell me how I should act. The point this person is making is exactly that, we cannot dictate how others act but the fact is we are here for a reason and that is helping win the candidacy for Presidency for Ron Paul. Without him most of us would be sitting around knowing we would never even be in this damn election process. So show a little class, be a little humble, and don't forget to wear your WWRD bracelet.

torchbearer
12-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Another apologist. If it wasn't for US, you would have never heard of Ron Paul. Go back to your bridge, try again.

MadViking10
12-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Another apologist. If it wasn't for US, you would have never heard of Ron Paul. Go back to your bridge, try again.

This is one of the points I am trying to make. I didn't hear about Dr. Paul from you or because of you. I heard about him because of him and what he is trying to do for this country. I dont want to go back to my bridge. (whatever that means.) I want him to win.