PDA

View Full Version : Who else?

Brandybuck
05-20-2007, 01:42 AM
Winning the presidency is necessary, but not sufficient, to secure out liberty. Don't get me wrong, I'll be doing a dance in the street if Ron Paul wins! But we need to take back congress, the senate and our states as well.

It's still very early for the election, but we need to find similarly minded people running for all available offices and back them. While I love the Libertarian Party, we need to be realistic. Ron Paul has shown that running in one of the two major parties gets you a lot more exposure. So let's look for Ron Paul Republicans and Ron Paul Democrats to back in the primaries. Afterwards, if only the statists win their nominations, we can then support the LP and independent candidates.

Let's not send Ron Paul to Washington DC alone!

mdh
05-20-2007, 08:48 AM
Nice thought. In all honesty, I think if Ron Paul can win the presidency, he can get a lot more libertarian-minded folks elected come the mid-term congressionals in 2010. Congressional elections are actually a lot tougher to win in many places around the US due to incumbent entrenchment with no term limits.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 09:41 AM
I was thinking that if we didn't succeed here, we should pick a few races around the country to target. But not too many, lest we spread our resources too thin. There are likely already some good candidates we could support, and we could be just the thing to put them over the top.

It'd be a shame to lose this organization, and we'll know where we stand by spring of '08.