PDA

View Full Version : For all of you Glen Bleckt lovers: I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!

sparebulb
12-19-2007, 09:28 PM
Yesterday, I predicted on this forum that within 24 hours of RP's appearance on Glen Bleckt's show, Glen Bleckt would insult and twist RP's words. Well, not only am I correct, it is FAR worse than even I predicted.

Thanks to member OptionsTrader's post with this link, h ttp://www.patgray.com/podcasts/121907Hour2.mp3, Glen Bleckt has done the following:

Accused RP followers of being nazis

Accused RP of knowingly endorsing this alleged violence towards Bleckt

Accused RP of being basically senile for not knowing that turd Jonny Sutton's name.

Wanting to get RP "on the record" with knowing the source of these alleged threats clearly implying that RP personally made the alleged threat

Fabricating some story that he had additional damning evidence that he did not show to RP to "get him on the record" regarding the alleged threats

Accusing all RP supporters of being extremists

Accusing RP of knowingly advancing Bleckt's execution if elected

Laughed at, ridiculed, misrepresented, and belittled RP and all of his followers

Made no mention of any of the content of the interview that he feigned to agree with RP on the issues

Laughed when asked if he would support RP and then said he would support Romney

You people that wanted this interview so badly with Bleckt sure got it. Bleckt is insuring that this will be a bitter harvest.

Birdlady
12-19-2007, 09:29 PM
I knew this would happen too but people need to learn for themselves.

familydog
12-19-2007, 09:30 PM
Troll.

jd603
12-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Hahahha, Glenn Beck is doing his job, he's a paid propagandist, how else does someone get $45m for what he does?

I'm surprised the show he ran that night was so fair...

Apparently his contract holder was not happy with it? Or maybe someone else? Did he really do/say all of this?

Or maybe Glenn Beck just has a mental disorder?

JPFromTally
I am no attorney but they are bordering on libel here... To add insult to injury at the end Glenn brings up government intrusion into civil liberties and financial havoc... but he endorses Romney?!?!?

Green Mountain Boy
Glenn Beck converted countless people to Ron Paul by having him on last night. You don't have to like the guy, but it's quite obvious from accounts of people who talked to friends and family who watched the show.

Chester Copperpot
12-19-2007, 09:32 PM
Do we have video to confirm these allegations? I would like to see proof of these accusations

NewEnd
12-19-2007, 09:32 PM
So what, the interview was fantastic.

And I am a Beck hater

yongrel
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Eh, it's insignificant.

A great deal of people got to see Ron Paul speak for about 30 minutes last night (1 hour minus commercials and Beck's blather), so I count that as a win.

I thanked beck for giving Ron a decent interview, and nothing more. I don't think anyone is surprised by Beck's behavior today, considering that it is Glenn beck we're talking about.

Nonetheless, it wasn't at all a disaster of an interview. It will benefit Ron Paul.

Liberty Star
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I never liked him, he is a useless tool.

literatim
12-19-2007, 09:34 PM
It wasn't about Glenn Beck. It was about getting the message out to his viewers.

dircha
Do we have video to confirm these allegations? I would like to see proof of these accusations

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60742

Poster's characterization isn't entirely accurate.

amy31416

Same here.

daikonv
who says they love beck, i sure dont. but, regardless of who he supports, he gave dr. paul an hour of media attention and was very polite. the interview was a plus in gaining new supporters so i don't see why we're complaining about it

Shink
12-19-2007, 09:35 PM
Until I hear someone tell me in person they saw this and are now donating and voting in the primaries for Ron, I'll stay in the 'told you so' camp as well.

Oliver
12-19-2007, 09:36 PM
Yesterday, I predicted on this forum that within 24 hours of RP's appearance on Glen Bleckt's show, Glen Bleckt would insult and twist RP's words. Well, not only am I correct, it is FAR worse than even I predicted.

Thanks to member OptionsTrader's post with this link, h ttp://www.patgray.com/podcasts/121907Hour2.mp3, Glen Bleckt has done the following:

Accused RP of being basically senile for not knowing that turd Jonny Sutton's name.

Wanting to get RP "on the record" with knowing the source of these alleged threats clearly implying that RP personally made the alleged threat

Fabricating some story that he had additional damning evidence that he did not show to RP to "get him on the record" regarding the alleged threats

Laughed at, ridiculed, misrepresented, and belittled RP and all of his followers

Made no mention of any of the content of the interview that he feigned to agree with RP on the issues

You people that wanted this interview so badly with Bleckt sure got it. Bleckt is insuring that this will be a bitter harvest.

That's it. Now I apologize to Glenn Beck as well. :D
[/cynicism]

sparebulb
12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
Familydog and Mike,

I hope that audio is good enough for you. Read my post and listen to this link graciously previously posted by OptionsTrader.

http://www.patgray.com/podcasts/121907Hour2.mp3

Go to approx 23:00 to catch the interview with Bleckt. Bleckt even sarcastically ridiculed those that emailed him that complemented him on such a fair interview.

I'm awaiting your apology Familydog.

Mark37snj
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
I was going to take down my "Boycott Glenn Becks Sponsors" event from my meetup but did not get around to it yet. Who says lazziness does not come in handy. :D

Now I will make sure to extend it and add his new comments to the list. ;)

familydog
12-19-2007, 09:42 PM
Familydog and Mike,

I hope that audio is good enough for you. Read my post and listen to this link graciously previously posted by OptionsTrader.

http://www.patgray.com/podcasts/121907Hour2.mp3

Go to approx 23:00 to catch the interview with Bleckt. Bleckt even sarcastically ridiculed those that emailed him that complemented him on such a fair interview.

I'm awaiting your apology Familydog.

Apology? You're a troll. Plain and simple. I'm not sure why you and some others are so obsessed with Glen Beck. It seems...rather unhealthy.

Duckman
12-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Luckily, Beck wanted to sell us his book. THAT'S THE ONLY reason he gave Ron Paul a good interview.

sparebulb
12-19-2007, 09:50 PM
Apology? You're a troll. Plain and simple. I'm not sure why you and some others are so obsessed with Glen Beck. It seems...rather unhealthy.

Obviously you haven't listened to the link or you don't have the capacity to understand the content. It is humorous that Bleckt insults those such as you that unhealthily licks his boots.

Mandrik
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
This audio is hilarious. He's "shocked" that RP isn't familiar with every single thing his supporters do or say.

They are bringing the fight to us, not so much to RP. Because RP's message brings so many different types of people to his fold, he is somehow to blame. Madness.

familydog
12-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Obviously you haven't listened to the link or you don't have the capacity to understand the content. It is humorous that Bleckt insults those such as you that unhealthily licks his boots.

Haha even more trolls. I listened to the link and I'm not suprised by any of it. It's some in this forum that are naive to think this wouldn't come out of his mouth. Do some research about Beck and maybe you'll see. By the way, what's your secret? You seem to know a lot about me without even knowing me. :rolleyes:

chipvogel
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
Is there a way to find out how many times Glenn Beck has been reported to Google ads for violating their terms of service?

McDermit
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Before joining this board, I had never even heard of Glen Beck.

sparebulb
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Haha even more trolls. I listened to the link and I'm not suprised by any of it. It's some in this forum that are naive to think this wouldn't come out of his mouth. Do some research about Beck and maybe you'll see. By the way, what's your secret? You seem to know a lot about me without even knowing me. :rolleyes:

You have effectively revealed that you are an idiot with a deficit in reading and listening abilities. You appear to be confused on the issues and lash out at others with better comprehension. Get help.

Cleaner44
12-19-2007, 10:07 PM
Beck is a tool and we used him to gain more supporters last night. Our gain.

No need to thank him or any other tools for doing their job, they don't care what we think anyway. The only thing they want from us is viewers, listeners or web traffic for their advertisers. I suggest we do not visit his website, watch his show live or listen to him live.

Funny thing is that Beck pretends to be a libertarian and then supports a globalist like Romney. Beck is a phoney with no integrity.

walt
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Is there a way to find out how many times Glenn Beck has been reported to Google ads for violating their terms of service?

ask the great god vijay - he knows everything :rolleyes:

ChristopherBearkat
12-19-2007, 10:34 PM
It's like he watched this forum right after the interview, saw all the bad crap and went right back at it. Completely forgetting that none of us actually have anything to do with the official campaign.

That said, the more I listen to this ... the more I feel like an ass for thanking him for a fair interview.

transistor
12-19-2007, 10:36 PM
i knew this would happen too. i wish people on this forum would let HQ decide which programs to do and which not to do. the appearance on glenn beck and the view were both huge wastes of time

Devil_rules_in_extremes
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
How does Glen Beck really know it's a Ron Paul supporter on the internet saying something bad about him? You can't tell a damned thing about anybody on these forums, in all reality.

VRP08
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
I can't stand GB! I never liked him ever since his first show.

I'm not surprised or mad or anything, actually. This is just how GB operates and always has.
Still, I know that people do want to believe in the good in people. And sometimes we don't realize the fakeness, like GB, he is just good at it. BUT he did us a huge favor and that's all it matters. We got what we wanted and now it's time to move on.:D:D:D

ChristopherBearkat
12-19-2007, 10:48 PM
You know, I never really believed the MSM attacked candidates as if it were some sort of a conspiracy...

I think I just woke up. I think I'm going to be sick.

Good news is that GB just gave Dr. Paul alot of air time....bad news is he might attack us like crazy once we start rolling

MS0453
12-19-2007, 10:56 PM
My favorite part was probably when Beck was talking about how politicians love to pander to extremists, and then he proceeds to finish off the conversation by talking about he'd probably vote for Mitt "Double Guantanamo" Romney.

Lol

Glenn Beck r srs biznezz

familydog
12-19-2007, 11:06 PM
You have effectively revealed that you are an idiot with a deficit in reading and listening abilities. You appear to be confused on the issues and lash out at others with better comprehension. Get help.

I'm an idiot because I don't agree with your assesment? Lol nice. Maybe someday some people on this forum will learn that not everyone agrees with them.

Trigonx
12-19-2007, 11:06 PM
man the other guy talking to beck on the radio is a moron... lol the guy thinks the blimp is flying in Iowa.....

Broadlighter
12-19-2007, 11:08 PM
I wathed the interview on YouTube.

I thought Glen Beck treated Ron Paul very well, but spent the last part of the interview attacking Ron Paul's supporters.

This is how these pundits work. If the interviewee is a public figure, treat him kindly on your show, but take him down a few notches on account of his supporters.

It's entertainment for his regular audience and its other intention is to create a gap between the candidate and his supporters. Don't give Glenn Beck the benefit of that.

wgadget
12-19-2007, 11:09 PM
Newsflash: ALL of these talking heads are ENTERTAINERS. They just happen to keep up with politics, but their number one job is ENTERTAINER. Beck's plan was to get all the RP supporters listening to his show today and then to slam us against the wall. These guys come off so schizophrenic.

Of course, there's also the issue of them being shills for the Establishment, but that's the part we're not supposed to know. We have awakened.

Just be happy we got the interview and move on.

familydog
12-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Newsflash: ALL of these talking heads are ENTERTAINERS. They just happen to keep up with politics, but their number one job is ENTERTAINER. Beck's plan was to get all the RP supporters listening to his show today and then to slam us against the wall. These guys come off so schizophrenic.

Of course, there's also the issue of them being shills for the Establishment, but that's the part we're not supposed to know. We have awakened.

Just be happy we got the interview and move on.

Fair enough.

RonPaulCult
12-19-2007, 11:17 PM
Yeah well whatever - I don't know who heard this radio interview but I know Ron Paul was on a national cable news channel for a full hour last night (and repeated a few times) and many people saw him.

With each national exposure his viewpoints are heard by more people. Ron Paul defended himself and his views extremely well last night.

Despite GB being a d-bag I would still push to have Ron Paul on his radio show.

MS0453
12-19-2007, 11:18 PM
How does Glen Beck really know it's a Ron Paul supporter on the internet saying something bad about him? You can't tell a damned thing about anybody on these forums, in all reality.

Because Glenn Beck reads the blogs. He knows these things.

JustAnotherV
12-19-2007, 11:22 PM
I listened to that clip and you are making it sound worse than it is. GB is a little two faced and yeah he was saying some borderline insulting things but basically it's just lame. I bet half the people with shows on TV would tlak like that casually. All I care about is what got aired to a much broader audience.

thomaspaine23
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
I put the podcast on Digg. Let's see if some of glenns sponsors like the heat?

digg the story

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/What_Glenn_Bleck_REALLY_thinks_about_Ron_Paul

ecliptic
12-19-2007, 11:25 PM
People are wising up. People are fed up. More and more people realize how useless the lamestream media is anymore. Yet Ron Paul just handles them so darn well...

I have to say it appears to me that "all publicity is good publicity" kinda applies here...

... and Glenn Beck always was a tool.

We are experiencing intensified opposition. Good sign!

Bring it on.

rwl4
12-19-2007, 11:40 PM
Has anyone rated his book yet? ;-) It's the least we can do.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1416552197

Electric Church
12-19-2007, 11:43 PM

Precisely. That whole thing was a farce. Why should I believe what this establishment stooge has to say about death threats? The whole thing was probably staged. That’s who and what they are, actors on a stage. Everything is planned and scripted. Why are so many people so gullible to believe that these creeps are sincere?

The whole purpose of this interview was to divide the movement and discredit its followers. I was against Ron Paul going on this show from the beginning but it doesn’t matter because the truth will prevail. Every time they try to discredit Ron Paul and his supporters they’ll only suffer from “blowback”.

michaelwise
12-19-2007, 11:46 PM
Glen beck is playing a dangerous dangerous game. He is a 12 year old bipolar child. He knows we are on the precipitous of financial Armageddon, yet would choose to continue down our current path. He would prefer that we continue down that path while laughing at our destruction.

Who does he think he's dealing with. Mindless drones? What is his solution? Do nothing. What a moron.

Eric23
12-19-2007, 11:55 PM
Who cares? He got Paul air time. I know I'll never watch his godforsaken show again.

Carole
12-20-2007, 12:07 AM
I was polite enough to drop Mr. Beck a thank you note for the interview last night.

This evening I heard part of his radio talk and was so shocked (I did not know who the guy was until last night). What a weirdo and what a phony with a strange agenda. He is truly out there. And he calls Dr. Paul's supporters "Fringe"!!!!

Good grief! The man is unstable. Maybe dangerous since he has so much airtime on the radio and television. Sadly, these kind of phonies and agitators are part of the problem. I would say I do not know how he sleeps at night being so two-faced, but then there is G "Dubya" Bush. Apparently he sleeps well enough.

I truly believe these people have no conscience and are sociopaths, or worse, of the worst kind.

Oh, well. I just sent a new email retracting more or less my first note to him and letting him know what a disappointment he is. I realize that means nothing to one like him, but at least I got it off my chest. Like night and day he is. Never again will I be fooled by him for I will never waste another second of time viewing him. Only reason I tuned in was to see Dr. Paul.

Paul4Prez
12-20-2007, 12:13 AM
I watched the whole interview. It wasn't the best, but a whole hour for Ron Paul on national TV is nothing to complain about.

When people hear Ron Paul speak, they like him, they see he is a man of intellect and integrity, and a little pit of doubt starts creeping into their formerly sheltered world view about those who meticulously crafted that world view for them -- why exactly are they trying to smear this guy, who makes more sense and exudes more basic decency than anyone else I've ever heard from in public life?

Electric Church
12-20-2007, 12:18 AM
I do not know how he sleeps at night being so two-faced...

45 million dollars

beazy
12-20-2007, 12:42 AM
at the end of the podcast glen beck said if he had to choose who he would vote for he would choose romney. now i wonder why , lets see is it because romney's private equity firm, bain capital, has agree to buy the largest radio station owner, clear channel, in the country for $19.5 billion. it just so happens glen beck is syndicated by clear channel.

abers076
12-20-2007, 12:45 AM
what a disgusting display of what the MSM is. oh well, i don't really care. thanks for the air time Glen!

michaelwise
12-20-2007, 12:51 AM
The lesson we learn from this is who our enemies are. I wanted to take on Beck rather than O'Reily because I knew Dr. Paul would be able to get a word in edgewise. Thank You Glenn for the free hour of advertising and the heads up to never let the good doctor go on the O'Reily show again.

Benaiah
12-20-2007, 12:54 AM
Man... Beck sucks.

cicatrice
12-20-2007, 12:58 AM
Is it really necessary to rub this in fellow Ron Paul supporters' faces? *sigh* Who cares.

michaelwise
12-20-2007, 01:06 AM
Take the $20 Million Federal Matching Funds!

This is a media war! It is a minor principle to back peddle on, compared to the fight that lay ahead of us. Some times you just got to say, WTF.

Gordon
12-20-2007, 01:10 AM

Glenn Beck,

Fat, lazy, greasy........Big ball of grease.

michaelwise
12-20-2007, 01:14 AM
Glenn Beck,

Fat, lazy, greasy........Big ball of grease.No, It is better to know who our enemies are like O'Reily who Beck pointed out as a sympathizer of his.

Gordon
12-20-2007, 01:14 AM
at the end of the podcast glen beck said if he had to choose who he would vote for he would choose romney. now i wonder why , lets see is it because romney's private equity firm, bain capital, has agree to buy the largest radio station owner, clear channel, in the country for $19.5 billion. it just so happens glen beck is syndicated by clear channel.

I heared a big chinese company is buying a bain capital division.

Shavenyak
12-20-2007, 01:17 AM
Ron looked great on the Glenn Beck show, that's all that matters. He could have tried to make Ron look much worse, although we saw how that worked for Cavuto this evening.

derdy
12-20-2007, 01:17 AM
We got a bunch of N00Bs and people that like Beck, so it's not that unexpected.

I've denounced the A-hole since day one

Regarding the 'Ron Paul Supporter Threatening Glen Beck's Life" look here:

http://ronpaul.meetup.com/35/messages/1572501/

I'm working on an article at the moment about our movement, where we stand and how it's been infiltrated.

Make no mistake, we have a movement that is hell-bent on overturning the current status-quo. EVERYONE on this forum and in the Ron Paul movement must realize that the status-quo will not go out silently and I intend to point out their dirty tricks and sabatoge of previous political movements.

This is the "Then they fight you stage" and we need to be VERY aware of how they will go about fighting us!

jacmicwag
12-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Beck apparently didn't have the balls to stand up to Paul on the television interview. Good thing for Glenn because he seems to have a bit of that bully/coward syndrome so common in chicken-hawk neos. Ron would chew him up in any type of intellectual argument but why bother. Beck has viewers we need. I think Ron has a genuine dislike for people like Beck and that's why he was avoiding the show. We got what we needed, maybe Beck will awaken down the road but probably not. In the meantime, thanks for the free air time Glenn - you are seriously confused.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 01:44 AM
Yeah, I've seen that guy before. He's a real psycho.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Shouldn't we be able to get him kicked off of there? That threat he made to Beck is pretty bad and he's clearly running around there lying about being a Ron Paul supporter.

skeet
12-20-2007, 02:51 AM
Beck did the same thing to Huckabee. We should just be glad we got a decent interview.

Electric Church
12-20-2007, 05:36 AM
ooooo look at them running to the defense of their poor friend Beck. True Ron Paul supporters.... Wake up!!!! Please use your heads and recognize your enemies. They are very cunning and are like wolves in sheep’s clothing. To me, every time they post they reek to the high heavens.

sluggo
12-20-2007, 05:43 AM
The parable of the old woman and the snake:

There was once an old woman who, while walking down the road one day, happened upon a group of men beating a poisonous snake with clubs. The woman intervened, saving the snake. She took the snake home with her and nursed it back to health. She carried the snake with her wherever she went, caressing it as if it were here child. One day the snake bit her on the neck. As she lay dying she asked the snake, "why have you done this, after I have been so kind to you?" "You knew I was a snake", he replied.

Crickett
12-20-2007, 11:43 AM
I put the podcast on Digg. Let's see if some of glenns sponsors like the heat?

digg the story

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/What_Glenn_Bleck_REALLY_thinks_about_Ron_Paul
Forget putting the podcast up..how about putting a video showing Glen talking about kissing him and agreeing with him. That is what should be up!!

JaredR26
12-20-2007, 11:53 AM
i knew this would happen too. i wish people on this forum would let HQ decide which programs to do and which not to do. the appearance on glenn beck and the view were both huge wastes of time

I don't think so. He converted people on beck. He defended and explained his views on abortion to a very tough crowd on the view, and did fantastic. I think the view was one of the better appearances of the campaign.

thePhilosopher
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM

Wow, you have absolutely no credibility and none of this is true. The interview was great and you owe Beck (Glenn Beck, not "Glen Bleckt") a debt of gratitude if you truly are a RP supporter. Take this crap elsewhere, those of us reasonable people, Beck fans or not, think it was a fair interview (as did the man himself, Ron Paul).

Gimpster
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
My coworker is an AVID beck listener/watcher.. and has been converted into a RP supporter after his TV interview. If Beck really "hates" Paul, then he did nothing but help the compaign the other night.

Look guys, as others have mentioned.. Beck, Hannity, Savage.. all of those guys are paid entertainers. Do you think anyone would listen to them OR they'd make that kind of money if they didn't use some schtick?

FWIW I didn't know who the hell Sutton was either.

crusader
12-20-2007, 12:00 PM
Wow, you have absolutely no credibility and none of this is true. The interview was great and you owe Beck (Glenn Beck, not "Glen Bleckt") a debt of gratitude if you truly are a RP supporter. Take this crap elsewhere, those of us reasonable people, Beck fans or not, think it was a fair interview (as did the man himself, Ron Paul).

Actually, it is true, listen to the link in his post. Not arguing that the interview wasn't good, just stating the truth of what beck has stated after the interview.

dougkeenan
12-20-2007, 12:05 PM
Glenn Beck wants to french kiss Ron Paul.

What does he want to do for Mitt?

winston_blade
12-20-2007, 12:25 PM
Beck is retarded. I didn't even know who Johnny Sutton was. Not everyone rails on immigration everyday like Beck does, so they may not know all the names of the people's involved.

And he wants to kiss RP!??? Yeah, that's mature.

Romney!!!!!???? He's not serious, he can't be. He picks Romney to save the economy? That is a laugh. I agree that Beck can make his own mind up, but he lost a lot of respect from me.

"We need to cut spending big time, but I still want to wage needless wars and give tons of foreign aid to countries in the name of democracy."

Who did that sound like?

Oh yeah, Glenn Beck. Too bad you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Todd
12-20-2007, 12:31 PM

Fantastic:p

Goldwater Conservative
12-20-2007, 12:34 PM
That's okay, we used him for our purposes. If Paul hadn't gone on that hour, that's just one more hour Bleck would have used to smear him.

Derek Johnson
12-20-2007, 12:41 PM
Beck needs a raise, or at least the "Orwell" of the month award.

angelatc
12-20-2007, 12:43 PM

Not to mention they are both Mormons.

JMann
12-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Who the hell is Glenn Beck and why do people on this message board give a crap about what he says? He can't have more than 150,000 viewers on Headline News. This guy is no relevant and to be honest the only place I've ever seen this guy's name is on this board.

michaelwise
12-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I couldn't help myself. I had to fire off an E-mail.

Glen Beck,

You are playing a dangerous dangerous game. You sound like a 12 year old bipolar child? You know we are on the precipice of financial Armageddon yet, you would choose to continue down our current path. You would prefer that we continue down the same path while laughing at our destruction.

Before I discovered Dr. Paul, I was reading and studying about the shortfalls of our national and world economic condition. I called the dot-com bust and watched the subsequent housing bubble in amazement as it grew. I would read the housing bubble blogs and contribute to them voraciously years before it blew. I knew the mother of all housing bubbles would bust, and people like you and others would get what you deserved. The next shoes to drop will be the massive amounts of commercial loan defaults, state worker layoffs, and pension fund busts. I do so enjoy seeing people get what they deserve, for being so apathetic about not being able to do anything about it, and contributing to the mess. I was going to enjoy watching our subsequent destruction, but after learning about Dr. Paul I think, we may just get out of this by the skin of our teeth if we can get him elected.

Dr. Paul will not be able to stop much of our economic destruction. It will happen before the '08 election. What Dr. Ron Paul represents to me is the hope that we could put our country on a sound economic path and get back to our original Constitutional principles, otherwise we can write off our entire country as we know it.

You know as well as I do that the percentage of fringe group supporters of Dr. Paul is quite small. Please do not lump the vast majority of us sane intelligent people in with them. Please see the forest for the trees.

And by the way, who do you think you're dealing with. Mindless drones? What is your solution? Do nothing? Try not to be such a moron. Needless to say, I will not be tuning into your show anymore and will encourage everyone I know to ignore you, until such time as you repent for your disparaging remarks and grow up.

LibertiORDeth
12-20-2007, 12:49 PM
who is bleckt?

reduen
12-20-2007, 12:50 PM
The interview was great plain and simple! Who cares what Beck says?

Mortikhi
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Beck must have bought some dragonskin

DJ RP
12-20-2007, 12:51 PM
I honestly think these media pundits are sociopaths. The way they seem to just switch their entire personality depending on who they're talking to.

davver
12-20-2007, 12:55 PM
The interview was good, even if some questions were set ups. Overall I think it was a positive for Paul.

KewlRonduderules
12-20-2007, 12:58 PM
I think everybody needs to put this in perspective. This is quite typical behavior from someone who used to be an addict. Yes, Glen Beck is a recovering drug addict- and he will remain that way for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, with prolonged usage, whether it be cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, or alcohol, the implications for the brain are hazardous. It basically eats up your neo-cortex (your intellect) and making you more likely to use your more primitive limbic system, i.e., your drives. Pretty much this is what it sounds like here- one day he is really nice to Dr. Paul and the next, he is rambling and going off. Classic example of drug recovery behavior.

Unfortunately, there is no proof at present that the neo-cortex does recover. However, if indeed it does, it is a gradually process that takes many many years to recover. In other words, Beck will be in recovery for a long time- the rest of his life.

familydog
12-20-2007, 12:59 PM
I honestly think these media pundits are sociopaths. The way they seem to just switch their entire personality depending on who they're talking to.

Seems to be about right. I know one thing, Beck would never say such things on his own radio show. He knows a lot of his audience are Ron Paul supporters and he doesn't want to alienate them.

Fyretrohl
12-20-2007, 01:04 PM
LIstening to this, I think GB is not aware that he is defeating his own arguments.

'Ron Paul is supported by people in this box and that box and that box.'

'Hitler came into power by splitting up the people into boxes.'

STOP putting everyone in boxes...

BenIsForRon
12-20-2007, 01:13 PM
I think everybody needs to put this in perspective. This is quite typical behavior from someone who used to be an addict. Yes, Glen Beck is a recovering drug addict- and he will remain that way for the rest of his life. Unfortunately, with prolonged usage, whether it be cocaine, opiates, benzodiazepines, or alcohol, the implications for the brain are hazardous. It basically eats up your neo-cortex (your intellect) and making you more likely to use your more primitive limbic system, i.e., your drives. Pretty much this is what it sounds like here- one day he is really nice to Dr. Paul and the next, he is rambling and going off. Classic example of drug recovery behavior.

Unfortunately, there is no proof at present that the neo-cortex does recover. However, if indeed it does, it is a gradually process that takes many many years to recover. In other words, Beck will be in recovery for a long time- the rest of his life.

Is this a joke?

The only reason Beck was "fair" to Paul to begin with is that he had no other choice. Ron Paul is right. So Beck gives Paul the fair interview with the trap at the end, the trap doesn't work, and he goes on radio later where he can still feed the sheeple their opinions.

huchahucha
12-20-2007, 01:16 PM

Thank You! I was waiting for someone to bring up the french kiss. One of our esteemed YouTube experts ought to make a video of Beck consistantly contradicting himself concerning Ron Paul.

jaumen
12-20-2007, 01:19 PM
What a bag of douche. Never tuning into his show again... I've never seen such doublespeak in all my life.

obstruksion
12-20-2007, 01:32 PM
just hearing beck say he'd french ron was worth it....what a tool...

speciallyblend
12-20-2007, 03:03 PM
I hate beck now to,and i was a beck viewer,beck already showed his colors before ,so its no doubt that beck is just a shill idiot for bigger intrusive government.

misconstrued
12-20-2007, 03:58 PM

Well, and they are both Mormon.

madman55
12-20-2007, 03:59 PM

Ahh you are mistaken here! The Glenn back interview was among the most worthwhile interviews that Ron Paul has done. Ron Paul was able to tell his message to NON-Rp supporters! thats whats important, gettin the message to those who havnt heard it!

DirtMcGirt
12-20-2007, 04:01 PM
any media is good media

knappz
12-20-2007, 04:04 PM
I'm surprised not have seen any references to GB threats to Michael Moore on these forums.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200505180008

From the May 17 broadcast of The Glenn Beck Program:

BECK: Hang on, let me just tell you what I'm thinking. I'm thinking about killing Michael Moore, and I'm wondering if I could kill him myself, or if I would need to hire somebody to do it. No, I think I could. I think he could be looking me in the eye, you know, and I could just be choking the life out -- is this wrong? I stopped wearing my What Would Jesus -- band -- Do, and I've lost all sense of right and wrong now. I used to be able to say, "Yeah, I'd kill Michael Moore," and then I'd see the little band: What Would Jesus Do? And then I'd realize, "Oh, you wouldn't kill Michael Moore. Or at least you wouldn't choke him to death." And you know, well, I'm not sure.

Beck truly is an asshole.

winston_blade
12-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm surprised not have seen any references to GB threats to Michael Moore on these forums.

http://mediamatters.org/items/200505180008

Beck truly is an asshole.

You rule. Beck sucks and is a hypocrit.

maxbish
12-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Beck is a tool and we used him to gain more supporters last night. Our gain.
+1

He called Paul supporters terrorists before the interview. I'm not sure what some people expected from Beck, a conversion not seen since Saul stopped prosecuting Christians and became St. Paul?

His behavior before the interview was sociopathic, and it continues so afterwards. We got an hour of free advertising to an audience that may have never seen the man speak exhaustively about his viewpoints. I saw it's win-win. People see Dr. Paul & Beck for what they are, and what a wonderful contrast putting the two side by side.

BTW, Sociopathic fits Beck to a tee. Here's a definition:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_know_if_someone_is_a_sociopath

How do you know if someone is a sociopath?

* Glibness/Superficial Charm
* Manipulative and Conning
* Grandiose Sense of Self
* Pathological Lying
* Lack of Remorse, Shame or Guilt
* Shallow Emotions
* Incapacity for Love
* Need for Stimulation
* Callousness/Lack of Empathy
* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature
* Early Behavior Problems/Juvenile Delinquency
* Irresponsibility/Unreliability
* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity
* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle
* Criminal or Entrepreneurial Versatility
* Contemptuous of those who seek to understand them
* Does not perceive that anything is wrong with them
* Authoritarian
* Secretive
* Paranoid

....it goes on. This hits a good amount of Beck's trait's, no?

BizmanUSA
12-20-2007, 04:34 PM
So Beck is into inverted positions and S & M games "I'll be hanging from my toes" or something to that effect

Weird Dude BUT of course the Glenn Beck shows are ENTERTAIMENT TALK RADIO and the stations pay BIG Bucks tohim and crew because he pulls in advertisers that are willing to pay for the commercials

Knew it was TOO good to be true . . .

Did Beck do this again on his radio show or just on this local affiliate morning show in Texas?

mstrmac1
12-20-2007, 04:42 PM
Thank You! I was waiting for someone to bring up the french kiss. One of our esteemed YouTube experts ought to make a video of Beck consistantly contradicting himself concerning Ron Paul.

Yes sombody make a you tube w/ this in it. Great idea!

dougkeenan
12-20-2007, 05:33 PM
BTW, Sociopathic fits Beck to a tee. Here's a definition:

How do you know if someone is a sociopath?

* Poor Behavioral Controls/Impulsive Nature

* Promiscuous Sexual Behavior/Infidelity

* Lack of Realistic Life Plan/Parasitic Lifestyle

....it goes on. This hits a good amount of Beck's trait's, no?
I'd say wanting to french kiss Ron Paul (a man not his wife) would hit those three at least. Maybe many more.

davidkachel
12-20-2007, 06:25 PM
Am I missing something here???

If this is the worst they do to us then we are in pretty good shape.
Quite plainly Glen Beck is out for Glen Beck. He will say whatever he thinks will bring attention to him first.
He may actually be some flavor of Libertarian and he may actually support a lot of RP's ideas, but quite plainly when given the choice between making himself look clever or saving his country, he would rather look clever. Plus his feelings are hurt that (assuming it is true) someone has threatened him. Give me a break. Every radio and TV commentator in America has been threatened at one time or another. Just because someone "says" they are a RP supporter doesn't make it true.

This thread is really a waste of time. Beck will be both for and against RP as it benefits him.

Before I heard this latest recording I sent Beck a short email thanking him for the RP interview. I now regret doing so, but not because of what I just heard. Rather, because I now realize I thanked someone for doing something I believed was sincere when he in fact had ulterior motives. Glen Beck is to be pitied and ignored. He will don the totalitarian hat just as readily as the three-cornered one.

Ball
12-21-2007, 01:12 AM
Glenn who?

Who the hell is Glenn Beck and why do people on this message board give a crap about what he says? He can't have more than 150,000 viewers on Headline News. This guy is no relevant and to be honest the only place I've ever seen this guy's name is on this board.

+1

jcizzle
12-21-2007, 01:18 AM
I find it hard to believe these shock jocks believe most of what they say. Their job is to entertain, and with this kind of behavior it is exactly what happens. Sensationalize everything.