PDA

View Full Version : After New Hampshire: California, Florida and New York

mokkan88
12-19-2007, 08:37 PM
California, Florida and New York are probably our best bets for Ron Paul after New Hampshire. Because each of these states are so far, it will enable us to reach out for multiple denominations and opens the door for everyone to get involved.

Just a head's up to all of you from those states. If you've got nothing better to do, now would be a good time to go hardcore on spread Paul's message. It has already been reported that Paul will focus on these states soon.

fortilite
12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
New York? Please be joking. He has higher poll numbers in the mountain states and Texas. Look at his per capita contributors map.

In the end all states are important. No state left behind.

brumans
12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
You forgot Michigan. He has a big chance there... and it's an open primary with a very limited democrat list (only Hillary and a few low-tier names on it)

Jobarra
12-19-2007, 09:01 PM
And on Jan 30th, the day after Florida's primaries, Mobile County and one precinct in Baldwin County in Alabama will be voting a week early due to Mardi Gras(results aren't released until Feb 5th when the rest of the state votes). Don't forget that ;). Imagine a Paul 1st or 2nd in Florida. The press foams over that and they want to exit poll the people in Alabama to have something else to report on for a week. What? 40% in Mobile County voted for Paul? All around the nation undecided voters in Feb 5th states start thinking "Holy Cow, maybe he WILL win. I guess I can vote for him".

rory096
12-19-2007, 10:00 PM
New York? Please be joking. He has higher poll numbers in the mountain states and Texas. Look at his per capita contributors map.

In the end all states are important. No state left behind.
+1

New York is one of the worst states in the country for Paul, unfortunately.

mtmedlin
12-19-2007, 10:28 PM
It is all about Cali. the new system is NOT a winner take all. Every district (53 of them) that he wins earns 3 delegates (out of 173). If Ron can win just 8 districts he will have as many delegates as if he won NH. Now if he got the most number of votes in the state he would get a bonus 11 delegates.

shrapnel88
12-19-2007, 10:32 PM
we'll take nevada.

slantedview
12-19-2007, 10:41 PM
California, Florida and New York are probably our best bets for Ron Paul after New Hampshire. Because each of these states are so far, it will enable us to reach out for multiple denominations and opens the door for everyone to get involved.

Just a head's up to all of you from those states. If you've got nothing better to do, now would be a good time to go hardcore on spread Paul's message. It has already been reported that Paul will focus on these states soon.

oh, believe me, we're all over it here in CA. lots of democrats (we are a blue state after all) and independants converted to RP supporters here.

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 10:42 PM
The Giuliani campaign thinks we will take NH, Iowa, South Carolina, Florida and Nevada. This was from a high ranking military officer who attended a campaign strategy meeting.

Best
Randy

piotr1
12-19-2007, 10:43 PM
+1

New York is one of the worst states in the country for Paul, unfortunately.

I'm in Albany, NY and were trying!!!!!! *cry*

MGreen
12-19-2007, 10:59 PM
NY will try hard, damn it! We might not win it, but I think we can place well. Of course, by NY's primary, it won't be about good showings, but winning delegates.

I'm very excited about California. It heavily benefits a strong grassroots campaign, especially for a Republican.

I'd be surprised if we do well in Florida, but who knows. A good showing (or a win!) in SC should help our chances in Florida, I would think.