PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul omitted from mock election in local High School

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 08:33 PM
True story:

My younger brother is a student at a local public high school, which was rated within the past 10 years one of the top high schools in the country by Newsweek. I won't name the school to spare them potential calls, e-mails or letters they may receive from some people.

A mock election for the 2008 presidential election was held. On the ballot were 7 Republican candidates and 7 Democratic candidates. (edit: I need to get a copy of the ballot to verify this, may not be wise to cite this if you contact the school, I can only confirm it had 10+ candidates because right now it is just based off my brother's memory.)

Guess who wasn't included.

My brother, educated thoroughly by me on the good Doctor, brought this up but was not listened to.

Here is what I have written thus far in the letter I am composing to the principal of that school:

Dear Mrs. *******,

Subject: Censorship

I am writing to express concern over an incident that took place during school hours on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 during the Seminar period. I was informed that during this time, ballots were handed out for a mock 2008 United States President election. For an unexplained reason, one of the top candidates was excluded from your selection.

Congressman Ron Paul (R – TX) is a 10-term Congressman, former Air Force pilot, and a registered OB/GYN who has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He filed for candidacy in the 2008 Presidential election on March 12, 2007. Since then, he has accomplished the following feats:

- He has raised over $18 million this fiscal quarter, surpassing all Republican candidates and fundraising and only trailing Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama on the Democratic side

- He raised over $6 million on one day, December 16, 2007, which is an all-time record in American political history. This occurred after a $4.2 million fundraising day on November 5, 2007. These fundraising events were organized solely by his supporters, with no corporate contributions, and the average donation amount per user was $50.

- He has raised more money from active duty military personnel than any other candidate.

- He is the overall top performer in national straw polls this year.

I think these facts alone make him a top performing candidate who certainly should be considered in any poll on a 2008 Presidential race, mock or real. Even without that information, he is still one of the candidates, and that alone should be enough to include him as an option.

I have enclosed a fact sheet with a brief history of Ron Paul and his positions on the issues for your reference. I urge you to hold this vote again and include all the candidates.

Thank you for your consideration

Sincerely,

American
12-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Let us know what happens with this, this kind of crap is why home schooling is so popular. Censoring young minds to what THEY think is best.

NewEnd
12-19-2007, 08:36 PM
Maybe with the letter, we should send in 1,000 ballots for Ron Paul from across the country.

7 republicans? That means they even had tancredo and Hunter.

cicatrice
12-19-2007, 08:37 PM
I wonder how they will reply...

Rahl
12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
that letter sums it up pretty good, wondering what they will answer.

werdd
12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
I remember back in 96 when i was in grade school, in my pe class our teachers had two boxes out for either bob dole, or bill clinton. I knew my parents liked ross perot, so i said i want to vote for ross perot. My gym teacher said that ross perot didnt matter, you gotta vote for clinton or dole. I refused to vote, and they made me run around the track. So yes, brainwash begins at a very young age, and in our schools, influenced by teachers that love the goverment.

transistor
12-19-2007, 08:40 PM
i don't get how this could happen...

hellah10
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM
im gonna guess Farmington Hills

DealzOnWheelz
12-19-2007, 08:42 PM
- He has raised over $18 million this fiscal quarter, surpassing all Republican candidates and fundraising and only trailing Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama on the Democratic side

He only surpasses them in the 4th quarter. Except for McCain in the 3rd and of course the low tier candidates.

And if that doesn't work then you can always tell her to let Ron Paul take Tancredos place on the ballot since he's dropping out tomorrow

Austin
12-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Surprise surprise!

Antonius Stone
12-19-2007, 08:43 PM
what a bunch of crap. we should fedex them a bunch of ballots and some tea bags

RP-Republican
12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
I won't name the school to spare them potential calls, e-mails or letters they may receive from some people.

Then why waste our time with the story?

hawks4ronpaul
12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
The teacher is providing a valuable civics lesson in vote tampering. Is the teacher a delegate or 2008 election worker who will make sure that all those senior citizens vote "correctly"?

http://hawks4ronpaul.blogspot.com/

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 08:51 PM
He only surpasses them in the 4th quarter. Except for McCain in the 3rd and of course the low tier candidates.

Thanks, I will correct that.

Then why waste our time with the story?

If enough people think it's a good idea to do so then I suppose I could name the school. I guess I was concerned that a large influx of communications might upset them more than anything.

evadmurd
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
"The force is strong here"

Austin
12-19-2007, 09:05 PM
How about providing the contact information to the folks that request it through PM?

That way we don't get random views sending obscene emails or false supporters ruining things for us.

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
How about providing the contact information to the folks that request it through PM?

I will gladly do that.

CoreyBowen999
12-19-2007, 09:11 PM
Im not suprised. At my highschool, in geography, we sometimes talk about elections. We also had a mock election and we were only allowed to vote for
1. Rudy
2. Mitt
3. Thompson
4. McCain

1. Hillary Clinton
2. Obama
3. Edwards

I tried to vote for Paul but my teacher said he had 0 chance of winning and I had to vote for one of the above. I just didn't vote. Also when we get in to the conversations, he always goes into how big government is so "good". You guys aren't kidding when public schooling sucks.

jmunjr
12-19-2007, 09:14 PM
I tried to vote for Paul but my teacher said he had 0 chance of winning and I had to vote for one of the above.

McCain has never had a chance either...and what about Huckabee?

jonahtrainer
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I will gladly do that.

I think the best way to handle this is to contact the local Meetup group and do sign waving across the street for an entire week in the afternoon.

Perhaps have a sign in there "Your school administration censored your vote. You deserve a choice!"

That will get all the kids researching Ron Paul and educating their parents. Squawk loud and get the press to cover your sign waving if you can. I am sure the local press would love to know about the school administration censoring the vote.

RP-Republican
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
I guess I was concerned that a large influx of communications might upset them more than anything.

They should be upset excluding a legitimate candidate like Ron Paul

CoreyBowen999
12-19-2007, 09:17 PM
McCain has never had a chance either...and what about Huckabee?

This all happend about a month and a half ago so Huckabee was still not considered "top tier". I dont know why he allowed McCain either.

NoxTwilight
12-19-2007, 09:19 PM
If this was my kids school I would be ALL over this teacher. This makes me sick to my stomach.

Paulitical Correctness
12-19-2007, 09:20 PM
This country has become one enormous joke, and Ron Paul and his supporters are the only ones not laughing.

Disgusting.

Phil M
12-19-2007, 09:24 PM
I refused to vote, and they made me run around the track.

Now that's just creepy.

robert4rp08
12-19-2007, 09:26 PM
RP was a pilot?

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 09:31 PM
I think the best way to handle this is to contact the local Meetup group and do sign waving across the street for an entire week in the afternoon.

Perhaps have a sign in there "Your school administration censored your vote. You deserve a choice!"

That will get all the kids researching Ron Paul and educating their parents. Squawk loud and get the press to cover your sign waving if you can. I am sure the local press would love to know about the school administration censoring the vote.

I will consider this. Things that will go into the decision making process are the fact that a police station is 0.1 miles (literally) from the school, and the fact that my brother is already embarrassed about me sending a letter to the school. I suppose those shouldn't be considered overwhelming obstacles.

If this was my kids school I would be ALL over this teacher. This makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm glad. My parents on the other hand aren't motivated to take any action on this, so I am dealing with it.

RP was a pilot?

He earned his pilot license while in the Air Force. I suppose what I said was misleading, though, so I will alter it.

Mr. White
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get your parents to help I'd schedule a conference with the teachersi nvolved as well as the principal of the high school. Don't advocate Ron Paul. You're not winning votes here, you're educating some educators. Emphasis the importance of voting and the primary process and how the situation is unacceptable. See what they say they will do to rectify the situation. If they seem open but unsure, suggest that the class have a research day on the "Second-tier candidates" If they are wholly uncooperative advise them that this is a deep concern and that your only recourse will be to take it to the school board and the district adminstration as well as any news media.

Since you are not the student's guardian this would only really have an effect if you get your parents involved.

Do not release the schools info on these boards. The last thing we need is a few of the idiots on here getting "Paul's supports send threatening emails to schools' in the news.

Ruby Justice
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
Look, I'm a teacher in a public school, and if this happened in my school system, I would personally raise hell; as I have numerous times, especially to keep religious agendas and obsessive/destructive assessment out of our schools..

THE FACT IS: If Ron Paul is on the ballot in your state, you have the right to skip over the teacher, the principal, the entire school, and go STRAIGHT TO THE SCHOOL BOARD with this!!

At the rate this country is being sold, it's beginning to look a lot like Iraqi elections under Saddam around here...hrumf!

TechnoGuyRob
12-19-2007, 09:37 PM
That scum. :(

noztnac
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Do post the name of the school. The principal. The phone #. I pay taxes for that school. I have a right to know how my taxes are being wrongly spent to educate children in such an un-American way.

We all have an obligation to make sure this is a huge news story. Honestly, whatever person made that policy should be fired immediately. This "educator" is teaching our children that fascism in America, vote rigging, and authoritarianism is acceptable.

He should be fired.

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 09:41 PM
International Academy in Bloomfield Hills, MI

I may have gotten the Newsweek information wrong, but that's not the right school.

I suppose the cat is out of the bag and I don't want people speculating and contacting the wrong school because that would be a travesty, so here it is:

Andover High School in Bloomfield Hills, MI.

I wash my hands of responsibility of any potential harm that comes out of this.

Please be kind.

I also emphasize the fact I cannot provide any tangible proof of this, as I do not have a copy of the ballot. I do promise however that the story is true, and if you need more details I will share them.

If a moderator or anyone else thinks I made the wrong decision, feel free to modify the post.

Danny Molina
12-19-2007, 09:47 PM
This school deserves to be made an example out of. The school should allow every candidate an opportunity to be represented or the government should cut funding to the school.

N13
12-19-2007, 09:49 PM
Use this as an learning opportunity to explain the illuminati, the new world order, CFR, the trilateral comission, etc...

That's who removed Ron Paul from the ballot at school...

laugh it off and come out on top.

Paulitical Correctness
12-19-2007, 09:51 PM
Main Office: 248.341.5500
Attendance: 248.341.5510
Counseling: 248.341.5530
Fax Number 248.341.5699

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get your parents to help I'd schedule a conference with the teachersi nvolved as well as the principal of the high school. Don't advocate Ron Paul. You're not winning votes here, you're educating some educators. Emphasis the importance of voting and the primary process and how the situation is unacceptable. See what they say they will do to rectify the situation. If they seem open but unsure, suggest that the class have a research day on the "Second-tier candidates" If they are wholly uncooperative advise them that this is a deep concern and that your only recourse will be to take it to the school board and the district adminstration as well as any news media.

Since you are not the student's guardian this would only really have an effect if you get your parents involved.

Do not release the schools info on these boards. The last thing we need is a few of the idiots on here getting "Paul's supports send threatening emails to schools' in the news.

I understand your warning, and maybe you're right. I am 23, I don't live with my parents but my brother told me the story, and I am a former student of the school.

I have discussed it with my parents. I have convinced one of them to vote for Ron Paul, the other is still on the fence, but they both said they do not intend to do anything about it because it's not a big enough deal, which is why I came to you guys. I didn't know what to do, I just knew something had to be done.

N13
12-19-2007, 09:57 PM
Seriously, if you guys want to get even or whatever, wouldn't it be best to negotiate a win win deal? You kinda got em by the balls. You can resort to threats of local media stories. etc...

Try to convince the school officials that all you want in exchange for their transgression is an official Ron Paul day at school. Some speakers can go in and tell the students about Ron Paul's positions and they get nice literature and a bumper sticker to take home to their parents.....

Positive thinking people.

Danny Molina
12-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Seriously, if you guys want to get even or whatever, wouldn't it be best to negotiate a win win deal? You kinda got em by the balls. You can resort to threats of local media stories. etc...

Try to convince the school officials that all you want in exchange for their transgression is an official Ron Paul day at school. Some speakers can go in and tell the students about Ron Paul's positions and they get nice literature and a bumper sticker to take home to their parents.....

Positive thinking people.

Is that legal?

Mr. White
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
I understand your warning, and maybe you're right. I am 23, I don't live with my parents but my brother told me the story, and I am a former student of the school.

I have discussed it with my parents. I have convinced one of them to vote for Ron Paul, the other is still on the fence, but they both said they do not intend to do anything about it because it's not a big enough deal, which is why I came to you guys. I didn't know what to do, I just knew something had to be done.

Awesome, I'm 23 and did the teacher thing.

Going over the teachers head will simply get malice directed at your brother. It's undeserved and would probably not even be intentional, but you really dont want an adversarial situation between teacher and student. Ask a mod to delete and remove this thread. Nothing good will come of fools on these boards "going to bat" at this school. If a student has a problem it needs to be addressed by that student and his parents. Not a bunch of knuckleheads with itchy phone dialing fingers as are seen on this board.

Mr. White
12-19-2007, 10:05 PM
Is that legal?

No, its blackmail, unrealistic and pretty typical of the idiotic statements I've found on these forums over the past month.

Mark
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
True story:

My younger brother is a sophomore at a local public high school, which was rated within the past 10 years one of the top high schools in the country by Newsweek. I won't name the school to spare them potential calls, e-mails or letters they may receive from some people.

A mock election for the 2008 presidential election was held. On the ballot were 7 Republican candidates and 7 Democratic candidates. (edit: I need to get a copy of the ballot to verify this, may not be wise to cite this if you contact the school, I can only confirm it had 10+ candidates because right now it is just based off my brother's memory.)

Guess who wasn't included.

My brother, educated thoroughly by me on the good Doctor, wrote in his name and attempted to hand in the ballot. It was rejected, he refused to vote for one of the listed candidates, so he was simply denied a vote.

Here is what I have written thus far in the letter I am composing to the principal of that school:

Dear Mrs. *******,

Subject: Censorship

I am writing to express concern over an incident that took place during school hours on Wednesday, December 19, 2007 during the Seminar period. I was informed that during this time, ballots were handed out for a mock 2008 United States President election. For an unexplained reason, one of the top candidates was excluded from your selection.

Congressman Ron Paul (R – TX) is a 10-term Congressman, former Air Force pilot, and a registered OB/GYN who has delivered more than 4,000 babies. He filed for candidacy in the 2008 Presidential election on March 12, 2007. Since then, he has accomplished the following feats:

- He raised over $6 million on one day, December 16, 2007, which is an all-time record in American political history. This occurred after a $4.2 million fundraising day on November 5, 2007. These fundraising events were organized solely by his supporters, with no corporate contributions, and the average donation amount per user was $50.

- He has raised more money from active duty military personnel than any other candidate.

- He is the overall top performer in national straw polls this year.

I think these facts alone make him a top performing candidate who certainly should be considered in any poll on a 2008 Presidential race, mock or real. Even without that information, he is still one of the candidates, and that alone should be enough to include him as an option.

I have enclosed a fact sheet with a brief history of Ron Paul and his positions on the issues for your reference. I urge you to hold this vote again and include all the candidates.

Thank you for your consideration

Sincerely,

Have they no shame.

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Awesome, I'm 23 and did the teacher thing.

Going over the teachers head will simply get malice directed at your brother. It's undeserved and would probably not even be intentional, but you really dont want an adversarial situation between teacher and student. Ask a mod to delete and remove this thread. Nothing good will come of fools on these boards "going to bat" at this school. If a student has a problem it needs to be addressed by that student and his parents. Not a bunch of knuckleheads with itchy phone dialing fingers as are seen on this board.

He will deny it vehemently if they ask if he tipped anybody off. There were other students who complained as well so they have no way to single him out as the culprit. It was not his teacher of the class he was in; it was a faculty member who he had only seen for the first time, she did not know his name, and she was going from class to class with some students to hand out the ballets. And like I said, my parents have chosen not to get involved, and I am not confident I can change their minds. With this information do you believe I should still have this thread deleted (not being facetious, I really want an answer)?

Mr. White
12-19-2007, 10:24 PM
The best thing you could do if you want to do something is go in with your brother and simply speak with an administrator. Call in advance and schedule the conference. Go in well dressed and simply express your concerns as I mentioned above. If they question your involvment simply state you are a taxpayer and concerned family member.Don't sell your candidate just your distaste with what went on. Ask how the situation can be rectified. Don't threaten, don't beg. If they come off wishy washy simply ask what administrator above them you might speak with.

As for this thread I think it should be removed for no other reason than to prevent uninvolved parties from flying off the hinge. Something members of the forum have shown they are capable of.

If you really want to persue this, decide in advance what you really are trying to accomplish. Good luck.