PDA

View Full Version : TV ads in first 5 states

Printo
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Here is Operation New Hampshire. They need 75k in order to launch several Grassroots sponsored commercials in the first 5 primary states: Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Michigan and South Carolina. They currently have 22k. We can easily help them reach their goal. Donate to Save America!!

http://www.operationnh.com/

Jimmy
12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
Some simply do not care....they would rather push a controversial late money bomb that is causing division in the cause instead of unity...truely sad.

The ads are far more important.

1913_to_2008
12-19-2007, 07:47 PM
//

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 07:47 PM
agree Iowa ad needs funding, I will give to the NH ads, right now I just cant donate to the Iowa ads(no money) but I am sure others can, come on donate!

Printo
12-19-2007, 07:48 PM
The campaign doesn't need any more moneybombs. We need to fight for airtime in these states to spread Ron Paul's message. We are in first place in fundraising this quarter. We can donate to the campaign at will, we need to fund our own campaigning on his behalf!!

Keith
12-19-2007, 07:51 PM
These ads are awesome, and they need our support. My next donation goes to this cause (after payday.)

Printo
12-19-2007, 07:54 PM
Theres already another thread on this but Im going to keep bumping both because this should be priority #1!

Lord Xar
12-19-2007, 07:56 PM
I don't think it is that people dont care. I have commented on this previoulsy, and will do so now.

there doesn't seem to be a "plan of action". NO time set to run these. NO official ad selected. Just a hodgepodge of ads and we do not know which one is gonna be used. All of them, or only one? Did Mr. Black modify any to target Huckaberry like some threads suggested?

the thing is. People are sold on solid ideas and distinct direction. Personally, I have not donated because I don't know what is gonna be aired, when it is gonna be aired, or any target date. I also do not have any information on their previous commercial run in Centeral Iowa and how that is going, and who has seen it - though I posted twice inquiring about it.

I would personally put in a couple hundred for this easily and I AM SURE others would too - but I need to see, what I listed above.

Have Skiingff come on here and give us a complete lowdown - what is being aired/when/where etc... So we can all get on board.

I think this is plan from operationNH is NEEDED BAD - but I think we all need to see all the "who what where and when's". Some anonymous posters requesting money doesn't cut it for me. No disrespect to you, you are onboard and that is great - you are motivated. But the point is - you need to motivate those who otherwise are not. And I think we, who need more answers, just need a better direction source.

SOOOO, GIVE ME MORE INFO PLEASE... I went to the site, and their are ads - which ones are gonna run - how often, on what stations.. what is the target date????? What is the lead time? When can he buy the ads to make an impact in Iowa???

Aldanga
12-19-2007, 07:59 PM
I don't think it is that people dont care. I have commented on this previoulsy, and will do so now.

there doesn't seem to be a "plan of action". NO time set to run these. NO official ad selected. Just a hodgepodge of ads and we do not know which one is gonna be used. All of them, or only one? Did Mr. Black modify any to target Huckaberry like some threads suggested?

the thing is. People are sold on solid ideas and distinct direction. Personally, I have not donated because I don't know what is gonna be aired, when it is gonna be aired, or any target date. I also do not have any information on their previous commercial run in Centeral Iowa and how that is going, and who has seen it - though I posted twice inquiring about it.

I would personally put in a couple hundred for this easily and I AM SURE others would too - but I need to see, what I listed above.

Have Skiingff come on here and give us a complete lowdown - what is being aired/when/where etc... So we can all get on board.

I think this is plan from operationNH is NEEDED BAD - but I think we all need to see all the "who what where and when's". Some anonymous posters requesting money doesn't cut it for me. No disrespect to you, you are onboard and that is great - you are motivated. But the point is - you need to motivate those who otherwise are not. And I think we, who need more answers, just need a better direction source.

SOOOO, GIVE ME MORE INFO PLEASE... I went to the site, and their are ads - which ones are gonna run - how often, on what stations.. what is the target date????? What is the lead time? When can he buy the ads to make an impact in Iowa???

+1

scandinaviany3
12-19-2007, 08:32 PM

So to answer your questions skiingff been out sking:) and is connecting in occasionally as he can. He has partnered with Jeremiah and our group in iowa to get these ads out.

All the ads you saw their on the site are in a full rotation plan up to caucus in central iowa. The first three have already been showing for a couple weeks now in iowa. We are loading the latest ad 4 of jeremiahs into replace ad 1 from dec 24 on. A rotation plan minus the christmas ad will show starting around christmas until new years for eastern iowa about dec 24th on. Knowing you do your own ads and saw your comments we spoke with the buyer and they are getting the loading output so that Brandon can put it up on the site for people to see and know when to tell family or friends in iowa to watch. Remind him on friday to please answer this request you have made.

Hope this helps and gets you interested in donating.

justatrey
12-19-2007, 08:46 PM
This is still my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

The Christmas one is really good too.

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 08:49 PM
this needs to be stickied.

Jimmy
12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Ttt

ItDoesNotStopWithRonPaul
12-19-2007, 08:56 PM
Theres already another thread on this but Im going to keep bumping both because this should be priority #1!

I agree, money bombs worked the first time, and kind of well the second time at garnering MSM attention. But we need to focus on grassroots now.

The strength of our campaign is in US. The campaign has tons of money, and they are targeting all 5 states with ads.

Our role as grassroots is to get our PACs working and hit markets that they can't. The campaign doesn't have the time to hit every little newspaper or target every audience that we can. My next financial effort will be towards grassroots.

Pimpin Turtle Dot Com
12-19-2007, 08:58 PM
I think we should stop doing money-bombs... the campaign has more money then they know what to do with... instead we should get all the chip-ins and grassroots things that need to be donated to and money-bomb those...

crazyfacedjenkins
12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I really like these ads. They just keep getting better.

dircha
12-19-2007, 09:11 PM
What's wrong with the radio and television ads the official campaign is running with our contributions?

scandinaviany3
12-19-2007, 09:28 PM
i have heard that people say they havent taken strategic risks in the ads also that they are not the best production quality which turns away a lot of people.

I personally really like the christmas one of the family and carol.

I think Carol is a huge asset for Ron as well as the family that needs to be shown.

Printo
12-20-2007, 07:49 AM
bump

saahmed
12-20-2007, 10:17 AM
bump

jacmicwag
12-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I will donate a second time today. To the organizer - you might get a better response if you post some of the details about where, when and how you plan to run the ads. What areas of Iowa, what stations, how much are we paying for each ad. I tend to give more when I'm in on the details.

Maybe you have already done this and I missed the info.

Ethek
12-20-2007, 10:47 AM
All of these great causes. I'm going to put in 100 towards air time and 100 towards the blimp.

winston_blade
12-20-2007, 10:55 AM
This is much more important than the blimp. I'll try to add some money later today.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 11:46 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 12:08 PM
bump

rodent
12-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Some simply do not care....they would rather push a controversial late money bomb that is causing division in the cause instead of unity...truely sad.

I like how the ads have no African Americans all in the middle of a controversy about $500 from a white supremacist. Is this a message of true freedom, or a white hipster utopia?

Jeremiah Black has no black in his ad except for his last name.

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 01:56 PM
I like how the ads have no African Americans all in the middle of a controversy about $500 from a white supremacist. Is this a message of true freedom, or a white hipster utopia?

He's going to address that in updates for other states. He is well aware of this problem.

scandinaviany3
12-20-2007, 02:56 PM
I will donate a second time today. To the organizer - you might get a better response if you post some of the details about where, when and how you plan to run the ads. What areas of Iowa, what stations, how much are we paying for each ad. I tend to give more when I'm in on the details.

Maybe you have already done this and I missed the info.

Current cable stations are always targeted given costs and or focus groups. We are asking to get the loading report given back for each purchase block we do.

Direct show times and blocks depend on the final donations and most IMPORTANTLY INVENTORY. This is not something we can do ahead of time since we have to know we meet the minimum levels to buy the inventory and get a response that we actually got the time.

This is a major issue we spoke to people about several times. Make sure to always buy fast because the remaining inventory is being bought up.

Of note the google donation bar at the bottom is for when additional donors want to contribute to iowa, or other states when the chipin is closed.

I encourage people to ask questions. I will answer what i can. Also bear in mind we have trolles and we dont want to say anything until after the buy to make sure everything is locked in and protected.

scandinaviany3
12-20-2007, 02:58 PM

Rodent...yep actually on the first shoot we paid for Jeremiah had african's and others he had signed up.

But the people doing this didnt show so we need to redo this add, as well as other demographics.

scandinaviany3
12-20-2007, 02:58 PM
This is much more important than the blimp. I'll try to add some money later today.

Please do! If the chipin closes then go to the google button at the bottom to donate

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 03:12 PM
bump

Oliver
12-20-2007, 03:21 PM
This is still my favorite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

Ditto here - I would pay for this one being aired.

- it's modern.
- it's drawing attention.
- the audiovisual rhythm fits
- no blabbering
- ideal for the revolutionary, younger generation
- good sound - even if I prefer this version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5E3QQRQ8A (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kY5E3QQRQ8A&feature=related)

realist
12-20-2007, 03:41 PM
Given HQ's Iowa causus debacle, I for one would like to know what if any "official" ad's are running in Iowa and NH? I have contributed to the campaign more than once and I'm starting to question wether those funds would have been better spent at the grass roots level.... I'm sure we can respond faster than HQ from all I'm hearing. Would it be possible to start a new post with a sticky that would list what ads are actually running (officially and through this effort) to try to motivate a small funds drive IF we aren't already ssturating the Iowa and NH Markets? ... Please tell me we ARE saturating those markets already...PLEASE!

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 03:49 PM
All of the ads currently displayed on the Operation NH website are currently being run in central Iowa. The current Iowa chip-in and google checkout for Iowa, are to raise money to run as many of these as possible, in EASTERN Iowa. People who live there, say there is very little, if any RP campaign ads being run there. The ads that will be run there, will depend on how much money is raised. Right now, we don't even have the minimum. My understanding, is that if 15K will be raised, the Jeremiah Black ads will be run. If more can be raised, all of them will be cycled in Eastern Iowa.

None of these ads have been run in New Hampshire yet. The same thing will be true for that state too. The number of ads that will be cycled, will be dependent upon the amount of money that is raised to run the ads in New Hampshire. The campaign is doing a lot better advertising in New Hampshire, than they are anywhere else. But it seems to be more radio and direct mail, than TV. There have been requests from more than a few NH folks to air at least some of these grassroots ads in their state. Therefore the chip-in.

Does this help any?

Nevada, Michigan and South Carolina markets are FAR from being saturated with TV ads. We badly need to get ads on the air there too.

microsect
12-20-2007, 03:52 PM
Ok I will donate in a second. Bump

realist
12-20-2007, 03:54 PM
It helps but I don't understand why we can raise 6 million in 1 day but we can't raise 75G in the time I've seen these types of posts.. We need exposure in Iowa and NH NOW!!!!

Why isn't this being supported by the group... that alone is scaring me about contributing? Can something be done to call attention do this? Is the site at odds?

SophisticatedFarmGirl
12-20-2007, 04:01 PM
These ads rule, I'm in for the second time.

SATURATE!!

crazyfacedjenkins
12-20-2007, 04:03 PM
operation nh is really cool. Who is in charge of that?

crazyfacedjenkins
12-20-2007, 04:04 PM
Does anyone think it would be productive to try and pull off ads like this in NJ? Or would it be more productive to canvas (which I'm already doing)?

rjl
12-20-2007, 04:26 PM
I think Iowa and New Hampshire are covered pretty well. Nevada, SC, and Michigan are important, but equally important is getting the ball rolling on some of the delegate-rich states.

Groups around the country need to start getting ready to get ads up in their respective areas. That means meetup groups getting together, raising funds, figuring out airtime costs, so on and so forth. Imagine if groups all around California, TX, Florida, etc. ran ads in their cities and states. We could blanket the country in Ron Paul ads and reach millions of people.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-20-2007, 04:45 PM
bump

peacemonger
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Is it time for a grassroots bomb? Maybe we could organize a pledge page where people could pledge to donate 100 dollars to a grassroots project. If there was a convenient way to keep track of the number of pledgers for each project we could make sure they all get funded. There are really not so many projects or so many pacs.

We probably need 1000 donors for the blimp, maybe 1000 - 2000 donors for the NH ads, a few hundred for OLFD, and maybe another 1000-2000 for all the various newspaper and radio projects. 1 good pledge page and an email from Trevor could get 'er done.

Is this crazy?:rolleyes:

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 05:15 PM
Here is the post.
http://www.dailypaul.com/node/15061

To get it on the front page, Michael Nystrom, the owner of The Daily Paul, needs to get a bunch of emails requesting it to be placed on the front page. We stand a better chance of getting these ads funded, if more people know about them. That is why I need your help in getting this article on the front page of The Daily Paul. Will you please help?

If there is another way to get this accomplished, we don't know it.

PLEASE HELP. Today is the last day to get this TV ads funded for the 5 early primary states. TODAY. We have run out of time!

Here is how you contact Michael:
http://www.dailypaul.com/contact

xexkxex
12-20-2007, 05:16 PM

Or you can do both...as I have. ;)

LibertyEagle
12-20-2007, 05:32 PM
bump

lloydian
12-20-2007, 06:05 PM
Everyone please contribute. This is wonderful use of funds here.

Crickett
12-20-2007, 06:48 PM
I would have donated, but I do not have a google account and do not intend to get one. I have paypal, credit cards..you need some more payment choices, I think.

scandinaviany3
12-20-2007, 06:59 PM
i tested the chipin. it appears to be still putting the money towards our paypal to pay the tv stations so let us know if something changes but you should be ok with not donating through google donation.

Crickett
12-20-2007, 09:44 PM
i tested the chipin. it appears to be still putting the money towards our paypal to pay the tv stations so let us know if something changes but you should be ok with not donating through google donation.
Thanks..it did work, so I sent what I could..they are Waaaay behind in NH..