PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul on the Medved show

billv
05-20-2007, 01:36 AM
http://www.townhall.com/TalkRadio/Show.aspx?ContentGuid=6a32b5bd-fad9-4a28-a223-03e6bfc85de4&RadioShowId=4

Kandilynn
05-20-2007, 01:52 AM
This guy is a moron. He didn't even know what Giuliani said in the debate, or after it. I don't know why people have commentary on things if they don't pay attention to what is said or why it is said.

billv
05-20-2007, 01:57 AM
He has also said so far that Ron Paul is like your crazy uncle you let out of the attic that puts spaghetti on his head. Also, that Ron Paul doesn't believe in terrorists and that he doesn't believe in closed borders.

billv
05-20-2007, 02:00 AM
So I'm listening to this moron, and I just realized the Republican party has been hijacked by Archie Bunker clones.

Melchior
05-20-2007, 02:09 AM
Who is this guy? He's a tool.

Another person lauding Rudy Giuliani's rebuttal... someone help me out here, how was Rudy's rebuttal a clever one? How was it even a rebuttal?

Step 1: Say Ron Paul's statement was extraordinary.
Step 2: Say you've never heard it before.
Step 3: Demand he take it back.

That's not a fucking argument. :rolleyes:

Gee
05-20-2007, 02:18 AM
Wow. People are really insane. By the end of the show he was just making up lies, like Ron Paul having never supported Reagan, not being in favor of smaller government, and not wanting to secure our borders.

Its just... Wow. I never thought the media would purposefully lie and slander a canidate like this.

billv
05-20-2007, 02:19 AM
No shit! They slam the guy mostly without arguments, though if they offer one up , it usually is that we're in a global war on terror which will never ever end yada yada....we can't afford to pull back now and show weakness. Total BS. Do they not understand that military overspending and stretching resources too thin will make us weak in the end. How in the heck do you fight an enemy that is not a nation. You kill a few, there will be more to take their place. When is the war going to end? What is our goal? We could wipe out the entire Middle East and still have a terrorism problem. Elminating global terrorism requires a global totalitarian state (just realized that will probably be the end result here) and even then terrorism would not be expunged because there will then be those freedom fighters fighting against such a state. Besides, what Ron said is getting blown out of proportion and used against him. It's a total smear campaign by Republicans who are in love with military power. Empires end by expansion and corruption from within. Hmm...I think we have both going on right now. I think the region is completely unstable over there and there's not a damn thing we can do about it. We cannot, I repeat cannot, orchestrate ultra complex chains of cause and effect. That is the point of Ron's non-interventionist policy. God, I can't believe how stupid and dense some people can be about this.

We are only in the Middle East because of oil. We can produce our own oil here from coal and oil shale. Shell possibly has a method which is competitive at 30 dollars a barrel. Coal can be gassified at I think 18 dollars a barrel or more. But our own government is screwing us over in such matters. We can't develop any new energy resources. Hell, we can't even drill for what oil we do have in Anwar. If Ron Paul isn't President in 2009, I'm sticking a fork in the US because we're probably done.

billv
05-20-2007, 02:21 AM
I used to actually like Medved. These guys are the same guys that would have given into the British and not been on the side of liberty during the revolutionary war. Give me liberty or give me death! Not give me safety and take my liberty!

billv
05-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Oh yes, and Medved claimed that we are not developing 14 permanent bases in Iraq. These guys are completely deluded:

14 `enduring bases' set in Iraq (http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2004/040323-enduring-bases.htm) from GlobalSecurity.org

NMCB3
05-20-2007, 05:22 AM
I didn`t listen to the show because I wanted to spare myself the agony, but I have heard Medved before. I put him in the Hannity/Beck category. Your right though, its a huge smear campaign. Another thing I`ve noticed (especially watching the FOX NEWS spin) is the facts are irrelevant.

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-20-2007, 05:29 AM
I could only listen for one minute. "Unbelievably unscientific polls" must mean that the actual result is ALWAYS the opposite of what comes out, despite the fact that every one of them is great for Paul.

They wouldn't be attacking him if they thought he was a nothing.

billv
05-20-2007, 10:43 AM
I used to like Medved too. My eyes have been opened in a serious way thanks to Ron Paul. These jokers can't really debate him because the so called facts they use, if they even try to use facts, are lies, or if not lies, then they are simply mistaken.

mesler
05-20-2007, 10:48 AM
I used to actually like Medved. These guys are the same guys that would have given into the British and not been on the side of liberty during the revolutionary war. Give me liberty or give me death! Not give me safety and take my liberty!

You are absolutely right. The American Revolution was a fight against the 'administration', was illegal.

Medved would have been one of the folks who got on the British ships at Boston and went back to England to leave our rebel forefathers to their blasphemous war.

winston_blade
05-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Medved had an aurora of hate around him. He hates that the United States isn't supposed to be world police. He is more annoying than Hannity. I will celebrate in the streets if Ron Paul wins the election.

lbadragan
05-20-2007, 12:31 PM
I told a friend about Ron Paul, and he told me that he heard a discussion about Ron Paul on the Medved show and doesn't like Paul as a result but he likes Romney. I listented to the show and emailed him my analysis of Medved's despicable lies and misrepresentations:

Medved referred to Ron Paul as "Crazy old uncle Ron" even though conservatives such as Pat Buchanan support what he said, the lead analyst from the CIA on the Bin Laden team supports what Ron Paul said, the CIA supports what Ron Paul said in its statements on "blowback", and past U.S presidents like Reagan and Hoover mirrored Paul's comments themselves. (Reagan in his memoirs on the Lebanese marines incident and Hoover in a private letter to his close friends after Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese.)

Medved implied he's a terrorist sympathizer even though Paul consistently calls terrorists and al qaida "our enemy".

Medved insinuated Ron Paul was sympathetic to the Saudi princes even though Ron Paul advocates leaving Saudi Arabia against the wishes of the Saudis and it's Bush who is close friends with the Saudis.

Medved stated Paul "hates the Jews and Ron Paul hates Israel" without giving evidence of any anti-Jew or anti-Israel statement by Ron Paul. A check of the record will not turn up 1 anti-semitic comment by Ron Paul. Paul actually has written articles condemning discrimination on the basis of race, nationality, or grouping.

Medved stated Ron Paul's support comes from people in bunkers and beer halls while ignoring such high-profile supporters as Pat Buchanan, Republican conservatives on CNBC who voiced their support for Ron Paul, John Stossel of 20/20, and other high-profile supporters who recently gave sympathetic comments about Ron Paul.

Medved said that Ron Paul has the tendency to "blame the United States" for the terrorist war against us. A blatant lie. Ron Paul has specifically stated that the American People are NOT to blame for the terrorist attacks but that our foreign policy of intervention is a contributing factor to the terrorists' motivation. This is exactly the same thing the 9/11 commission report said and the CIA agrees with.

Medved repeatedly stated Ron Paul blames America . Blatant lie. Paul never agreed that America is to blame and made a statement on CNN to the contrary the day after the debate.

Medved had a guy on with views most of us consider 'out there' come on his show and then stated that "it's very telling" that he endorses Ron Paul. Gotta admire that logic! Critical thinking at it's best!

Medved stated Paul wants to "ignore" the world. Lie. Paul's policy is to trade with the whole world and to have friendly relationships with all nations but to keep U.S soldiers on U.S soil. Is it "ignoring" the world if we're not at war with it? Medved seems to think so.

Medved stated Ron Paul "doesn't believe in terrorists" even though Paul repeatedly referrers to terrorists as "our enemy".

Medved implied Ron Paul doesn't want to close the border. He obviously made this statement with COMPLETE ignorance to Paul's views regarding border security and immigration. There is not 1 candidate with more conservative views on the borders and immigration (illegal and legal).

Medved disputed a caller's statement that Ron Paul's position is that one of the reasons terrorists attack us is because we're militarily involved in the mid east. Medved stated that Ron Paul said that "they attacked us because we were bombing Iraq for 10 years" not because we're in the mid east. Medved also said "we weren't bombing Iraq for 10 years". That Paul "lied". Well here's the transcript of what Paul actually said: "intervention was a major contributing factor. Have you ever read about the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we've been over there. We've been bombing Iraq for ten years. We've been in the middle east… I think Reagan was right… we don't understand the irrationality of middle eastern politics." Paul clearly gave Iraq as an example of intervention in the middle east, not as the sole reason for the attacks. Medved misrepresented what Paul said, cherry-picked the Iraq comment and took it out of context, then called him a liar. It's called setting up the strawman. And regarding Medved calling Paul a liar for saying that we've been bombing Iraq for 10 years… I'm willing to bet that Medved is wrong, but I know that we had a major bombing of Iraq in '98. So that's at least 9 years. So even if the first bombings were in '98, Paul was off by 1 year. Wow what a liar Paul is. And neither Giuliani nor Medved read Osama Bin Laden's fatwas from as early as '98 where he cited America's sanctions in IRAQ (which according to U.N reports were responsible for 1 million Iraqi civilian deaths) and America's military involvement in Iraq as two of the major reasons for his declaration of war against the U.S. In '98 Osama said that he will answer America not with words but with actions. So how can Medved and the rest of the clueless "top-tier" media label Paul "loonie" and "crazy" for stating that our involvement in the Mid East and Iraq was "a major contributing factor" to the 9/11 attack? Ridiculous.

Medved stated that it was "not true" that we're building 14 permanent bases in Iraq. Check out http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2004/040323-enduring-bases.htm The Army is calling the bases "enduring bases". The chief engineer for bases construction in Iraq stated that he is "not sure" whether these enduring bases would take over for the current (permanent) ones in Saudi Arabia. The deputy chief of operations said that the engineers are "trying to prepare for any eventuality". "This is a blueprint for how we could operate in the Middle East," Kimmitt said. "[But] the engineering vision is well ahead of the policy vision. What the engineers are saying now is: Let's not be behind the policy decision. Let's make this place ready so we can address policy options." Sounds like permanent bases doesn't it?

Medved stated that Ron Paul "was never a supporter of Reagan" even though Ron Paul was 1 of only 4 members of the House of Representatives to endorse Reagan in Reagan's first attempt at the White House in 1976 and served as the leader of Reagan's Texas delegation to the Republican convention of '76. And see the following link for a glowing review Paul gave of Reagan after his death.

http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2004/pr061004.htm

I'll let you guys know if he changes him mind about Paul (and Medved).

Brandybuck
05-20-2007, 12:48 PM
I used to actually like Medved.
Ditto. He needs to go back to reviewing movies, because his relatively recent foray into the right wing talk show circuit is embarassing.

winston_blade
05-20-2007, 12:52 PM
I told a friend about Ron Paul, and he told me that he heard a discussion about Ron Paul on the Medved show and doesn't like Paul as a result but he likes Romney. I listented to the show and emailed him my analysis of Medved's despicable lies and misrepresentations:

Medved referred to Ron Paul as "Crazy old uncle Ron" even though conservatives such as Pat Buchanan support what he said, the lead analyst from the CIA on the Bin Laden team supports what Ron Paul said, the CIA supports what Ron Paul said in its statements on "blowback", and past U.S presidents like Reagan and Hoover mirrored Paul's comments themselves. (Reagan in his memoirs on the Lebanese marines incident and Hoover in a private letter to his close friends after Pearl Harbor was bombed by the Japanese.)

Medved implied he's a terrorist sympathizer even though Paul consistently calls terrorists and al qaida "our enemy".

Medved insinuated Ron Paul was sympathetic to the Saudi princes even though Ron Paul advocates leaving Saudi Arabia against the wishes of the Saudis and it's Bush who is close friends with the Saudis.

Medved stated Paul "hates the Jews and Ron Paul hates Israel" without giving evidence of any anti-Jew or anti-Israel statement by Ron Paul. A check of the record will not turn up 1 anti-semitic comment by Ron Paul. Paul actually has written articles condemning discrimination on the basis of race, nationality, or grouping.

Medved stated Ron Paul's support comes from people in bunkers and beer halls while ignoring such high-profile supporters as Pat Buchanan, Republican conservatives on CNBC who voiced their support for Ron Paul, John Stossel of 20/20, and other high-profile supporters who recently gave sympathetic comments about Ron Paul.

Medved said that Ron Paul has the tendency to "blame the United States" for the terrorist war against us. A blatant lie. Ron Paul has specifically stated that the American People are NOT to blame for the terrorist attacks but that our foreign policy of intervention is a contributing factor to the terrorists' motivation. This is exactly the same thing the 9/11 commission report said and the CIA agrees with.

Medved repeatedly stated Ron Paul blames America . Blatant lie. Paul never agreed that America is to blame and made a statement on CNN to the contrary the day after the debate.

Medved had a guy on with views most of us consider 'out there' come on his show and then stated that "it's very telling" that he endorses Ron Paul. Gotta admire that logic! Critical thinking at it's best!

Medved stated Paul wants to "ignore" the world. Lie. Paul's policy is to trade with the whole world and to have friendly relationships with all nations but to keep U.S soldiers on U.S soil. Is it "ignoring" the world if we're not at war with it? Medved seems to think so.

Medved stated Ron Paul "doesn't believe in terrorists" even though Paul repeatedly referrers to terrorists as "our enemy".

Medved implied Ron Paul doesn't want to close the border. He obviously made this statement with COMPLETE ignorance to Paul's views regarding border security and immigration. There is not 1 candidate with more conservative views on the borders and immigration (illegal and legal).

Medved disputed a caller's statement that Ron Paul's position is that one of the reasons terrorists attack us is because we're militarily involved in the mid east. Medved stated that Ron Paul said that "they attacked us because we were bombing Iraq for 10 years" not because we're in the mid east. Medved also said "we weren't bombing Iraq for 10 years". That Paul "lied". Well here's the transcript of what Paul actually said: "intervention was a major contributing factor. Have you ever read about the reasons they attacked us? They attack us because we've been over there. We've been bombing Iraq for ten years. We've been in the middle east… I think Reagan was right… we don't understand the irrationality of middle eastern politics." Paul clearly gave Iraq as an example of intervention in the middle east, not as the sole reason for the attacks. Medved misrepresented what Paul said, cherry-picked the Iraq comment and took it out of context, then called him a liar. It's called setting up the strawman. And regarding Medved calling Paul a liar for saying that we've been bombing Iraq for 10 years… I'm willing to bet that Medved is wrong, but I know that we had a major bombing of Iraq in '98. So that's at least 9 years. So even if the first bombings were in '98, Paul was off by 1 year. Wow what a liar Paul is. And neither Giuliani nor Medved read Osama Bin Laden's fatwas from as early as '98 where he cited America's sanctions in IRAQ (which according to U.N reports were responsible for 1 million Iraqi civilian deaths) and America's military involvement in Iraq as two of the major reasons for his declaration of war against the U.S. In '98 Osama said that he will answer America not with words but with actions. So how can Medved and the rest of the clueless "top-tier" media label Paul "loonie" and "crazy" for stating that our involvement in the Mid East and Iraq was "a major contributing factor" to the 9/11 attack? Ridiculous.

Medved stated that it was "not true" that we're building 14 permanent bases in Iraq. Check out http://www.globalsecurity.org/org/news/2004/040323-enduring-bases.htm The Army is calling the bases "enduring bases". The chief engineer for bases construction in Iraq stated that he is "not sure" whether these enduring bases would take over for the current (permanent) ones in Saudi Arabia. The deputy chief of operations said that the engineers are "trying to prepare for any eventuality". "This is a blueprint for how we could operate in the Middle East," Kimmitt said. "[But] the engineering vision is well ahead of the policy vision. What the engineers are saying now is: Let's not be behind the policy decision. Let's make this place ready so we can address policy options." Sounds like permanent bases doesn't it?

Medved stated that Ron Paul "was never a supporter of Reagan" even though Ron Paul was 1 of only 4 members of the House of Representatives to endorse Reagan in Reagan's first attempt at the White House in 1976 and served as the leader of Reagan's Texas delegation to the Republican convention of '76. And see the following link for a glowing review Paul gave of Reagan after his death.

http://www.house.gov/paul/press/press2004/pr061004.htm

I'll let you guys know if he changes him mind about Paul (and Medved).

Beautiful. He won't even acknowledge it though.

LibertyOrDie
05-20-2007, 01:57 PM
Listen to how every caller during that show supported Ron Paul and disagreed with Mike.

kylejack
05-20-2007, 03:23 PM
This jackass trashed Badnarik pretty badly as well.

angelatc
05-20-2007, 04:12 PM
Medved is a party mouth piece. He hates Libertarians because he thinks those people are stupid for wasting their votes - in other words - for not supporting the same candidate that he does.

He's a hate monger. I won't even bother to call him or to email him.