PDA

View Full Version : why MLK? someone tell me

garrettwombat
12-19-2007, 07:11 PM
what MLK talked about is so irrelevent to this campaign.

yes MLK spoke up for freedom, but in a diffrent sense..
MLK spoke of everyones right to be equal.
this is not ron pauls message at all.
and has nothing to do with ron pauls message.
ron paul speaks about freedom by keeping personal libertys and following the constitution.

its plain stupid to me when there are way better dates coming up.
•National Freedom Day: is on February 1st (maybe a little too late for this one)
•Ben Franklin's Birthday: is on January 17th
•Barry Goldwater's Birthday: is on January 1st
•Paul Revere's Birthday: is on January 1st

but it seems even more stupid to do another money bomb in january when primaries are already taking place or are about to take place.

i say we just keep donating all the time and focus our efforts on getting out slim jims, sign waving as much as possible, and go door to door around your area if you still not yet have done so.

Davebo
12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
Ron Paul is ALL about EQUAL rights across the human spectrum -- (check out the 30 min Iowa TV Ad) -- not to mention he often refers to the likes of Ghandi and MLK when he is talking about the root of his philosophic message

mmink15
12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
If you think a money bomb day on Martin Luther King day will be a bad thing because of some of his lesser known views, I simply remind you that all this started on GUY FAUKES DAY. He was considered a terrorist and that didn't bite us in the ass even though some tried. Look at what happened after Glenn Beck made all those accusations, he ate his words and ended up propelling the campaign

garrettwombat
12-19-2007, 07:27 PM
If you think a money bomb day on Martin Luther King day will be a bad thing because of some of his lesser known views, I simply remind you that all this started on GUY FAUKES DAY. He was considered a terrorist and that didn't bite us in the ass even though some tried. Look at what happened after Glenn Beck made all those accusations, he ate his words and ended up propelling the campaign

when did i say it would be a bad thing... i asked a question and stated that another money bomb sounds stupid...

if we had another money bomb on that day that would give the campaign only about 15 days to figure out what to do with all the money before most primaries

they need money now... screw money bombs

jd603
12-19-2007, 07:33 PM
the person pitching the MLK money bomb has already been exposed as a fake and this money bomb was already shot down , please see previous threads for reasons why.

what MLK talked about is so irrelevent to this campaign.

yes MLK spoke up for freedom, but in a diffrent sense..
MLK spoke of everyones right to be equal.
this is not ron pauls message at all.
and has nothing to do with ron pauls message.
ron paul speaks about freedom by keeping personal libertys and following the constitution.

its plain stupid to me when there are way better dates coming up.
•National Freedom Day: is on February 1st (maybe a little too late for this one)
•Ben Franklin's Birthday: is on January 17th
•Barry Goldwater's Birthday: is on January 1st
•Paul Revere's Birthday: is on January 1st

but it seems even more stupid to do another money bomb in january when primaries are already taking place or are about to take place.

i say we just keep donating all the time and focus our efforts on getting out slim jims, sign waving as much as possible, and go door to door around your area if you still not yet have done so.

StateofTrance
12-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Ron Paul is ALL about EQUAL rights across the human spectrum -- (check out the 30 min Iowa TV Ad) -- not to mention he often refers to the likes of Ghandi and MLK when he is talking about the root of his philosophic message

It's GANDHI.

Corydoras
12-19-2007, 08:35 PM
Because his holiday is at a convenient point in the calendar in relation to the campaign and the previous moneybomb.

AtomiC
12-19-2007, 08:38 PM
I say Ben Franklin's birthday because some of his quotes are used in relation to Ron Paul and Ben Franklin was a great American philosopher/inventor/etc.

The date is also at a good time because it isn't really too far or too close away, its perfect.

NewEnd
12-19-2007, 08:39 PM
the person pitching the MLK money bomb has already been exposed as a fake and this money bomb was already shot down , please see previous threads for reasons why.

I am curious, where is the proof he is fake, (not that I doubt it, I almost switched to Richardson today)

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM
MLK day is the biggest MSM supported holiday of the month of Jan.

JustAnotherV
12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
I'm not so sure about moneybombing any more, but MLK is not a bad day for any focus, moneybomb included. Here are some reasons (repackaging some of this from a different thread that seems buried):

Main rationale:

- January's big holiday
- Message of individual rights, peaceful resistance for positive change, and inclusiveness (yes I know it was originally equal rights, but the whole reason they are equal is because the are individual and not group, which is up RP's ally)
- Relatively good timing before Feb 5th but a month from now, allowing some time to spend rest of money (assuming we push the campaign to spend down reserves), or get a last minute momentum boost into February.
*** Good day for rallies, not just money. March on capitols. March on D.C. Get mass media attention. We could promote the hell out of this and get thousands of people at the Lincoln Memorial. Think about it. ***
- Totally bodyslam current racist smears out of existence by embracing the holiday's message