PDA

View Full Version : Freedom is Freedom

ThomasJ
12-19-2007, 06:58 PM
I typed out the same thing for the Truthers but perhaps I need to put it out there for racism to.

Is Ron Paul racist?
No.
I have watched hours and hours of footage on Ron Paul and I have read pages and pages of writings and oratory from Dr. Paul never have I once seen anything close to racism. Racism is a collectivist mentality and Dr. Paul is a strong supporter of INDIVIDUAL rights.

Having said that I really hate people being defensive about some racist dude sending in 500 bucks to Ron Paul.

Freedom is the ability to be wise or an idiot. Should Ron have to defend every single one of us for what we believe? Does what we believe have anything to do with Dr. Paul's message?
Freedom means being able to say "I hate black people", or "I hate white people" or whatever. Does that mean that racist should be lauded? No.
They do have the right to vote how they wish. If they want to donate to Dr. Paul should we deny them?
They will not get anything in return from Dr. Paul. He will not change his stance on issues because any of us donated to him let alone one bigot.

Should we request a return of donations from Black Panthers?

Where do we draw the line at freedom? Where does the collectivism end?

Ron Paul should not return the donation. He should not defend not returning it. He should not exclude any person who wishes to donate no matter what race creed or religion.

You cannot defend or regulate stupidity, you will never run out of things to regulate or defend.