PDA

View Full Version : What we need from blimp people.

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 06:13 PM
Here is what we need:

A good flight plan. Without a good one, we can't coordinate the effort efficiently. Admit it, the current plan is mediorce. An elementary student can do better than that.

A good media plan. Even though this is grassroot movement, the organizer should know what to do, who need to contact and when it's going to happen. Then the organizer would delegate the tasks to grassroot people. But, the organizer needs to open, upfront about her requests, listen to people's inputs and report the result clearly. I need something like: "Today, I'm going to do this and that. Then at the end of the day this is how it happen." I don't like the result like: "The blimp is up in the air, that's a success". That's just plain stupid.

Listen to forumers. If the poll indicates that 80% of forumer didn't want to fly the blimp with only 1 banner, you're better not doing it. You have all the facts and details to explain why flying with 1 banner is such a good idea until the majority accept it. Isn't that RP's principle? You are not "The decider", ok?

Give us report card of who did what during the day. If you didn't do anything, you deserve to be fired.

kimosabi
12-19-2007, 06:18 PM
Here is what we need:

A good flight plan. Without a good one, we can't coordinate the effort efficiently. Admit it, the current plan is mediorce. An elementary student can do better than that.

A good media plan. Even though this is grassroot movement, the organizer should know what to do, who need to contact and when it's going to happen. Then the organizer would delegate the tasks to grassroot people. But, the organizer needs to open, upfront about her requests, listen to people's inputs and report the result clearly. I need something like: "Today, I'm going to do this and that. Then at the end of the day this is how it happen." I don't like the result like: "The blimp is up in the air, that's a success". That's just plain stupid.

Listen to forumers. If the poll indicates that 80% of forumer didn't want to fly the blimp with only 1 banner, you're better not doing it. You have all the facts and details to explain why flying with 1 banner is such a good idea until the majority accept it. Isn't that RP's principle? You are not "The decider", ok?

Give us report card of who did what during the day. If you didn't do anything, you deserve to be fired.
Why don't you go wave some signs in Alaska...

Lacrosseus
12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Why don't you go wave some signs in Alaska...

And why don't you go wave some in Australia...

Mckarnin
12-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Here is what we need:

Many of your requests are completley unrealistic but I will address one and that is the flight plan.

When we first started planning this we had beautiful, detailed flight plans with the whole course charted out on a map that one of our people was making in conjunction with a meteorologist. The problem is, the blimp is more sensitive to weather than we had anticipated and fligh plans often have to be changed with less than an hour's notice. Particularly during the northern part of our trip we have to be very flexible due to weather. We have really been on the fence when deciding whether to promise what we are not sure we can deliver or just remain silent until we are sure.

That said, we are working on putting out great, detailed flight plans that are representative of what we WANT to do and if the weather behaves it is what we will do. If not, we switch to a back-up plan.

kimosabi
12-19-2007, 06:38 PM
Many of your requests are completley unrealistic but I will address one and that is the flight plan.

When we first started planning this we had beautiful, detailed flight plans with the whole course charted out on a map that one of our people was making in conjunction with a meteorologist. The problem is, the blimp is more sensitive to weather than we had anticipated and fligh plans often have to be changed with less than an hour's notice. Particularly during the northern part of our trip we have to be very flexible due to weather. We have really been on the fence when deciding whether to promise what we are not sure we can deliver or just remain silent until we are sure.

That said, we are working on putting out great, detailed flight plans that are representative of what we WANT to do and if the weather behaves it is what we will do. If not, we switch to a back-up plan.
Yep, I can vouche for this.

When I was contacting Meetups in the Blimp's flightpath, it was quite tricky trying decide which meetups to contact because a front came through and the Blimp had to change it's flightpath.

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 08:41 PM

Please admit the mistake. The flight plan was total out of whack since begining. Sorry for the strong words, but I'm really frustrate. If you made a poll, I believe the majority think going north wasn't a good idea. People had ton of reasons to back up. But NO, YOU DIDN'T LISTEN. You had posted something along the line that the even the majority of forumers were agaisnt it, they only represent a small percentage of purcharsers. Then the flight plan was forced down our throat by 2-3 blimp organizers. There wasn't even a back up plan. And then, there was no plan for several days until the forumers were so pissed off. If we didn't so angry, I bet you didn't bother to put up a plan.

Why you don't put the plan in the forum, brainstorming with us, asking for advices, discussing with forumers and let them feel that they're part of the team. Together, we layout the plan. Then you execute it and report the result. How difficult is that ?

kimosabi
12-19-2007, 08:55 PM
Please admit the mistake. The flight plan was total out of whack since begining. Sorry for the strong words, but I'm really frustrate. If you made a poll, I believe the majority think going north wasn't a good idea. People had ton of reasons to back up. But NO, YOU DIDN'T LISTEN. You had posted something along the line that the even the majority of forumers were agaisnt it, they only represent a small percentage of purcharsers. Then the flight plan was forced down our throat by 2-3 blimp organizers. There wasn't even a back up plan. And then, there was no plan for several days until the forumers were so pissed off. If we didn't so angry, I bet you didn't bother to put up a plan.

Why you don't put the plan in the forum, brainstorming with us, asking for advices, discussing with forumers and let them feel that they're part of the team. Together, we layout the plan. Then you execute it and report the result. How difficult is that ?
Blimp Off!!!

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 08:59 PM

Why you don't put the plan in the forum, brainstorming with us, asking for advices, discussing with forumers and let them feel that they're part of the team. Together, we layout the plan. Then you execute it and report the result. How difficult is that ?IT'S CALLED WEATHER, this forum board would be useless telling a 20 year+ company how to do it's business which is suppling blimps for advertising and Fuji choose them because they were good. I think staying over the south for now would be best.