PDA

View Full Version : RP on Meet the Press...

Artsy74
12-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Ron Paul is finally going to be on Meet the Press, this Sunday.

Exclusive! Sunday, Dec. 23
Ron Paul

2008 Presidential Contender Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) joins us this Sunday as our "Meet the Candidates" series continues. Tune in to find out where Paul stands on the major issues facing the country as he makes his "Meet the Press" debut -- and marks the twelfth installment of our series interviewing the presidential contenders from both parties.

“Meet the Press” airs Sundays from 9-10 a.m. ET on the NBC-TV network; 10:30-11:30 a.m. ET in New York and Washington. The program also re-airs at 6 p.m. ET Sundays and 2 a.m. ET Mondays on MSNBC on cable.

I'm hoping this goes well, I have to admit, I have never watched this show, although everyone I know is huge fan.
Also Usually Morning Joe has the candidate from Meet the Press on the next Monday morning, so we'll see how that goes to. Morning Joe is MSNBC'S morning news show for any that don't know.

Sorry to0, if someone else mentioned this already, there are A LOT of posts to go through, and I just joined today. So if it needs to be deleted or moved, please do so, moderators.

MSNBC LINK (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3032608)

brianbb98
12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Welcome! Yes... lots of posts to go through and they get off the front page rather quckly... so we'll let this one slide.. for now. :) :)

ronpaulitician
12-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Russert seems like a fair guy.

Let's hope he throws Paul a lot of hardballs.

angrydragon
12-19-2007, 06:29 PM
Is this going to be on normal broadcast tv?

rfbz
12-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Russert seems like a fair guy.

Let's hope he throws Paul a lot of hardballs.

He is fair, but he has been tough as nails on the other candidates he's had on so far. I think RP will do well though.

Erazmus
12-19-2007, 06:31 PM
Welcome to the forums!

angrydragon
12-19-2007, 06:34 PM
Cool. 8 AM to 9 AM PST time.

Regular broadcast tv NBC.

walt
12-19-2007, 06:35 PM
Is this going to be on normal broadcast tv?

yes your local NBC affiliate - TIME VARIES FROM CITY TO CITY

Ridiculous
12-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I think he should avoid words like "New World Order" and "One World Government" like he used on Beck. You can say what you want to say without using those terms specifically. They are kind of loaded terms and are a lot of people consider them conspiracy theoryish. I think they might reinforce the fringe image to your sunday morning viewer. Globalization of government is a much softer term and it basically means the same thing.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that he shouldn't talk about those things, I just think he should be careful with his word choice.

Artsy74
12-19-2007, 07:37 PM
I think he should avoid words like "New World Order" and "One World Government" like he used on Beck.

I agree with that. Theres lot's of people that turn you off if they hear the mention "New World Order".

I wrote to the campaign about easing up on the wording a bit. I'm a little more intent on getting him into the WhiteHouse then feeding conspiracy theory disbelievers

(Not that I don't believe some of that....and I mean some.)

angrydragon
12-22-2007, 08:07 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/listings/

Enter your zip code and check your local times, NBC.

Show is tomorrow.

specsaregood
12-22-2007, 08:43 PM
I think he should avoid words like "New World Order" and "One World Government" like he used on Beck. You can say what you want to say without using those terms specifically. They are kind of loaded terms and are a lot of people consider them conspiracy theoryish. I think they might reinforce the fringe image to your sunday morning viewer. Globalization of government is a much softer term and it basically means the same thing.

Just to be clear, I am not saying that he shouldn't talk about those things, I just think he should be careful with his word choice.

At the same time, Tim Russert on MTP is the guy that asked John Kerry about Skull & Bones.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=TlQsHC9WzO8

AND asked Bush about Skull & Bones
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nDG73QmlP0Y "No, I'm not gonna lose."

Gotta love that. I look forward to this interview.