PDA

View Full Version : Ames Forum

kylejack
07-07-2007, 11:19 PM
(I like the way you work it. No clickety. I'd like to bag it up. Link removed so I can try and finesse my way out of pissing them off.)

I posted a thread here. Don't go crazy on this, but if people ask questions in the thread, try to be polite and encouraging. Don't get combative with these people. If they hate the thread, don't criticize them. I might seem like a carpetbagger, but just try to be polite and help the thread, if possible. This is the best I can do for Ames, IA activism right now.

JoshLowry
07-07-2007, 11:26 PM
An invasion is not what that forum needs.

If a person who lives in Ames wants to be gently reminded to post there then that would be much more appropriate in my opinion. ;)

Wyurm
07-07-2007, 11:30 PM
I must most certainly agree. I'm sure the Ames residents get pestered alot by outside political supporters. It would be far better for them to hear from their own neighbors about Ron.

kylejack
07-07-2007, 11:31 PM
An invasion is not what that forum needs.

If a person who lives in Ames wants to be gently reminded to post there then that would be much more appropriate in my opinion. ;)

I use invasion in an entirely benevolent fashion. I suggest to inform Ames citizens of the wonders of Ron Paul.

JoshLowry
07-07-2007, 11:34 PM
I use invasion in an entirely benevolent fashion. I suggest to inform Ames citizens of the wonders of Ron Paul.

No doubt you mean the best of intentions, it's just good to clarify for the rest of the people who view this thread.

austin356
07-08-2007, 12:06 AM
Please people be subtle in the Iowa forums. We dont want to turn these people against us like we have so many others.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Alright, I did it. I tried to be as polite and humble as possible.

(I like the way you work it. No clickety. I'd like to bag it up. Link removed so I can try and finesse my way out of pissing them off.)

I'll hope what I did was a Good Thing (TM).

kylejack
07-08-2007, 12:29 AM
One "I'm voting for Ron Paul" message, one "I will never vote for Ron Paul due to this thread". Okay, maybe it was a bad idea on my part, but maybe not. I think our number 1 problem right now is name recognition, so I think this will help, even if there are some people who claim they might have voted for him if not for me. (Why would you refuse to vote for your own liberty due to an overzealous supporter??)

austin356
07-08-2007, 12:48 AM
One "I'm voting for Ron Paul" message, one "I will never vote for Ron Paul due to this thread". Okay, maybe it was a bad idea on my part, but maybe not. I think our number 1 problem right now is name recognition, so I think this will help, even if there are some people who claim they might have voted for him if not for me. (Why would you refuse to vote for your own liberty due to an overzealous supporter??)

Im in but not saying anything........... You want me to help bail you out?

You really did not say anything bad......... its just these people seem overly tired of 08 already........ and it is only the 1st weekend in July!

Electrostatic
07-08-2007, 12:52 AM
Heh, you're talking about something that doesn't exist to people who didn't already see it.. :p

kylejack
07-08-2007, 12:54 AM
Im in but not saying anything........... You want me to help bail you out?

You really did not say anything bad......... its just these people seem overly tired of 08 already........ and it is only the 1st weekend in July!

Nah, don't step in. They are already upset enough with me. ;) Overall, though, I think this is going to be good. Even if some people get a little cranky, many more will get informed.

Heh, you're talking about something that doesn't exist to people who didn't already see it.. :p

I was never here. Do I need to use that Men in Black flashy thing on you to make you forget? :cool: Ninjastyle.

Electrostatic
07-08-2007, 01:00 AM
Well it's driving me crazy, cause your talking about reactions to something that I can't read... It's like teasing a kid on Christmas Eve...

Lord Xar
07-08-2007, 01:02 AM
well, if we turning people off maybe we need to lay off sometimes. To be frank, I get SOOO UPSET when a very religious person comes to my door and will just NOT listen to me or just keeps on talking and talking and talking.... it seems cultish....

so, be 'normal' about. ... you don't want to come off as some zealot or cult follower or something..

also, post on other parts of the site and DO NOT MENTION RON PAUL... Just make sure you have a Ron Paul avatar.... this way people don't think you are a zealot. Sometimes the "subtle" ways work best...

like a Ron Paul avatar.. on irrelevant posts that get a high amount of traffic... or put it in your 'signature'.. and act like its no big deal...

trust me... don't turn people off cause that will spread too.

Electrostatic
07-08-2007, 01:04 AM
oh, believe me, I know that.. just curiosity, that's all

kylejack
07-08-2007, 01:05 AM
well, if we turning people off maybe we need to lay off sometimes. To be frank, I get SOOO UPSET when a very religious person comes to my door and will just NOT listen to me or just keeps on talking and talking and talking.... it seems cultish....

so, be 'normal' about. ... you don't want to come off as some zealot or cult follower or something..

Yeah, I'm being as polite and apologetic as possible. I think it will end up being a positive experience.

austin356
07-08-2007, 01:11 AM
Its not that bad.

Kyle was in no way rude or even assertive, but has been quite gentle w/ them.

kylejack
07-08-2007, 01:15 AM
Its not that bad.

Kyle was in no way rude or even assertive, but has been quite gentle w/ them.

Yeah. As much as I'm apologizing and saying I did a bad thing, I'd do it again if I had it to do over. Humility is just the best way to deliver the thread, I think. The responses aren't as important as getting the members to watch the videos.