PDA

View Full Version : Front page MSNBC

JuniorNJ
12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Check out the front page of MSNBC. Headline about the donation from Don Black -- also notice the picture used, invokes a very negative view about Paul. WTF!

rollingpig
12-19-2007, 05:07 PM
Wwwwttttttttfffffffffff

brianbb98
12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
the article isnt that bad though... least it explains why he keeps it.

TheIndependent
12-19-2007, 05:09 PM
What matters more is that Ron Paul gets to explain why, and that story does it just fine.

It's the donor's loss, not Ron's.

user
12-19-2007, 05:10 PM
How many people will see the headline without reading the whole article?

Mark Rushmore
12-19-2007, 05:11 PM
That picture just removes any question as to the reason for the headline placement. I agree the article on balance is almost positive, but that picture just belies their motives.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Fuck the Old Media. Go canvass.

user
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I just saw the picture. Wow. Talk about a smear campaign.

InRonWeTrust
12-19-2007, 05:12 PM
That picture makes Ron look angry. Well if we are starting to get attacked, it must be a sign that we are gaining ground!

Joe3113
12-19-2007, 05:13 PM
The executives at nbc were probably pissed about Morning Joe being so positive. So they come back with this doozie. Absolute crap.

ReallyNow
12-19-2007, 05:14 PM
My coworker knows I'm a Ron Paul fan and just quoted to me that Ron Paul will not give back white supremacist money without mentioning the part about using it for good so I believe it may have a negative effect.

brianbb98

i dunno... im sure f-u frank will find all of them though

Joe3113
That picture makes Ron look angry. Well if we are starting to get attacked, it must be a sign that we are gaining ground!

They are now terrified because, in reality, Ron is very high in NH and could win.

StateofTrance
12-19-2007, 05:15 PM
They are now terrified because, in reality, Ron is very high in NH and could win.

As long as those foxes don't plant the voting machines with scripts.

cien750hp
12-19-2007, 05:16 PM
its below the "ron pauls, um, problem?" blog though
which touts our money raising ability.

user
12-19-2007, 05:16 PM
This is very damaging. Just imagine you haven't really heard of Ron Paul. You go to MSNBC.com and it says some angry-looking guy is keeping a white supremacist's money.

This will take some deprogramming.

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM

More than half.

krott5333
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
relax people, you all get so bent ouf of shape over the smallest things.

you're stressing me out, seriously

PRIEST
12-19-2007, 05:18 PM
This is what they talk about in the MSM, people. It's gossip, nothing more.

i2ambler
Of course .. this was in the news ages ago, but now that Dr. Paul is becoming a little more popular and in the media, they want to paint a shitbag picture of the guy. Im amazed the media can get away with news making rather than news reporting.. and that picture - jeez.

Now, you know, this line of questioning is going to continue relentlessly. This Don Black guy is a complete douche-bag for publicly supporting a candidate. Unless, he just doesnt want that candidate elected. The majority of americans dont agree with 'white pride' .

Should we research Obama's donations and see if any Black Panthers have donated? What about miltant lesbians for Hillary? Grasp for straws much?

DRV45N05
Good god.

I hate the media.

Ron LOL
12-19-2007, 05:21 PM
I actually thought that article was pretty positive.

We shouldn't be running from the negative things. They're out there, and people are going to read about them. Articles like this are actually useful, because NOT ONLY did we hear from the Paul campaign, but they ACTUALLY quoted the Stormfront guy as recognizing that Ron Paul isn't a racist.

Micahyah
12-19-2007, 05:23 PM
yeah, the article is actually good.

It even trumpets Paul as simply being anti-Iraq war, strong borders, and against police state stuff.

That is a good message for him.

The title of the article and the picture just sucks.

Paulite5112007
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM

We shouldn't be running from the negative things. They're out there, and people are going to read about them. Articles like this are actually useful, because NOT ONLY did we hear from the Paul campaign, but they ACTUALLY quoted the Stormfront guy as recognizing that Ron Paul isn't a racist.

I like that they quoted Don Black who basically said we only sent him money because he is against the war and against a police state. I think they should also mention that giving the money back in this instance implys that keeping it means he will adopt their positions. Point out that this is preposterous because he doesn't receive money from lobbyist because they know no amount of money is greater than his priniciple and he will vote his priniciple - irregardless of what money has come in.

perpetualstateofwar
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Don Black? The same Don Black that supported GW Bush in 2000?

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 05:29 PM

Yes, exactly. They wouldn't be attacking him if they weren't concerned about the level of his support.

Vikingjl 11
12-19-2007, 05:30 PM
http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/msnbc.com?site0=msnbc.com&site1=cnn.com&size=Medium&y=r&z=3&h=300&w=610&range=6m
..not a big deal.

Paulitician
12-19-2007, 05:30 PM
Fuck MSM!

Why should Ron Paul give back any money unless it's illegal? Should we start going through donations for all the candidates to see if any of them are pedophiles? WHO GIVES A SH*T? Goddamn, media is pathetic.

Shellshock1918
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Damn it I hate these assholes. The media can go to hell.

manny
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
the issue is with how it will be seen by the casual reader.

frustrating because they've brought it up a few times even though ron says he is opposed to what these guys believe and they're wasting their money. yet has anyone seen msm condemnation of obama pandering to la raza and their desire to rid SW america of every white person??

rodent
12-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I've got minorities4paul.org registered. My finals are over, so I'll be putting up some stuff online to help fight some of these stupid accusations. We can then pass around a FAQ.

Provided I don't get some shockingly horrible grade in any of my classes, I'm in fairly good spirits and should be able to finish the project.

i2ambler
12-19-2007, 05:34 PM

How many times BEFORE the Fox interview today, and this msnbc thing did you hear someone online, or in person, say that Ron was connected to racists? or that he was racist? I heard it a few times.. Now the media is going to try and blow this up and make it an issue. Its the agenda to ruin him, and get him out of the way so one of the "top-tier" candidates can make it in.

However, if Dr. Paul handles all of the press in the way he handled it today, this smear attempt wont even be a blip on the radar.

user
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Do we have an African-Americans for Paul type of group, like Jews4RonPaul? And yes, I know we shouldn't need one.

ChristopherBearkat
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
The campaign responded well enough....still bad news though.

The good news is that this is probably the worst of it. It'll already be out of the news cycle by the time it matters. The news article is fair enough, but still....

The damage is done... it's not a critical hit though

Paulitician
12-19-2007, 05:37 PM
This is not a race issue, so don't turn it into one. This is a fundraising issue. How many MSM outlets did you see with giant headlines "Chinese fugitive bundles hundreds of thousands of dollars for Hillary; might have a connection with Chinagate."

Absolutely none. Down with the MSM!

user
12-19-2007, 05:39 PM
This is not a race issue, so don't turn it into one. This is a fundraising issue. How many MSM outlets did you see with giant headlines "Chinese fugitive bundles hundreds of thousands of dollars for Hillary; might have a connection with Chinagate."

I'm not the one who turned it into a race issue and you know it. Don't blame me for what the MSM does.

Paulitician
12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
I'm not the one who turned it into a race issue and you know it. Don't blame me for what the MSM does.
The message wasn't toward you it was toward manny. But it was really a suggestion toward everybody. Tired of the race crap constatly come up on the forum :)

Goldwater Conservative
12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
Ron Paul shatters fundraising records, so the first coverage we'll give him in weeks is... a smear we're recycling from months ago. Nice.

Needless to say, the reason for the article is similarly pathetic, considering all the white nationalists who are invariably donating to other GOP candidates and all the black/"Latino" nationalists who are donating to the Dem candidates. But that's not important. One donation from one guy to the most marginalized major candidate in the race is. Throw in the wild assumption that Paul is somehow influenced by his donors while his corporatist rivals aren't and top it off with a slightly angry-looking picture for good measure.

manny
12-19-2007, 05:45 PM

That's it. Every other campaign has lots of weirdos and unpleasant people supporting them and my guess would be donating. Like I said I think it would apply especially to the dems. Is there any way to find if anyone from la raza or any of the other anti-white racist hispanic groups are funding obama? Hell he panders to them, why no media fuss?

It's because they think they can discredit Dr Paul this way. They're worried. And they should be; they're going to lose.

dfalken
12-19-2007, 05:45 PM
Some good news below that crappy headline though.... Tancredo is going to pull out of the race tomorrow. I think we should be able to pick up some of the 5 people that were going to vote for him ;)

dfalken
12-19-2007, 05:50 PM
That's it. Every other campaign has lots of weirdos and unpleasant people supporting them and my guess would be donating. Like I said I think it would apply especially to the dems. Is there any way to find if anyone from la raza or any of the other anti-white racist hispanic groups are funding obama? Hell he panders to them, why no media fuss?

It's because they think they can discredit Dr Paul this way. They're worried. And they should be; they're going to lose.

Dr. Paul is the only candidate they can't dig up dirt directly on so they have to resort to this kind of stupidity...unfortunately we are dealing with people that are not so bright in the mainstream...after all they did elect Bush twice! This kind of stuff pisses me of to no end but I agree they must be getting worried at this point. Another thing that proved that to me was the gallup poll from yesterday where they pretend Ron Paul has the same level of support as Alan Keyes as 3%. Now that is laughable considering Alan Keyes raised 25k for his campaign and I still haven't been able to find a single person that has ever heard his name.

DealzOnWheelz
12-19-2007, 05:51 PM

QFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+18 million

AceNZ
12-19-2007, 05:59 PM
The article fits well with one of MSNBC's earlier articles: "Ron Paul endorsed by Nevada brothel owner"...

The MSM are not our friends. The propaganda will only get worse as RP's popularity increases.

Aus4RP
12-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Now Don Black is not a Supremacist, in fact he is the opposite, a separatist.

A supremacist being someone who wants to rule over other Races, a Separatist wants to live away from other Races. "Freedom of association".

If that makes someone Supremacist then Israel, Japan, Most African Nations, All Muslim nations are also guilty of "Supremacy".

People from early on in life have a trigger like response instilled into them when the Words "Nazi" or "Supremacist" are spoken, of course people from other races and Nations who are equally Racist or supporting of apartheid don't fall under this Indoctrination so it becomes excusable for other Races to espouse the same beliefs, but we justify that because our Orwellian education system told us 2+2 equals 5. 'Racism is evil, but only White racism'

Don't fall for this tactic, they are dreaming of Ron Paul giving back the donation, because it would undermine his message of liberty for all and make his message a contradiction.

When the Media denounce Black supremacists supporting Obama, when the Media denounce Zionist supremacists working for the adl, when the Media denounce Mexican Supremacists supporting open border&Amnesty candidates and when the Media expose the ruling elite that is guilty of "classism" as much as others are guilty of "racism" just maybe, maybe I'll care just a tiny bit.

When Ron Paul speaks that freedom unites, and when you look at how many different groups are supporting him he just might be telling the truth, so if the Media was truly committed to fight against "racism" they should support the candidate that empowers the Individual in us and not the group.

K?.

dfalken
12-19-2007, 06:01 PM
Well looks like they took it down...maybe they can tired of getting our emails about it.

Triton
12-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Check out the front page of MSNBC. Headline about the donation from Don Black -- also notice the picture used, invokes a very negative view about Paul. WTF!:D Don't worry. It means he's rising in some poll somewhere.

nist7
12-19-2007, 06:10 PM
Now Don Black is not a Supremacist, in fact he is the opposite, a separatist.

A supremacist being someone who wants to rule over other Races, a Separatist wants to live away from other Races. "Freedom of association".

If that makes someone Supremacist then Israel, Japan, Most African Nations, All Muslim nations are also guilty of "Supremacy".

People from early on in life have a trigger like response instilled into them when the Words "Nazi" or "Supremacist" are spoken, of course people from other races and Nations who are equally Racist or supporting of apartheid don't fall under this Indoctrination so it becomes excusable for other Races to espouse the same beliefs, but we justify that because our Orwellian education system told us 2+2 equals 5. 'Racism is evil, but only White racism'

Don't fall for this tactic, they are dreaming of Ron Paul giving back the donation, because it would undermine his message of liberty for all and make his message a contradiction.

When the Media denounce Black supremacists supporting Obama, when the Media denounce Zionist supremacists working for the adl, when the Media denounce Mexican Supremacists supporting open border&Amnesty candidates and when the Media expose the ruling elite that is guilty of "classism" as much as others are guilty of "racism" just maybe, maybe I'll care just a tiny bit.

When Ron Paul speaks that freedom unites, and when you look at how many different groups are supporting him he just might be telling the truth, so if the Media was truly committed to fight against "racism" they should support the candidate that empowers the Individual in us and not the group.

K?.

Thank you!

This is the same tactic that they tried with 911 truthers to smear Ron Paul.

But what's unfortunate is that the average reader will associate Ron Paul with a "white supremacist" group and thus will be almost immediately turned off by that. "Oh I don't want to support a candidate who supports white supremacy!"

hambone1982
12-19-2007, 06:15 PM

How many of those people that only read the headline are going to vote?

user
12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
The message wasn't toward you it was toward manny. But it was really a suggestion toward everybody. Tired of the race crap constatly come up on the forum :)
Sorry, I thought you were addressing me directly.

user
12-19-2007, 07:17 PM
How many of those people that only read the headline are going to vote?
Good question, at least a few will.

Ron2Win
12-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Yep