PDA

View Full Version : Why do women in the forums use their pics as avatars?

ThePieSwindler
12-19-2007, 04:47 PM
This is something I have wondered for a very long time. Why do so many women in the forums use photos of themselves as avatars? It started with Scribbler de Stebbing, but so many others presumably do it. I wont name names, but if you just look, you'll see for yourself that its quite common. I've wondered why.. is it just because women don't know how to use teh internets properly ;) and think avatar means to post a pic of themselves? I mean, don't get me wrong, many of the ladies here are pretty good looking, but still, do you need to advertise?

Just wondering the reasoning. I don't really care if you do it, its just that it seem so widespread and uniform among many of the girls on the fourm. Of course, there are undoubtedly countless posters who i would not guess would be female if they DIDNT have their avatar as themself (for example,the user "Adam Smith"). Is there some sort of coherent reasoning behind it that the ladies would all agree on, or is it just a coincidence of differing interests?

dsentell
12-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Beats me. . . . I am a woman and I don't.

yoAdrian
12-19-2007, 06:14 PM
What does it matter if they post there pic or not. Most of the people here are free spirited they do not need to hide behind a screen, so go for it, have fun your free so far.

microsect
12-19-2007, 06:15 PM
I'm sorry but this is a dumb topic. No offense. We need everyone in the forums to register republican

ASAP!!!

Ozwest
12-19-2007, 06:19 PM
To answer this question, may prove detrimental to your health.

Meatwasp
12-19-2007, 06:24 PM
deleted

ThePieSwindler
12-19-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm sorry but this is a dumb topic. No offense. We need everyone in the forums to register republican

ASAP!!!

This is the off topic forum, is it not? I really could care less who does what, I was just wondering if there was some reasoning behind it, as it seems to be an interesting trend ive noticed. So piss off.

DamianTV
12-19-2007, 07:43 PM
Why do women in the forums use their pics as avatars?

Why do we keep trying to find new ways to separate ourselves? Divided we fall. What I think we should continue doing is to find ways to stand together.

torchbearer
12-19-2007, 07:46 PM
I enjoy seeing the people I'm talking to...

ThePieSwindler
12-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Why do we keep trying to find new ways to separate ourselves? Divided we fall. What I think we should continue doing is to find ways to stand together.

What the fuck does this thread have to do with being "divided"? I'm just asking a simple question about an interesting trend i have noticed, and was wondering if it had any consistency to it or if it was just a coincidence. So i'm not sure what the hell youre talking about here.

I enjoy seeing the people I'm talking to...

Well ok, theres an answer that i'm looking for...

voytechs
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
Dude you must be really bored. You should pickup a Ron Paul sign, go outside and wave it at some people.

Cheers...

partypooper
12-19-2007, 08:17 PM
This is something I have wondered for a very long time. Why do so many women in the forums use photos of themselves as avatars?

perhaps you are not aware that some of us who don't use pictures are women. i am not saying your generalization is incorrect - it is just not obvious to me that it is correct. after all, i have seen more than one personal male avatar.

Bryan
12-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Let's keep it civil everyone. :)

jenninlouisiana
12-19-2007, 08:20 PM
I think you are noticing it because you are looking for it.

microsect
12-19-2007, 09:15 PM
Dude you must be really bored. You should pickup a Ron Paul sign, go outside and wave it at some people.

Cheers...

Excellent idea!

ThePieSwindler, I hope you heard that..

thisisgiparti
12-19-2007, 09:29 PM
who do you mean, like "tropicangela"? LOL.

NocturnalC
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I read that the male to female ratio of RP supporters is huge. So it's nice to see all the ladies, young and older, that support RP and aren't afraid to represent. That ratio gap is probably getting smaller by the day. Why any male RP supporter be ashamed of the women here is beyond me.

kaleidoscope eyes
12-19-2007, 10:04 PM
oh, I thought this pic of me was just ADORABLE! lol ;P

ThePieSwindler
12-20-2007, 01:11 PM
So apparently people were offending by this thread or something. Now first off, i was not "bored" when i wrote this, and i have seen some far worse thread topics written on this forum. Second, i figured after i made this thread, that alot of the women were under names you wouldnt expect to be women. And no, i didnt "go looking" for this trend, it just happened to be something i noticed. But of course, turns out no one actually cares about the answer (other than a few people), but are perfectly content with ridiculing the thread premise and telling me to get off my ass, etc etc.

Why any male RP supporter be ashamed of the women here is beyond me.

I never said i was ashamed, thought it had any value positive or negative, i simply was just curious. But apparently people just like attaching unfounded motives to people questions. Whatever, let this thread die away. (it was already dead by the time i responded, but i had to finish this with a response)