PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Republicans running for office

roversaurus
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
The Ron Paul campaign should look for candidates that Ron Paul could endorse.

There must be some. What would happen to a candidate Ron Paul supported?

Do you think some of us might give that candidate campaign money?

And once politicians begin thinking of Ron Paul as a potential money spigot
they will stumble all over themselves to give THEIR support to him.

I don't think Ron Paul would endorse someone who wasn't worthy and I would
SURE like some state and local and even federal candidates to come out in
favor of Paul.

Richie
12-19-2007, 05:17 PM
There is a Ron Paul Republican running for Congress in every district here in Maryland. You can find a list from your local Meet Up group, or visit your state's Board of Elections website, get a list of candidates running (usually it's a downloadable .PDF), and find out for yourself. There are also various websites for Ron Paul Republicans to list themselves, but they don't seem to be as popular as they should be.

Georgia Agrarian
12-19-2007, 07:20 PM
A Ron Paul Republican won a special election for the now deceased Charlie Norwood's seat in congress last summer. Paul Broun defeated the Georgia Repub establishment candidate in a runoff after the neo con got 46% of the vote, and Mr. Broun came in 2nd with about 20% in a 9 candidate field. The reason he won was because he had an army of volunteers who busted their humps campaigning in the 3 weeks between the first election and the runoff, while the establishment neo con candidate and his organization sat on their behinds and propagandized about what a "kook" Mr. Broun was. Sound familiar? Should give us all great hope.

Soon after the election Mr. Broun endorsed Dr. Paul for president. Dr. Paul was the first rep to greet Mr. Broun and congratulate him when he first set foot on the house floor. Of course, the neo cons hate his guts and have vowed to do everything possible to defeat him on super Tuesday in March.

If anyone here lives in his district, or anyone else as far as that goes, any help they can give Mr. Broun would be appreciated I am sure. He is going to need all the help he can get. He certainly won't get any from the Republican leadereship here in Georgia.

jonahtrainer
12-19-2007, 09:33 PM
There is a Ron Paul Republican running for Congress in every district here in Maryland. You can find a list from your local Meet Up group, or visit your state's Board of Elections website, get a list of candidates running (usually it's a downloadable .PDF), and find out for yourself. There are also various websites for Ron Paul Republicans to list themselves, but they don't seem to be as popular as they should be.

I was at our leadership meeting tonight and was talking with the director for the Ron Paul campaign in this area. He has encouraged my run for Congress before. I showed him my website and he liked it. He suggested an endorsement from Ron Paul which I'd like but I've only been involved with the campaign since about May and don't have much of a history in politics.

I was asking him about getting 5,000 signatures while we are out canvassing and he thought it was a good idea.

I figure if I can raise $150-200k I can put billboards at strategic locations throughout my district and gather in all the Ron Paul support. The current incumbent is a typical neo-con who needs to be booted out. I think I could have a shot. I guess we never know until we run. I hope to see a lot of Ron Pauliticians in Congress!