PDA

View Full Version : With Tancredo OUT- Where do we stand?

reaver
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
Tancredo didn't do bad in the Ames Straw poll- Where is his support going to split to?

LibertiORDeth
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
He's out?

reaver
12-19-2007, 04:02 PM
Yes. He's announcing tommorrow in Iowa.

fortilite
12-19-2007, 04:03 PM
Depends on who he endorses. Some will go to Thompson, some to Romney, some to us, some won't vote. I can't see them going for Huckabee or Rudy or McCain.

reaver
12-19-2007, 04:11 PM
I agree with that. I try and watch as much material on other candidates as possible and people who supported Tancredo were very attached to him. I have a hunch that a candidate that plagarized a plan from the Center for Immigration Studies will get the majority of his support.

Simpletruth
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Some have surmised that the reason Pat Buchanan has not yet endorsed Ron Paul is because his sister was working for Tancredo’s campaign. Does this now clear the way for a PB endorsement? It sure would be nice.

HOLLYWOOD
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
Maybe email the Tancredo team and ask nicely, if he's going to supporting RON PAUL? Or find out if he's supporting one of the Lying Presidental HACKS?

Would be nice to get TANCREDO's staff to join RP's... Pat Buchanan Sister is the Campaign Manager. Pat agree's quite a bit with RP! Pat Buchanan was on Washington Journal (C-SPAN) just this morning and spoke of RON PAUL!

http://www.buchanan.org/blog/ (http://www.buchanan.org/blog/) <=== Pat's Website

http://teamtancredo.org/home/

email: info@temtrancredo.org

reaver
12-19-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm not sure if a thousand pleases will get Tancredo to tell his supporters who to vote for.

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
Here is a post about this!
http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 04:55 PM
It would be great if he did indeed endorse Paul - it would give RP more credibility, but unfortunately Tancredo has very few supporters

TheIndependent
12-19-2007, 04:56 PM
With Tancredo OUT- Where do we stand?

Easy. We stand tall.

thisisgiparti
12-19-2007, 05:01 PM
I think his endorsement would most likely go to Fred Thompson or maybe Giuliani. I can't see him endorsing McCain, Romney or Huckabee given their track records on immigration.

nbhadja
12-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I think his endorsement would most likely go to Fred Thompson or maybe Giuliani. I can't see him endorsing McCain, Romney or Huckabee given their track records on immigration.

You have Rudy and Romney mixed up. Rudy has a terrible track record on immigration. Romney's isn't the best but is better than McCains, Rudys, and Huckabees.

thisisgiparti
12-19-2007, 05:11 PM
December 19, 2007
Read More: Misc

Comment of the month -- maybe year

So, as some of you may have noticed, I pretty much gave up on the idea of trying to reward good behavior with a "comment of the week."

The reality is -- to borrow a favored Rudy phrase -- that a political blog that allows for anonymous comments is not likely to draw much in the way of dispassionate analysis. While some of you have good, civil exchanges, many others (or perhaps it's just the same few people) would rather just post the latest oppo, lines of attack or just generally fulminate against your least favorite candidate.

Which is fine. I appreciate all my readers and especially those dedicated enough to post original comments (you folks know who you are).

Today, one commenter offered up a gem that deserves some love. It could be the best stuff yet.

When nobody commented on my map post -- perhaps there was no obvious peg to attack an opponent or tout one's own candidate based on a population-based map of Iowa -- "Bayzing" had this to say:

Since nobody is commenting on this post... I'll go ahead and take the liberty to do so for everyone...
Rhino: Wow, the biggest square is in Des Moines, that's a big city. Rudy ran a big city. Rudy will win New Hampshire.
Myra: Us Mormons... we're little all like little squares. Join our church - and vote for Mitt.
SON OF HAMILTON: Romney is a #$%@ flip-flopper. I don't get behind any candidate, I just hate that $%A?$# Romney.
JESSE: Who cares about Iowa, my man McCain will win New Hampshire and roll to the nomination anyway.
JAF: McCain - maybe. But I think Rudy rolls to the nomination... oh yeah... don't Mormons have horns on the back of their head?
Myra: Now we don't have horns, Mormons can be hard headed though because we're taught in priesthood to be frugal people, just like Mitt... vote Mitt for president.
PERCEPTION50: Mitt would be the best choice, look at all his executive experience.
CHARLES WILSON: MittCultPolygamyRomneyRacistMormons*%$#@!!!
Ah... glad I got that out of the way for all of us.

Bayzing, whoever you are, my hat is off to ya. You are a dedicated, dedicated reader.

But, as commenter "Jesse" noted, you did miss out on one obvious reference in your parody -- there was nothing about the "liberal wolfpack media" from Perception50.

AMAZING!!!

Minuteman2008
12-19-2007, 07:19 PM
I can tell you with utter complete certainty that his supporters won't flock to Huckabee, McCain, or Guiliani. They will mostly go to Paul, with some choosing Romney or Thompson. Huckabee, McCain and Guiliani are DESPISED by Tancredo's supporters.

Tancredo did a wonderful job bringing immigration to the forefront of the debates. That was why he ran; not to try to actually win. He's been a hero on this topic, and for those who have read his book In Mortal Danger know he can't be dismissed as just another "neocon" like so many uninformed sheep claim.

I'm sad to see him out so early, if it's true (though there is a ton of misinformation floating around), but happy for what he's done for this nation to bring awareness to the dangers of bilingualism, the cult of multiculturalism, and illegal immigration. Tancredo is retiring from Congress. But he'll be remembered by those who are informed as a true paleoconservative who wasn't afraid to stand his ground against liberal/neoconservative "proposition nation" politicians and ideologues with no regard for citizens of this nation.