PDA

View Full Version : Converting people with "President No"

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
Many people ask me what a Ron Paul Presidency would really be like, and the Mainstream Media has helped prepare people for the answer...

The media analysts, talk show hosts, political pundits, etc. have made it a default "fact" that "gridlock" in government is best. They say how great it is when there is a Democrat President and Republican Congress or vice versa, resulting in less legislation.

I remind people of this, and tell them that President Ron Paul will work in just that way, and it doesn't matter if the Congress is Republican or Democrat dominated. He will be "President No" (or "President Veto"), and at the very least, he will create some of this much praised gridlock, and stop the excesses of a single party (or single mindset) government.

No one has argued with this angle, and most people say "wow, that's a good point."

Try it out on your favorite skeptic...it's working for me.

Anyone else ever use this?

Mr. White
12-19-2007, 03:58 PM
All the time. Works on every Repub who's not a die-hard supporter of the war.

"The crazy stuff won't get passed, but you can count on him to veto every single spending increase Congress tries to put through."

mortepa
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Doctor Who for president???

Adamsa
12-19-2007, 04:08 PM
If there is one man who will stop the impending financial disaster.

I can't see anyone else.

Brian4Liberty
12-19-2007, 10:15 PM
All the time. Works on every Repub who's not a die-hard supporter of the war.

"The crazy stuff won't get passed, but you can count on him to veto every single spending increase Congress tries to put through."

It even works with Democrats!

Brian4Liberty
12-21-2007, 11:28 AM
Anybody else use this tact (President Veto)? With all of the door to door, meet-ups and campaigning advise that has occurred, I am curious as to whether this had been discussed or used...