PDA

View Full Version : Host & CoHost Suggestions

Cali4RonPaul
12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Who would you like to see host the program?

AceNZ
12-19-2007, 05:00 PM
I think having a political comedian as host would be ideal.

What do you think about using an interview / talk show format? Then bring on a lot of guests to talk about politics in America.

Cali4RonPaul
12-19-2007, 05:03 PM
I think having a political comedian as host would be ideal.

What do you think about using an interview / talk show format? Then bring on a lot of guests to talk about politics in America.

A political comedian plus a beauty maybe?

The format I will let all of you decide, its a consensus..

We shouldnt stray from the telethon concept as it was suggested now a paulathon.. haha.

I envision people in the back behind laptop computers and phones ringing all around behind them.. what do you guys thing about that?

This will give an opportunity for volunteers who want to help and be on TV in the background.

AceNZ
12-19-2007, 05:15 PM
A "telethon" doesn't have just one format. We can put our own spin on it, as all other telethons also do.

Isn't one of the goals to get people to call the campaign, and make their donations there? The campaign staff can't be on the telethon, so what would the people on the phones in the show be doing?

Cali4RonPaul
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
A "telethon" doesn't have just one format. We can put our own spin on it, as all other telethons also do.

Isn't one of the goals to get people to call the campaign, and make their donations there? The campaign staff can't be on the telethon, so what would the people on the phones in the show be doing?

I agree there is no singular telethon concept.. it is up to the people on how best to display this.. though I would like to keep the hustle and bustle i see on many a telethon with the phones buzzing and people chatting away.. to me it adds excitement.

What we could do is keep the phone banks open to fund our own grassroots projects through one of our own PACs and launch our own videos nationwide, in keeping with our media blitz theme.

One thing we could do is encourage people to call the campaign directly post that number at the top of the screen. And advertise the official campaign number ONLY on the program.

And perhaps on the tv blitz website we can post the telethon number and just let everyone know that the the TV Blitz number is ACCEPTING PLEDGES. After they pledge we can call fwd the number to the campaign.

If People want to call us and say we want to PLEDGE $50 or whatever amount !! Great!! we can ask them do you have a message or a dedication and give them a set number of words. And we can stream it live across the screen.

Example. "Dorothy Smith $45.00 Freedom is truly popular"... "Joe Craig $1240 viva the revolution"

In this sense it keeps all our volunteers busy and should make for some added entertainment.

AceNZ
12-19-2007, 05:35 PM
So maybe we show two phone numbers. One for the official campaign. The other for grassroots projects, which would be answered by the phone bank on the show.

It would also be cool to invite grassroots supporters to either come on the show themselves to present a pitch for their project, or to submit a video that will be shown. It would help demonstrate RP's broad support, while also giving people an opportunity to get involved themselves.

I'm not sure about the idea of "pledges". The blimp ran into big problems with that approach. Why not stay with what the campaign itself and the money bombs have been using -- real donations.

Cali4RonPaul
12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
So maybe we show two phone numbers. One for the official campaign. The other for grassroots projects, which would be answered by the phone bank on the show.

It would also be cool to invite grassroots supporters to either come on the show themselves to present a pitch for their project, or to submit a video that will be shown. It would help demonstrate RP's broad support, while also giving people an opportunity to get involved themselves.

I'm not sure about the idea of "pledges". The blimp ran into big problems with that approach. Why not stay with what the campaign itself and the money bombs have been using -- real donations.

The only issue I see with advertising two numbers, is what if we re-air the segment.. our grassroots phonebank wouldnt be open. And if our volunteers can cope with the call volume, the campaign has dedicated staffers..

The pledges on the program would be for the official campaign.. and we will be fwding the number after we get their pledge and comment. I figure if we keep the telethon number on our website and leave it to us or the people "in the know" we will be okay. any thoughts? if not im not sure how we can make a functional telethon while funding the campaign without taking a direct role.

Our efforts should be funded prior to airing.. so telethon is already funded prior to airing,.

As far as the content of the videos and editing we can disclose this and vote on it. :D

Supporters could come on the show, but they have to be voted on. This would eliminate any antipaul crashers on a live show.

drakt1234
01-12-2008, 07:49 PM
I would love to see Jon Stewart although he is a Dem (i think) it couldn't hurt to try. He has spoken positively about Ron Paul on his show. If not a comedian host maybe some lesser known comedians could come and get themselves exposure while providing some laughs for the viewers.