PDA

View Full Version : Will normal Republicans actually bother to vote?

agisthos
07-07-2007, 09:12 PM
When ever the MSM does a phone poll you usually see Mitt or Rudy winning but I have to say does anybody here really think the normal republicans will actually moblize to vote ?

I would say that half of the people who say yes to Rudy or Mitt or McCain in a phone poll will not bother to votes in the primaries.

I think this is the reason why Fred is now polling so well. Not so much because he is popular but because the people have a general disatisfaction with politicians.

Ron Paul can trully be a big suprise here. You only have to see the Straw Poll results coming through to see that Ron's supporters will turn up on the day and this can make all the difference in the world.

mport1
07-07-2007, 09:15 PM
I really hope your right.

yongrel
07-07-2007, 09:16 PM
I've always been of the opinion that one of RP's greatest strengths is that he has a support base motivated enough to actually vote in the primaries.

Thatguyuknow
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I think a lot of republicans are disillusioned with their party, that's the whole reason I went from republican/democrat/ron paul in a very short amount of time.. I know that with all the issues pelting Bush, and low approval ratings... and an ousting of both houses of congress.. Republicans don't have much to look forward to in the 2008 election. Most will vote, but the independent swing voters won't swing to the right.

Silverback
07-07-2007, 09:21 PM
The Giuliani/McCain support the polls show is kinda hard to fathom.

On the other hand there's still a lot of Rockefeller Republicans in some parts of the country, and a lot of Republicans who've been successfully terrorized, that's Rudys base.

McCain is done.

Thompson has real support, on many of my forums people aren't interested in Ron because they support Fred. I really hope you guys who think he won't run are correct, because if he doesn't we're going to get a HUGE bump in the polls from all the people that support Fred now.

Romney has Utah locked up and little else, he's on the way down.

MozoVote
07-07-2007, 09:53 PM
The establishment Republicans can accept the new wing of the party or lose. My guess is the fear of Democrats running House, Senate, and Presidency will keep them in tow.

Minuteman2008
07-08-2007, 08:06 PM
I have to say that there is no hope for the GOP when McCain and Giuliani are picked by the corporate media as "frontrunners". I am still hopeful since there is a LONG way to go. I truly believe the MSM chose Fred Thompson and is now pushing him even though he has a terrible record on the issues that matter to conservatives.

The only candidates who are actually conservative are Paul (first and foremost), Tancredo and Hunter. Yet the corrupt media keeps pushing McCain, Giuliani and Thompson. If we allow any of those to win the nomination there is absolutely no hope of beating Hillary. As previous posters have pointed out, the independent swing vote is very important. And there is no way that vote goes to more neocons.

UtahApocalypse
07-08-2007, 08:08 PM
Romney has Utah locked up and little else, he's on the way down.

We have plans for that :)

rp4prez
07-08-2007, 08:11 PM
Well if the online polls are any hint at who's going to vote Ron Paul is going to win by a land slide! :)

I mean seriously think about this for a second. Who are the people most likely going to go out of their way to vote? I would ponder a guess and say Ron Paul supporters correct? So far the supporters of the other candidates don't do squat so what makes someone think they are going to go out and actually vote?

Any thoughts?

Original_Intent
07-08-2007, 08:11 PM

Yep. :D

Mesogen
07-09-2007, 08:35 AM
When will people realize that Fred Thompson is an insider? an establishment Republican?

I don't get why people believe his outsider shtick.

smtwngrl
07-10-2007, 12:49 PM

Tell me more. :) (wondering if I should be wishing I were in Utah ;) )

Slugg
07-10-2007, 01:50 PM
I don't get why people believe his outsider shtick.

Because it's what they are told.