PDA

View Full Version : MONEYBOMB COMPROMISE: 3 Birthdays In January

adwads
12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
(EDITED - ACTUALLY 5 BIRTHDAYS IN JANUARY - admin., please fix title)

We should do a 5-day, spread out moneybomb. There are FIVE birthdays that are important in American History that we could celebrate in January. We need more moneybombs in January to gain publicity before the Feb. 5 super duper primary day.

Jan 1 - PAUL REVERE's birthday.

Jan 12 - JOHN HANCOCK's birthday.

Jan 17 - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN's birthday.

Jan 21 - MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.'s birthday.

Jan 29 - THOMAS PAINE's birthday.

We could celebrate American History in January with mini-money bombs on each of those days. What could be more patriotic?

We could do something like everybody donate $25 on each of those days or something like that. OR MAYBE, we could aim for $10 MILLION IN JANUARY adding up the combined total of all the moneybombs in January.

Doing ONLY MLK day is turning out to be too controversial. And why would we ignore the other 4 patriots? I think that would be a mistake. MLK and all of the others are all important.

OR, HERE IS AN ALTERNATIVE STRUCTURE... (thanks to Antonious Stone)

as opposed to dropping a one-day $6M Nuclear Money-Bomb, why don't we have a 7-day $10M Carpetbombing Campaign?

Dec 31st-Jan 1st - New Years' and Paul Revere's bithday. Have a mini-bomb or a "grenade" to raise $1-2M
Jan 12th- The Grassroots steps up by having a nationally-coordinating signwaving and door-to-door campaigning day to celebrate John Hancock's birthday, leading through the 13th up until...
Jan 14th- begin the 7-day money "carpetbombing" campaign
Jan 15th-16th- Signwaving, door-to-door nationwide, more carpetbombing for fundraising
Jan 17th - Nationwide rallies and walks to commemorate Benjamin Franklin
Jan 17th-20th - Continue money "carpetbombing" campaign
Jan 21st- Nationwide rallies, walks, sign waving to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr., sum up the money "carpetbomb" campaign to close up the fund raiser

Fundraising goal for "Patriot Week": $10M

KewlRonduderules
12-19-2007, 03:32 PM
This does not sound like a bad idea. Pick a day to donate from above instead of creating controversy over Martin Luther King.

Good thinking.

FrankRep
12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Mini bombs

BarryDonegan
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
calling them mini bombs means you dont have the media pressure to have a huge day

adwads
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
calling them mini bombs means you dont have the media pressure to have a huge day

I think this is better though. Ad some variety into the mix. We could market it as a 3-day money bomb bonanza spread out over the major birthdays in American History in January. I think its creative and that they media will feel compelled to cover it.

Noble
12-19-2007, 03:36 PM
We can make it a competition, which day will raise the most?

chandlerLBT
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
I kind of like this idea, but I'm sure as soon as MLK Day receives the least amount of donations the media will call us racists again.

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
no no, I asy if we are going for mlk money bomb we have to perform for that one...

adwads
I kind of like this idea, but I'm sure as soon as MLK Day receives the least amount of donations the media will call us racists again.

We could have some sort of structure to plan the donations so that doesn't happen. I don't know when MLK day is, is it 1/15 or 1/21??? If it's 1/21 it will be the last one in the series, and could potentially be the biggest...

skolwulf
There is no other day between the 1st and 17th? The 15th is just so close.

I do like the idea of a Franklin fundraiser, much more in theme with the campaign. It could be our "key" to success.

adwads
12-19-2007, 03:40 PM
There is no other day between the 1st and 17th? The 15th is just so close.

I do like the idea of a Franklin fundraiser, much more in theme with the campaign. It could be our "key" to success.

actually MLK day is OBSERVED on Jan 21 -- that could be our day

adwads
12-19-2007, 03:44 PM
The other thing that we could do is have one of the moneybombs dedicated to operation NH, another one to the official campaign, etc...

chandlerLBT
12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
MLK Day is always on a Monday, I think it's the 21st in 2008.

atilla
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
you left out Robert E Lee, a true christian gentleman respected in both the north and south. (at least after the war, nowdays these ignorant lefties probably hate him)

January 19, 1807

his plantation is now the Arlington National Cemetery. i went to Robert E Lee high school.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_E._Lee

adwads
12-19-2007, 03:47 PM
you left out Robert E Lee, a true christian gentleman respected in both the north and south. (at least after the war, nowdays these ignorant lefties probably hate him)

January 19, 1807

his plantation is now the Arlington National Cemetery. i went to Robert E Lee high school.

Now THAT would be controversial...but hey, if were doing MLK, maybe we should consider it.

aspiringconstitutionalist
12-19-2007, 03:48 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea, as long as we don't live in this money-bomb mindset at the expense of doing the really important things like becoming/recruiting delegates, going door-to-door, canvassing, and advertising. More money is always good, but somehow I have the feeling Ron Paul is doing fine for cash right now, and what we most need to do is raise his name-recognition and convert those who have heard of Paul but don't support him. Money bombs get us a little boost in name recognition, but nothing compared to that that happens when we talk to people person to person.

adwads
12-19-2007, 03:50 PM
Doesn't sound like a bad idea, as long as we don't live in this money-bomb mindset at the expense of doing the really important things like becoming/recruiting delegates, going door-to-door, canvassing, and advertising. More money is always good, but somehow I have the feeling Ron Paul is doing fine for cash right now, and what we most need to do is raise his name-recognition and convert those who have heard of Paul but don't support him. Money bombs get us a little boost in name recognition, but nothing compared to that that happens when we talk to people person to person.

RP still needs a steady income of cash though. We can't do NOTHING as far as fundraising is concerned until super tuesday (feb. 5). That would be ridiculous because campaigns need steady cash. We can still do moneybombs and be focused on door to door canvassing. We're smart enough to do both.

chipvogel
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
January 20th 1 year till Ron Paul is President

adwads
12-19-2007, 03:54 PM
We could actually make it a $10 MILLION DOLLARS FOR JANUARY campaign--by spreading out the donations over the major birthdays of American History figures.

We could actually raise that $10 mil that we were hoping we were going to do with the tea party.

adwads
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
* Bump *

JaredR26
12-19-2007, 04:07 PM
i don't think any bomb before the 15th is a good idea. We don't want people to hold back during the 4th quarter.

The 21st for MLK seems perfect.

adwads
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
i don't think any bomb before the 15th is a good idea. We don't want people to hold back during the 4th quarter.

The 21st for MLK seems perfect.

MLK only is turning out to be very controversial. On the poll (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60404) you don't even get 1/2 of the grassroots firmly supporting it.

Doc Dewey
12-19-2007, 04:18 PM
The mini bombs could be called grenades.

Why not have one on the tenth, twentieth, and thirtieth.
Ask for donations according to the date.

ten for the 10th

twenty for the 20th

thirty for the 30th.

That way we can continue support without having to come up with
revolutionary dates every couple of weeks. I think it is time
for a change. The big money bombs have been done and the
effect will be greatly diminished if we don't keep beating a record
each time.

We could also target some special projects like the 5 buck project
or the blimp with a money grenade. We should coordinate the
way we donate so we don't have to have five different methods
to donate for each project.

adwads
12-19-2007, 04:24 PM
If you support this idea of 3 birthdays in January, can you come up with some sort of graphic that promotes it? I just want to see how it looks to see if its captivating...I have no graphic skills so I have no idea what to do.

Jesubub
12-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Jan. 12 - John Hancock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hancock)
Jan. 29 - Thomas Paine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Paine)

adwads
12-19-2007, 04:35 PM
Jan. 12 - John Hancock (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Hancock)
Jan. 29 - Thomas Paine (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Paine)

Damn there's lots of b-days in Jan

Wilkero
12-19-2007, 04:37 PM
Hey -- you left out Elvis Presley!

He was born January 8, 1935.

deltabourne
12-19-2007, 04:40 PM
I'm not sure I like this idea. Too many different ones mean they won't get enough attention. It could flop somewhat miserably. Better to have just one big one towards the end of the month. Suck it up, MLK haters, even RP said he advocated his policies.

walt
12-19-2007, 04:41 PM
Jan 17, 1706 - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN was born.

adwads
12-19-2007, 04:43 PM
Bump - extensive editing on 1st post to reflect more birthdays.

We should do a 5-day, spread out moneybomb. There are FIVE birthdays that are important in American History that we could celebrate in January. We need more moneybombs in January to gain publicity before the Feb. 5 super duper primary day.

Jan 1 - PAUL REVERE's birthday.

Jan 12 - JOHN HANCOCK's birthday.

Jan 17 - BENJAMIN FRANKLIN's birthday.

Jan 21 - MARTIN LUTHER KING JR.'s birthday.

Jan 29 - THOMAS PAINE's birthday.

We could celebrate American History in January with mini-money bombs on each of those days. What could be more patriotic?

We could do something like everybody donate $25 on each of those days or something like that. OR MAYBE, we could aim for $10 MILLION IN JANUARY adding up the combined total of all the moneybombs in January.

celticsman7
12-19-2007, 04:44 PM
Though Revere's birthday is good, we can't do it because we're already having a mini-bomb on New Year's Eve.

Benjamin Franklin - January 17th....Perfect. Great man, great date because it's two days before Nevada and SC which would generate some media attention.

MLK Day - January 21st....Good day to celebrate MLK's committment to non-violence.

Thomas Paine - January 29th.....That's one we have to have. Vital in bringing on the Revolution and it would end January on a good note.

adwads
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure I like this idea. Too many different ones mean they won't get enough attention. It could flop somewhat miserably. Better to have just one big one towards the end of the month. Suck it up, MLK haters, even RP said he advocated his policies.

How could we possibly choose ONLY MLK now that we know there are so many American patriots born in January? Its obvious that just selecting MLK has become too controversial

Drknows
12-19-2007, 04:48 PM
i say we include all the peace makers into one theme. Anyone that was for freedom and stood up against oppression.

Antonius Stone
12-19-2007, 04:51 PM
I say we just call it "Patriot Day" and donate in the name of all American Heroes born in January

adwads
12-19-2007, 04:55 PM
I say we just call it "Patriot Day" and donate in the name of all American Heroes born in January

Why don't we have a $10 million for January campaign or something?

Antonius Stone
12-19-2007, 05:02 PM
Why don't we have a $10 million for January campaign or something?

as opposed to dropping a one-day $6M Nuclear Money-Bomb, why don't we have a 7-day $10M Carpetbombing Campaign?

On Dec 31st-Jan 1st, in honor of New Years' and Paul Revere's bithday, we have a mini-bomb or a "grenade" to raise $1-2M

Jan 12th- The Grassroots steps up by having a nationally-coordinating signwaving and door-to-door campaigning day to celebrate John Hancock's birthday, leading through the 13th up until...

Jan 14th- begin the 7-day money "carpetbombing" campaign
Jan 15th-16th- Signwaving, door-to-door nationwide, more carpetbombing for fundraising
Jan 17th - Nationwide rallies and walks to commemorate Benjamin Franklin
Jan 17th-20th - Continue money "carpetbombing" campaign
Jan 21st- Nationwide rallies, walks, sign waving to commemorate Martin Luther King Jr., sum up the money "carpetbomb" campaign to close up the fund raiser

Fundraising goal for "Patriot Week": $10M

Jan 29th - Nationwide Rallies and another "mini-bomb" of $1-2M for Thomas Paine

adwads
12-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I like it--I'll put it in the first post of the thread

Unspun
12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
We can make it a competition, which day will raise the most?

The Free Market at work ;)

adwads
12-19-2007, 05:08 PM
The Free Market at work ;)

I like that too, the problem is that if MLK day gets the lowest, we could be branded as racists...that can be fixed by a lot of people deciding to donate on MLK day.

Check out the new thread incorporating all of our ideas for January:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60563

francioshouse
12-19-2007, 08:51 PM
The Following website has a list of Money Bomb dates. Regional Money bomb (http:www.geocities.com/francisklinkner/ronpaul.html)

davidhperry
12-19-2007, 08:54 PM
- -

ladyliberty
12-19-2007, 09:03 PM

January 19, 1807

I know people who bake a cake every year for Robert E Lee's birthday! :D

I like the idea of the month long "Carpet Bombing" - I am sure you can find some old WWII film footage of just that sort of event to go with it...great visual...

each bomb dropped should have things written on it like they did back in WWII =

one for IRS, one for NAFTA, etc, etc, etc,

Then maybe the different bombs compete - each one attempting to raise more than the previous one - with a grand total at the end!

Matthew Zak
12-19-2007, 09:05 PM
It's too early. Too soon after the holidays as well as our last money bomb. It won't generate buzz. It will only take away from the money that could be spent earlier for a bombing campaign that will generate no publicity whatsoever.

ladyliberty
12-19-2007, 09:07 PM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-8710899634224673155&q=world+war+two+military+bombing&total=81&start=0&num=10&so=0&type=search&plindex=2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJDmuEuC8I

this sort of footage may be appropriate to gain further ideas from?

free.alive
12-20-2007, 12:19 AM
This is the best idea yet!

Paul4Prez
12-20-2007, 12:25 AM
Picking one big monthly bomb appears to be working -- let's keep doing it.

If people want to organize other big donation days, let them do it. November 11th and November 30th didn't hurt the big bombs, and raised a few hundred thousand that might not otherwise have been raised.

agape64
12-20-2007, 03:23 PM
I vote for ben franklin's birthday... Paul revere would be 2nd.

Let's do a vote when we have a decent list of options.