PDA

View Full Version : New white supremacist smear

Blooze
12-19-2007, 03:20 PM
Just found this article

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-ron-paul-white-supremacist,1,6624012.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines

Amazing... they have been reduced to trying to link Dr Paul to White Supremacists?

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I saw Paul address that with Cavuto a few minutes ago, and I gotaa say he did quite well.

They're really digging for bad stuff on Paul.

Blooze
12-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Is there a transcription of that somewhere that you know of? I'd love to see his response.

FluffyUnbound
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
Some cocksucker AP reporter decided to print Jesse Benton's two-month old statement as if it were new news.

Everyone should email and call the AP, because all the information in this article is months old and the only reason he could possibly have to re-write this article is because he supports another candidate.

chinaCat
12-19-2007, 03:35 PM
It is an AP story so it could get a decent amount of exposure.

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hp_7eNYJJfvcUXW2po0M40ePbMeQD8TKOQHG0

EDIT: I posted at the exact same time as the above poster.

Also, I think they do a good job at making Paul look good here, but the headline kills it. The Headline is what makes this a bad piece, that and the story being months old.

Spirit of '76
12-19-2007, 03:36 PM
They got no traction out of this story when they first ran it months ago. Why are they resurrecting it now?

crusader
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Its now being posted on several local news station websites and even Foxnews website.

TheNewYorker
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Hehe.

With Rudy Giulini being a crossdresser, making the taxpayers pay for his mistress to have security. With Mike Huckabee being the taxmaster, with Mike Huckabee releasing a felon that went on to rape and kill a woman, with Mike Huckabee's son being a psycopath. With Fred Thompson being a former lobbyist for a pro-abortion group. With Mitt Romney buying 75% of radio stations in the USA, with Mitt Romney tying his dog to the top of his car.

And the best they can dig up on Ron Paul is that a white supremacist might have donated to him?

LOL.

chinaCat
12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
with Mitt Romney tying his dog to the top of his car.

What, are you sure it wasn't Huckabee's son?
Seriously, I haven't herd about this.

malkusm
12-19-2007, 04:10 PM
"Dr. Paul stands for freedom, peace, prosperity and inalienable rights. If someone with small ideologies happens to contribute money to Ron, thinking he can influence Ron in any way, he's wasted his money," Paul spokesman Jesse Benton said. "Ron is going to take the money and try to spread the message of freedom."

"And that's $500 less that this guy has to do whatever it is that he does," Benton added.

Absolutely right, the story is actually positive but the headline killed it.

liberty_rp08
12-19-2007, 04:14 PM
They got no traction out of this story when they first ran it months ago. Why are they resurrecting it now?

Because they are desperate.

http://www.alexa.com/data/details/traffic_details/ronpaul2008.com/ronpaul2008.com/ronpaul2008.com/ronpaul2008.com?h=300&h=400&range=6m&site0=ronpaul2008.com&site1=joinrudy2008.com&site2=hillaryclinton.com&site3=&site4=&size=Medium&w=610&w=700&y=r&z=3&z=3

Daamien
12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
Another regurgitated smear article lacking any substance. Perhaps they should be thorough and similarly investigate the donations of other controversial individuals to other candidates.

A candidate's supporters are irrelevant. An odd or controversial supporter is no more important than a normal supporter. Apparently the media has failed terribly at that logic given the incessant articles pertaining to Ron Paul's support from conspiracy theorists, white supremacists, strippers, and whore-house owners.

TheNewYorker
12-19-2007, 05:06 PM
What, are you sure it wasn't Huckabee's son?
Seriously, I haven't herd about this.

Yeah Mitt Romney and his family went on vacation 6 or 7 months ago and tied his dog to the cop of the car. True story, it was on the news and was a big topic here on the Ron Paul forums back then.

Nothing really came about from it though. Had Ron Paul done it you know it would have been the headline everywhere.

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 05:23 PM
Uhh.... "any PR is good PR" ?!?!

:confused: :(

Matt Collins
12-19-2007, 05:26 PM
Should I get this on the radio?

snaFU
12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Hehe.

With Rudy Giulini being a crossdresser, making the taxpayers pay for his mistress to have security. With Mike Huckabee being the taxmaster, with Mike Huckabee releasing a felon that went on to rape and kill a woman, with Mike Huckabee's son being a psycopath. With Fred Thompson being a former lobbyist for a pro-abortion group. With Mitt Romney buying 75% of radio stations in the USA, with Mitt Romney tying his dog to the top of his car.

And the best they can dig up on Ron Paul is that a white supremacist might have donated to him?

LOL.

even though your right it hurts us more.

V-rod
12-19-2007, 06:32 PM
Yeah Mitt Romney and his family went on vacation 6 or 7 months ago and tied his dog to the cop of the car. True story, it was on the news and was a big topic here on the Ron Paul forums back then.

Nothing really came about from it though. Had Ron Paul done it you know it would have been the headline everywhere.

The story came out 6 months ago but I believe the incident took place more than a decade ago.

tropicangela
12-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Absolutely right, the story is actually positive but the headline killed it.

Good point... I stand corrected... but we need a better headline!