PDA

View Full Version : Umm...... the Ron Paul Myspace Moderator REALLY MESSED UP!!!

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Hi just sent this message out to over 100,000 people.

LISTEN TO THIS INTERVIEW AND TELL ME IF YOU THINK THAT WAS SOMETHING THAT SHOULD HAVE BEEN SENT OUT

Says Paul has no support in his District.... calls him a Racists.... and they talk about earmarks.... and the civil war..... TOTALLY ANTI-PAUL Radio interview....

I wonder how many people out of the 100,000 are no longer supporters because of this interview?
================================================== =====
Dear Ron Paul Supporters,

NPR (National Public Radio) is asking Ron Paul supporters about themselves and why you support Ron Paul's candidacy.

Visit www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2007/12/who_are_ron_pauls_supporters.html and let them know who you are.

Warm Regards,
Greg Chamberlain
MySpace Moderator for Ron Paul

Ethek
12-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Ugh

fortilite
12-19-2007, 03:25 PM
Is this the same MySpace moderator who didn't make an announcement for the moneybomb on the 16th?

Benaiah
12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
I think that Ron's 15-year-old granddaughter runs his MySpace site.

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
Call The Headquarters And Make Them Fire This Mole!!!!!!!!!!!!

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:28 PM
I think that Ron's 15-year-old granddaughter runs his MySpace site.

Warm Regards,
Greg Chamberlain
MySpace Moderator for Ron Paul

I doubt Greg Chamberlain is his grandson

Benaiah
12-19-2007, 03:29 PM
didn't see that.

MarcMadness
12-19-2007, 03:29 PM
What's the problem here?

But yes I agree the Myspace Moderator is a joke.

wfd40
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
wait a second... there's was an opportunity to remind 100Kplus MySpacers about the TeaParty and it didn't happen??!!!?

You're kidding right?

blakjak
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
The myspace moderator doesn't send out messages per say, but rather bulletins. If he deletes the bulletin, the people that have not logged into their account since the bulletin was posted will never see it.

tmg19103
12-19-2007, 03:31 PM
Good move. The NPR article sucks, but if you click on the blog section at the bottom there are now hundreds of RP supporters describing themselves - and they are normal, hardworking married people with kids in many cases. Dispells the fringe, kook supporter myth.

blakjak
12-19-2007, 03:32 PM
wait a second... there's was an opportunity to remind 100Kplus MySpacers about the TeaParty and it didn't happen??!!!?

You're kidding right?

A reminder was sent... albeit a little later in the day.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=56820&highlight=myspace

fortilite
12-19-2007, 03:32 PM
I just think he should have gotten the word out about the 16th better. I don't have a problem with this most recent bulletin, just wish he had done more for the money bomb.

ShowMeLiberty
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
I don't see the problem with the bulletin either.

The NPR story itself was lame but the many, many responses from Ron Paul supporters on the web page (http://www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2007/12/who_are_ron_pauls_supporters.html#commentform) are absolutely wonderful. The vast majority are intelligent, articulate statements of support. Many are touching and heartfelt. I've been revisiting the page all day to read more because they are lifting my spirit and renewing my hope in a big win for Dr. Paul.

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't see the problem with the bulletin either.

The NPR story itself was lame but the many, many responses from Ron Paul supporters on the web page (http://www.npr.org/blogs/bryantpark/2007/12/who_are_ron_pauls_supporters.html#commentform) are absolutely wonderful. The vast majority are intelligent, articulate statements of support. Many are touching and heartfelt. I've been revisiting the page all day to read more because they are lifting my spirit and renewing my hope in a big win for Dr. Paul.

Now 100,000 Ron Paul supporters were exposing to material that are hit jobs... and can only be explained by Ron Paul himself.

How about he posts a bulletin to 100,000 saying that Ron Paul hates *******?

fortilite
12-19-2007, 03:38 PM
Now 100,000 Ron Paul supporters were exposing to material that are hit jobs... and can only be explained by Ron Paul himself.

How about he posts a bulletin to 100,000 saying that Ron Paul hates *******?

Umm, I don't see anything majorly inflammatory about that article. The article asked for feedback, and boy were they given it. And in a positive way.

speciallyblend
12-19-2007, 03:39 PM
im confused ,why the hostility?,i understand disagreements but he did send a reminder,maybe not like everyone wanted but geeez lighten up we freaking raised 6.2 million then a half million the next day and we are getting hundereds of new donors daily,please explain the problem? other then disagreements.

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
Umm, I don't see anything majorly inflammatory about that article. The article asked for feedback, and boy were they given it. And in a positive way.

Hey... [Admin - removed member insult] LISTEN TO THE RADIO INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Malakai0
12-19-2007, 03:42 PM
NPR has actually had some of the most biased written articles I've read. I used to be a big NPR fan too.

From what I have seen from them (hit pieces) and heard on the radio (nothing), I'm not very motivated to talk to them.

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
NPR has actually had some of the most biased written articles I've read. I used to be a big NPR fan too.

From what I have seen from them (hit pieces) and heard on the radio (nothing), I'm not very motivated to talk to them.

IT IS NOT A ARTICLE IT IS A RADIO INTERVIEW

Energy
12-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I added a short comment last night and don't see it right now.

Itzsoez
12-19-2007, 03:46 PM
anyone know why thousands of people quit the Ron Paul meetup groups?

there were 86k people now 82k and around 40 groups no longer exist

does anyone have any info on this?

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:52 PM

It might be because Ron Paul dismissed 9/11 truth

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:53 PM
What is wrong PEOPLE.... THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!!!!!

The MYSPACE MoDERATOR NEEDS TO BE FIRED OVER THIS!!!!!!!

SENDING OUR A LINK TO A RADIO INTERVIEW THAT SLAMMED RON PAUL!!!!!!!

nathanmn
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
What is wrong PEOPLE.... THIS IS A BIG DEAL!!!!!!!

The MYSPACE MoDERATOR NEEDS TO BE FIRED OVER THIS!!!!!!!

SENDING OUR A LINK TO A RADIO INTERVIEW THAT SLAMMED RON PAUL!!!!!!!

Don't you have something better to do? If Ron Paul had everyone fired that someone on this board had called for, he wouldn't have any staff left.

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Don't you have something better to do? If Ron Paul had everyone fired that someone on this board had called for, he wouldn't have any staff left.

No i don;t....... Ron Paul needs to fire people that are sabotaging his campaign

Mr. White
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Go hand out some slimjims.

dsentell
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM

Only personal experience. I organized a meetup group. The website promised me 8 members. I paid the $45 and they only gave me 3 members. Never any mention of the other 5 . . . I proceeded to enlist people locally and we formed a group of my local recruits (who had no knowledge of meetups). The 3 people meetups gave me never responded. Three more people eventually joined through meetups, the closest being approximately 180 miles away. These three people never participated in our activities.

Finally, I realized that my group had not benefited in any manner from meetups. I decided that the group I had recruited without the "assistance" of meetups, could best use the $45 to purchase materials or donate to the campaign rather than pay the money to meetups.com. So, I cancelled the meetup group.

My group has not changed at all, except that I am no longer paying meetups and no longer have the hassle of meetups . . .

We are just a "non-meetup" Ron Paul support group.

Just my experience . . .

blakjak
12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
No i don;t....... Ron Paul needs to fire people that are sabotaging his campaign

The myspace moderator is not a paid staff member. He does it voluntarily.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 04:00 PM
Only personal experience. I organized a meetup group. The website promised me 8 members. I paid the $45 and they only gave me 3 members. Never any mention of the other 5 . . . I proceeded to enlist people locally and we formed a group of my local recruits (who had no knowledge of meetups). The 3 people meetups gave me never responded. Three more people eventually joined through meetups, the closest being approximately 180 miles away. These three people never participated in our activities.

Finally, I realized that my group had not benefited in any manner from meetups. I decided that the group I had recruited without the "assistance" of meetups, could best use the $45 to purchase materials or donate to the campaign rather than pay the money to meetups.com. So, I cancelled the meetup group.

My group has not changed at all, except that I am no longer paying meetups and no longer have the hassle of meetups . . .

Just my experience . . .

true meetups only work in places with enough demand, and in addition to that there were a few moles in meetups that hopefully are disbanding because they were hurting more than helping. People trying to latch THEIR issue into Dr Paul's

V4Vendetta
12-19-2007, 04:22 PM
The myspace moderator is not a paid staff member. He does it voluntarily.

then don;t let him volunteer anymore..... simple don't you think?

fortilite
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
The reason the meetup numbers decreased is because a few white supremecists made fake Ron Paul meetups, got people to join them, then started sending messages about Ron Paul being part of some "Jewish conspiracy". I assume (or rather I hope) the 40 groups that no longer exist are those fake groups getting removed.

leipo
12-19-2007, 04:31 PM
I decided that the group I had recruited without the "assistance" of meetups, could best use the $45 to purchase materials or donate to the campaign rather than pay the money to meetups.com. So, I cancelled the meetup group.

I didn't know there were any expenses for starting a group on meetup.com. Is that $45 a one-time fee or are there monthly costs involved?
Their FAQ isn't very specific:

"How much does this cost?
The basic service is free. Down the road, we will introduce additional services and features that we might charge for."

leipo
12-19-2007, 04:45 PM
I just searched on google and found it:

"How much does Meetup cost?

Meetup.com doesn?t charge individuals to create an account, join a Meetup Group, or attend events.

Instead, every Meetup Group is responsible for paying a monthly Meetup Group Fee billed to the Meetup Organizer. Most Organizers treat the fee like a restaurant tab, sharing it with the Meetup members by setting membership dues or charging at individual Meetups. Some Meetup Groups obtain sponsorship through businesses and organizations.

There are currently 3 price plans:

$12 a month for 6 months (a single $72 charge)

$15 a month for 3 months (a single $45 charge)

$19 a month

And each plan has a 30-day money back guarantee.

leipo
12-19-2007, 04:46 PM
It would be nice if we could create a free service for this.

Avalon
12-19-2007, 05:25 PM
It would be nice if we could create a free service for this. That would really only be useful if we could create a time machine that could let us put it up 10 months ago (before all these meetups were paid for, formed, organized, advertised, etc). And I've got some other, better ideas if you get that time machine up and running...

Itzsoez
12-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Thanks every one for shedding some light on this.
dsentell, I didn’t know meetup was charging money! no point in wasting money on meetup.com if it doesn’t help.
steph3n , I just realized that because of the glen beck interview, a lot of 911 truthers may have quit.
fortilite is this for real? It wouldn’t surprise me if it is.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks every one for shedding some light on this.
dsentell, I didn’t know meetup was charging money! no point in wasting money on meetup.com if it doesn’t help.
steph3n , I just realized that because of the glen beck interview, a lot of 911 truthers may have quit.
fortilite is this for real? It wouldn’t surprise me if it is.

really only single issues voters don't care about our process or the government that much, if they leave over such they do not care about our government or process or making real change.

FireofLiberty
12-19-2007, 05:36 PM
Wow! That was one big hit piece. This is National PUBLIC Radio? What a bunch of bullshit. One more thing I won't be giving any money to that I have in the past.