PDA

View Full Version : Are you going to participate in the MLK moneybomb?

adwads
12-19-2007, 02:29 PM
Consider a moneybomb compromise: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60459

son of liberty
12-19-2007, 02:34 PM
WATCH THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDRA3XFfDr4!!!!!!!!!!!!

fortilite
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Got my Christmas bonus, I think I can do it.

adwads
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
More people think its a good idea than a bad idea...

PatriotOne
12-19-2007, 02:40 PM
IMO, it's a great idea especially since I have heard RP speak several times of MLK and Ghandi in the same breath when he speaks of "peaceful revolutions".

Whatever communist crap ya all are buying was nothing more than the same smear machine being used on MLK that is being used on RP today.

Ben Elliott
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
How can donating to a campaign you agree with a bad idea?

chandlerLBT
12-19-2007, 02:44 PM
MLK is the American LEADER and SYMBOL of nonviolent protest. Nonviolent protest is the Ron Paul Revolution. We are protesting the corruption of our government, and donating our money along with our vote to someone who will change all that; Ron Paul. A money bomb on MLK Day is an amazing idea, and I completely support it.

mcgraw_wv
12-19-2007, 02:46 PM
I like it...

But I think for the 21st of January, the Theme should have been focused on Florida Republicans, and some of the major states primaries that will be voting soon after.

Something like this will get 10 times more Media coverage than the Boston Tea Party.

I think a HUGE march should be planned to go along with this date, and event.

adwads
12-19-2007, 02:48 PM
I have a feeling that those who say they don't participate will once they see that a lot of other people will.

ChristopherBearkat
12-19-2007, 02:48 PM
In my opinion, it's too soon to tell. Dr. Paul has the money, what he needs is that VOTES in those early primary states. The Campaign has the cash to stay active till Super Tuesday... the priority I think should be getting people to the ballot box.

adwads
12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
In my opinion, it's too soon to tell. Dr. Paul has the money, what he needs is that VOTES in those early primary states. The Campaign has the cash to stay active till Super Tuesday... the priority I think should be getting people to the ballot box.

I think there is a danger in thinking that the campaign has "enough" money. If we stop donating, the MSM could spin it and say that RP has lost his financial support. The more money, the better. They can use it to HELP get out the vote.

literatim
12-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I think it is trying to pander and I don't like pandering.

adwads
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
It would be weird if we had another moneybomb around the date of MLK day, but didn't do it on MLK day. I think that would look bad.

Noble
12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
this poll is worded poorly. It shouldn't be if I'm going to participate, it should be if we think its smart to use Martin Luther King Jr. as our symbol this time around.

Will you participate or do you think its a bad idea... well I like moneybombs, so i'll participate, but i still think using mlk as the symbol is too divisive and is a bad idea.

ChristopherBearkat
12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
IF this is a route the movement goes, I would have the leadership of the event contact the NAACP and the Dr. King Foundation. The African-American Community might take this as trying to use Dr. King for personal gain. Not saying not to do it just because of that, but at least bounce the ideas off of them.

The media may be calling them about it if it gets any coverage and I don't think they need to be surprised on this one.

adwads
12-19-2007, 02:56 PM
this poll is worded poorly. It shouldn't be if I'm going to participate, it should be if we think its smart to use Martin Luther King Jr. as our symbol this time around.

Will you participate or do you think its a bad idea... well I like moneybombs, so i'll participate, but i still think using mlk as the symbol is too divisive and is a bad idea.

Well, the reason I worded it that way was because nobody can PREVENT somebody from just setting up a website and calling for a moneybomb. Now that people have been informed of it, some people are going to donate money on MLK day. I wanted to poll how many people are going to do that. The grassroots isn't centralized. And that's a good thing IMAO.

But i can actually see your argument. I wouldn't mind if there was a poll that asked if it was even a good idea in the first place.

Dieseler
12-19-2007, 02:59 PM
This is a bad idea. Good intentions, but a very bad idea. Don't kill votes being dumbasses.

Patriot
12-19-2007, 03:04 PM
I don't think we have to prove that Dr. Paul is not a racist. I know more than one black person who are RP supporters. The racist stuff is being spread around by operatives of the other campaigns.

No one with any credibility has called Dr. Paul a racist. Let's just let sleeping dogs lie.

Also, I think some of us are getting carried away with money bomb fever. I will donate to the Paul campaign one more time before Dec 31st. After that I will focus my effort on putting his name where ever anyone can see it.

chandlerLBT
12-19-2007, 03:05 PM
IF this is a route the movement goes, I would have the leadership of the event contact the NAACP and the Dr. King Foundation. The African-American Community might take this as trying to use Dr. King for personal gain. Not saying not to do it just because of that, but at least bounce the ideas off of them.

The media may be calling them about it if it gets any coverage and I don't think they need to be surprised on this one.

Personal gain? wtf. Donating to a man who wants to restore freedom and equality and who is part of a nonviolent revolution, on the same day that commemorates another man who had a dream of freedom and equality, and symbolizes nonviolent revolutions in America- would be done for "personal gain?"

I don't get it.

nathanmn
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
I don't think we should concentrate or worry about money bombs until after the Iowa Caucus. Any money we have laying around right now should go straight to the PACs that are running television ads.

parocks
12-19-2007, 04:41 PM
1) Other people are already (I think) working on a telethon on TV on Super Bowl Sunday - 2 days before Super Tuesday. i think it's called http://ronpaultvblitz.com
It could be huge. If it isn't, it isn't identical to a money bomb, so there won't be saying anything about a drop off. Everyone seemed to like that and the upsides are clear. If it is huge, the day it would be covered would be Super Tuesday. It really could make all the difference.

2) Whatever happened with that DVD Bomb? Do all the canvassers in NH and Iowa have DVDs to hand out? It only cost $25k to make 50k DVDs - pro looking, slick packaging. Will there be at least 25k cool DVDs for the canvassers to hand out in NH and Iowa? There really should be. Clinton handed out videotapes in 1992 and got a lot of press for it (sure, the press was predisposed to like him, RP not so much)

3) I would guess that Trevor is busy with the Blimp right now, and isn't as focused on the next money bomb. There are plenty of threads here today stating how we'll be embarrassed if we don't come up with $100k in 3 days because the blimp will be grounded.

4) Skip major moneybombs. The moneybomb that came from HQ "we can't wait till tea party" didn't go so well, the press knew it wouldn't go so well, so they hyped it a little and called it a little bit of a failure when it came in well under 1105.
I like topping off these smaller projects. OperationNH seems to be a popular choice. I'd like to see DVDs in every canvassers hands everywhere. I like the Telethon idea for Super Bowl Sunday for the next major event.

Roxi
12-19-2007, 10:49 PM

the money brings media attention, which brings new donors which equals new voters, each money bomb, no matter how close together has brought in 20,000 NEW DONORS, if this brings in even 2,000 isn't that a GOOD THING?

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 10:56 PM
WATCH THIS BEFORE YOU VOTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDRA3XFfDr4!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/7412/mlkin4.jpg

justinc.1089
12-19-2007, 11:03 PM
This idea is dumb because its not soon enough. If we're going to continue to have moneybombs, then the next one needs to be before the end of this quarter to push Paul over $20 million dollars.

The next moneybomb should be no later than 3 weeks after the 16th, which would be like Jan 5th at the latest. If its later than that we're wasting time because there will be enough people with money again to make another decent moneybomb happen.

So why waste that potential? We can tap our resources about every 2 or 3 weeks with significant moneybombs. It would also be pure stupidity to have our next moneybomb so late at a time when it will barely matter with any attention it gains.

Afterall, gaining attention IS the point of moneybombs. If the point was to raise money, then you make videos pleading with people to donate immediately and the campaign sends out emails begging for money. Then the money comes right away, and there is no period of no donations.

Money can be raised with or without moneybombs all the same, but moneybombs just bring a lot of attention since it focuses all the money to be donated at one time. If the moneybomb is so late that the attention gained from it makes no difference, then the moneybomb has no point or purpose.

We need a MUCH earlier moneybomb if you people want to do another one. But what you really need to do is donate whatever you can now, keep the blimp funded along with other grassroots projects, put out signs, call people and go door to door talking to people. THAT is what we MUST be focusing on NOW.

jd603
12-19-2007, 11:05 PM
god not this again.....

Look. People who are saying yes want to give paul money and are not thinking about it...

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 11:20 PM
Why was the site set up before this debate began? Huge mistake.

jd603
12-19-2007, 11:24 PM
Something is not right with this whole thing... there was another attempt to pitch a really bad huckabee vs ron pal money fight idea by a troll who was called out an then disappeared.

Now this comes up, from someone claiming to be vijay , but with only 4 posts, the site is already ready to go and roxi is claiming ron paul said to do it (which is illegal). This whole thing looks really dumb and/or fake.

Why was the site set up before this debate began? Huge mistake.

Nihilist23
12-19-2007, 11:37 PM
Something is not right with this whole thing... there was another attempt to pitch a really bad huckabee vs ron pal money fight idea by a troll who was called out an then disappeared.

Now this comes up, from someone claiming to be vijay , but with only 4 posts, the site is already ready to go and roxi is claiming ron paul said to do it (which is illegal). This whole thing looks really dumb and/or fake.

Even if it is the real guy, my opinion doesn't change. I don't care how much grassroots work he has done if this is the kind of arrogant attitude he has. Setting up a site and making a video, THEN posting it on the forums without asking for anyone's input, is complete bullshit.

atthegates
12-19-2007, 11:45 PM
I don't think we should concentrate or worry about money bombs until after the Iowa Caucus. Any money we have laying around right now should go straight to the PACs that are running television ads.

i completely agree

Electric Church
12-20-2007, 12:14 AM
This is a bad idea. Good intentions, but a very bad idea. Don't kill votes being dumbasses.

Can you not explain why you think it's a bad idea instead of calling people "dumbasses"?

You might want to check out this forum announcement before you continue to make similar posts. http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60831

Paul4Prez
12-20-2007, 12:28 AM
All of these polls need to have another option: "I've already maxed out."

FrankRep
12-20-2007, 12:29 AM
NO More Money bombs. Period.

cicatrice
12-20-2007, 12:42 AM
I want to make two points:

1) The general public is not familiar with Guy Fawkes therefore they cannot jump to conclusions without having done a little research. Plus, this means they carry very little "baggage" when it comes to a correlation between Guy Fawkes and Dr. Paul.
2) Almost everyone who can, and will vote, is familiar with Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. HENCE they will have already formulated an opinion and emotional response to what he stood for. This *can* result in something positive but we must not rule out the negative.

I'm most certain that many will misconstrue this connection and it will prove to be detrimental. I am *not* suggesting to not give the RP campaign money, I just don't think it's the best idea to attach the money bomb to the MLK holiday (basically, his name) under the two conditions I have pointed out.

nayjevin
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
uh, dr. martin luther king was a pretty good dude. so is dr. paul. i think i'll donate.

Visual
12-20-2007, 03:19 PM
Such a bad idea.

Elwar
12-20-2007, 03:30 PM
New Hampshire primary: January 8th.

Ron Paul in 1st or 2nd in NH: Lots of attention and new supporters.

What better way to translate all of those new supporters into new donors than a money bomb right after Ron Paul kicks ass in New Hampshire?

nayjevin
12-20-2007, 04:09 PM
The Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjVQ7X2l4jc

Jerome
12-20-2007, 04:12 PM
I like the idea and the MLK tie in. Not sure how much media exposure we'll get, but it's a fantastic rebuttal when people bring up Paul's alleged "violent supporters".