PDA

View Full Version : Medved Tancredo...

moostraks
12-19-2007, 02:10 PM
Any truth to this Medved just said Tancredo quit??:eek: Not surprised after how he's been treated at debates but the field is narrowing and we are still here despite how they treat us!!!!

robpriv
12-19-2007, 02:26 PM
Major Announcement from Tancredo Campaign Tomorrow
IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 19, 2007
Alan.Moore@TeamTancredo.org
F. 703-255-9875
O.703.255.9898
C.303-332-8279

***Media Advisory***
Tancredo Presser in Iowa

(Washington, D.C.) – Presidential candidate Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) will hold a presser to make a major announcement regarding the campaign.
__________________________________________________ _________________

I assume he's dropping out and giving someone an endorsement.
Duncan Hunter maybe?

http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=214

Micahyah
12-19-2007, 02:28 PM
Looks like it's true.

kushaze
12-19-2007, 02:31 PM
I wonder who Tancredo will endorse, if anyone.

Forefall
12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
Heard from a friend that is/was a Tancredo supporter that he'll back Thompson if he drops out. Just word of mouth, nothing solid here.

Mark Rushmore
12-19-2007, 02:35 PM
Alan Moore, Tancredo's press secretary, told the Des Moines Register that the GOP candidate has no presidential events scheduled after the Thursday press conference. That's leading to additional speculation that Tancredo will drop out of the presidential race.

http://www.lifenews.com/nat3551.html

fortilite
12-19-2007, 02:38 PM
Maybe he's coming out of the closet: He's really a Mexican immigrant.

Minlawc
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I can see him endorsing Thompson or Hunter. Man, why are better ones always lower in the polls? Not saying that I like them, they're just not as bad...

TheNewYorker
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
I heard he's deciding between choosing to endorse Ron Paul or Thompson. Recently there was an article about Ron Paul here on Tancredo's website asking for Paul to distance himself from a pro-illegal immigration aritcle written by a Hispanic Ron Paul supporter:
http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=212

I think Tancredo is hoping Ron Paul will do that for Tancredo can endorse him. If Ron Paul does not do that, then he is going to endorse Thompson.

Look, we really NEED Tancredo's endorsement. Tancredo's support base is bigger than most of you think. We complain that the media censors us and says that the Ron Paul support base is smaller than it really is, well, they do that to Tancredo too.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/770/55997969qr7.jpg

WE ALL NEED TO E-MAIL RON PAUL AND THE CAMPAIGN STAFF IMMEDIATELY AND ASK THEM TO GIVE INTO TANCREDO'S REQUEST FOR PAUL TO DISTANCE HIMSELF FROM THE PRO-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ARTICLE ON LEWROCKWELL.COM, FOR WE CAN GET TANCREDOS ENDORSEMENT!

THIS NEEDS TO BE DONE ASAP!

DON'T LET RON PAUL DROP THE BALL ON THIS ONE!

Micahyah
12-19-2007, 02:45 PM
WE ALL NEED TO E-MAIL RON PAUL AND THE CAMPAIGN STAFF IMMEDIATELY AND ASK THEM TO GIVE INTO TANCREDO'S REQUEST FOR PAUL TO DISTANCE HIMSELF FROM THE PRO-ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION ARTICLE ON LEWROCKWELL.COM, FOR WE CAN GET TANCREDOS ENDORSEMENT!

I agree 100%

Let's contact the campaign HQ.

Ron Picking up Tancredo's endorsement would be big in Iowa and NH. Republican primary voters are very concerned about illegal immigration, and this may tip many voters our way.

JAHOGS
12-19-2007, 02:47 PM
He will not endorse RP guys.... But what do I know?

Jmaths117
12-19-2007, 02:49 PM
We should definitely contact the campaign about this. Come on, folk, the more people the better. If Tancredo endorses Paul, that could help us a lot.

rfbz
12-19-2007, 02:51 PM
it would seem odd to call RP out on something in a negative way and then turn around & endorse him a few days later, but who knows

partypooper
We should definitely contact the campaign about this. Come on, folk, the more people the better. If Tancredo endorses Paul, that could help us a lot.

i agree, but i don't see it happening.

steph3n
medved is snooping on our forums now? we have the inside scoop on EVERYTHING we are faster than the MSM :D

TheNewYorker
12-19-2007, 02:54 PM
it would seem odd to call RP out on something in a negative way and then turn around & endorse him a few days later, but who knows

He wants Ron Paul to clarify his position! He's not "calling ron paul out".

Tancredo wants to endorse Ron Paul, they are friends, but Tancredo will not endorse Paul if Paul does not distance himself from the pro-illegal immigration article on lewrockwell.com that was written by a hispanic Ron Paul supporter!!

rfbz
12-19-2007, 02:56 PM
He wants Ron Paul to clarify his position! He's not "calling ron paul out".

Tancredo wants to endorse Ron Paul, they are friends, but Tancredo will not endorse Paul if Paul does not distance himself from the pro-illegal immigration article on lewrockwell.com that was written by a hispanic Ron Paul supporter!!

uh couldn't he just pick up the phone and call Ron Paul if he really wanted to know? You might be right though

JerzieJennie
12-19-2007, 02:56 PM
I know nationally, Tancredo isnt even showing up on the polls, but in this Iowa poll, they have Tancredo at 3% and Dr. P at 6%. 9% would put Dr P up above Giuliani and McCain. Plus that doesnt count the bump we're getting before primaries... and that basically 100% of Ron Paul supporters will vote. Just food for thought. Those 3% have to go somewhere, and I cant see them going to Giuliani/ Hunter / Romney.

Iowa Republican Polls
InsiderAdvantage/Majority Opinion Poll
12/17/2007
N=835

Mike Huckabee 28%
Mitt Romney 25%
Fred Thompson 10%
John McCain 9%
Rudy Giuliani 6%
Ron Paul 6%
Tom Tancredo 3%
Duncan Hunter 1%
Unsure 13%
Source

http://www.presidentpolls2008.com/

TheNewYorker
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
uh couldn't he just pick up the phone and call Ron Paul if he really wanted to know? You might be right though

He could call Paul and ask, but that's not the point. I'm sure Tancredo already knows Paul is against illegal immigration, since they are friends and all.

But, Tancredo wants the public to know that Paul is against illegal immigration, that's why he's calling for Paul to publically distance himself from that immigration article on lewrockwell.com.

Tancredo doesn't want to tarnish his record by flip-flopping and endorsing someone who is pro-illegal immigration in the public's eyes.

MarcMadness
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Joseph Farah of Worldnetdaily (who just won't come around to Paul since he doesn't want to invade middle easter countries and put Israel over America), has endorsed Tancredo. If Tancredo drops out and endorses Paul it would be hard to argue Paul as the best choice for that audience. And it's a big audience. Farah drives me crazy with some of his views but worldnetdaily got me into politics a few years ago and I think it's a great site overall. At least when they disagree with Paul it's on policy and not in a belittling manner at all.

tsetsefly
12-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Dont think Tancredo supporters will support Paul, and I doubt Tancredo will endorse Paul...

I bet he is working the phone right now try and get a deal with a candidate...

plus would his endorsement be good? not sure, but we welcome strippers, brothel ownera and... walter williams :) lol

Delaware
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
I dunno, i supported Tancredo before i knew about Paul, and the Buchanan's like Ron Paul....There also friends.

Adamsa
12-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Ron could come in 2nd in Iowa if Tancredo put his weight behind him.

bbachtung
12-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Tancredo would make a great Secretary of Homeland Security (or whatever RP will call the new department that handles immigration issues).

Joey Wahoo
It seems strange that Tancredo would drop out so close to the date of the caucus. Connecting the dots leads me to conclude...

--Fred Thompson is desperately trying to get a third place finish to keep his feeble campaign alive

--Tancredo has some support in Iowa, and he can swing it to Thompson

--Thompson has cut some sort of deal with Tancredo for a cabinet position, policy concessions or something of the sort

--Thompson's biggest threat to a third place finish is Ron Paul

--Thus Tancredo's attack on RP today, as he's heading out the door.

In short, Tancredo will work with Fred T against Ron Paul in exchange for something Thompson has offered him. Not good for us.

On the other hand, this announcement tomorrow may have nothing to do with dropping out. Maybe he's got a celebrity endorsement to trot out. I repeat that it seems strange to drop out at the 11th hour, having invested so much in Iowa.

We'll see....

moostraks
Sure would be great if all Tancredo was doing was looking for a public dissent on illegal immigration support so he could support the good Dr.. Where do people think the military would go if we brought them back from all their overseas posts? They complain about not having enough manpower to guard the border. Don't know how many they could use but sure seems more logical use of money than guarding sand dunes in another country while our borders get over run.

Shellshock1918
12-19-2007, 03:34 PM
Maybe he's coming out of the closet: He's really a Mexican immigrant.

ROFL!

Ron LOL
12-19-2007, 03:40 PM
I think it's worth some politicking to pick up Tancredo's endorsement. RP shouldn't need to explicitly distance himself by saying e.g. "I reject this." He can just give his usual spiel about how he supports only xyz, kind of like how he handled the violence question on Glenn Beck.

familydog
12-19-2007, 03:40 PM
My money is on Thompson.

specsaregood
12-19-2007, 03:41 PM
Ron Paul is a member of Tancredo's House caucus on Immigration Reform. I would suspect that he knows very well Ron Paul's position on the subject.

Just food for thought.

RedLightning
12-19-2007, 03:44 PM
It would be great if RP could get his endorsment, no he doesn't agree with us on everything(remember Ron is running for the Republican nomination not dem or libertarian), we could really use some of his 3% of supporters.

angelatc
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
I might be wrong, but isn't Paul the only candidate who supports ending birthright citizenship?

rfbz
12-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Remember during that one debate though when Tancredo said something like "Ron Paul, I wish what you talk about was a reality...that we could just not intervene and everything would be fine, but that's simply not the world we live in today" it makes me think he'd be more willing to support a war hawk.

Also, on his website it says:

"Unfortunately, complete withdrawal from the [Iraq] region will not be possible for a long time. We must maintain a military presence in the region to combat Radical Islam."

Driftar
12-19-2007, 03:55 PM
I heard he's deciding between choosing to endorse Ron Paul or Thompson. Recently there was an article about Ron Paul here on Tancredo's website asking for Paul to distance himself from a pro-illegal immigration aritcle written by a Hispanic Ron Paul supporter:
http://teamtancredo.org/news.php?newsid=212

I think Tancredo is hoping Ron Paul will do that for Tancredo can endorse him. If Ron Paul does not do that, then he is going to endorse Thompson.

Look, we really NEED Tancredo's endorsement. Tancredo's support base is bigger than most of you think. We complain that the media censors us and says that the Ron Paul support base is smaller than it really is, well, they do that to Tancredo too.

http://img134.imageshack.us/img134/770/55997969qr7.jpg

Lets look at this as a win/win- If its Thompson, then maybe he will get a small boost, which will actually help us continue to split the neo-con vote. We have to keep thompson in as long as possible! five way split works to our advantage. Naturally, i would rather have him endorce paul- it would be a small supporter/media boost, and anything helps.

conner_condor
Didn't see post. yes, he will drop out.

Minuteman
I believe he will drop out because he will have to now if he wants to run in Colorado

Shellshock1918
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
I believe he will drop out because he will have to now if he wants to run in Colorado

He's retiring from Congress.

Badger Paul
12-19-2007, 03:57 PM
He will support Thompson.

nbhadja
12-19-2007, 03:59 PM
You think Tancredo would endorse a guy without researching him??

"However, Thompson supports a path to citizenship "You’re going to have to, in some way, work out a deal where they can have some aspirations of citizenship, but not make it so easy that it’s unfair to the people waiting in line and abiding by the law.

In 1997, Thompson voted to grant amnesty to close to one million illegal aliens from Nicaragua and Cuba."

I am pretty sure Tancredo knows about this and would not endorse Thompson.

richk
12-19-2007, 04:01 PM
He will support Thompson.

:(

RedLightning
12-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Remember during that one debate though when Tancredo said something like "Ron Paul, I wish what you talk about was a reality...that we could just not intervene and everything would be fine, but that's simply not the world we live in today" it makes me think he'd be more willing to support a war hawk.

Also, on his website it says:

"Unfortunately, complete withdrawal from the [Iraq] region will not be possible for a long time. We must maintain a military presence in the region to combat Radical Islam."

Yes, but the very reason he has been running is to bring up the issue on illegal immigration, which is why I think he could ignore Ron Paul's foreign policy and support him becuase Paul wants to end birthright citizenship.

Simpletruth
12-19-2007, 04:42 PM
How about another potential angle to this?

Some have surmised that the reason Pat Buchanan has not yet endorsed Ron Paul is because his sister was working for Tancredo’s campaign. Does this now clear the way for a PB endorsement? It sure would be nice.