PDA

View Full Version : Rudy jeered

Bradley in DC
07-07-2007, 08:11 PM
for opposing flat tax. Wonder if Steve Forbes is rethinking his endorsement.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2007/07/07/giuliani-jeered-over-flat-tax/

Mesogen
07-07-2007, 08:44 PM
I guess Ron Paul would oppose the flat tax too, since it's an income tax.

Bradley in DC
07-07-2007, 08:55 PM
I guess Ron Paul would oppose the flat tax too, since it's an income tax.

Rudy was opposing a flat tax in defense of our current system!

angelatc
07-07-2007, 08:59 PM
Wow - I thought Paul supported the flat tax. I guess I don't understand what the flat tax is, because I thought it was a tax on consumption, as opposed to income.

RonPaul4President
07-07-2007, 09:01 PM
He's not even president, yet he is already spending his energy making sure he doesn't actually do anything.

What Rudey Guiliani said was, 'The status quo is just fine! Why mess wtih it?'. Words instead of actions.

angelatc
07-07-2007, 09:02 PM
At least he has the energy to actually run, unlike another person we know.....

Oddball
07-07-2007, 09:10 PM
Wow - I thought Paul supported the flat tax. I guess I don't understand what the flat tax is, because I thought it was a tax on consumption, as opposed to income.Ron's for just about anything that repeals the 16th Amendment, which is what the boosters for the oxymoronic "fair tax" propose.

Dary
07-07-2007, 09:19 PM
I was there.

Here is a vid I created from the Rudy thing. It doesn’t actually have any footage of Rudy. It’s all about us Ron Paul supporters handing out some literature.

Boring actually, but I mixed in Richie Havens’ Motherless child in and that song itself makes up for the poor quality and content.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5y9GViEPYo

angelatc
07-07-2007, 09:31 PM
OH my Gosh! DO you mean to tell me that Rudy was addressing a Fair Tax group when he supported the current tax system?

I guess government knows best, and we should all respect that.:D

Dary
07-07-2007, 09:37 PM
OH my Gosh! DO you mean to tell me that Rudy was addressing a Fair Tax group when he supported the current tax system?

I guess government knows best, and we should all respect that.:D

Yeah, it went over like a lead baloon. He also said something incredibly stupid about how changing the tax code would be detrimental to charities.

None of us could quite figure out what that meant.