PDA

View Full Version : Would you be willing to boycott media advertisers?

caradeporra
12-19-2007, 01:34 PM
The idea is to boycott the biggest media advertisers, and tell them why we are boycotting them and their products.

They are supporting a bias media who refuses to report on Dr. Paul's success. When they do they twist the truth to a negative spin. As long as they support the media, we will not support them.

please visit www.BlitzTheMedia.com for more information, and take a poll to help get this site up ASAP!

www.BlitzTheMedia.com

Deborah K
12-19-2007, 01:35 PM
Yes!!! I would be willling to boycott and email on this.

Revolution9
12-19-2007, 01:38 PM
The idea is to boycott the biggest media advertisers, and tell them why we are boycotting them and their products.

They are supporting a bias media who refuses to report on Dr. Paul's success. When they do they twist the truth to a negative spin. As long as they support the media, we will not support them.

please visit www.BlitzTheMedia.com for more information, and take a poll to help get this site up ASAP!

www.BlitzTheMedia.com

I consume no major brands of anything and have refused to for years. I sold my vehicle when they went into Baghdad figuring a "No Blood For Oil" sticker on it would be utter hypocrisy. The closest I have come to mass market anything was buying three pairs of Wrangler jeans for myself for Xmas. Not exactly a company needing boycotting.

Best Regards
Randy

BarryDonegan
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
if you want to hit em where it hurts, look up the libertarian school of thought of "counter economies" ;)

caradeporra
12-19-2007, 01:41 PM
Very nice Randy! If only we could all be so dedicated. I dont think i could go that far, but i am willing t not purchase my fast food from mcdonalds but eat at home instead. I am also willing to not shop at walmart but the local grocery store instead. The go-getter here is that everyone that does this NEEDS to email the company and TELL them that they are boycotting and why. This way the company KNOWS why their profit margin is failing.

ecliptic
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Boycott BIGTIME !!!

Nothing will effect change as quickly as an effective boycott campaign. The highly-motivated grassroots awakening scares the living sh*t out of the so-called "elites" ... ( actually they are more like scared little mole rats ) ....

The people have far more power in their hands than they yet realize .. .. .. .. .. .. .. .. !

caradeporra
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
Donegan, why dont you save us some time, and summarize it here? plz...

michaelwise
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
How about trying something like this?
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60358

azminuteman
12-19-2007, 01:52 PM
I'd be willing to boycott but without a group signature, it won't work.
It barely works for the blacks in South Carolina.

If Paul doesn't get the nomination, then I say we organize, become that group and boycott.

BarryDonegan
12-19-2007, 01:55 PM
there is a contingency in radical libertarian thought that believes that state sponsored or affected corporations are criminal, and acts by the government to restrict nonviolent action is also criminal. so this means a libertarian idealogue should participate in grey and black markets only, both as a purchaser and businessman.

so a libertarian should not buy products that are involved in war, the war on drugs, etc. also you should make an effort to make sure your place of employment or business is doing something to push the envelope on restoring social order. as the product you are selling becomes profitable(which while pushing the envelope it has an increased value even corporatism with its government benefits can't provide) it is predicted that this revolutionary economic attitude could eclipse the government and corporations in economic power, which would cause the people to rise up and take the side of local business and cast off big government as a criminal act, which, legally speaking it now is.

even if you consider the rule of law the constitution, the fact that the government incarcerates and sometimes kills in the war on drugs or aggressive wars means that the appropriate agencies, if their legal support isn't there, are murderers, legally speaking.

corporations are suicidal in nature and don't last long, so its not hard to avoid them for most products. small business and mom and pop, these things drive prices down unfettered and are the most productive... counter economies range in intensity from protest business to outright illegal "black market" activity... provided that it is totally nonviolent.

research "agorism" to get a start on it. i don't personally agree with agorism as some of the reaches of it are pushing it, but the counter economy thing i do. its basically the beginnings of the concept of spending based on what you believe in. something more important now than ever.

caradeporra
12-19-2007, 01:59 PM
I'd be willing to boycott but without a group signature, it won't work.
It barely works for the blacks in South Carolina.

If Paul doesn't get the nomination, then I say we organize, become that group and boycott.

The idea is not a group signature. Rather just a movement. When i get the site ready for it, you register so we can kind of get a number of how many have boycotted.

The site will be a centralized point where you can go for information on who to boycott and why. Then when you join, you send an email to those companies telling them you are boycotting them because they support stations that are bias toward Ron Paul. When they start seeing how many customers/potential customers they are losing, they will pull their advertising for those shows.

Example: GE advertises on Glenn Beck who calls ron paul supporters "terrorists" You email GE and tell them you are boycotting them and all of their subsidiaries unless they withdraw their funding from Glenn Beck because of his bias against ron paul.

When the shows run out of funding, they will be forced to change their ways to stay afloat.

Midnight77
12-19-2007, 02:00 PM
Sure, I would support a mass organized boycott. We can raise $6 Million in one day as a group. We can pull this off, as well.

I wouldn't attack Beck's show. We've done it once and he gave Paul a fair one hour interview. So I think he should be off limits, as well as CNN, who Jack Cafferty mentions Ron regularly.

MSNBC, NBC, ABC, CBS, and of course ... FOX should be our main media targets.

caradeporra
12-19-2007, 02:02 PM
Thank you donegan

BarryDonegan
12-19-2007, 02:09 PM
what would be better is to make a site which teaches people how to buy non government intervened products(as in publicly traded corporations and subsidized companies) with decent prices. you can even contact business who fit this mold and tell them that they can advertise their prices and provide online links for how to buy the things there.

this would have a dual benefit. opening up small business to a wider lense like that might actually make them competitive to corporations.

with a little research you could maybe find a guy who makes his own laptops and get the word out, stuff thats harder to find just locally to help people get off the corporate teat

the rules would have to be NO LLC! if you are an LLC you cannot be on the site. NOONE WHO RECEIVES GOVERNMENT SUBSIDY IN ANY WAY! and NOONE WHO DISTRIBUTES CORPORATE

this is how you start a true non-violent revolution.

as a famous banker friend of mine always says... "hit em where it really hurts"

their wallets