PDA

View Full Version : Blimp Google Map

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 12:56 PM
I have a couple requests for Blimp Google Map feature:

- We should log all the paths into a single map. We should give each day track a difference color. Currently, we have only the path for one day. We need to see which area has been covered, which one isn't.

- Photo, video tagging. We can tag the photos and videos at specific locations into GPS map as Point of Interests. That would give us a better idea how effective this advetising is. It also give a better presentation (map, path, video, picture in one place)

- Send the GPS map to local media in advance. Since the Blimp could be track by exact location (within 2-5 metres) and by speed, the media have enough time to set up their equiptment to take the footage of the blim.

pacelli
12-19-2007, 01:49 PM
I agree that it would be helpful to see a future path of the blimp so that grassroots can anticipate it, and prepare for ground slim-jimming in populated areas of the path. This is a huge opportunity.

Man from La Mancha
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
blimp

michael.byrne
12-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I agree that it would be helpful to see a future path of the blimp so that grassroots can anticipate it, and prepare for ground slim-jimming in populated areas of the path. This is a huge opportunity.

The blimp organizers think just keep the blimp afloats, people will come to see it. Wrong, wrong. The blimp has to go to people, not people go to the blimp.

So far they just let the blimp fly with the wind. They flew over Chesapeake Bay because it look lovely from the blimp.

Hey, here is some of my money, let fly to the sea and hunting turtles. It's fun!!!

kutibah
12-19-2007, 05:38 PM
blump

Doriath
12-19-2007, 05:41 PM
The blimp organizers think just keep the blimp afloats, people will come to see it. Wrong, wrong. The blimp has to go to people, not people go to the blimp.

It is. That's why it was flying over the bay -- to get to Baltimore, and later this week, if weather permits, NY. It's all on the flight plan page on the blimp site.