PDA

View Full Version : Is Tancredo pulling out?

xRedfoxx
12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
And if so, wonder why he's blasting Dr. Paul now? Setting himself up for something?

From his home page:

Major Announcement from Tancredo Campaign Tomorrow
IMMEDIATE RELEASE
December 19, 2007
Alan.Moore@TeamTancredo.org
F. 703-255-9875
O.703.255.9898
C.303-332-8279

***Media Advisory***
Tancredo Presser in Iowa

(Washington, D.C.) – Presidential candidate Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO) will hold a presser to make a major announcement regarding the campaign.

WHO: Presidential candidate Congressman Tom Tancredo (R-CO)
WHAT: Major Announcement
WHEN: Thursday, December 20th, 2:00 PM CST
WHERE: Downtown Marriott
2nd Floor Salon F
700 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309

Location contact: Alan Moore 303-332-8279

Santana28
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
oh that sucks. if he endorses Huckabee instead of Paul, i will be so terribly disappointed.

ronpaulyourmom
12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
Yes, I would imagine so. He was really depending on the King endorsement, they were close friends. My guess is he'll want to endorse whichever candidate he feels is strongest on Immigration, which would be either Hunter, Paul, or possibly Thompson if he needs a "front-runner".

Paul should call him up about the Lew Rockwell thing, just as a gesture.

benhaskins
12-19-2007, 12:50 PM
if his main issue is immigration why would he endorse huckabee ?

LibertyEagle
12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
I doubt Paul even knows about it.

Hook
12-19-2007, 12:51 PM
Not as soon as his father should have. :D
<rimshot>

Goldwater Conservative
12-19-2007, 12:54 PM
That's probably what the Lew Rockwell thing was all about. Tancredo might be considering an endorsement of Paul, but wanted to have him make a public stand on the American cultural identity issue. Other than Paul, I can only see him endorsing Hunter (which is unlikely considering he too is polling below the margin of error) or Thompson. The rest are for open borders.

saahmed
12-19-2007, 12:58 PM
Why would he drop out days before the Iowa caucus? He is still advertising in Iowa and he might get some votes due to his strong stance on illegal immigration.

ronpaulfollower999
12-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Lets pretend that Tancredo drops out and endorses Ron.

With his endorsement and Ron Paul on Glenn Beck, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go up 2 or 3 percent in the polls.

BuddyRey
12-19-2007, 12:59 PM
<rimshot>

OH, SNAP!!! :eek::D

StateofTrance
12-19-2007, 01:00 PM
I don't think he is dropping out. Probably will be announcing an endorsement.

nbhadja
12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Hunter or Paul is who he would endorse.

Thompson says he is against amnesty, but has voted for amnesty before, including to 1 million Nicaraguans a few years back.

fortilite
12-19-2007, 01:02 PM
Lets pretend that Tancredo drops out and endorses Ron.

With his endorsement and Ron Paul on Glenn Beck, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go up 2 or 3 percent in the polls.

If a bear craps in the woods and no one is around to see it, does it matter? Mike Gravel has more supporters at this point.

cien750hp
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
would paul accept the endorsement though? remember paul is very anti-war, tancredo is for the war..

SteveMartin
12-19-2007, 01:21 PM
Bay Buchanan back to the unemployment line?...lol...

Dequeant
12-19-2007, 01:23 PM
Pull out now, like his daddy shoulda done!

uncloned21
12-19-2007, 01:25 PM
maybe y'all missed this

http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017868.html

RevolutionSD
12-19-2007, 01:27 PM
oh that sucks. if he endorses Huckabee instead of Paul, i will be so terribly disappointed.

Why?
Tom "Bomb Tancredo" and his .5% of the vote are unwanted and uneeded.

austin356
would paul accept the endorsement though? remember paul is very anti-war, tancredo is for the war..

He opposed the surge though.

S3eker
Admins! why move my post into the bowls of this site and then not move this one?

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=60292

It's a MSM conspiracy! :)

Forefall
We'd get his 3 supporters. Woot.

Original_Intent
12-19-2007, 01:29 PM
I doubt Paul even knows about it.

Is this Paul McCArtney or Ron Paul we are talking about? :D

Flash
12-19-2007, 01:29 PM
Tancredo does have a lot of poll numbers. We do need the press attention and an endorsement.

user
12-19-2007, 01:31 PM
<rimshot>

The only reason I came to this thread was to see this inevitable joke. :D

user
12-19-2007, 01:32 PM
Maybe a Tancredo endorsement helps now but it would hurt us for the general. Actually I'm not sure it would be worth it.

Delaware
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Tancredo 4th place in the Iowa straw poll, his supporters could propell us to 1st.

Naraku
12-19-2007, 01:33 PM
I think there's a good chance Paul will get an endorsement from Tancredo.

Remember, Pat Robertson endorsed Giuliani because of foreign policy, even though they were starkly contrasted on social issues.

Tancredo disagrees with Paul on the war, but his big issue is immigration and Paul's strongest on that. His endorsement would also be more important than people may realize since Tancredo, as a Republican Congressman, would be a delegate at the RNC one of the uncommitteds and if he endorses Paul it would be one more delegate for Paul.

voytechs
12-19-2007, 01:34 PM
I think most of his voters will come over here.

JMann
12-19-2007, 01:36 PM
Unless he has family living in Iowa or NH it doesn't matter who he endorses.

Delaware
12-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Tancredo is strongest on illengal immigrat

His seal of approval would mean that Ron Paul is strongest on border security and illegal immigration, it would get him some voters.

InRonWeTrust
12-19-2007, 01:40 PM
Hunter needs to drop out, too.

Original_Intent
12-19-2007, 01:42 PM
And Keyes.

Forefall
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
And Giuliani, and Thompson, and McCain, and Romney, and and and...

Derek
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I think those of you making fun of Tancredo should knock it off. Tancredo's an honerable guy in comparison to most politicians. Yes, he's wrong on Iraq and foreign policy, and this latest thing over immigration and Paul is kind of puzzling, but he's still the second best Republican in the race. Even Paul had a good word to say about Tancredo in a CNN interview a while back -- he said Tancredo is a member of Paul's liberty caucus in Congress, and actually pays more than lip to service to the Constitution.

It's possible some Tancredo supporters will eventually come to Paul when/if Tancredo drops out, so I don't think we should be making fun of him.

user
12-19-2007, 01:46 PM
I think those of you making fun of Tancredo should knock it off. Tancredo's an honerable guy in comparison to most politicians. Yes, he's wrong on Iraq and foreign policy, and this latest thing over immigration and Paul is kind of puzzling, but he's still the second best Republican in the race. Even Paul had a good word to say about Tancredo in a CNN interview a while back -- he said Tancredo is a member of Paul's liberty caucus in Congress, and actually pays more than lip to service to the Constitution.

It's possible some Tancredo supporters will eventually come to Paul when/if Tancredo drops out, so I don't think we should be making fun of him.
No offense but I'm sick of having such low standards for politicians. For Tancredo to still support the war is inexcusable.

son of liberty
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I just found out that Huckabee would sign A NATIONAL BAN ON SMOKING IN PUBLIC!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hl81Pq4aOOo&feature=related

Lord Xar
12-19-2007, 01:47 PM
I like Tancredo. I'd vote for him, for sure.

I find his issuance to Dr. Paul weird because it was an opinion piece, and he is somehow holding Ron Paul responsible.. but not only that, it was an opinion piece and Tom should be out doing "other presidential things".

But other than that. I like Tom.

Harry96
12-19-2007, 02:20 PM
The press conference is scheduled in Des Moines; if he's dropping out, I'd think he'd do it at home, in Colorado. I guess he could be endorsing someone for the Caucuses, though.

voytechs
12-19-2007, 02:22 PM
I hope both Tancredo and Hunter go. I hate them both.

Akus
12-19-2007, 02:26 PM

I'd be surprised if Tom Bomb the Mecca Tancredo endorsed RP

nathanmn
12-19-2007, 02:39 PM

A HUGE +1. Tom Tancredo is really strong on fiscal conservatism, (too)strong on border control and immigration, and is pretty big believer in states rights(see the youtube of him being asked about medical marijuana). He is a basically GOOD GUY. Sure, he is mistaken about the war, but a large percentage of the population in this country is or was at one time! I would love to see an endorsement by Tom Tancredo.

francisco
12-19-2007, 02:47 PM
... Tancredo's an honerable guy..

Not with demagoguery like that, sorry.

I understand where you're coming from: I took an online political quiz that showed Tancredo next closest to my own positions, after Paul, even though my positions on immigration policy are not as extreme, and are polar opposite on Iraq. So other positions of his in the realm of free markets and sound money must be close. Problem is, he never ever talks about those other positions; in public debate I've never heard anything from Tancredo other than rabid anti-immigration rants that he ties to every other ill in our country. It's a lot more complicated than that.

With this callout to Dr. Paul, Tancredo has definitely put himself in the "not a good guy" category. Is he seriously proposing that Dr. Paul publicly avow or disavow every writing by a supporter? If so, will he abide by the same standard? Tancredo falsely implies that the article was written in some official capacity to the campaign. Furthermore, it takes quotes out of context and deliberately omits the statement that acknowledges that Dr. Paul is against amnesty for illegal immigrants.

In fact, the article that Tancredo objects to has a main focus on Ron Paul's unwavering committment to individual liberty. Anyone who opposes that position is not honorable.

The only question in my mind is whether Ron should ignore the Tancredo press release or not. Responding would be analogous to engaging in debate with a Troll on a web forum.

user
12-19-2007, 02:48 PM
A HUGE +1. Tom Tancredo is really strong on fiscal conservatism, (too)strong on border control and immigration, and is pretty big believer in states rights(see the youtube of him being asked about medical marijuana). He is a basically GOOD GUY. Sure, he is mistaken about the war, but a large percentage of the population in this country is or was at one time! I would love to see an endorsement by Tom Tancredo.
Where is he on fiat money?

nathanmn
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Where is he on fiat money?

I have no clue. I've never heard a position of his on monetary policy and I don't believe the question has ever been posed to him in a debate.