PDA

View Full Version : Web Hosting Question

skolwulf
12-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Anyone have any good recommendations on Web Hosting Services?

American
12-19-2007, 12:36 PM
I use hostgator and I have never had a problem, I think there are some people here who also have/offer hosting services.

walt
12-19-2007, 12:37 PM
if it's for a ron paul site, please contact mdh

Jobarra
12-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I just bought two hosting plans on 1and1.com. They seem to have the most efficient cost. I got the business hosting plan(one step down from the developer plan) for 9.99 per month with no contract. If you get a year contract right now it's only 5.82 per month. This includes 3 domains for free(as long as you are with 1and1 hosting) which made it easy for me to grab .com, .org., and .net. 250GB of space and 2500GB of bandwidth per month. A slew of stuff to help you build the website as well.

I looked at hostgator, but I wanted a Microsoft setup and they didn't seem to offer one. Nothing against the Linux setup, I just know VB.NET a little bit better. Some of the hosting plans out there are just criminal though compared to 1and1 and hostgator. I saw some that were 19.99 for 1GB and 200GB bandwidth. And they didn't even offer most of the freebies that the 1and1 and hostgator offer.

steph3n
12-19-2007, 12:43 PM
I just bought two hosting plans on 1and1.com. They seem to have the most efficient cost. I got the business hosting plan(one step down from the developer plan) for 9.99 per month with no contract. If you get a year contract right now it's only 5.82 per month. This includes 3 domains for free(as long as you are with 1and1 hosting) which made it easy for me to grab .com, .org., and .net. 250GB of space and 2500GB of bandwidth per month. A slew of stuff to help you build the website as well.

I looked at hostgator, but I wanted a Microsoft setup and they didn't seem to offer one. Nothing against the Linux setup, I just know VB.NET a little bit better. Some of the hosting plans out there are just criminal though compared to 1and1 and hostgator. I saw some that were 19.99 for 1GB and 200GB bandwidth. And they didn't even offer most of the freebies that the 1and1 and hostgator offer.

don't use 1&1 it is terrible. I don't say more that is enough.

Jobarra
12-19-2007, 12:43 PM
if it's for a ron paul site, please contact mdh
Doh, really? Well, it's okay. Only cost me $60 for the first 3 months for both of the sites, so it's not too bad.

In what way? I haven't started work on the site yet(tonight and tomorrow I hope), but since I paid for it already, it's a done deal. These aren't going to be fancy sites or anything, but I'm still interested in the problems that 1and1 has just in case I need to get ready for it(like not stopping billing even when the site is cancelled, bad downtimes, etc.)

drexhex
12-19-2007, 12:45 PM
If it's for a mainly text website, 3host.biz seems to be working well for me. 5gb space, 50gb of bandwidth/months, includes sql databases and php. Also has ftp uploading too.

Best of all, costs $0.

(The site I run on it is in my signature)

Elwar
12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
I like http://www.powweb.com for throwing up a site with lots of tools that make it easy to have a fairly robust web site.

I also use http://www.rimuhosting.com which is $50 a month but they give you your own Linux server with JBOSS capability and pretty much whatever other Linux stuff you want to put on.

smartguy911
12-19-2007, 12:46 PM
For folks that are low on cash, I recommend http://www.profusehost.net. Its a free web hosting company. I use them and its free.

JordanL
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM

I use DreamHost... I have over 580GB of disk space and abotu 10 TB of transfer. Plus I get full shell access to my server. :)

Mark
12-19-2007, 01:54 PM

PM'd you

Indy Vidual
12-19-2007, 01:58 PM

In what way? I haven't started work on the site yet(tonight and tomorrow I hope), but since I paid for it already, it's a done deal. These aren't going to be fancy sites or anything, but I'm still interested in the problems that 1and1 has just in case I need to get ready for it(like not stopping billing even when the site is cancelled, bad downtimes, etc.)

They have slow customer service, but if you know how to set up your site, you will be fine. :)

Abobo
12-19-2007, 02:06 PM
It all depends on what type of site you're planning on running.

I highly recommend AlphaRed for large sites: http://www.alphared.com/
They have a wide range of dedicated servers and VPS available. They also have email, chat, and telephone support for if your server goes down.

For smaller sites I recommend Site5: http://www.site5.com/

orion846
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
my life is financed by my web hosting business www.xanthion.com - can give me a PM/email if interested (alternatively could just signup, but i like to get to know clients if possible)